Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Hey all I know is the queue's are working out for me... 2 hours in queue got me 4 levels in Skyrim! I also had time to walk the dogs and throw spaghetti back at my 2 year old when she threw it at me. No complaints here... Oh and to all the MORE SERVER beggars... they have more... these servers are intentionally capped at lower than max numbers so when release comes out some of the servers will have experience on them already and be able to help lowbie/newbies not to mention this does make it to where there are more people for all of us early access players to play with... if no one will play with you maybe you should try soap I hear it helps... and come the 20th I know things will be better with the queue's so till my "free" month is up I can't complain.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They know exactly how many people are trying to use the game during early access but they don't know which server each one of those people are going to log on to.

lol. Right so that is why 22/27 servers on the west coast are full with one being down. That leaves only 5 servers people can access. When 81% of your servers are unaccessable you have a problem and this ISN'T a case of one zone having such issues. Europe and the east coast are ALL experienceing the same issues. This shows that the numbers they invited which THEY controlled is too much for the servers they have online.

There is not a SINGLE server that has a standard population except when people are asleep. Standard is the level you WANT your populations to be hense why it is called the STANDARD. yet BioWare is running with the MAJORITY of there servers at full and the rest at heavy or very heavy.

This is not a case of everyone flocking to a few isolated servers causing problems this is a case of BioWare showing they lack the sophistication of running a MMO even though they TALKED big about how they were doing everything to be prepared for launch.

How is BioWare suppost to handle the situation when they CAN'T control the populations of people joining to play?

It is utterly clear they need more servers. This isn't even Launch and i'd love to see any proof where a game released with more pre-order sales then none pre-order sales. Things are only going to get worse and we have seen a taste of that with the advent of langer and longer queue times with each passing day.

BioWare has failed and they need to fix.

LOL on the contrary, I dont sit at my pc screaming for the counter to go faster, because as luck would have it I do have the time to wait doing other things, im blessed like that. And I do get to play, lucky me ;)

However I do have common sense and I do recognise there are many other people in the world other than myself who dont share my luxury, therefor I can sympathise with their plight and I can see their point of view. If I was unlucky enough to be in their position I would be frustrated and annoyed that something I had spent my hard earned cash on I couldnt use and I would hope I had the right to complain that I couldnt use what I had spent my money on without someone standing there telling me im an idiot for doing just that. ;)

As much as I do hope they can get **** in line by tuesday, the whole "My hard earned money" isn't a real arguing point until the 20th

First video game in my entire life I had to wait this long. My Atari loaded faster than this. I am severely dissapointed with the service. Even 5 minutes is ridiculous, you should not have to wait to play a game when the purpose is to relieve stress from a days work than get stressed on poor performance on planning and infrastructure design. Official launch has not even begun and the service is horrible.

:mon_evil:

Originally Posted by Moffen

While Bioware is working on fixing this im setting up my computer for remote desktop connection. And Im going to connect to it from work and login to the game about 2 hours before I quit for the day. If I do that I should be on the character screen about when I get home

This is a really smart idea... stealing it!

You can easily do this using LOGMEIN dot com. I use my android phone to do it from work. Of course they have a web interface that makes it easier too. I just need to figure out if as soon as i log into the launcher, it starts attempting to join my server of choice/last played server.

Edited by Superthrust

Easy solution to the BS queues that kept me from playing all weekend followed by 1003 errors when I'd get 90% into my queue wait, forcing me to re-queue:

Go to Origin Help and...

"Hi I need to change the CC you're going to auto charge when the game launches, do I have to cancel my pre-order?"

Yes.

"Cool, can you do that so I can re-order" (lol no thanks just want my money back and not to have to pay for something I'm not actually receiving)

Sure, let me cancel that - and done.

There you go guys. Your solution. Back to Skyrim or something other than staring at my queue time. Maybe I'll play a couple months down the road when this gets sorted in better fashion (and **** about the qq and zomg it's an mmo launch crap, I don't care). Until then get your mmo on with any one of the other games that this clones aside from the star wars paint job and settings. We all knew what this was and they've even admitted. I just wish that given the company and the ip they were dealing with things could have gone down a little more gracefully.

I agree I bought a physical copy myself so it is hard to cancel it when it was shipped and is currently in transit.

I have been playing Skyrim too and you know what i am enjoying it much more then TOR because I can play it.

I agree until customers boycott/return/refuse renew BioWare will do little to nothing but if they start getting thousands of cancelations they WILL act and act quickly.

As much as I do hope they can get **** in line by tuesday, the whole "My hard earned money" isn't a real arguing point until the 20th

Sorry but you are incorrect many people have already paid, they have recieved a hard copy by mail and have been charged for it. So hard earned money is an arguing point.

I agree I bought a physical copy myself so it is hard to cancel it when it was shipped and is currently in transit.

I have been playing Skyrim too and you know what i am enjoying it much more then TOR because I can play it.

I agree until customers boycott/return/refuse renew BioWare will do little to nothing but if they start getting thousands of cancelations they WILL act and act quickly.

I'm done with Star Wars:TOR, if Bioware doesn't COMMUNICATE to us tomorrow.

I just want them to actually COMMUNICATE. What the heck happened to those guys? Did EA really screw them up? I find it amazing; the way they're handling this.

Come on Bioware... people just want to KNOW that this won't be going on for a long time.

Just SAY something already.

Has anyone thought that the magnitude of this problem takes time? It's not just one variable making servers like this, its a number of causes and can't be solely addressed by a simple patch. Edited by dsingh

now that was awesome ..... wait in queue for 4 hours .... play for like 10 minutes ... get an error 9000 crash (That even sais its server side) ...... and back at the end of the line in queue when i try to log back in ...

thank god i havnt filled a sub yet ive never seen an MMO with such poor server quality and so many bugs at launch.

you guys rushed this release way too early it should still be in beta cause sorry Bioware but you aint ready for this just yet if its this bad 2 days b4 launch GG cya later im goin back to WoW at least i know ill be able to play the game im spending money on.

Edited by Grescal

If you guys hate this game and their horrible service so much, why are you still here lol

We don't hate the game, we love it, we just hate the queues. The more we let them know how much we hate them the more they hopefully get the message and start fixing it.

sat in queue today more than I've been able to play..

i understand launches and load balancing..

but this is ridiculous.. 3 disconnects and back in the queue..its only going to be worse on actual release day.. might as well take this week off from playing.. early access was sort of a joke..

I'm not asking for a miracle but common sense says this should be handled a different way..

great MMO.. best I've played in 10 yrs.. i love it.. but the disco/queue issue is going to ruin what could be a great game out of the gate..

not doing the rage quit thing.. but am pretty unhappy with the status quo you guys are building the foundation on..

1. Every person auto placed by the guild pre-launch should never have to wait in a queue

2. opening servers will not solve the problem, you need to allow server transfers, and the system has to be better than everything else that has been done.

Server queues should not be based on how many people are on the server, they should be there to stop login servers from crashing when too many people log in at once. I should be seeing atleast 10 people entering a server per second in the queue line.

This is just the pre-orders, i cant imagine how bad it is going to be on the weekend after launch.

The MAXIMUM queue time should be 20 minutes, and that should only happen Friday and Saturday night at 7:00 for around 30 minutes.

OPENING SERVERS DOES NOTHING UNLESS YOU ARE OFFERING FREE CHARACTER AND GUILD TRANSFERS THAT CAN BE DONE EASILY AND IN MINUTES WITH NO CHANCE OF LOSING ANYTHING WHATSOEVER.

Sorry but you are incorrect many people have already paid, they have recieved a hard copy by mail and have been charged for it. So hard earned money is an arguing point.

Does early access count toward our free month of gametime that comes with the game? If it does not, then the fact they bought the game now means nothing, really.

Now, if we are losing gametime, then by all means hard earned money is absolutely a good arguement atm.

If we are not losing gametime, and it starts counting down on the 20th, then the fact they bought the game now or later is moot point. they could have paid in full 20 years ago, or they can pay in full on tuesday, idc really. It all comes down to when the game time starts ticking.

There are a few solutions, but we do not know the variables so we can not speak intelligently on the subject. However, stopping new players from creating characters on heavy populated servers would help.

More servers wouldn't hurt either, seeing as there is only one server that isn't full a majority of the time. I'm sure they are working very hard on this issue and they have officially stated that they encourage others to start on new servers, rather than wait in queues.

The problem lies with those who are 20+, they do not want to start over and they shouldn't have to. There were no waits until day 3 or 4.

Just to get in on the discussion. 5 - 10 min ques i can deal with. waiting for hours, up to 4 most days this week on a server our guild assigned too, is NOT. Get it fixed please. Also, no forgivness for a DC is unexcusable too.

I really feel like you guys are dropping the ball here.

Edited by Cheef

I guess this is the cacophony for server issues, so here goes:

I understand server queues. I get it. They won't last forever.

What's pushing people away and infuriating is the lack of a "disconnect placeholder" in the server. Getting disconnected due to ISP issue/Server issue/Computer issue/Stars Unaligned/etc and having to sit through another queue serves no tangible purpose other than making people lose interest.

It's been said many times, but the more the merrier :D

I guess this is the cacophony for server issues, so here goes:

I understand server queues. I get it. They won't last forever.

What's pushing people away and infuriating is the lack of a "disconnect placeholder" in the server. Getting disconnected due to ISP issue/Server issue/Computer issue/Stars Unaligned/etc and having to sit through another queue serves no tangible purpose other than making people lose interest.

It's been said many times, but the more the merrier :D

^^ this is why im most likely NOT going to sub to this game

only another 2 hours to wait til i get into the game ....... then i MIGHT get to play for a bit...........

Edited by Grescal

"This thread was started ON A WEEKEND. Anyone that knows corporate structure KNOWS you're not going to see anything done on a weekend. They'll fix it when they can, but they're NOT going to break out and fix it over the weekend. No way, no how." - TomWhiting

Actually it was started Wednesday. It has been split twice now due to growing to large and once to turn it into a sticky.

Edit: We are on page 504 now.

during a launch, everyone is working, no one is sleeping.. lots of coffee, fighting fires.

I just hope this fire is important enough to try and make a dent in it.