Transfer Service is Perfect

richardya

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transfered one of my characters today. All went smooth and it's really simple to do, just go to My Account and it's all fairly self explanitory. Said it could take up to an hour, so I set it off, popped down to the shop for some beers, got back home 10 minutes or so later and transfer was complete. Nicely done.

As someone mentioned before hand, just make sure you don't have any mail or anything on GMK, as these will be lost.

Good luck to all those still awaiting transfers, I'm sure your server will be up soon :)

I've been pretty impressed with it. Each of the characters I've transferred resulted in an email arriving saying the transfer was complete and then ten seconds later an email saying your character transfer has begun, can't really ask for better than that :p

So nice to be on the fleet and see 200+ people whilst at the same time hear from my guild mate that the Rep side also has 180. Queue pops for pvp have been taken a minute at the most and my favourite part is PvP has actually become a challenge again since we're not just playing the same usual players whose styles we've adapted to. Was also great to see how many people from my old server had transferred with four of the five largest guilds present and lots of familiar faces, in fact I hardly feel like I've left my old server at all because everywhere I turn I see people I know mixed with people I don't and the new server is extremely friendly. I'm one very happy customer. :)

how do I knw when the transfer is done? and can I que up all the characters to transfer before the first is done?

You will get two emails per toon transferred. One to let you know that the transfer started and one once the process is done. You really don't have to que your toons, they will all go through at the same time.

I'm impressed. First toon was transferred in 10 minutes and the second one was done in nine. So much better than SWG transfers. Well done BW.

So far so good, for once bioware fails to dissapoint :D At my parents house now so can't check if it went through correctly, but as far as I can tell it have. Only issue is that on the server status page, I no longer have any servers highlighted because I have characters on them. Additionally on the transfer page it now say I have 9 characters at Toomb of freedon nad, which sounds a bit weird seeing as the cap is 8.. Anyhow, really lucky that just ToFN was the destination, since I now have a lvl 29 legacy there, to be merged with my lvl 31 legacy from chuundar :p

Additionally on the transfer page it now say I have 9 characters at Toomb of freedon nad, which sounds a bit weird seeing as the cap is 8

My guess is that the copy process involves creating a character, changing it's database entries to match the character you are transferring from, then copying it again locally or something. There always seemed to be one more character than I'd transferred listed after I started.

Went wonderfully smoothly for me, all characters transferred, had to rename two, but prefer the new names anyway. Amazed that it only took seconds rather than hours. Well done, Bioware.

I was impressed by how smooth and quick the transfer process was. It took mere minutes! And though I was quite sad that I had to rename most of my characters, I am glad I transferred and am happy to be on a more populated server now. It was so nice seeing 140 people on the Fleet instead of 14!

I hope they continue to fill up the current destination servers, I can live with a little queuing. :)

its fast all right, but one of my toons has now got a corrupt name.

That'll be that someone already has that name. Try to log in and you'll be asked for a new one (if not, then yes, you have a corrupt name)

The transfer of my toons took minutes. Wow! I'm amazed.

My old MMO required weeks to do a transfer and you had to pay them to do it. lol

Definitely impressed. Well played BW.

Additionally, The Bastion is shaping up to be a BEAST of a PvP server with the peeps and guilds ending up there. Can't wait to get down and dirty PvPing on my Pub again. Hopefully, my Guild can get reorganized.

I too agree that the server transfers were perfect. It happens so fast it is almost unexpected. I know a lot of time and effort was put in to make this as flawless as possible, and I thank everyone involved for making it a very smooth and relatively pain free process. Edited by Snapperlicious

Do we have to take all our stuff out of our Cargo Hold by the way, or will the contents also transfer over (including the extra tabs bought)? I have way too much stuff in there to carry in my inventory, but I don't want to lose anything during the transition...

Thanks!

Do we have to take all our stuff out of our Cargo Hold by the way, or will the contents also transfer over (including the extra tabs bought)? I have way too much stuff in there to carry in my inventory, but I don't want to lose anything during the transition...

Thanks!

Your personal cargo hold will get xfer'd just fine. Mine did for both characters I moved to JC.

I am a bit disappointed for not seeing my home server, Iron Citadel, included in the list: either having the option to transfer away or having an influx of people.

It is one of the quieter servers and I have been hoping to see the server transfer to repopulate it.