Regarding server queues

StephenReid

What happened with increasing the sevrer caps? Were the small boosts we saw earlier all that was in the cards? It was nice to go from 860 to 30, but the reality is the game still felt like a ghost town.

The population cap seems absurdly low compared to other MMOs, it feels more like I'm playing a dying game rather than on launch day.

My main characters class quest sends him back to previous areas all across the level range and everywhere from starter zones to Hoth has seemed just barren of players. I'd say the average is about 20 per zone.

Is that really the limitations of the Hero engine?

If the servers can't hold that many to begin with, I'd hate to see what it's like when populations stabilize.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::Bioware enters group meeting with all the head hanchos.

"So....launch day is here, and our staggered plan has met a bit of resistance"

"Yeah...even though its better for us (read: CHEAPER) to try and fill out each server rather than merge them and throw some of them out, many people seem to be upset with how were handling it"

"So...should we just release server caps and forget about or plan?"

"I dont know...if we do that, we risk losing an incredibly minuscule amount of profit. But we will make the consumer happy"

"Well..im in favor of making more money, screw the consumer!"

"Yes, we'll just not say anything...they all have the attention span of goldfish anyway! Lets all go swim in my swimming pool of money from preorders HAR HAR HAR"

"I forgot my suit"

"Dont worry about it! We'll all swim nekkid! WOOOOOOOOO"

WoW, Vanguard, Rift, SWG, DAoC, Eve, Warhammer, Conan, EQ, Anarchy Onlie.. And so on. Payed em all. WoW DID have ques at times. But nothing close to this.

Think we ALL understand (or hope) that its due to launch. But where is BW? This is a problem. This will scare away new players and make others go back to old favs or look at some of the other MMO's out there. There are plenty to choose from after all.

Pre launch its all about the hype. But the launch of a game sets the tone. This is already out on twitter and facebook and Im sure it will spread. Unlike those who dont care bout people leaving the game I can honestly say that I do. Playing a MMO solo is about as fun as watching paint dry. And with so many group missions atleast I will need all the help I can get.

In the end its about customer satisfaction. Some say we should stop whining and that its not alot of money. Agreed. Its not alot of money. But we are paying to play the game. And when I pay for something I expect to get my moneys worth, as everybody should.

All three of those games sucked.

Not only is this an MMO at launch, it's the largest MMO launch in history.

Wait its the largest MMO launch in history? Was this news to Bioware/EA??? Maybe if it was the largest in history they should have setup enough servers then??? Wasnt that what all the beta test were for???? Yet here we are with even longer queues then during beta and early access.

A fool and his money are soon parted. Bioware is looking right at you....

today at 8.00 am GMT my server has been full and i was at 467 in cue! and it has gotten worse as the day has gone bye, have been disconnected twice and had to re-cue, if we could move our characters to a different server, i would re-roll but I'm level 28 and i have put too much effort in to think about changing so unless bioware do something or it's que's or sub cancel for me!!!:mad:

BIOWARE - We DEMAND - BREAK THE SILENCE NOW!

PLEASE REPLY TO US!

-Can people please quote if they agree?

-Im sick and tired of not being able to play (yes ive given up after getting kicked 2 days in a row 3 times after waiting 3 times in qeue = 18 hours of qeue wait-time in 48 hours!)

- But what makes it much MUCH worse is the complete silence from BIOWARE.

Edited by Sith-Viper

This is completely going the wrong way.

BW stated they did beta testing, staggered invites etc etc all for making launch smooth.

Maybe BW does not realize that most people have jobs. People come home and want to play the game.

These people and thus most people do not have the time to wait 1+ hour to login.

How on earth can u expect people to log on 1+hour before they can play, do i need to take 1 hour off from work go home, logon, go back to work and then hope i did not get disconnected when i get home again?

Or are we supposed to use AFK bots so we do not have to login at all?

I don't think many people will subscripe to a payment option if u can't play the game like it is supposed to be played.

Server ques like this are simply NOT okay. Maybe for jobless people, people with no life or people that are living in their mothers basement doing nothing all day but for people with jobs it is simple NOT DONE to have ques like this

And new servers do not solve it unless u force migration.

Only option is to put a stop on people rolling on the server and raise population limit.

And that is what BW stated not to do so it wont be solved.

It is almost mind blowing thinking off a game company with some reputation failing so big in something like this.

Edited by RadjezZ

I normally don't complain. I am not going to really complain here. I will how ever be thinking about not subscribing after my 30 days unless this issue is addressed. I just can't justify paying 15/month to wait for hour or more in a queue only to get into game and get disconnected or it being time to go to sleep.

Love the game, but my money is important to me and I won't throw it away on something that isn't usable to me. Typically when I walk away from something I do it for good. I want to see this game survive and be successful. Please don't make your customers walk away because they can't play what they pay for. It is no fun for us and it affects your paychecks.

If this does go on for a while at least offer us some more free time as we aren't getting 30 days free if we can't even get into the game.

And no re rolling on a new server is not a option for me. I have over 30 hours into my character and was on the server since day one of early release.

The biggest frustration is no response, when i worked with customers if there was a problem with their order's we informed the customer's, sure they might be annoyed but not half as much as if we forgot to inform the customer then all hell broke loose.

Just a simple post of ok guy's the servers took us a bit by supprise we plan over the next few day's to do this.........

just something more than the we are aware of the situation

sigh ... in queue for 1,5 hours, bam server error. Have to re-queue. Starting again at 578 ... There goes another 2 hours down the drain ...

New servers were added way too late since most of the servers were already full just from the preorder guilds that were thrown onto them.

Love the game, absolutely epic but regarding the queue's: epic fail BW ... epic fail.

Edited by Fsixknight

Ah its nice to see a company actively working on making the game experience better for their customers.

See i wish i could really say that and not feel like a complete moron .... this is defiantely not "the smoothest launch ever" like our wonderful devs have spouted about for months.

This release is about on par for just about any other launch ..... insane queues, random d/c's putting you right back in the queue when you do manage to actually get in-game, client crashes ... oh we could go on, but whats the point this is just the same as every other launch.

For me the big thing is the whole spouting from devs about we are doing this that and the other to make it better for you .... when they could not even handle the relatively "closed" release of early access, with out a nightmare of queues on servers. And this when all the information and power were completely with BW, now that the game is properly released to the general public the whole issue has just gone from bad to worse.

Tbh i can understand no one wanting to face this "bullet" from the devs, they never took advantage of being in control in early access, and what problems there arised then have just been ignored and all alarm bells telling them that things were going the wrong way were being ignored, they are now sitting in a big pile of dudu of their own making and with no real efforts made to correct this, apart from trying to make the gameplay experience so bad that people give up and dont play ... yes that solves the problem with the queues but maybe you should consider the damage to the potential market you did have before the release.

Oh well no hope of any action to be taken, so we can all sit here on the forums for the hours we sit in the queue ... yay for that.

Edited by FireWithin

PLEASE REPLY TO US!

-Im sick and tired of not being able to play (yes ive given up after getting kicked 2 days in a row 3 times after waiting 3 times in qeue = 18 hours of qeue wait-time in 48 hours!)

totaly agree

PLEASE REPLY TO US!

Aggreed.

I'd be happy with a server transfer. I'm not in a guild since I'm still waiting on mates to get the game, but I've already put in about a days worth of time into my Sith Sorcerer. Ah, the time limitations of Christmas retail work :/ Get home at 6pm, start playing at...11pm...for an hour...if I'm lucky :/

sigh ... in queue for 1,5 hours, bam server error. Have to re-queue. Starting again at 578 ... There goes another 2 hours down the drain ...

This - i was in one for 45 mins - got to 20 - then boom, back to 300.

Its poor that they have allocated most people to servers pre launch, then cluttered them up with too many ppl...........

Can't wait to play a panda monk.

^ this

At this rate, most of us will be. The queues are getting WORSE, not better. And don't give me that fanboy ********. This launch has been a total shambles. EA should have been handled better. You were still giving EGA to people that ordered last week instead of actually sitting down and thinking "hang on the servers are already full, perhaps we should stop now". Greedy bastards never learn.

Now the release date is here and none of the new players wish to join ghost realms. If you were born with the gift of foresight you would have realised that it would have been far better to open more servers from day one, knowing FULL WELL that this game was the most anticipated game in years, and had the highest pre-order numbers of any game in the history of gaming. But no, you expect people to put up with 2 hour queues. I have news for you, I work. Putting up with 2+ hour queues when I only have 4 hours an evening to play is absolutely not acceptable and I have no intention of doing so.

You will not be getting a penny of sub from me until you sort this mess out. Which is a shame because you need our money to develop this game and sort it out. It's a bit of a ****** situation of your own making.

I for one will never login to WoW again. But unfortunately for you, a hell of a lot will. And their opinions will not encourage new players.

While not a magic fix, free character move sounds like a start.

I don't know how it works in WoW, but Bioware should also look into trying to have a reconnect option after brief connection hickup. EverQuest, for instance, will manage a 30+ seconds connection loss (granted, it's built to support 56K conenction due to its age). Guild Wars usually manages to reconnect a session also after connection loss. If this game could do the same, instead of bumping people into queue, it would probably remove half the people's problems.

Still, considering this will probably be one of the last games that'll follow the subsciption model, you would have thought that they would have a strong enough backbone to get people what you expect them to pay for. The better the service, the better the chance they keep people after the free 30 days.

Just adding my grain of salt, since i'm stuck waiting an half hour in queue. Not paying a monthly fee yet, so I'll keep the cursing for then if the situation hadn't improved in a month. Then again, I suppose that after a decade of never experiencing queue in EverQuest, I was spoiled (despite Sony's poor customer service).

PLEASE REPLY TO US!!!!

I think they already have.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/regarding-server-queues

Expecting devs to actively discuss specifics in public forum discussions is like expecting rocket scientists to show up at your back yard fireworks display ... won't happen. Meaningful posts in important threads aren't ignored... only the pizzy ones. Kinda doubting the use of big red letters will get their attention.

Edited by GalacticKegger

could someone from the devs please tell us what kind of actions are going to be used to lower the queues? I understand that the queues are long because the game is new and allso Im not too hot headed to nerd rage with them yet becaues christmas is nearly here and gonna be afk that time.

But. I have allready bought a 1 month subscription and I got a kid and work in shifts so when I finally get all the daily things done and go to my computer I hope I get to play right away. Today I thought that could try to squeese those few quests left from a planet so I could move to the next one and when I started the game *BANG* 1052 queue to Frostclaw PVE-EU and estimated wait time said <1h 05m 00s. That was 21:51 and I just got home from work. Now time in here is 23:00 and still got 310 ahead of Me and with quick math I could get playing in ~40 mins so clock would be 23:40~. Well gotta wake up at 08:00 am and take My kid to kindegarden so with reasonable night dreams I got like 20 minutes game time. Hooray.

But again Im ok with this for now but don't wanna see same nonsense after christmas.

In hoping by Your salary bag: Barath