Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Hi folks, just wanted to let you all know that we will be opening up more servers today. I also wanted to remind everyone that the opening of origin servers for free character transfers is now in the fine-tuning stage. We will be monitoring server populations and seeing how they stabilize. What this means is that, while we will open up more origin servers today, you're going to see fewer opening up this week and into the next. The weekend will also provide more data for us.

While I understand the need for metrics, at this point in time you would be better to error on the side of risk. The servers left are so under-populated that people are beyond fed up. Add to that the lack of definitive information on server transfers and the general bad luck to be on the servers not transferred yet is breeding a very angry populace. We are paying you monthly for a service that doesnt work. PVP is MIA from 12am to 12pm. The economies are dwindling (Lack of items on the GTN), and the leveling planets are so underpopulated you cannot do Heroics. So many of the people in my guild and on our server have their paid time coming up in the next few days and a large amount are ready to let their subs drop. I don't want to play this game if all my friends ive been playing with leave the game. Waiting through the weekend is going to cost you subscriptions. We love this game, we want to play this game, please enable us to do just that.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a backwater server if people actually give it a damn chance and move their characters and guilds to the new server. TO MAKE THIS WORK, WE ALL HAVE TO MOVE.

15 EC PvP servers left.

About 2-10 ppl on each in fleet on PRIME TIME.

Sent to a backwater server with no existing population.

Maths says it wont be fine. Maths says there will be around 150ppl tops on PRIME TIME. Compared to fatman's now 300+. We have been given the shaft, and hard.

Bioware you should be embarrassed at how incompetently this was done. You may think that an absolute black hole of communication is in your best interest because then you can never be wrong. I am here to tell you... you are wrong. Still no clue when our server is transferring, but when it does it will be to Prophecy of Five. A server with a fraction of the population of fatman. Lest it be unclear, population size is pretty important to pvp servers. I have cancelled my account. EVERYONE I have spoken to on HoG is doing the same. It is clear that you in no way have our best interests in mind... and moreover are refusing to tell us anything other than "soon". Good luck filling up party of five (by the way, why is it again you are filling up a completely empty server when there are others with higher pop still unmoved?). I ask that question parenthetically because I know you are constitutionally incapable of giving a clear straight answer to any question. And again ... soon... we know what we are doing... trust us... these are not answers. These are evasions. You should refund the entirety of my and everyone's subscription costs that get stuck on party of five, because our toons have become completely useless.

This game could have been great with decent planning and an iota of common sense. Bye.

It's not a backwater server if people actually give it a damn chance and move their characters and guilds to the new server. TO MAKE THIS WORK, WE ALL HAVE TO MOVE.

Nail, meet head. I'm glad to see that there are some PvPers with a lick of sense.

Edited by Xiahoufig

Bioware you should be embarrassed at how incompetently this was done. You may think that an absolute black hole of communication is in your best interest because then you can never be wrong. I am here to tell you... you are wrong. Still no clue when our server is transferring, but when it does it will be to Prophecy of Five. A server with a fraction of the population of fatman. Lest it be unclear, population size is pretty important to pvp servers. I have cancelled my account. EVERYONE I have spoken to on HoG is doing the same. It is clear that you in no way have our best interests in mind... and moreover are refusing to tell us anything other than "soon". Good luck filling up party of five (by the way, why is it again you are filling up a completely empty server when there are others with higher pop still unmoved?). I ask that question parenthetically because I know you are constitutionally incapable of giving a clear straight answer to any question. And again ... soon... we know what we are doing... trust us... these are not answers. These are evasions. You should refund the entirety of my and everyone's subscription costs that get stuck on party of five, because our toons have become completely useless.

This game could have been great with decent planning and an iota of common sense. Bye.

people are funny

131 source servers towards 19 destination servers, that is around 60% of the total servers for SWTOR having been identified for selective transfers. Also, the destination servers account for 9% of the total servers for SWOTOR. That is a very interesting amount and proportion of consolidation. There are only about 67 more servers left to identify or around 31% of the total server population pending a determination of source or destination.

Interesting that there are still many more servers that hardly ever leave the "Light" population that should make the source or destination list. Time will tell what becomes of us on those servers. Heck, I have waited enough that it does not matter if it takes a week or two or three. I already unsubscribed a while ago, but still have time left on it.

How I wish I knew when the transfers to a server of our choosing - not predefined - are coming.

Good job on the server transfers / opt-in mergers thus far Bioware. You are taking steps in the right direction. Thank you.

15 EC PvP servers left.

Maths says it wont be fine. Maths says there will be around 150ppl tops on PRIME TIME. Compared to fatman's now 300+. We have been given the shaft, and hard.

Port Nowhere has consistently had 30+ people (mostly 50s) on the fleet at primetime, and people have constantly been coming back with the news of mergers.

If you have no hard data, don't make assumptions.

Jedi Covenant and Canderous Ordo must be at or near capacity, and there are still 21 PVE-East servers that haven't even been touched yet. So that leads me to conclude that there will very likely be another, as yet unknown destination for us east-coast PVE-ers. Anyone know which is the most populated server that they haven't transferred yet? Perhaps The Razor?

I'd like to ask what will happen with the old servers, since maintain no-pop servers are useless. Any information about this?

I really think that this whole process is just forced server mergers in disguise. Bioware is just giving us the "option" to move, so we can't QQ about the fallacies and catches of this poorly thought out process.

I'm betting they move ~90% of the server pops, and then force the remaining people off, and shut them down.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they threatened to delete chars with the servers, and leaving a paid transfer as the only option out. I don't really think BW is very concerned with the satisfaction of their customers at the moment.

Well, whats new...

15 EC PvP servers left.

Uh, I'm on Terentektak and that's not indicative of our server pop. And our server is still sitting out there with 30+ rep, 60+ imp in primetime. It's not all single digits out there. Hold your horses.

15 EC PvP servers left.

Quite QQ and just jump on the server and everyone will tell you most of us went inactive because of all the games that were coming out. I just resubbed yesterday and we have a lest 4 or 5 guilds that have over 100+ members. I really hope that everyone who comes over aren't like you. :)

Jedi Covenant and Canderous Ordo must be at or near capacity, and there are still 21 PVE-East servers that haven't even been touched yet. So that leads me to conclude that there will very likely be another, as yet unknown destination for us east-coast PVE-ers. Anyone know which is the most populated server that they haven't transferred yet? Perhaps The Razor?

hope it'll be sith meditation sphere but everyone on all those servers is saying they hope it's theirs so we'll see

Shadowlands from what I gather.

Why move? I already have a new legacy on Fatman that I made when Veela died. There are a TON of people who did the same thing. Prophecy can go to hell for all it matters to me. If they moved Veela to Fatman I would have given them more money and renewed my subscription. A lot of people would be doing the same. The offer of a free transfer to a server that is dead now and will be dead again in a few months though is not worth 15 bucks to me.

Wait... hold on... I am getting a message from beyond.... I think it might be a prophecy.... it's saying that Prophecy of the Five will be a light server within 3 months while the Fatman will flourish and that anyone who moves there instead of rerolling to Fatman is an idiot.

Port Nowhere has consistently had 30+ people (mostly 50s) on the fleet at primetime, and people have constantly been coming back with the news of mergers.

If you have no hard data, don't make assumptions.

Yep, not to mention blank /who for imperials still netted +100 during prime-time hours yesterday.

please let mind trick move today

Yes please move Mind Trick!! Anyone have any idea how long before next batch of servers are named?? I'll set my alarm.... No sense in even logging into Mind Trick now.. usually only 10-15 peep on imp fleet now.. Move us PLEASE

Bug. Keep transferring your characters until you hit seven characters on your destination. Then, roll a new one there, get through the opening stuff (esc key it), then delete the character. That should fix the number being displayed incorrectly.

Thanks, appreciate it!