Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper

I resubbed 53 days ago. What a waste of money, seeing how I played for all of 5 days, only to see the reasons why I left the first time are still glaring flaws. My time will expire in about 7 days. Permanently this time.

What a let down in so many areas.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I resubbed 53 days ago. What a waste of money, seeing how I played for all of 5 days, only to see the reasons why I left the first time are still glaring flaws. My time will expire in about 7 days. Permanently this time.

What a let down in so many areas.

Why don't you give us some specifics instead of being vague?

This isn't going to be an easy explanation, because honestly I can't pinpoint any one issue that caused me to un-sub. A combination of RL and Diablo III (which I've already stopped bothering with) kept me away from the game long enough to get that "Companion misses you" email. Well, that made me pause for a moment when I realized that I didn't miss them at all. I had taken two toons (Inquis & Agent) up to 50 and was working on a Trooper. Just didn't care. Maybe it was traversing the same general content, or the lack of grouping with everyone (myself included) chasing those wonderful story lines.

My son was playing Tera and inviting me to join him, and I decided to give it a try. Not wanting to pay for more than one game at a time, I de-subbed SW and picked up Tera. Sure, better graphics and combat, but otherwise just another cookie-cutter Korean port of every MMO I ever played. More grouping opportunities, it seemed, but I really think it was more a case of need groups as opposed to not needing them so much in SW. Again, hard to say.

Perhaps it is simply that all MMO's are starting to look and feel alike - leaving no real staying power. Flit from one to another once the content gets drab? Perhaps. It's really not easy to put a finger on. Sure, SW had no real end game but for me it could have been running around for the third time on the same set of worlds. How does one fault the devs for limited content when the game is still young? Can't, really.

So what does make a great game for me? Better graphics (SW falls short here). Unique game play per class (SW again doesn't do this well, but Rift was terrible - Tera does seem to get this right more or less). Dynamic events (Zero for SW and not much for Tera - this is where Rift shined). An interactive combat system that takes aiming and such into account to where you can miss a moving foe or have to lead them (Tera ftw here). I've yet to see a game incorporate all of these attributes along with a great story (SW without question one of the best at the latter). Oh, and excellent grouping tools (SW didn't have this out the gate). So there - my (cough) "perfect game". Maybe they'll name it "Titan". (grin).

F2P - probably the number one reason I wouldn't consider returning to SW. Not a big fan of Pay To Win - personal preference.

Cheers all. Glad to see the server xfers finally happening.

Why did I unsub? Because I was on one of the two East PvP servers that did not get the transfer. I'm tired of waiting and I'm not going to re-roll. Heard it all before and not interested in doing it. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to level more, but with my Legacy unlocks. Bioware could have gave a legitimate reason as to why two servers were left out, not some copy/paste bs. This makes me feel like my $15 isn't as good as the other people. I will happily resub tonight if BW wants to give me a good, detailed explanation.

Once my 2 subs run out I'm done with this game. I'm tired of BW and tired of their heavy hand and lousy customer service. All they seem to do lately is curb the tide of hate by overmoderating these forums. If they spent 10% as much energy that they do in moderation into transfers, we would have been done with transfers and many people would be enjoying a MULTIPLAYER GAME. But instead, all they want to do lately is try to shut people up. Goodluck shutting them up when they are no logner paying your salary. Or when they posts outside these forums. All BW has done is garner more hate from their fanbase.

1) Not enough ppl to play with for a MMORPG. Shame!!!

2) No tool to facilitate end game. Its tiring to shout in fleet general chat to get a group going for a flashpoint and have it break up in 20 minutes looking for that last healer/tank. This is 2012... people are USED to having tool to form group together.

3) Crafting is down right stupid. Only one viable crafting profession. At least they can try to copy warcraft and have each profession create Raid level best in slot gear. But apparently they are too dumb to even do that. I mean I can get biochem to increase my main stat by 8-9% + some power 100% of the time or i can get a medicore epic in ONE slot of my gear that gives 20+ primary and 20+ endurance for my character... Did I mention biochem have reuseable potion AND their own separate adrenal?

4) Terrible endgame for casual player. Warcraft had factions to grind, not to say its fun but here you do the same set of quests everyday without purpose/carrot. There's a bit of difference between yay i'm exaulted with so and so faction vs i have 200 daily commendation...

5) PvP and PvE gear imbalance... its fair easier to get pvp gear than pve. It may take longer to get pvp gear but you will get it eventually where as pve is a oh the boss didn't drop anything i can use yet again or i got out rolled by same class ppl in group. Flash point is too stingy with loot where as raid is like handing them out like candy.

Meh, I sure there will be hard core fan that'll stay but not me.

I was actually really excited for this game when it came out, and i last for a good 5 months.

1) Crafting - The crafting system in this game is horrible. What is the point in crafting if anyone can do it with little to no effort? Pretty much undermines any valuable of the items people can make.

2) Economy - The Economy in this game felt very non existent. Pretty much leveling up from 1-50 all my gear was just handed to me without any effort on my part. I never felt a real need to use the Auction House, and every time i looked it was hard to even find anything worthwhile or even want to sell items on it.

3) PvP/Factions - Open world PvP in this game felt seriously lacking. On my way leveling up from 1-50 i ran into maybe 5 different players from the opposite factions. Which to me really isn't fun. Also the way the factions were handled felt awkward to me. I think it would have been better to not have direct factions and let people choose how they play and which side they wanted to lean towards.

4) Warzones/illum - Only having three warzones on release seems kind of lazy. Especially when that is where they were expecting 80% of the PvP to happen. Sure it was fine for the first couple of months, but after that they just seemed boring seeing the same place over and over again.

4.a) Illum - Illum was a huge laggy mess. If you expect your player base to amass in one location and battle it out please make sure the gaming engine can handle it.

5) Instances - It was neat having our own story, but the fact that the game felt to much like a single player game for being an MMO. Honestly i could have been fine just buying this game as an RPG and playing by myself and still would have felt like my experience was 70-80% of what it was playing it as an MMO.

6)The Fleet - Seems like a lame place for the majority of endgame to sit. I think it would have been better to have a joint world for both factions to sit on end game. Illum did have promise.

7) EA - Seems like everything EA touches get worse.

8) WoW - To many WoW mechanics in this game to try and pull some of the WoW population over.

I'm qutting cus they ****ed up server transfers so bad. How is it that a west coast player HAS to transfer to a east coast server and deal with 200+ ping? What are the reasons behind this.

I have NEVER posted in forums about anything untill now. My old server Ajunta Pall had 90-110 ppl on Pub Fleet and we HAVE to move to Jung Ma where first day was 200 people then fizzled down to 70-90..

GREAT REASONING!

/rant

The server transfer is the reason why I’m leaving.

1.) Killed my current server population and its economy.

2.) All my characters names are taken on the server I’m forced to go to. I don’t mind renaming one or two but my whole list isn’t going to happen.

3.) I can’t choose the server I want.

I am about to cancel my subscription, but not yet. Why am I waiting? To see what they do with the last week of transfers.

1. I was one of the TWO pvp-east servers they left un-transfer'd for the weekend, Belgoth's Beacon. The whole way they did the entire transferring boggled my mind. They consolidated 80% of all servers to Po5 and Fatman and left two others... two servers who were lowest population out of all of them, their excuse "we're monitoring what happens." Yeah right, they SENT THEIR EMPLOYEES HOME UN-FINISHED. Good business strategy there BW....

2. Not only did they not say anything more about the situations (good PR too /faceplam) BUT Fatman and Po5 are now very heavy populations with wait-times, which tells me they've screwed up or they would have already transfer'd the last two servers, maybe 200 people. If their original destination servers are now full, what does that mean? I means (if they do this, this will make me un-sub) THEY WILL CONSOLIDATE BB AND DARTH MALAK INTO A "LEFT-OVER" SERVER. We will get the **** end of players and guilds, and have no where near the population as the other servers. Fleet will still be dead, pvp will still take hours, and nothing will be fixed as they said it would.

3. I am going to loose ALL OF MY NAMES. All eight. I checked on Po5 and Fatman, only 1 was available on Fatman.

4. I was a beta-tester for close to a year. I bought Digital Deluxe edition. Signed up about six of my friends before the game came out. Played the game since early release and day 1. Yet through all of my dedication all they have given me was one extra free *********** month but given several "slaps in the face."

5. Their customer service is awful. It's one thing to working to better the game, but they have ignored customer feedback about the game and have promised alot and given very little since the beginning.

Those are the reasons I am holding out for one week. If they do jip the last two pvp- east servers that is the last straw. I had high hopes for the game but BW has made awful decisions over and over. I hope they get their **** fixed or I and most of my guild will quit, another lost ten subscriptions... I did want this game to succeed :(

I'd make a joke about how this game is a comparable disappointment to episodes 1-3 but I feel there has been alot of that already.

"I'd make a joke about how this game is a comparable disappointment to episodes 1-3 but I feel there has been alot of that already."

Dude that is harsh. But I feel the exact same way. They officially broke my game. I sat for 12 hours with no pvp que today. I was the only person on fleet for two hours. The highest our server got to was 76, then dropped to 50, then 20, that's when I said screw it.

Thank you ! You made the best Single player MMO ever.

Everyone needs to start taking screen shots of low populations and posting them on different sites. Give them more bad press, maybe they will catch on in six or seven months.

Edited by NadiusMaximus

Sub is running out today.

My reasons for leaving are the following (in no particular order):

1. Unresponsive, disconnected combat. Combat mechanics are primitive, narrow and shallow.
    Ability delays and misfires.
  2. Tab and mouse targeting is unreliable and difficult.
  3. Repeatability of content is very low. As soon as you got all gears from FP (or Operation) there is no reason to do it again.
  4. Travel is very tedious. Too many loading screens. Loading on the planets takes excessively long time.
  5. Gear inflation and gear grind.
    Gear itemization is awful: +X stat on Columi +Y stat on Rakata and +Z stat on BH. W. T. F?

It still boggles my mind, how was it possible to so grossly under-deliver while having such huge budget, huge development team and 5 years of development time.

I hope to read about it one day.

Edited by LexiCazam
Inappropriate content

In your post you express confusion at other people, in having thoughts and feelings that differ from yours. So you start a poll to make it seem legitimate, ok let me play.

What are your top 5 reasons why you left the game? Why do you stick around?

1. I liked KOTOR's story and enjoyed my SWTOR character right up until my character stopped having fun at level 50.

2. My entire guild left, for many of the reasons why the other million people left.

3. My server has been slated for transfer, no one was left on it.

4. When I took the transfer I lost some of my good names, I am one of the long time and loyal supporters, helped with the beta, bought the CE, signed up the day the old website opened. Why the hell should I have to change.

5. The only response or acknowledgment I got was warnings from moderators, not a (we will do what we can) or (we value your support and money) nope, I got more disrespect.

And to answer the why do we stick around part, I paid for 6 months on the first day. So as much as I love Star Wars and Bioware games, I am angry and my loyalty is now contempt.

I payed for the right to politely protest my treatment, I have never asked for much here and did not deserve to be trivialized or silenced.

Overall, your game is mediocre. It's neato because it's Star Wars. The cut-scenes are cool, especially the first time through. But game-play itself is just post-WoW, ez-moder MMO.

I enjoyed your crafting and gear customization system UNTIL you get to level 50, and then it's all WORTHLESS.

The worst thing about this game, and the real deal-breaker is...

EXPERTISE

Just because WoW does something doesn't mean you should. Just because they could not think of a better way to balance raid vs. pvp rewards, doesn't mean that you should not try.

Everything is cookie cutter after lvl 50.

Before that, I could do custom builds of my stats with your gear system. It was great. But can I test my build against other players? NOPE. Because they have the magic "I'm automatically better than you at PvP" stat, my build means nothing.

If you don't get the ONE SET of gear with the Expertise on it, then you automatically suck at PvP, even if you DON'T actually suck at PvP.

It's the dumbest thing any game ever did.

Complete lack of open-world PvP (aka "real pvp" to us non-carebear, non-WoW-kiddies) was a crushing disappointment. YOU created that by giving huge rewards for grinding your ezmode Warzone treadmill, and giving nothing for open-world PvP.

The support ticket system is awful and that's putting it politely they treat you like you are stupid not even addressing the issue in most responses whether its a email or in game ticket.

For most they loved the transfers but for some they killed our server with the only option being go to the East data center with no other option. Then they are most likely going to charge you to transfer if you don't go where they want. Submit a ticket to get help? Good *********** lucky you get the BS bot or corky that responds.

The communication between players and dev/management is a joke like the Q&A session where they are lobbed softballs not even addressing any real issues. Most of my reason are not do to the game itself but the piss poor management and communication.

Like a lot of people been here through some betas and EGA day 1 and I really didn't want to unsub but they made the game unplayable for my 50 unless I move to an EST server from PST with no response to the concern.

Edited by Avicii

The we don't care customer service approach.

The inability of bioware to communicate openly and honestly with its customer base.

The inability of bioware to make decisions the consider player needs and concerns.

The lack of urgency on the part of bioware to provide all players with a positive game experience.

Wall of Text

I played Aion, in which you increased your rank by killing people in world PVP, and if you died it decreased.

Guess what happened? The high level rank ones never moved from towns, or moved with a 24 members raid. It was just a zerg vs zerg game and there were kill tradings everywhere.

I played Aion, in which you increased your rank by killing people in world PVP, and if you died it decreased.

Guess what happened? The high level rank ones never moved from towns, or moved with a 24 members raid. It was just a zerg vs zerg game and there were kill tradings everywhere.

I quit Aion because they did nothing to stop botters and cheaters. There were other things I didn't like about it too.

BUT

At least there was a sense of danger when you went out into the world that the bad guys might show up and you would have a REAL fight on your hand. This added excitement is what makes PvE much more exciting.

I rolled on a PvP server in SWTOR and I got ganked once by a level 50 on Tattooine. That was it. With the exception of some planned events people staged (how carebear can you get?), I never even saw any open-world fights.

There are dozens of specific things, most of which have been said, so I'll go with something pretty basic: every feature in the game is done better in GW2, with the exception of character stories (most of which are mediocre at best). It has a better engine and movement, a better sense of exploration and a living world, more innovative combat and class design...the list goes on. And I'm not saying GW2 is perfect by any stretch, but even after dumping a few hours in the beta it clear their design goals were so much more ambitious and interesting than doing things "just because WoW did them."

Frankly, if someone is sick of WoW but likes the basic game layout, Rift is a better alternative than SWTOR. The developers are much more responsive (8 significant content patches in a year, with a 9th on the horizon), the soul system is more interesting than the no-dual-spec talent setup we have here, and many other things. It's probably made a bigger profit, too, since they had less than 1/4 the budget.

At least there was a sense of danger when you went out into the world that the bad guys might show up and you would have a REAL fight on your hand.

I must admit that it's true, the adrenaline that World PVP gives you is unmatched.

But with all the negativity I have seen in this forum, I have been influenced: I'm not against world pvp (In fact I would be happy if they implemented it), but with all the people cursing Arenas for no reasons, I was upset and I attacked world pvp.

Overall, your game is mediocre. It's neato because it's Star Wars. The cut-scenes are cool, especially the first time through. But game-play itself is just post-WoW, ez-moder MMO.

I enjoyed your crafting and gear customization system UNTIL you get to level 50, and then it's all WORTHLESS.

The worst thing about this game, and the real deal-breaker is...

EXPERTISE

Just because WoW does something doesn't mean you should. Just because they could not think of a better way to balance raid vs. pvp rewards, doesn't mean that you should not try.

Everything is cookie cutter after lvl 50.

Before that, I could do custom builds of my stats with your gear system. It was great. But can I test my build against other players? NOPE. Because they have the magic "I'm automatically better than you at PvP" stat, my build means nothing.

If you don't get the ONE SET of gear with the Expertise on it, then you automatically suck at PvP, even if you DON'T actually suck at PvP.

It's the dumbest thing any game ever did.

Complete lack of open-world PvP (aka "real pvp" to us non-carebear, non-WoW-kiddies) was a crushing disappointment. YOU created that by giving huge rewards for grinding your ezmode Warzone treadmill, and giving nothing for open-world PvP.

Good post. I agree with your points. Tho I donot PVP and think there should be none on PVE servers, but on PVP servers, it should be wide open PVP and should be encouraged by the developers in the design of the game on those servers. There seems to allways be major issues when they try to mix PVE and PVP on the same servers. Keeping them apart would do away with any need to have a PVP stat. Your points about crafting in TOR is spot on. It is lackluster at level 50. Even WoW's crafting is better and thier's sucks. :p

Good post. I agree with your points. Tho I donot PVP and think there should be none on PVE servers, but on PVP servers, it should be wide open PVP and should be encouraged by the developers in the design of the game on those servers. There seems to allways be major issues when they try to mix PVE and PVP on the same servers. Keeping them apart would do away with any need to have a PVP stat. Your points about crafting in TOR is spot on. It is lackluster at level 50. Even WoW's crafting is better and thier's sucks. :p

Yes please.Cause if you like to do quests but also like to do small scale PvP you should be forced to play on a PvP server.

More ideas like these and in a year from now you won't need the number 10 to count the servers.

Yes please.Cause if you like to do quests but also like to do small scale PvP you should be forced to play on a PvP server.

More ideas like these and in a year from now you won't need the number 10 to count the servers.

Sorry but your only allowed to enjoy one portion of the game.We will break you of trying to enjoy different aspects of the game!:mad: Oh wait I enjoy both too.:eek:Well except Huttball.:(:(:(