The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you US players should be grateful, in europe we don't even get ANY info at all. anyone who can't read english is really fu****

Hmm, i buy a game published by a ENGLISH speaking company and then complain when social media is in ENGLISH? seriously?

Hmm, ¿puedo comprar un juego publicado por una compañía de habla inglesa y luego se quejan cuando los medios sociales está en inglés? en serio?

All right folks, I have an update for you.

As mentioned before, because of the logistics in monitoring the rate of character transfers and population shifts onto destination servers, our cadence for opening up origin servers will change day-to-day.

As we approach the weekend, we want to be careful about where to allow additional servers to transfer to so as not to overwhelm current destination servers. Many weekend players will be logging in, contributing to our overall analysis.

This means that we need to monitor populations and rate of transfers over the weekend before opening up new servers. We understand that players are anxious to transfer, but please be patient during this process so that we can deliver the best gameplay experience that we can offer.

Thanks! Now I'm not gonna bother buying more time once I'm up in 3 days. Because you are wasting my time I payed for by making me stay on server where pvp does not exist. Completely unacceptable once you solve the issue for 90% of the servers you flip the bird to the remaining 10% the bird and tell us to wait a week.

Edited by TellerRage

This is such bs!

why can they not just take the remaining 7 PVE West servers and merge them into a new destination server and be done with it

it just doesnt make any sense at all =(

same thing with remaining 6 german PVE servers, just bs from bw. talk about customers third class.

You'll notice that they're from two different days, and that that wasn't my previous post today. As I mentioned, it's a day-to-day evaluation.

That's exactly the point. Yesterday you told us there would be transfers Friday, and Friday you changed it up on us. It was bad enough seeing higher-population servers than mine (Tarro Blood) getting transfers first, but now we have to wait through the weekend. We've been so patient for days now.

I'd also add, that when I spoke to customer service about it, they gave me a script pretty much highlighting all the fantastic features of the character transfer... A transfer we have YET to get. I understand it is coming out in waves, but I don't think it is the best policy to HIGHLIGHT features to people who are complaining because they HAVEN'T gotten those features yet... Seems couter-productive, and a bit insulting IMO.

Can you explain what in particular you need to monitor regarding European English PVE servers?

Are you unsure whether or not every single one of the 10 (out of 20) remaining servers will fit into The Red Eclipse?

I'm asking because looking at it from the outside, it seems 100% sure that with current population caps, that there is no chance whatsoever that all 10 remaining servers will fit there..

This.

Red Eclipse seems to be pretty well populated. Nominate a new English PvE destination and move the remaining servers there. It doesn't matter if red eclipse is full to the brim it matters more that if you can't fit all the remaining servers onto Red Eclipse then every extra server you move there now means the inevitable extra PvE destination will have less people.

We don't need 1 Full and 1 Heavy PvE server we need 2 Very Full PvE servers. That is the balanced population you stated is the goal of these transfer. You can even leave 2 servers off the origin list for final balancing and its ok if its Hydian Way (my server), its better for 2 servers to wait than 10.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

If your process requires this much monitoring, then it was poorly planned from the start. I'll be canceling my subscription until I see some intelligent planning for this game (ie I'm talking about more than server transfers).

Couldn't have said it better.

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that it wasn't like the day a server opened up everyone who was going to transferred did. Some servers may have seen major migrations, other may have only see minor ones. As more time goes by, more transfers are made and they have to watch that.

Imagine if origin servers that only saw a 20-30% migration, jumped over the next few days to 70 or 80%. (The percentage might not be so drastic, but the hard numbers may be.) You end up with server's that are vastly fuller than they ever intended. Their margin of errors would then mean they have to look at diverting the remaining unopened servers elsewhere, perhaps to more destination servers than the original consolidation process.

I could very easily see Day 1 showing only minor migrations, so day 2 we got a lot more servers, also showing only minor migration, as Day 3 approached, Day 1 migrations were still going. but word was spreading, and they sent the day 3 servers to new destinations. Thursday is for some reason a big game night (I never figured out why, but that has been my observation). Imagine if migration totals jumped sharply across the board. They were expecting 20-30% from each server, now they see 50%, and the weekend could jump that to 70% or higher.

It's a numbers game mixed with a decision based on a human response (deciding to transfer). I'm on one of those unannounced servers, and as I come closer to the conclusion that I should transfer if and when given the chance, I am actually glad that they are making sure I don't end up on an overpopulated server.

Maybe they screwed up and opened up too many too fast.

**All numbers are plucked from the ether and not remotely based on anything other than as random examples.**

Edited by Alxandria

Personally I love the people who ***** and have double digits on the fleet or can actually pvp w/o having to start calling people from both factions irl and getting them to log back into a dead server, please ***** more you have it so much worse then us who don't break 4 on fleet most days or pvp hasn't popped at 50 or low level in 3 months. Yes you have the right to cry the loudest.

It's day to day excuse's, I guess you have your main servers now so your not bothered about all the people left on dead servers..not that there is going to be many left after this because most will unsub.

/signed

there's no logic in BWs attemp to "monitor the numbers". hey BW - you KNOW the exact numbers!

you and only you know:

# of active subscribers

# of canceled subscriptions

# of subscriptions running out

# of total player/server

# of active player/server

what the XXXX are you "monitoring"? the # of people NOT logging into your game because there's NO REASON AT ALL to login to a dead ghost server ??????????????

it's weekend, here in the EU we have these soccer thing, the weather is fine, SWTOR is unplayable on my dead server = there is NOTHING to be "monitored".

you just piss us off

i have to write this here in the EN-US thread because we in DE-EU don't get any feedback at all today. anoying methods!

*sigh* All of this is part of the bigger master plan that includes a F2P model that is being currently worked at.

Just keep the people that are still trying to play and paying each month around. Get those low pop servers happy again. Sith Wyrm is one that is struggling now. More so since the last population update that took place this last week. Big drop in people over the last 2 weeks. Throw them a bone along with the rest.

TSW beta weekend with TSW coming out at the end of the month-- I guess the decision about whether I keep a SWTOR sub and play both or drop SWTOR has been made. I simply think it is unfair that most of the players in SWTOR get to enjoy the game on healthy pop servers while the rest of us are stuck on dead or dying servers with no information on when we will once again be able to enjoy the game like everyone else.

seriously... You do all but 40 servers?! Out of 215 servers total, you screw over the last 40...

I had already unsubbed, but was truly hoping that i would have been one of the server transfers, so i could actually see other people playing the game, even went onto the ptr to test out 1.3... I was going to resub, but after this bs... You can suck it... You don't deserve the money after screwing over *does head math* 18.*% of what is left of your player base...

You do realize that you just screwed over that many people and at least that many people are now leaving your game because of your laziness...

Dear bioware: Do not bother transferring over those last 40 servers!!! Anyone playing on them is canceling their subscription right now !!

Way to run what could have been a great game even further into the ground!! Only by screwing over your player base!!! 100% your fault!! Take the blame as you take a job somewhere else!!!

qft!!!!

Hmm, i buy a game published by a ENGLISH speaking company and then complain when social media is in ENGLISH? seriously?

Hmm, ¿puedo comprar un juego publicado por una compañía de habla inglesa y luego se quejan cuando los medios sociales está en inglés? en serio?

you bought what you bought - i bought what i bought.

and guess what - i bought a GERMAN game client with GERMAN localisation and GERMAN "support" that does not exist.

Edited by ViShu

No, it does not look like it. Please see the reasoning in my previous post.

We've been waitting for transfers on Frostclaw since Tuesday now.

I'm really, really cross that you're going to leave a large portion of us stuck on dead servers over the weekend.

I've been a loyal, paying supporter of this game since well before pre-release. Right now, for the first time ever, I feel like cancelling my subscription.

Ive been sitting waiting for my Thana Vesh characters to be moved for months, no pvp games, no pve groups, max of 10 on the fleet, yet you go and transfer servers which at least have some action and leave ours to rot for at least the weekend?

I hate you, i really do, enjoy your Friday off you lazy bastards

We've been waitting for transfers on Frostclaw since Tuesday now.

I'm really, really cross that you're going to leave a large portion of us stuck on dead servers over the weekend.

I've been a loyal, paying supporter of this game since well before pre-release. Right now, for the first time ever, I feel like cancelling my subscription.

I second that motion.

Seriously... you do all but 40 servers?! Out of 215 servers total, you screw over the last 40...

I had already unsubbed, but was truly hoping that I would have been one of the server transfers, so I could actually see other people playing the game, even went onto the PTR to test out 1.3... I was going to resub, but after this BS... you can suck it... you don't deserve the money after screwing over *does head math* 18.*% of what is left of your player base...

You do realize that you just screwed over that many people and AT LEAST that many people are now leaving your game because of your laziness...

DEAR BIOWARE: DO NOT BOTHER TRANSFERRING OVER THOSE LAST 40 SERVERS!!! ANYONE PLAYING ON THEM IS CANCELING THEIR SUBSCRIPTION RIGHT NOW !!

WAY TO RUN WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT GAME EVEN FURTHER INTO THE GROUND!! ONLY BY SCREWING OVER YOUR PLAYER BASE!!! 100% YOUR FAULT!! TAKE THE BLAME AS YOU TAKE A JOB SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

For anyone wondering, 40 out of 215 means there are 18% of us left.

"We need to test this on 82% of the population to make sure it will work for the remaining 18%!" pretty much sums it up.

I think a lot of people are missing the fact that it wasn't like the day a server opened up everyone who was going to transferred did. Some servers may have seen major migrations, other may have only see minor ones. As more time goes by, more transfers are made and they have to watch that.

Imagine if origin servers that only saw a 20-30% migration, jumped over the next few days to 70 or 80%. (The percentage might not be so drastic, but the hard numbers may be.) You end up with server's that are vastly fuller than they ever intended. Their margin of errors would then mean they have to look at diverting the remaining unopened servers elsewhere, perhaps to more destination servers than the original consolidation process.

I could very easily see Day 1 showing only minor migrations, so day 2 we got a lot more servers, also showing only minor migration, as Day 3 approached, Day 1 migrations were still going. but word was spreading, and they sent the day 3 servers to new destinations. Thursday is for some reason a big game night (I never figured out why). Imagine if migration totals jumped sharply across the board. They were expecting 20-30% from each server, now they see 50%, and the weekend could jump that to 70% or higher.

It's a numbers game mixed with a decision based on a human response (deciding to transfer). I'm on one of those unannounced servers, and as I come closer to the conclusion that I should transfer if and when given the chance, I am actually glad that they are making sure I don't end up on an overpopulated server.

Maybe they screwed up and opened up too many too fast.

I think you may be missing the point that they have known the burst cap populations of these servers before they started this process. We all remember the heady days of patch 1.2 and how busy our servers became. They know that population and could easily make plans for these moves based on those numbers, and now they say they need to monitor to figure this out. Give me about 30 minutes with the numbers and Excel, give me the max and min pop's they are looking for on these systems, give me the aggregate numbers from the past couple of months and I will pop out a list of Origin>Destination servers that we could go with. Would there be some issues due to some people coming back and other still leaving? Probably. Would they be minor compared to 21% of the customers being left to cry out in the wilderness?

My PvE brothers and sisters left on dead servers! Request transfers to Firaxan Shark!

You will be welcomed and loved here. If we can get them to open a transfer to Firaxan Shark we can get HMs, OPs, and Warzones going tonight!!

For anyone wondering, 40 out of 215 means there are 18% of us left.

"We need to test this on 82% of the population to make sure it will work for the remaining 18%!" pretty much sums it up.

Indeed - it's ..... weird is properly the best word I can come up with to describe what is going on.

I'm starting to feel as part of a social experiment by Bioware about how much they can mess up and still get peoples money.