Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep server population caps can be raised and keep performance by upgrading some hardware. This it is just because its launch stuff aint going to cut it because there is going to be queues after launch because there are still people that will buy the game and come join their friends on their servers that are already full and have queues...they will not roll on a server by themselves and the friends surely wont re roll on another server since they are already in the 20s or 30s

This nothing but BullS@#T.

What this means is We screwed up we know we screwed up but we can't do anything about it because we are uprepared for launch. All that crap about them wanting a smooth launch is BS. They are utterly unprepared, they have done NOTHING to fix the problem and this is during EARLY ACCESS when they are Controlling the numbers come the 20th when the flood gates open things will be worse. They talked a good game up until now but this early access proves bioware lacks the ability to run a AAA mmo.

Not only are we getting Queues there is terrible lag now. They did not do enough stress testing they ASSUMED that things would stabilize with certain tweeks from the Nov. Tests but they didn't actually let the strees test mature to actually KNOW things would.

Here is what I know.

If I can't play the game because of the queues it is not an engaging community. I DO NOT WANT AN ENGAGING COMMUNITY IF IT MEANS I CAN'T PLAY. Or when I do play it is a lag fest!

BioWare get you fingers out of your @#$% start adding SIGNIFICANTLY MORE SERVERS NOW!

Your fear of the ramifications of adding servers is only leading people to view you as incompedant. You appear unable to handle the most basic aspect of launch making sure there are enough servers so people CAN PLAY! And you control the populations you idiots.

If you continue along this vein you WILL see the issue resolve itself, the server populations will normalize but it will be a result of people NOT playing your game.

Anyone want a CE edition of the game, unopened? Because right now I wont be opening it and paying BioWare allow me the privilage of NOT playing.

BioWare seems to have learned NOTHING from previous launch fiascos.

Actually it's not. You completely misunderstood, or are just too ******** to understand. Each server requires tons of servers, like, actual servers. For said server to run correctly, the more people etc, the more servers needed. To have infinite servers running at all times would be a HUGE waste. So what they are trying to figure out it that golden point. The point in time which log in's drastically spike to add more servers to allow smooth play.

You're one of many *******' that are too ******** to understand basic infrastructure, and you sir, are one of the many players company's hate to have for business for your blatant ignorance.

And on top of that, if you want them to have a BASIC and NORMAL launch as the majority of MMO's I can promise you, you will NOT be playing on launch day. They are doing exactly what all MMO's have failed to do in the past. I cannot tell you how many times on each xpack release day of WoW crap hit the fan, because they refused to do what Bioware is smart enough to do.

Lastly, as with any game, as with any NEW game, they are figuring stuff out. It hasn't even launched yet, so calm down. Your money you keep complaining about having to pay to play for waiting in queue is to help fix that issue, and if you're looking for a game that never has issues, go back to tetris.

Now get out of this thread, adults are talking.

Edited by Valindra

Love the game but your deluding yourself if you think I'll be paying a monthly subscription for a game I can't play when I want.

Got in on the first wave and maybe played 12 hours so far. My play time is extremely limited. When I do have time to play I expect to be able to log in.

I wish I'd had the foresight to create characters across multiple servers so I'd have a chance at not sitting in a queue starting at position 300+. When I rolled, my server was at Standard Pop, so I did not anticipate this issue very well.

Unfortunately, all the servers I would have chosen are Full anyway. West Coast PVEs are apparently very popular (all Full or Heavy to Very Heavy).

Well at least they should give you the option to play on another server while holding your Q spot for the server you want to play on. It seems stupid to me that the game pretty much stops working for anything but the "cancel" button till you get through a Q.

This nothing but BullS@#T.

What this means is We screwed up we know we screwed up but we can't do anything about it because we are uprepared for launch. All that crap about them wanting a smooth launch is BS. They are utterly unprepared, they have done NOTHING to fix the problem and this is during EARLY ACCESS when they are Controlling the numbers come the 20th when the flood gates open things will be worse. They talked a good game up until now but this early access proves bioware lacks the ability to run a AAA mmo.

Not only are we getting Queues there is terrible lag now. They did not do enough stress testing they ASSUMED that things would stabilize with certain tweeks from the Nov. Tests but they didn't actually let the strees test mature to actually KNOW things would.

Here is what I know.

If I can't play the game because of the queues it is not an engaging community. I DO NOT WANT AN ENGAGING COMMUNITY IF IT MEANS I CAN'T PLAY. Or when I do play it is a lag fest!

BioWare get you fingers out of your @#$% start adding SIGNIFICANTLY MORE SERVERS NOW!

Your fear of the ramifications of adding servers is only leading people to view you as incompedant. You appear unable to handle the most basic aspect of launch making sure there are enough servers so people CAN PLAY! And you control the populations you idiots.

If you continue along this vein you WILL see the issue resolve itself, the server populations will normalize but it will be a result of people NOT playing your game.

Anyone want a CE edition of the game, unopened? Because right now I wont be opening it and paying BioWare allow me the privilage of NOT playing.

BioWare seems to have learned NOTHING from previous launch fiascos.

Early Game Access =/= Launch.

Go back to WoW, we don't want your whiny kind here.

I'm sitting in queue right now no issues.

"Use or distribute “auto” software programs, “macro” software programs or other “cheat utility” software program or applications."

what if it was not auto but a semi auto and it was not cheat it was handicap assistance?

but yea.. you cannot do it

they will get to them

but its Sunday

and i doubt very seriously any programmers are up to care or doing anything about it

maybe tomorrow after lunch and maybe after their afternoon cartoons they will attempt to type on their keyboards and fix this.

18 left

im getting in

time to take a ****

23:53 est .... 1 hr of play time.. ..wow... ... really. wow... this sucks.

Edited by Cablecing

European people: Oh look! The US servers aren't busy! *** do WE have 2 hour queue times?

US people: Oh look! The EU servers aren't busy! Why don't you take THOSE servers and load them on the US servers so the wait time is better?

Silly. These people are those who don't understand the Earth is round and that there are 24 time zones. :)

The fix is for them to add more servers, but they won't.

LMAO. Great comment.

HERE's HOW YOU FIX THIS:

Add a rating for each server, that lists how many people are "ACTIVE" on the server. Not currently Logged in, but have looged in recently. Rate them 1-5, And allocate it based on the other servers.

I know, I know there's a flaw if like a guild of 500 people take a vacation and then Come back after a month... and scew the server numbers... But that's a risk i'm willing to take.

Allowing for someone to get an idea of the "Population" of a server and less of the "Currently on Friday at 8 Am, durning EGA, not one plays this server, But at 5 PM, EVERYONE and there grandmother plays here."

Population get Speard around, People don't get stuck in Ques, and you don't have to reveal how many people are on as server, Just It's Rated 5, means you're more likly to see ques then a server rated as 3-4. and 1-2 are Great to start new! Everyone's happy.

and really come on, How hard would it be to do that on a database scale youre setup with.

My two main issues are 1) yes, waiting in queue... this is a pay to play game, there should not be any reason we should have to wait 30mins-2h30min to get into a server, with all the money bioware is making off the game put some of it into the servers to allow more people on at one time. If WoW can do it so can you. 2) limiting the the number of people that can be online makes it harder to put groups together for groups and Warzones. If there were a system that did cross server grouping it wouldnt be an issue.

Its really going to suck for casual players that happened to make their character on a large server taht only get an hour or two to play a day and have to wait almost the entire time just to log on.

Dear Bioware,

Keep up the good work. **** has got to be a little nuts at yalls place right now. The queues suck, but some of us here know its just part of the initiation period. I haven't played an MMO yet that wasn't hell on earth (or I guess hell on starwars, here) and so far everything is going pretty well all things considered.

In short, if I can ask anything of you Bioware, its this... Don't give the QQ'ers an inch to work with. As you probably know, the QQers are like devilish vacuums, and if you give them even an inch, they will suck every bit of life that exists within you.

Don't make the same mistake WoW did, don't cater to the QQ!

I waited my TIME in the QUE then when I log. It starts to load and ERRORS I have to WAIT AGAIN?

IF this isn't fixed by LAUNCH I will UNSUBSCRIBE. HATE BIOWARE YOU ARE FAILING EPICALLY right NOW! I don't give a **** what your BS reasons are for this, but GET it TOGETHER.

I will NOT BITE the BULLET AGAIN!:mad: NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER. SO far your response to this has been rather LIGHT and frankly unprofessional and INSULTING to us customers REAL SMOOTH LAUNCH, OH the IRONY!

Its really going to suck for casual players that happened to make their character on a large server taht only get an hour or two to play a day and have to wait almost the entire time just to log on.

Eh, that happened to me tonight. Not a big deal, it'll get better with time. I'm a patient person though and the time I can get on is still worth the money.

I wait 20+ minutes to get into the server the first time. Log into character and craft soem droid parts for my other character. Try to add other character to my friends list and am told my own character does not exist. Come on I know how to spell my own name. So I log to switch to other character to make sure they are still there and get kicked from the game rather than to the character selection page.

Spend another 20+ minutes waiting to get try and get back into the game.

Log in finally to other character only to find all the stuff I mailed them from the night before has dissapeared into a black hole of non existance

Dude, It pretty simple. People can do this if they want. It's their choice. Until Bioware says people that afk script are banned. So please, just agree to disagree.

Dude (spelled *****hat): Use of 3rd party software for any facet of this game is expressly prohibited by the games ToS and EULA. That include scripting that's not part of the SWOTR client S/W.

Their "choice" as you put it should result in a perma-ban.

Go troll elsewhere.

Do they even read what we are writting? It is 11:00pm for me almost midnight!! I want to play!! :mad:

The only time they read what you write, is if you go make a separate thread QQing about queues, they will read enough to verify if it is a Queue QQ thread, and will then herd everyone into this one so you can cry to a brick wall about it here.

I really hope you've got plans Bioware.

I see people claiming you've got the server capacity set low, but I can't find anything from you saying it.

I've got a lot of time to play, so I can eventually get into the game even with these unacceptable queues, but holy crap man. There's literally only a handful of servers right now that don't have a queue...

You're going to lose customers if you don't correct the issue soon. I don't want that to happen, I think this is a great game, I just wish that all these awesome people and myself could actually play this game when we want to do so.

5 min queue? OK, fine, whatever, I'll get a drink, drop a turd, etc.

Anything longer is just unacceptable.

It's a great game. It really is. Don't trip and stumble when you're so close to bringing legit competition to the increasingly stagnant mmo genre.