Unsubscriber's Thread: Tell us a few things

Sandtrooper

Leaving becasue of lack of content plain and simple. Just not enought END GAME content to warrant me paying a sub. Going back to wow where i shoulda stayed. MOP is loaded with new content that looks amazing. And just like wow has always done they are again adding new things to end game mmo's that nobody has done and i guarantee u will be bitten by future mmo's. Talk all the **** aobut wow all u want but the blizz has the game going for 8 yrs strong without going f2p

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the forums come alive like this and all the different sides argue over games future to this intensity .Is the time when you know somethings truely wrong . Past games that have bled subscriptions this bad all had far to many post as a result of pissed off people feeling jipped . This video sums it up pretty good.

As I see it ,the movement of gamers is growing that will be far more carefull before the money comes out from now on in. The free to play model will flourish but will anyone pay money . The mass of gamers are tired of the unfinished poor designs of broken promises. The escuse of its like it has never been done before build from scratch Then get the consumer to pay for it several months until they finally get it figured out if at all.

I'm pretty sure nobody who left swtor came back..

Owhh how you are wrong, they might have left but they did returned after 1-2 weeks for new content and stayed for 1 month. At least some of those that i knew.

Then ... they left again.

The thing is todays MMO community is all about jumping forward and backwards on released games.

In 1 month is WoW's Kung Fu panda, so, we will have a lot of people going there, after 2-3 months GW2 will pop up so.... they will go running to that one, than they will grow tired of it and will return here cause new content will be coming.

MMO's community is just a bunch of jumping whinners going from 1 place to another, bleh, who cares really.

I said this once and i will say it again, i dnt care a rat's *** if SWTOR has 100k subs left and only 2 world wide servers. If i am having fun, it's what it matters and for now im loving this game since release and i aint seeing nothing innovative or better in the current present or in the near future (GW2, WoW kung fu panda), SWTOR does need some stuff still but it will come soon.

But tastes are tastes, and there are a lot of other games outthere, feel free to try them all and spare us your ramblings.

Edited by Kophar

HUmm top 5 reasons

PVP, just sucks. WoW arena teams now with 4 WoW Warzones. No open pvp in terms of massive battles or stuff to take over, hell you cant even fly into the main city and take it over.

Healing nerf 1.2: Took 2 out of the 3 healing classes and killed them. I love to see high numbers of self healing. Its good times.

FP's lol easy mode. Thats all I have to say about that

Trade network was horrible, patched and is still garbage

Guilds, pretty much just a group of people running around with a tag on. No insignia or color scheme nothing.

CC and reslove, so broken that words cant begin to decribe the mess

Content on rails, I love going down my straight track of Vocied over kill quests. WoW with voice over how cute

No content, everything that was release was already created, it just never got into the game because EA forced the game to come out

Still getting GCD cool downs without skills firing, game was made for clickers.

I tank class being able to take healers out sometimes with the healers only getting two heals off. Jump to, force push, force choke, interupt lala la

So whats good about this game? Well nothing its boring and one of the worst MMO's to come out ever. Hell at least in Warhammer you could go around to all the open pvp places and fight to your hearts content

HUmm top 5 reasons

PVP, just sucks. WoW arena teams now with 4 WoW Warzones. No open pvp in terms of massive battles or stuff to take over, hell you cant even fly into the main city and take it over.

Healing nerf 1.2: Took 2 out of the 3 healing classes and killed them. I love to see high numbers of self healing. Its good times.

FP's lol easy mode. Thats all I have to say about that

Trade network was horrible, patched and is still garbage

Guilds, pretty much just a group of people running around with a tag on. No insignia or color scheme nothing.

CC and reslove, so broken that words cant begin to decribe the mess

Content on rails, I love going down my straight track of Vocied over kill quests. WoW with voice over how cute

No content, everything that was release was already created, it just never got into the game because EA forced the game to come out

Still getting GCD cool downs without skills firing, game was made for clickers.

I tank class being able to take healers out sometimes with the healers only getting two heals off. Jump to, force push, force choke, interupt lala la

So whats good about this game? Well nothing its boring and one of the worst MMO's to come out ever. Hell at least in Warhammer you could go around to all the open pvp places and fight to your hearts content

Your lucky they even added PVP, its a PVE centered game, Centered around the story, PVP is just an afterthought

Well, I stick around only until the rest of my subscription runs out. I pop in here sometimes just to read/vent a tiny bit, and think about what could have been.

Top 5... Well here's 1 through 4: That 500 planets by 2025 with a story telling adventure up to par with Bioware's past releases, clearly is not the track that ToR is heading into.

5: That EA/BW appears to believe that the monthly cost is the reason for subscriber retention issues.

Wedbush currently has a 12-month price target of $29 and a rating of “Outperform” for EA. The market is reacting positively to EA’s fiscal news, which involved making Star Wars: The Old Republic free. EA’s stock closed up almost six percent at $11.68.

Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter:

“We believe the free-to-play option and lower retail price will combine to significantly increase the number of Star Wars players by the end of the year as the two largest barriers to entry for potential Star Wars gamers (apart from an appreciation for the franchise and PC gaming) have been significantly reduced or eliminated. We expect the network effect to augment the number of gamers further. In the long-term, we believe the adjustments will result in incremental revenue and earnings growth as high-margin Cartel Coin purchases by a much larger pool of gamers and additional advertising generate more revenue than was lost through declining subscription fees and the lower MSRP.”

Ultimately, Pachter believes that Star Wars now has the potential to “attract at least 10 million Monthly Active Users indefinitely, with upside to perhaps 50 million.” He added, “Thus, we believe that contribution from the model shift could be significant for years to come.”

Read it and shut up with all the trash talk bout SWTOR.

Edited by Kophar

I just unsubbed for the following reasons which I did put in the comment section when you go to unsub.

1. The stringent character transfer system. I wanted to consolidate my characters once transfers came out but I'm not able to and it's pretty dumb if you ask me. My very first character I created and got to max level was on a PVE server. I quit that server because it was dead and re-rolled on a RPPVE server that ended up getting transferred to Ebon Hawk. I want to bring my characters from my old PVE server (Juyo) to Ebon Hawk but the only place I can move them is Canderous Ordo. I really like Ebon Hawk and I want all my characters there. They really screwed the pooch on opening up too many servers then taking too long to consolidate/transfer them, then made the transfer options too strict.

2. Lack of world PVP scenarios. Yes I rolled on PVE servers but I love big PVP battlegrounds. Ilum turned out to be a massive Charlie Foxtrot and there doesn't seem to be anything coming down the pipe.

3. Lack of game world music. I love Star Wars music big time. I was so pumped when they had the Friday update just talking about the music. After leveling several classes to 50 and hearing my speeder more then the game world music that is a big problem.

4. Lack of things to do at max level. Not everyone wants to run dungeons, raid or dailies at max level. There needs to be something to do other then the basic game. I hate to say it but WoW does a great job of having events and giving people something to do other then dailies and gear grinding at max level.

5. The announcement of F2P. Whenever I look at a MMO that comes out P2P and switches to F2P in under a year it sets off a lot of red flags that the ship is sinking and sinking fast. It seems like it's a last ditch effort to try and cash in on as much as they can before they shut the game down.

This is all coming from a massive SW fan, an owner of almost every BW game, a CE owner who followed the game before it had a website and had good hopes for the game. When the release date of this game was announced last year I immediately cancelled my WoW sub because I was going to play this game and not think twice about WoW. I have been extremely disappointed with the way things turned out. If the game gets better and entertains me then I will not have a problem re-subbing but right now it doesn't so I bid my adieu

Wedbush currently has a 12-month price target of $29 and a rating of “Outperform” for EA. The market is reacting positively to EA’s fiscal news, which involved making Star Wars: The Old Republic free. EA’s stock closed up almost six percent at $11.68.

“We believe the free-to-play option and lower retail price will combine to significantly increase the number of Star Wars players by the end of the year as the two largest barriers to entry for potential Star Wars gamers (apart from an appreciation for the franchise and PC gaming) have been significantly reduced or eliminated. We expect the network effect to augment the number of gamers further. In the long-term, we believe the adjustments will result in incremental revenue and earnings growth as high-margin Cartel Coin purchases by a much larger pool of gamers and additional advertising generate more revenue than was lost through declining subscription fees and the lower MSRP.”

Ultimately, Pachter believes that Star Wars now has the potential to “attract at least 10 million Monthly Active Users indefinitely, with upside to perhaps 50 million.” He added, “Thus, we believe that contribution from the model shift could be significant for years to come.”

Yeah, 50 million with F2P! No way will people will question your intelligence and sanity with him on your side!

Anybody who believes anything Pachter says has never seen his predictions before, the guy is beyond clueless.

My reasons for unsubbing:

1) PVP is boring/lacking/gear grind/more frustrating than fun at 50 (yay CCfest)

2) Leveling is too damn linear, I can't bring myself to do the world quests again just to level an alt, anything outside the class storyline is repetitious beyond belief

3) Not a single innovative thing. We've seen it all before.

4) Lack of updates. So much for the monthly updates we said we would be getting.

5) End game is awful. Three operations, what the hell? Even as far back as EQ2, there were a ton of raids to do at end game within 6 months of launch.

6) Crafting/Gathering is beyond awful. I can see how some folks might not like the traditional way of doing it, but holy crap is this implementation boring and sterile. At least in games like SWG and Aion I could feel some sense of pride in what I created, here there isn't that feeling.

7) Overly instanced. If I wanted to play a single player or small group game, I would. It doesn't FEEL like a MMO.

8) Sterile worlds. All the mobs are just standing around waiting to die, the worlds have no depth.

9) Lack of exploration. The channeled feeling of the worlds and the restrictions placed on the characters just sucks. It lacks the epic feeling of expanses and danger, it is just funneling you from one quest hub to the next.

Edited by Scritchy

My quitting comes down to SWTOR going to F2P. My guild left WoW to come here and we expected to play here for years and years. We played WoW for many years after we left SWG when they did the NGE.

So my entire guild is going back to WoW. I am basically leveling alts right now because MOP is coming up and I know the gear I have on my 85's will be replaced by greens. HA!

Back to why I am quitting SWTOR. I will NEVER play any F2P game.

That is the reason. We had fun. We enjoyed many aspects of the game. Sure, there were things we would have liked to have fixed but we figured this is a new game and it is just coming into its own.

We had an anonymous vote in the guild to see if we would stay or leave.

If we voted to leave what game would we go to.

The vote was 100% to leave - mostly due to F2P.

If WoW ever goes F2P then we are gone there too.

Your lucky they even added PVP, its a PVE centered game, Centered around the story, PVP is just an afterthought

LOL really? I guess you never beta tested or followed what Bio/EA had to say about the game. They stated over and over that there will be massive pvp battles, the war between light and dark will rage. I guess you never watched any trailers, they seemed to focus alot on battles BECAUSE THATS WHAT STAR WARS WAS ABOUT. I guess you were a fan of KOTOR because your thinking of what this game is compared to what it's supposed to be is very very far off

1. Game is way, way too easy.

2. No immersion: Everything is streamlined. Quests show you exactly where to go. Maps are too linear. Too much instancing. Most NPCs/creatures just stand still. Not enough star wars music. All spaceports look the same. Too much fast travel. Could go on all day about this one.

3. PVP: I dont like expertise. Gear gap is too big. Open world PVP is bad. Too many stuns. Not too impressed with PVP match types.

4. Game design: Terrible and ugly character customization. Most armor looks like a jump suit. Terrible map layouts. I personally like a more 'realistic' type of game, for example, I think most classes have too many 'super' powers. I don't like seeing force lightning at level 2. I think flamethrowers and and rockets should be actual pieces of equipment with large cooldowns or actual ammunition. Stuff like that.

5. Server population and the way they've handled it: They merged servers way too late. I played on a server that had about 12 people on the fleet most of the time. It had 2 people on it when I unsubbed the first time.

I came back at mergers, and the two servers I played on both merged to the same new one. I didnt have enough character slots to bring all my guys over, and also couldnt create a new character.

I stick around because it's star wars and im a huge star wars nerd. If this game wasn't star wars themed I wouldnt be here and wouldnt have bought the game in the first place.

I have 12 days left of playtime in SWTOR. My husband hasn`t decided if he`ll cancel his account or wait it out to see if the F2P model will work. He`s a die hard Star Wars fan.

Personally I had high hopes for this game and at the start I had a great experience! This was the game, and I qoute, to be a WoW killer.

At first leveling characters with my husband was a joy! Reaching level 50 and then gearing up for operations was enjoyable. The operations were entertaining even if at the start they were rather buggy. Also we were in a great guild that was socially active. Then the issues....

1. Lack of Content Patches: Tired... oh so tired of leveling alts.... I would have loved to see more content patches... This game needed more endgame content. Leveling a myraid of alts ins`t enjoyable after awhile.

2. Lack of Communication on Forums: I`ve played multiple MMO`s (I wont name them seeing as how there are flamers in this thread) and this game by far has the worst communication between devs and players via the forum. The Consumerist even labeled EA as the worst gaming company in America and for this reason alone I can`t blame them.

3. Lack of Sandbox Elements: Raiding, PVP, Dailies, and level a new alt. That's it? What about more holiday themed events? What about player housing? Why can`t I customize my ship? How about Day to Night cycles? oh... and I can`t swim? Seriously? These elements would have made the gaming environment richer for me. For a game that according to Forbes is the most expensive game EVER made, where are these extra elements? For an approximate $400 million dollar price tag it's seriously lacking in the bells and whistles category.

4. This game is Linear: I want to explore an open world. At first I didn`t mind it on my first toon but then after leveling my third alt I was like...dejavu? Give me multiple paths for exploring / questing in a zone.

5. F2P model: ok... so the game lost so many subscribers that EA / Bioware has to change their model. That`s fine, but free to play? I`m sorry, but I've tried F2P games and I`ve never cared for them. Some players in the Free to Play gaming realm are real jerks or just plain gold farmers who ruin the game experience. I can`t say the game economy will bode well from this change but maybe there will be restrictions put in place. Who knows?

What also has me concerned is when major organizations like Forbes and the Consumerist are writing articles about how bad this company (EA) where is the good publicity? Where is EA saying HEY we see we need to improve and here`s our plan of action! Acting like an ostrich with your head in the sand seems to be their strategy.

Oh and for you flamers out there. Its true I had higher expectations than some for this game but you know what? In life if you lower your expectations too much you get nothing but mediocrity. Who wants mediocrity when the possiblities for awesomeness are within arms reach if only effort to excell at what you do was put forth by a company? Making a profit with the minimal amount of work required to appease a base amount of players to keep financially afloat = mediocrity.

Well I'm out.

My reasons are manifold but mainly this. I do not know how much TOR cost BW and EA to make but I have read an awful lot of speculations. I can also perfom basic mathematic functions regarding Sales and Subs.

At this point, I DO NOT NOT BELIEVE that EA or BW via SWTOR are setting a target of "profit". I believe at this point they are now looking at recovering to the baseline they spent on the game to BREAK EVEN. I have seen no-one discuss this as yet. Lots of "OMG EA want the money" posts, just none that seem understand quite why.

It's my belief that this "requirement that breakeven be achieved" is the driving factor behind the move to F2P. This is not the "deal" I envisioned having with BW when I subbed. It's this "target of breakeven" that leads me to believe that anything and everything that can and may be sold in the game, will be, regardless of how long it has taken subbers to aquire the same or indeed how such items may break gameplay to non-spenders, including those who don't spend extra whilst subbing. I don't trust them anymore.

I've done my time around alot of games over the years. I've seen alot of stuff. I've seen staunch defenders of BW and the F2P plan and right now I kinda want to sound like Morgan Freeman in that fabulous scene with the would be blackmailer in "The Dark Knight"

"You believe a company with Stockholders, being many millions of $'s in the hole on a project, with a history of nickle and diming customers, with direct competitors doing the self-same thing and who recently stated about when and when-not you the gamer are price sensitive, won't P2W and nickle and dime you to recover break even point? OK. Good luck with that...."

Seriously I loved the game, I had a tonne of fun since Christmas Day. I also swear I will never, ever purchase another EA or BW game again. 7 months lol? I want my money back.

To those staying, I hope you have an absolute blast, it was fun while it lasted,

MTFBWYA

Edited by AmblinAlong

Meh... I left back in early March because I was bored and then came back recently because I was more bored. Now I'm leaving again because I'v found something else less boring.

The game is just too linear and too short. BioWare kept saying they were adding story as a fourth pillar and instead it plays like they stole marble from the other three to make it.

I don't hate this game. I feel more sorry for it than anything else. It had so much potential but BioWare just didn't "get it." Of course some people like what BioWare made. It takes all kinds to make a world.

Of course it comes as no surprise, given this game's design, that no where near enough, like it enough, to pay to play it. Hopefully we'll get another great MMORPG someday but TOR certainly wasn't it.

I am leaving because of F2P. The only way a free/sub hybrid with microtransactions works is if they go the route of STO and sell game-changing items in the cash shop.

F2P players in STO HAVE to buy ships, since they can't afford them any other way. The ships they buy are the +1 variants of the ships that subscribers can buy, so in order to compete, the subscribers ALSO have to buy the +1 ships or fight at a disadvantage.

The only way it works is if they keep churning out stuff that people want/have to buy from the cash shop. The only reason most people will buy stuff is if they NEED it. The way to make them NEED it is to make it game-changing.

1) Most of my Guild quit playing, minus about 3 of us

2) The Story lines are interesting but I can only take doing the same planet quest over and over for so long

3) Legacy was a cool concept but it just turned into a money sink and the inheritance gear was pretty much useless.

4) 1.3 was too little too late for myself and the few people left I played with and should have been features that were there at launch - not 3 patches in.

5) F2P has me worried a little bit because of my past history playing F2P games

The main reason though is the people I play with quitting; grinding dailies, hardmodes (that most people speed through anyway), and q'ing solo pvp will only keep one interested for so long. I really enjoyed this game and still do but I think I'll take a break till 1.4 comes out and see what that brings to the table.

Well I haven't unsubbed yet because I still want to play out a few of the storylines, but it's been like 3 months since I really put any significant amount of time into the game. I'm just waiting for a day when I'm really, really, really bored that I might finish some class stories.

Since all the shortcomings of the game have already been discussed I will only post a few sentences about what bothers me the most.

The atmosphere - this does not feel like Star Wars.

Player models look bad - there is no middle choice between very skinny/slim/The Hulk/Fatso

Not enough face customization.

The long load times of the hero engine.

Travelling takes way too long.

Only 3 skill trees and no viable hybrid builds per class.

Endgame armor looks horrible.

Crafting feels cheap and you cannot be a pure crafter since so many recipes require raiding.

Ops feel bland, take too long and have no interesting mechanics.

FPs take way too long and feel like dungeons from 2004 WoW.

PVP is unbalanced and some classes are not viable in pvp.

No dual spec.

Not enough loot variation in FPs and OPs.

No interesting races - pick red/green/blue humanoids.

After level 30 the grind starts to set in.

Some planets are terribly boring - see Voss, Taris and Alderaan.

Speeders are too slow.

Space combat is a silly railshooter - no one finds these missions fun once you have done them 5 times.

No variation in weapons - every class is bound to a single weapon type.

No meta game - no racing, smuggling, gambling, exploring - only thing to do is killing.

Gameplay is way too linear - no variation or choice where to go.

Choices or being light/dark hardly matters at all.

Quality of class stories varies way too much. Some are great, others are a snorefest.

No housing, not even a customizable interior of your starship

Everything feels way too instanced, absolutely no feel of an open, explorable world on planets.

Legacy has hardly any effect on my gameplay, does not encourage the rolling of alts enough

Warzones on planets feel silly, there is no sense of conflict when you can go everywhere like a tourist

Here are some games which got certain points right:

Atmosphere - Lord of the Rings Online

Crafting - Star Wars Galaxies

Skillsytem - The Secret World

Classes - Rift

Character customization - Aion

PvP - Guild Wars and GW2 (judging from beta)

Graphics - Age of Conan, Aion

Sound - Lord of the Rings (again)

Economy - EVE or SWG

Edited by HammersteinSW

[quote=HammersteinSW;4994963

Atmosphere - Lord of the Rings Online

Crafting - Star Wars Galaxies

Sound - Lord of the Rings (again)

Economy - EVE or SWG

Agree with these 3 - would also add the housing system of SWG.

It's the little things in other games that keep people busy when not raiding or in pvp. This game lacks something to do when you don't feel like doing what limited end-game content there is at this point... I'm not a RPer, but it was nice hanging out in spots where others were RPing. Gave a little extra immersion to the MMO. This game has no areas to RP and/or hang out and chat. General chat is a joke. It needs a cantina that has a reason to be there aside from logging out and getting the rest XP. Entertainer classes are sorely missed in TOR.

Agree with these 3 - would also add the housing system of SWG.

It's the little things in other games that keep people busy when not raiding or in pvp. This game lacks something to do when you don't feel like doing what limited end-game content there is at this point... I'm not a RPer, but it was nice hanging out in spots where others were RPing. Gave a little extra immersion to the MMO. This game has no areas to RP and/or hang out and chat. General chat is a joke. It needs a cantina that has a reason to be there aside from logging out and getting the rest XP. Entertainer classes are sorely missed in TOR.

Exactly. I haven't decided to unsub yet, but not being able to do Denova nor GF HM FPs with a pre-made group (my guild), I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LEFT to do in the game at the moment.

Whatever it was you *thought* you were fixing Bioware, be warned you just stepped on the toes of MANY people who are near "end-game" geared. Good luck having anyone around who knows what they are doing to help any new players you THOUGHT you were helping with today's "bug fixes".

They weren't broken....*HINT HINT*.....THEY WERE NOT BROKEN...until you tried to "fix" them that is. Helpful piece of advice for the future when addressing "reported bugs"...check if the reporter isn't guilded, or in a guild or 1-4 people...if so, please, for the love of all things holy, IGNORE THEM!!

Edited by DenitharPurloin