The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Death to a majority of the dailies...

Ansalem

I like the daily system, I just wish they would add more options beyond the relics.

Solo players should be able to obtain all the same loot that operations/flashpoints players get, it should just take significantly longer to obtain.

For instance, if you're running HM Koragga's Palace and you average 1 loot every raid thus 1 piece a week. A solo player should be able to obtain the same piece of gear with 2 weeks worth of daily commendations.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been tired of doing these dailies since i first got to 50, the black hole ones are just boring for me, while belsavis ones take too long to be worthwhile doing and the ilum ones have that long loading screen that is worse than corellia, the belsavis ones are currently the most interesting but its just too long to do them all, i'd much rather just run through hard mode esseles or taral v, which gives better gear than the dailies anyway.

I personally haven't ran any end game flashpoints on my live servers (due to the Pop of them) but when I ran one on the PTS, each boss dropped a daily Comm and a Tionese comm.

Again, not sure if that's already done pre 1.3, but if not, 1.3 will be easier to farm Daily Commendations :)

Pretty much the standard endgame these days. Dailies for people that don't always run in groups and drops for those that do. The latter gets it much faster. Even in PvP running around in a balaced premade will net faster comms because you'll most likely win most.

Have to admit though as a new 50 that's new to the game the quests that are dumped on you is a bit overwhelming. Sure there are some things nobody does and others that they do but I don't know what's what yet. Even on The Fatman I don't really see much advertising for HM stuff as most people seem to be hovering around lvl 10-30, constantly making alts I guess. I suppose LFG que will help in that dept though.

Its simple. Its a balancing act of making content last long enough with the content they envisioned developing.

So, for gear, there needs to a grind of some kind and that is natural in themepark MMOs... however, limiting end game to mostly that is a lack of vision. And unfortunately, we are stuck with this style of gameplay that makes content last long enough.

But... besides having gear grinds, the other problem is 1. Lack of other features or other long term goals for end game and 2. gear grinds usually means that elitist are on top of the food chain hurting the game in allowing for skill to have a place to those starting a gear grind being new players or playing alts.

The good thing I have to say is that the comabt and warzones are not zerg fests and actually allow for fun combat. Also the abilties we have in swtor is also good for breaking through zerg fests with the amount of aoe cc abilties.

So... it would be nice to have content that was not dependent on gear grinds such as open world pvp /objectives, multiplayer mini games 3d space combat (probably will have a grind of its own, but if it is something similar to other space games then gear grinds are really brackets and not the same) and other features as well like big BGs, player housing etc etc

Since to have that other content would maximize the overall feel of the game and motivate others to profit from the gear grind should they choose to make other parts fo the game which are not so dependent on it like zerging more fun overall.

So let the people who want to do dailies, and the gear grind have thier gear grind... but the devs should have had more to the game than just a gear grind as a way to play except for the space missions which is a grind for money since its not multiplayer.

Edited by VegaPhone

The best way to do your dailies is to run them with a few guild members. They go by really fast and aren't a grind.

True, running with someone else, if possible, is the way to go. My wife and I do them together and we clown around and generally have fun.

We find that they are quick to do as a team and most of the time is spent either on travel to and from and/or watching loading screens. We each obtained our first relic and are half way to the second and have our eyes on a few other things that the commedations can buy.

We end each run with a ton of credits (which my wife likes to spend so the need is always there) and bags full of mats since we have Archeology, Slicing, and Scavaging on our characters. The dalies feed our crafting habits. I have also seen some changes recently with a rare chance of getting a decent / usable drop.

I do think that the WOW dailies are better in the sense that when I played WOW they had more variety and more people running them at any one time. They also yeilded a few BIS pieces (much to the outrage of the raiders) that were a real motivation. I think that dailies are in the beginning stage in swtor and have room to grow and improve and so like many things about the game, the ball is in BWs court.

Edited by asbalana

Before 1.2 I remember pvping just to get centurion with 1-2 pieces of champ then you could do all HM's easily and without being a nuisance to the group, that is of course if you know how to play your class, every flashpoint except Lost Islands HM is extremely easy you can run it with full modifiable gear with lvl 48-50 blue mods, so the only reason to do the dailies is to get the rakata implants and that should take what? a week max?

So your point is to take it easy and skip grinding in general for the optional content?

This begs the questions: What optional content? SWTOR is a grind-heavy game from the ground up. PvP? Grind. PvE? Grind. About the only thing to do is go datacron hunting, which does not fit the definition of content worthy to pay $15/month for.

Bottomline: Dailies are so 2006. Why do people P2P a game that gives repetitive content that feels like a second job?

I think PvP is still fun, which is the only reason I still log on, but this optional content I've found is nonexistent.

Errr....no, the DAILIES are the optional content. Actually, the entire endgame at this point is optional content. My friends and I are leveling alts, because in every game we've played, we could care less about raids past easymode to see the content. We don't grind until it hurts. When SWTOR isn't fun, we go do other stuff for a bit (I actually do things like.....read. They do things like play BF3 or D3). An MMO isn't a job, and if you play it like one, you're bound to be disappointed. No game I have ever played has been able to sustain that level of activity at endgame for more than the first few weeks after an expac or the release of new content. Without grinding that is. And doing the same ops or heroic content over and over to get rare gear is grinding too.

What exactly are the non-grindy MMO's you've played (at endgame) and why aren't you still playing them if they were so hot? If a playstyle is that much better, I fail to see why people leap to other games over the one they like so much, and then sit there stating how much they dislike the new game.

This is something that is definitely imbalanced in this game. The time investment to payoff ratio is a bit too long. The sweet spot is when it still feels like you had make some sustained effort but not so far off that it you eventually get tired and give up. If they could add an achievement system to the game, and some smaller, cheaper rewards to purchase, then that may bring things more into balance. Lower the cost of the Rakata gear (75-80 comms each) and the relics (120-150 comms each) and add a greater variety of less expensive items (consumables, pets, mounts, orange gear, etc.)

I did not intend to post twice but there is a point here that is worth mentioning.

I am not sure if things are too expensive / take to many commendations to buy. But I think a greater variety of items to purchase with the dailies would make a big difference and keep people running them. I remember the TB dailies in WOW and the two great mounts that they provided as well as a decent gear upgrade for new 85s and on Molten Front a few BIS pieces. I ran the WOW dailies until had everything that they could give.

So items such as mounts and pets and perhaps some gear and consumables in an expanded list would be nice and would motivate people. BW would have to be careful with respect to the consumables and gear so as not to negatively impact crafting and the overall economy. Daily achievements would also motivate. I would love to see the higher level mats and schematics only available to raiders be accessable through a rich daily system. It would be nice if there were random events that motivated ad hoc grouping. If some of this happened there would probably be more people on Corellia, Ilum, and Belsavis than on fleet.

i grind dailies just to make money now, but honestly, i wish they would com up with another way for us to make some good money. Like some minigames that we can make some big cash with in a long period of time.

I love the dailys. More Dailys please.

If you love doing repetitive tasks on a daily basis, why don't you just go find a job? You can actually get paid to work, instead of paying $15 to work and call it "entertainment".

It's why I don't play EVE Online. If I was good at EVE, I might as well use all that effort towards playing our real economy.

Edited by RocNessMonster

If you love doing repetitive tasks on a daily basis, why don't you just go find a job? You can actually get paid to work, instead of paying $15 to work and call it "entertainment".

It is work if a person is under aged to be employed but playing a game and then selling thier account for $1000s of dollars for the grind they did for years. Basically MMOs are the modern age child labor option number 1.

If you dont like grinds then ask BW for a MT shop and pay them... or they develop other content not so dependent on gear grinds or give us multiple methods to get gear or money which are also not so heavily dependent on a gear grind affecting or limiting a players skill against an uber player.

edit: However, imo, a MT shop would ruin swtor due to not having enough features and actual content even as a tripple a MMO with a hugh budget and several years of development.

So having a MT that actually still makes the game fun is a compliment to the devs that there is 1. enough content and 2. the right mix of features in thier game that people are playing it for the content and not for the grind/addictiveness of a never ending story that increases in worth of time/money. Even if a person does not plan on selling thier account, trust me, the fact that they know their time is worth something playing an MMO adds to the addictiveness.

except that addictiveness for its value in money is missing in swtor due to 1. Origin tied in with other games and 2. its forbidden and they are good at monitoring those things so it rarely happens which in a way is good to prevent hackers/scammers from being involved.

Edited by VegaPhone

/not signed.

Doing dailies is a part of any MMO that I have ever played. They are completely optional. You can do the vast majority of the content in this game without having to reap the rewards from doing dailies for weeks at a time. It's become second nature for me to log into an MMO and the first thing I do on my character is daily quests. If you don't want to do them then don't do them.

/not signed.

Doing dailies is a part of any MMO that I have ever played. They are completely optional. You can do the vast majority of the content in this game without having to reap the rewards from doing dailies for weeks at a time. It's become second nature for me to log into an MMO and the first thing I do on my character is daily quests. If you don't want to do them then don't do them.

EDIT: The main reason I do dailies is for currency. I actually just noticed how funny it was though. I work a real job and use part of my salary to pay for online gaming. So I work, in real life, to pay for a game so that I can take my character and... work... to earn virtual currency. Kind of ironic isn't it? lol.

I know I'm not the only one fed up with having to grind dailies all the time for comms to purchase items with. Is there some other system that bioware can put in place that isn't so grindy? I grew tired of flying to 3 different planets every day and doing space missions. I know on the pts with 1.3 daily commendations drop off some boss kills in HM flash points...thats nice and all but instead of doing a daily quest you are just switching it to grinding HMs. I suppose daily comms from hm fps wouldnt be so bad if they lowered the costs on some of the items such as the 200 commendation items. I'm fine with doing the 1 HM FP or warzone daily quest a day, but I am extremely burned out with all the other daily content.

Anyways those are my thoughts. Does anyone else have anything to say about daily quests and the grind?

Nobody is forcing you to grind them day in and day out.

If you do all of them you can get about 40 comms per day and 250k or so.

do them for a week and you have 280 comms.

buy 2 implants, armoring and hilt.

What more do you need from the daily's?

7 days is hardly a grind.

You want grind, go to AOC and grind faction, when that first came out it was brutal, and took MONTHS.

You DON'T have to do them and there are many people who don't.

I stopped doing them along time ago. If your raiding and getting good gear, you really don't need me anymore.

If I do them it's for money.

The daily system works, that's why it's there. No one is forcing you to do them. There are other ways of getting gear and money.

And if you think that's a grind you obviously never played EQ.

Edited by Parkerdude

You DON'T have to do them and there are many people who don't.

I stopped doing them along time ago. If your raiding and getting good gear, you really don't need me anymore.

If I do them it's for money.

The daily system works, that's why it's there. No one is forcing you to do them. There are other ways of getting gear and money.

^^^

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

I only do a few of them a day for the credits.

I know I'm not the only one fed up with having to grind dailies all the time for comms to purchase items with. Is there some other system that bioware can put in place that isn't so grindy? I grew tired of flying to 3 different planets every day and doing space missions. I know on the pts with 1.3 daily commendations drop off some boss kills in HM flash points...thats nice and all but instead of doing a daily quest you are just switching it to grinding HMs. I suppose daily comms from hm fps wouldnt be so bad if they lowered the costs on some of the items such as the 200 commendation items. I'm fine with doing the 1 HM FP or warzone daily quest a day, but I am extremely burned out with all the other daily content.

Anyways those are my thoughts. Does anyone else have anything to say about daily quests and the grind?

Dailies are an easy way in which a develop can say "Look, we have endgame content".

They are one of the worst things in SWTOR for me. Hence why I'm always poor and why nothing in legacy excites me, as to benefit from anything (even with legacy level 45) I'd need to farm a lot of dailies.

I love gripes like this.

These same people then QQ or quit when they say they have nothing to do at 50.

Just pure comedy.