Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper

Tonight has been the straw that broke the camels back.. all PvP servers in Eu merged onto Tomb of Freedon Naad. So we go from no population to over subscribed server, our 1st chance to run an Op in 3 months and we can't log in as the server is full.

Bioware you've gone from one extreme to the other, there appears to be little if any thought in your problem solving solutions, 18 English PvP servers merged into one are you guys for real ?

After the frustration of dead servers for months and even with 1.3 due out this week I just can't bring myself to give you guys any more chances, my play time is limited, if I'm paying to play I want to do so at my convenience, not yours. It's like going to the movies, paying and then being told to wait in the corridor during the film as there's no seats left, you can't see the film but you've paid for the privaledge of standing outside whilst the others who paid are fortunate enough to get what they paid for.

End of rant, end of Sub, just a shame because this game had so much potential and actually held my interest even with it's dodgy endgame content.

:rak_03:

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, posted this in the wrong thread, so reposting it in the right spot.

There's only one reason I cancelled my recurring subscription: the way BioWare sprung the server merges on us.

I fully understand the need for low pop servers to be made into origin servers and allow people to move, but why were so many healthy pop servers designated as origin? Lord Adraas, for example, was by all accounts right around the same pop as Ebon Hawk, and LA was designated for transfers. It gutted the entire server, destroyed many guilds (my own included) and caused a lot of people to have to rename their characters and legacy. Since BioWare has been stressing the importance of the Legacy system, and reminding us at every turn that we need to be sure when we choose a name, because it's permanent, and basically putting a high importance on our characters' identities to have to lose that identity after months of play time is frustrating.

If BW had come out before the transfers and said stated that they would be merging servers, for the benefit of all the features coming in patch 1.3 (LFG, pvp, etc.) then many of us would not have been annoyed by suddenly having a healthy server population disappear. I feel that I was duped and that BW is only giving us the illusion of choice by calling these merges "transfers" instead. The process is exactly how EA/Mythic consolidated servers in Warhammer, allowing free transfers first then forcing people after the server was shut down, but at least they stated they would be doing it that way. In a few months, I expect most of the origin servers to be gone entirely.

I still have two months left in my subscription, and in a few days maybe I will feel like playing again. I lost a guild I put a lot of time and effort into establishing an identity and reputation on my server, and when some of my guildies transferred and tried to recreate the guild they found that the name was already taken. So now I lost out monetarily on our guild's website. However, I will see if I can regain my desire to play, especially as the new patch comes and we find out more about what is coming at the end of the year.

Oh, ok, maybe one other reason: all the free to play talk. You should have worked out f2p from the beginning, in my experience games that go from sub to f2p are never the same, and every one I've played tha went that way I wound up quitting.

Unsubscribed from a 6mth subscription and havent really played for the last month +.

Love Kotor, BG and Bioware.

Here are my 5 items:

1) Too much like WoW

Dailies, Ops, long FP(2 hour+ to complete...), pvp.

Played enough of WoW and BW really should not have followed the WoW model.

2) Lack of things to do at lvl 50.

Dailies again? On my 3 characters? Really?

Ops...except u need a guild and only if the guild runs Ops

I want to run FPs but not interested in waiting for an hour on the Fleet to find a group.

3) PvP affecting PvE

Nerfing of my main class, Shadow Consular

Triple nerf? Wow...thanks

How hard is it to let abilities only affect another player?

4) Crew skills are pretty useless

No point really, leveling up crew skills because they dont provide that much incentive, other than Biochem.

Even then, Biochem will be nerfed in the future.

Daily commendations get u better items than crafting unless you raid and hope for schematic drops.

5) Updates take way too long

Need a max of 3 months for each update.

Anything longer than 3 months will bore people and people will unsubscribe.

Rakghoul event was nice though.

6) PvP getting two-shotted isnt fun or getting run over in a Pug by premade teams.

How hard is it to simply queue premades with premades?

Longer queue for Premades? That's their choice then.

7) Too many Heroic 4 quests.

When there are so few people on a planet, why have so many H4 quests?

Tone them down to H2 and H2 quests to solo quests.

Since BW wants to follow WoW, do what WoW did and remove the outdoor elite areas and quests.

Most people dont do them, not worth the time for the rewards given.

The only thing left after hitting lvl 50 is to create an alt and level up the alt.

I can only run so many alts before I tire of the same planets and quests as most quests are the same.

Hope swtor lives on a long life but for me, i'm out, for a while at least.

Well guys it was fun, I just unsubscribed. I have 59 days left until im not able to play anymore.

Honestly I can't bring myself to play anymore... I log in for about 10 minutes before I grow bored and just log off. I have been a loyal player since day one of SWTOR's launch. The reasons why I unsubscribed today was because...

1 - SWTOR is incredibly linear. Every world is boxed in...

2 - There is no exploration.

3 - NPC's are too static. They don't move around, they don't do anything. There is simply no life in this game, they just stand there.

4 - No day or night cycle, no weather.

5 - Social hubs are boring, you can't even sit on a chair or interact with objects except lore objects in this game.

6 - Every flashpoint and operations are on the fleet, which forces people to stay on the fleet. This is why worlds are empty. I honestly have no reason to go back to planets.

7 - Daily quests are too repetitive and just plain boring to do. If I do another daily quest my eyes will bleed.

Goodluck to everyone who continues to play this train wreck of an MMO. I'll happily knock my way out the door for you guys. Good riddance SWTOR.

Edited by DuckKing

Well guys it was fun, I just unsubscribed. I have 59 days left until im not able to play anymore.

Honestly I can't bring myself to play anymore... I log in for about 10 minutes before I grow bored and just log off. I have been a loyal player since day one of SWTOR's launch. The reasons why I unsubscribed today was because...

3 - NPC's are too static. They don't move around, they don't do anything. There is simply no life in this game, they just stand there.

5 - Social hubs are boring, you can't even sit on a chair or interact with objects except lore objects in this game.

6 - Every flashpoint and operations are on the fleet, which forces people to stay on the fleet. This is why worlds are empty. I honestly have no reason to go back to planets.

7 - Daily quests are too repetitive and just plain boring to do. If I do another daily quest my eyes will bleed.

Goodluck to everyone who continues to play this train wreck of an MMO. I'll happily knock my way out the door for you guys. Good riddance SWTOR.

So true.

Wow, you covered nearly everything, and are right about all. I'll give them until the end of the year to open things up a bit more, and hopefully add space content closer to SWG-JTL. If they can't do better than tunnels on the ground, and in space, then there's no reason to stay. It's just sooo boring right now.

20 days to go, not considering at all to buy more game time.

My main is a Sage and I don't have much time to create or maintain an alt. I have played to 83 valor, fully campaign geared and cleared EC HM to Kephess.

PvP has become frustrating. PvE we're behind almost every other class in DPS.

If BW wants to use their "quality of life" argument, nope its not there either. For DPS I need to retain two different specs for PvP and PvE, meaning if I want to enjoy both I need to clock up respec costs of obscene amounts. Adding on to the unpopularity of DPS sages, I am forced to respec to heals to join raids, adding on further to respec cost.

The keyword here is simply - frustrating.

I play a game to unwind, and not to get even more frustrated than before.

It looks like 1.3 isn't going to buy me back.

The we don't care customer service approach.

The inability of bioware to communicate openly and honestly with its customer base.

The inability of bioware to make decisions the consider player needs and concerns.

The lack of urgency on the part of bioware to provide all players with a positive game experience.

Exactly my thoughts

Howdy hey;

I started playing SWTOR during second round beta, and after six months, I opted to cancel my subscription and move on. I have a lot of reasons for that, and many are mirrored with the discussions already begun here, but I thought I would none the less get it out of my system and post them.

So, here goes:

1. Overt Focus on PVP vs. RP/PVE content: I guess I'm in the minority, but I really didn't sign-up on SWTOR for a near-WoW clone. The simple truth is, I don't like PvP in MMOs for the most part, that's what Call of Duty is for IMHO - however, the focus on PvP even in non-PvP zones and/or servers was a bit much. When I cancelled my account, I had opted for the survey, and when it got to my reasons, I selected 'Due to PvP focus'. That was perhaps 1/3 of the survey in. What did the rest of the survey focus on? How to change PvP to make it more palatable. 2/3rds of the exit survey.....

2. Distinct lack of content past Level 50: Once you hit level 50, you are herded towards either Ilum or sub-missions - It just feels as if there were no options. Sure, you could do FlashPoints, or you could do the dailies, but what is the point? Start a new character? I did that...and I found that while some of the storylines were compelling, it wasn't enough.

3. Resources are not generous: Again, I don't PvP, and it directly affected my resources and choices in what gear I could have access to. I know there are a lot of people out there what will say that gaining both credits and resources were crazy-simple-easy, but I found it to be difficult if you were not willing to engage in just doing the dailies or PvPing. There was a lot of effort in the game to create PvP equipment, but not so much at times for other locations. The simple truth is, if you are limited on your time online daily, it's difficult to get what you need to meet your requirements, let alone to afford speeder licenses, legacies, and that augment you've always wanted. Costs in my case were always more in the long run than the ability to garner resources.

4. Server Transfer: Okay, here is a major, MAJOR issue: I worked hard to get to 50, to choose my legacy, and to get my name right off the bat. The implications from the free server transfer, whether or not implicitly stated, was that this was going to be a certain thing, and that to do so now would be free. In effect, I went from a RP server to a similar server, where I proceeded to lose every name I had, my legacy, and ultimately, my desire to keep playing. The fact is, the server transfer made it harder for me to log-in, as the server I was on was a little easier, to a massive server that was 'heavy' or 'full' most of times. In combination of having to fight for log-in and losing my legacy name (Renaming to a fifth choice), it really was disappointing to me.

5. Wookies and standard races from day 1: The simple fact is, I appreciate the use of the Sith and others, but where are the wookies? I think that such a major and canonical race should have been included at least by 1.2, and now rumor has it by the 1st year anniversary for cost? This is a real shame, and one that I think shows that the game wasn't ready for prime-time.

6. Teaming: Simply put, I like to team with people I know. It means that I don't just do pick-up teams, nor do I do raids. I'm not elitist, I just don't want to suck on a epic scale or be responsible for screwing something up with strangers. The problem was, coordination for events and/or storyline missions is non-existent, and it's not just difficult, it's Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) levels of difficult - The game is either too difficult at times for solo play, too easy for a group, or just not something you can coordinate. That bothers me, because we do guild night and it's one of those things where we have to do three groups at best, or rather we did, before people started bailing SWTOR for other games.

So, what else was there? SWTOR started as a good alternative to the other MMOs out there, carving a unique place in a market that has a lot of competition. There is a distinct lack of involvement from Customer Service, a distinct lack of official information, and a focus on the 'hot' item of the moment at the expense of the players who might actually stick around a lot longer.

I know this is not the more popular view - It's just mine, but as a Star Wars fan, a Bio-Ware fan, and an avid MMO player, I just felt I needed to say something, because I really feel disappointed with the experience.

Later on

-there is no pvp in space, the space pve itself is lacking and doesn't offer much value, make it more than a mini game

-the username & legacy name system is very limited, it needs a multiple naming per server policy where we can pick any name we want without the fear of losing either, especially for the players that have been apart of swtor since launch, basically if your a founder you should keep any username/legacy names you want, use the Pirates of the Burning Sea and Guild Wars approach.

After a week of wait and no information, I'm now forced to leave a-not-so-dead server (Darth Sion) to join a lagfest with login waits (DPB), which will only get worse once 1.3 is released and many users will return.

Counting number of paid subscriptions and divide that by server capacity was apparently beyond Bioware's math skills.

That's just not how I want to play the game. I will stay on Darth Sion until my sub runs out next month.

Lastly, if SWTOR can truly only support 2 West Coast PVE servers after only 7 months since launch, there is little future for this. Very regrettable, because this game had so much potential! :(

Goodbye and good luck!

Plain and simple, the identity of my character is everything in SWTOR. Losing the identity of a few characters, particularly my main character, is something I don't feel I can recover from as a player. My character's name is a big part of that identity.

I am not asking for sympathy, or anything else for that matter. I'm giving feedback, because I believe Bioware wants that feedback. I enjoyed the time I played, and it is regrettable it has to end. I wish the best for all of SWTOR's players.

Plain and simple, the identity of my character is everything in SWTOR. Losing the identity of a few characters, particularly my main character, is something I don't feel I can recover from as a player. My character's name is a big part of that identity.

I am not asking for sympathy, or anything else for that matter. I'm giving feedback, because I believe Bioware wants that feedback. I enjoyed the time I played, and it is regrettable it has to end. I wish the best for all of SWTOR's players.

I was going to cancel for this reason, but I got lucky. I accidentally started playing on the Harbinger on my two accounts during launch of which I only kept one active. I just reactivated my second account, this one, and found out I have all the character names from my old server and a few extra names on these two accounts. However, I am missing one name, but it's not really that important and that character that had that name I started playing it less and less each day at max level.

I can live without that one name and hopefully BW allows payed xfers so that I can move to the Harbringer. Only problem might be the legacy name conflict with payed xfers. I have my old main server's original legacy name on Harbinger, but was forced to changed it on my destination server characters. Basically, on the Harbinger I have all the names I had on my original server except one character and legacy name. Thus, I luck out on the Harbinger. Only problem is it's a pve server, but given how the game works there is no difference between a pve or pvp server. In a way I like the pve server more cause I can go afk any where and can finish quest run quest without pvping if I don't feel like it. On my old pvp server I can count on my two hands the times I pvp in the wild while leveling or just being out in the world on max chars, which makes it pointless to being on pvp server.

Had I know that I would have stayed on the Harbinger instead of switching to the swiftsure server.

I also had this extra copy of swtor that I meant to activated a few months ago, but didn't cause I knew I wouldn't have time to play on it during the normal school year. Thus, I activated this account today.

Edited by _Babydoll_

Soo, here I thought it was the lack of players that I kept on getting everytime I moved servers. But I was wrong, the game is just plain boring for me. The game is literally WoW clone with a Star Wars skin on it. WoW and its ilk had its time with me, that game style was fun for a few year for me, but it got old, and unfortunately SWTOR just released to late for the game style it is, it really should have been a game that got released in 2006-8.

Industry is different now, and we have games like Guild Wars 2 that are looking to be a game changer in the industry. IMO Guild Wars 2 is the next WoW, meaning it is going to usher in the new generation of MMOs, just like what WoW did for this current generation of MMOs, with SWTOR probably being the last of the WoW generation of MMOs.

And No, I do not mean that Guild Wars 2 is going to kill, or have more players then WoW does. Because of WoW, the industry for MMOs is huge and the player base for it is spread out all over the place, I doubt another MMO will ever reach WoW sub numbers.

So yeah, my 6 month sub end July 21st and I will not be renewing.

The game just isn't for me, this current generation of MMOs just isn't for me anymore.

Now patiently waiting for the release of Guild Wars 2.

I love the Start Wars universe and had high hopes for this game. Needless to say I have been vastly disappointed. The following is what I said in response to the question, “why are you canceling your subscription.” And yes, I am upset.

A very terribly designed game. Traveling, selling items, buy items, leveling, trying to find groups, the social leveling, space combat, the inconvenience of the entire game. There is not one thing in this game I can point to and say, "That is well done", nothing. I know this isn't SWG, but that game is superior to this in every facet. You spend most of your time in game traveling from one crappy location to the next. It’s ridiculous. First load into the space zone, then load into the docking station, then run through an airlock load to another area where I have to go to a shuttle AND then load planet side???? Really??? How much of a waste of the limited playing time I have is that? Whoever programmed that should be fired.

I can't believe you have a social points system in a game where it's impossible to find groups. What if I don't want to talk to anyone? What if I want to solo the entire game and that's the experience I want. Why should I be force to inactive with people if I don’t want to so I can have access to certain items? I’m sure Sith go around looking for people to buddy up with all the time.

Space combat is a straight up waste of time. The video game from the 80's where you fly through the Deathstar is more exciting. Hey i got an idea, how about in space combat I actually enter into combat with someone. I can’t even give a specific example because there is nothing to comment on. It's like someone tells you they wrote a book, they ask you to read and give them feedback. Only when you get the book all the pages are blank. Mission starts, it propels me forward, I hold the fire button down and a set number of minutes ticks out. You should be ashamed of that complete lack of effort.

Why do I have to be level 25 to ride a speeder? Where’s the logic in that? Oh, I know, there isn’t any because it’s pointless.

How dare you force people to spend credits on things like mail on their ship, or a vendor to sell and repair items or to shave a few measly minutes off of the quick travel option? Having to spent hundreds of thousands of credits on something that should be provided for free takes away from the true core and purpose of this type of game, which is to fight, explore and simulate adventure. Not run around wasting time and credits. Hundreds of thousands on emotes? Really?Try special combat abilities and/or schematics for equipment?

That’s another thing, in a universe where light speed and instant travel exist why can I only pick my mail up from a terminal? I sent my sister money from my phone two days ago. It took 15 seconds.

Why are the quests so terrible? Instead of hiring just programmers you should have hired a few “creative writers/thinkers”. Honestly, I rather put extra time in at work than run these quests. My God, the quests and associated dialog are so terrible I can’t wait to hit the space bar. Ok, the space to skip through the quests that was a good call. But look at the thought process behind that bit of programming, “Hey, guys this dialog is so crappy and quests so boring let’s make it so they can skip right through it with the space bar.”

Honestly I could continue, but I’m losing self respect for myself wondering way I wasted the time and money I did on this game. This has been the biggest let down of my expectations for a game, ever. This actually makes Everquest 2 look fun and innovative. I would not be proud of this game programming.

Edited by Qishari
removed inappropriate language

My subscription expires today, I believe, so here're my top 5 reasons:

(1) Nearly complete lack of open world PvP. To me, open world PvP is I'm out and about, see someone of the opposite faction, and one of us dies. On average, this happened about 10 times per day in WoW on a PvP server, and has happened 2x total in SWTOR, en route to level 50. They cannot redo the zones, etc., but this one thing is the most important reason to me why SWTOR is not all that fun.

(2) Game feels dead, lifeless + (2a) Plays like a single-player game. When you're out and about, it's cool to see other players, whether they are same or opposite faction. In SWTOR, you don't really see anyone very much at all.

Also, during the levelling experience, there's no real incentive to group up, or interact with others, plus, I have a companion who can fill in with roles I may need anyway. So, why should you group up or interact, anyway, you don't really NEED to. So, people don't.

(3) Levelling curve/speed is way too fast. It took several months to max. out a character when I first started WoW, and it takes a matter of days (if you want) to max. out in SWTOR. With the lack of "endgame" (whatever you mean by that) content available in SWTOR, they really ought to have slowed down the levelling speed.

(4) Space combat is on rails. Not that they could easily do this anyway, but changing space combat/travel so it was NOT on rails, and you could interact and fight with other players would attract a whole new group of people.

(5) The dialogue on the instances. I know that, for many of you, this is possibly the BEST thing about the game. But playing The Esseles for the 8th time, and running it with someone who has never run it before and wants to see all of the dialogue is torturous. I have suggested this (in the black hole of Suggestion Box), BUT... they really ought to remove cutscenes from one server's instances for a month, and watch how much of a bump they would get in instance runs per player. Of course, now that they have maybe 6 servers TOTAL my suggestion is not as doable, I realize. Oh well.

Anyway, if you are still having fun in SWTOR, I wish you the best...

I guess my #1 reason is: I Beat The Game.

And I'll explain what I mean by that.

I've been playing MMO's since the 80's and the old MUD days on BBS systems.

I"ve played the very first graphical MMO, and more or less all of them since.

I'm an MMOer. It's my thing. It's what I do.

And I do it a lot.

And MMO's have some wonderful traits to them in so much as A) you are generally up against humans, and not a computer that I can keep reloading a saved game until I win, and B) it never ends.

And I can honestly say, after seemingly countless MMOs. That SWTOR has neither of those facets.

First, I'm rarely "up against humans". Sure, there's warzones. But that's pretty much it. World PvP? Okay, it's pretty unanimous that this doesn't exists.

But I don't even feel like I'm competing against my faction. We're all so locked into our own little single player game with no deviation of choice or outcome that I don't even really feel like my fellow faction players have any impact on me, or any influence.

It's not like there's a big contest for World Bosses, there's no intra-faction conflict for resources.

There's other people in the game, but the truth is, they're irrelevant. Other people's presence in SWTOR doesn't impact you at all. Regardless of which side they're on.

As for beating the game. I have. It's done. First MMO in history I really feel like I've beaten.

Not only is leveling WAY too fast in general, but once you're done with a planet, you're completely done with that planet.

And some things you may wanna go back to just to RP or chill... you can't.

Lets ya the IA quest line, and the Tenebrous.

It's a cool ship, with a unique piece of the IA story, but complete the dialog inside, and leave. NOw try to return. ry to walk around the NPC's and just chill.

Can't do it. Big red gate up, can't even enter it.

That's right, once you do something, it's done for that character forever.

The game removes entire sections of realestate from you with it's red gates, and that character is locked off from it.

Once I defeat a cave, why can't I go back to that cave again and see an empty cave?

You may ask "why would you?" And truthfully, I probably wouldn't, but it's absurd that I can't.

It's just more linear "you're done with that forever, move on" game design.

But there's a point where you can't "move on".

Roll a new character.

Okay, I did. 4 of them. 4 lvl 50's.

Oh sure there's more characters, but I've seen damn near every quest in the game, I've defeated all the end game bosses.

And not because I'm supre godly player in some world first guild.

Nope. I did all that PuG'ing for gods sake.

I look at the game now (I unsubscribed today), and just go "I defeated an MMO? Geeze..... how lame are *those* developers to even let that happen?"

My sub is up in a few hours so I am gonna post this now or never get to haha. I honestly hate this game cause the end game is ****. Seriously, you hit a brick wall hard with it and just wow. No content, or what little there is can be burnt through very quickly and then you sit there and think, what now. This added with the fact that the last 2 patches should have been in the game with launch. I also started playing with some old school SWG friends and it seems over the years they have changed, for the worse, and cant stand the sight of them and the drama that follows. The final nail really came with the F2P announcement. By saying that, you have now ensured that I will never pump another cent into this single player cluster **** of an MMO. Whats the point?? If it does go f2p I may come back but there are A LOT of changes needed.

PvP is a joke in this game, the CC is fun but just annoying with all the pulls/pushes. Another thing is that they are taking recycled **** from the beta, like this new robot that everyone is getting, and acting like its something new they have had in the works for some time. You know this game is bad when no gaming site will buy your account, seriously. I had sooooo much hope and hype for this game and not a day passes that I dont wish I could go back and stop myself from making this purchase.

For the longest time I shunned WoW, but in all honesty I miss it and its panda express for me it seems. Oh ya before I forget, server transfers didnt fix **** honestly. Now you have a bunch of people spamming trade but still cant find a group. For the people who are banking everything in that LFG finder, dont. You still are gonna have the same problems with every dps queing up and a few tanks and heals. All the LFG tool is gonna do is take out the spam in general, making more room for trolls. Now keep in mind these are the people ON YOUR SERVER so if you have ****** heals and tanks guess what, YOU have to PLAY WITH THEM no matter what with this system. At least with cross server it throws up the randomness you wont keep a group of complete idiots. Dont think I am right?? Give a few weeks, people will start grouping with guilds so they don't have to be with the baddies. That makes me think of one final thing, HOW can someone be bad in this game? I have never played an easier mmo as far as mechanics go and yet you still have people standing in fire or running around not knowing what to do.

Edited by Aegik

Does anyone else see the irony in I Quit threads being not allowed but this is and the CSR's even extend it :D

That because they know the whole forum would be I quits, they know they game sucks and are trying to do as much dmg control on this forum as they can.