Regarding server queues

StephenReid

I'm not from the America so i wouldn't know but this hole point is what if a person want to cancel now?

Sorry I got the idear that most of the ones asking are americans, since they also need to be told not to dry pets in microwaves.

When cancelling the Seller keeps the 5$/€ as compensation for his fuss with taking your preorder, ordering the game and keeping your not bought copy on stock until someone else buys it.

Also as i posted before its very ignorant to assume that all costs are purely monetary.

A preorder regardless of if it is guaranteed or not has a value to someone, if it didn't why would they give incentives for you to do it?

Most things can be calculeted into a monetary price, but your desire to play a game isn't one of them. You are the customer, you are the smallest piece in the system, you are one of many, you as a individual are wothless to the system. No one gives **** about your opinion if there are still thousands that willingly take you place. Face it that is Capitalism.

Nevertheless you payed it prior to release and therefore they have planning security and it brings in interest. Actually it brings in a lot of interest, because it is directly used to counter finance the development expenses saving them from taking credits. So yes, they earned something from it.

You payed EA or Bioware nothing, you payed your reseller and gave him planning security (EA only gets the numbers of preorders, with or without 5€ deposit).

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This discussion is fascinating. I view this early game access as a bonus and don't buy the argument that anyone is being cheated here. I'm sure the terms of service, which everyone agreed to without reading, have a provision covering this. After all, they can't guarantee game access.

That said, even if we aren't being cheated, we are entitled to our opinion of what makes good business. While I think a lot of threats to cancel pre orders are empty (obviously, if you're upset about the queuing, you want to play the game), I do think people will refrain from subscribing if this continues past launch.

Queues are a deal-breaker for busy adults who play casually, the bulk of players. Most of the time, I only have a couple hours to play. Queuing really cuts into that, often preventing play entirely. This must be solved post haste.

I don't think what they have done is really important now the bigger question is what they are going to do about it.

Regardless of how they have messed up it is clear they have now they have to fix it and they SHOULD tell up how they intend to do that.

I do agree, I am just frustrated at the lack of attention my posts on this issue got pre-EGA before the forum wipe so I'm venting.... But people need to realise that most of the servers with 10-1 hour ques are not an issue. the small ques are working as intended.

Sorry but those threats go nowhere. I'm sure you will sub quite happily within the next month and they know it.

However - they should be concerned of the long-term impact as each poorly managed decision results in a "knock" to the customers, too many knocks and they start leaving. I'd say this is hit #1 for SWTOR.

Not a threat, fact. Im having way more fun in my current game (which is an MMO), than I have when actually online in this one. I have rerolled 3 times already, only to have my new server fill up to 1h queues when I have 1-2hrs to play. The gameplay is already dull and tedious (reached lvl 13 on my first Sith Inqueuesitter)

Not a threat, fact. Im having way more fun in my current game (which is an MMO), than I have when actually online in this one. I have rerolled 3 times already, only to have my new server fill up to 1h queues when I have 1-2hrs to play. The gameplay is already dull and tedious (reached lvl 13 on my first Sith Inqueuesitter)

Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. I'm not gonna cry about my EGA. I'm gonna build me an airport, put my name on it. Why, jhsveli? So you can fly away from your feelings? You can keep them bottled up, jhsveli, but they will come out. Sometimes in the most unexpected...

[opens refrigerator and looks inside]

Hey, where the **** are my hard-boiled eggs?

I have seen queues of 5 hours!!! I don't get it... this game will be released to specific regions and queue is 5 hours! What if it got released to all? 24 hours queue? Good thing I am not limited to a group of friends and haven't decided on a server so I picked the one with minimum queue (lower population) but still I sometimes get disconnected and have to wait 15-30 minutes to get back.

My advise to those stuck in the long (hours) queue line to seriously think of moving to a lower population server (PVP, RP, PVE, whatever seriously!).

Edited by e-sam

Just want to say it again. Some people (see me) cannot dedicate entire days or nights to playing this. I MAY have a couple of hours available to me to enjoy the game on a given night. Last night I sat in the Queue for 3 hours, then cancelled and went to bed. I did not pay you $60.00 to watch a queue countdown for 3 hours each night. For a game that was advertised as "Casual player friendly", you sure are preventing people with limited time from playing at all. I was already going to be well behind my friends who are playing, now I have no chance of being able to do any content at all with them.

More than a 5 minute wait time is unacceptable. Several hours of wait time is just plain stupid. This is a service I am paying for. Fix it, now.

Exactly. I couldn't play at all this weekend because of the queues. I have two baby girls and any play time I get is great, not to mention relaxing. It's not really possible to preplan my play time. If I get an opportunity to play, I play. I had two hours to play yesterday and my server queue was over an hour, so I didn't bother playing.

At this point, my guildmates have already outlevelled me by a fair margin and I can no longer play with them. Bioware should have had a server transfer utility ready to go at launch.

Here he comes. Here comes John Wayne. I'm not gonna cry about my EGA. I'm gonna build me an airport, put my name on it. Why, jhsveli? So you can fly away from your feelings? You can keep them bottled up, jhsveli, but they will come out. Sometimes in the most unexpected...

[opens refrigerator and looks inside]

Hey, where the **** are my hard-boiled eggs?

Thank you for your methed out psychoanalysis, worked a treat :)

So what you're saying is you dislike the game and don't really want to sub as a result. Gotcha. You sure made it seem like it was the queue's fault. :)

And yeah bit more on topic for above posts: What we have to endure in early access is our own choice for y'know, getting on early. What people won't tolerate for long (no more than 4 weeks imo) is this going on well into release.

If Bioware's underlying plan from all this was to ensure servers are correctly balanced and come mid-late week we suddenly see queues disappear because they're happy with balance, fine. It's understandable they can't communicate such things to us.. "Hey, we are digitally herding you onto other servers so we are artificially capping your server at 3000 even though we have capacities of 10,000-15,000 people."

Seeing as it is only a small number of servers affected by queues I don't forsee this being the death of SWTOR or the sky is falling as some would have you believe but I do think every subscriber should be important and hope this is resolved within the week somehow. (Server transfers etc etc if needbe)

Deal breaker says it entirely. I have already payed for and received my box from Amazon, but have yet to open it in the event I am unable to play because of the queues (Amazon's return policy is awesome, really). This game has not been live for a week yet, I should not already be considering returning my boxed copy.

I have played many MMO's, all of which had a huge player base at launch. Not one has had this type of issue. I am extremely unimpressed.

Deal breaker says it entirely. I have already payed for and received my box from Amazon, but have yet to open it in the event I am unable to play because of the queues (Amazon's return policy is awesome, really). This game has not been live for a week yet, I should not already be considering returning my boxed copy.

I have played many MMO's, all of which had a huge player base at launch. Not one has had this type of issue. I am extremely unimpressed.

The game isn't live at all.

Well I've checked the ToS now, seems they have covered their back pretty well:

"TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF EA SERVICES, EA SOFTWARE, AND THE INTERNET IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. EA SERVICES, EA SOFTWARE, EA PRODUCTS AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN ABOUT THE QUALITY, FUNCTIONALITY, AVAILABILITY OR PERFORMANCE OF EA SOFTWARE OR EA SERVICES. EA DOES NOT ASSUME LIABILITY FOR INABILITY TO OBTAIN OR USE ANY CONTENT, ENTITLEMENTS, GOODS OR SERVICES. EA PROVIDES EA SERVICES ON A COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE BASIS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE EA SERVICES AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING, OR THAT EA WILL HAVE ADEQUATE CAPACITY FOR EA SERVICES AS A WHOLE OR IN ANY SPECIFIC GEOGRAPHIC AREA. "

"We do not guarantee that any Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all countries and/or geographic locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer particular Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update Content and Entitlements without notice to you. Once you have redeemed your Entitlements, that content is not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for other Entitlements or for cash, or other goods or services. "

Still, if they want to make decent money they must do something.

Saying the game is not live yet is not a valid excuse. The Game is live right now the whole pre order early launch thing is not a bonus, it is a plan to gradually bring people into the game so the servers don't get killed. If they had not offered the early access they would have faced millions of people all trying to patch and play all on the same day same time which would have resulted in a freakin animal farm. Bioware would not have been able to implement a rolling wave of increasing load with out the preorder. SO please stop saying it is not live! it is not live!......... freakin fan boys!!

What we do have though is a quere from hell 2+ hours on some servers......please Bioware address this, instead of offering us lame platitudes.

My thing is why is the cap so low that I only ever see like 100ish people in each zone. I dont know how many zones there are, but it seems low. But I guess not really if each server only holds around 2-5k and there are say .... 50 zones.

Im hoping they are waiting to raise the cap tomorrow. But everyone who is going to play this game, is already playing. So its not like tomorrow there are going to be a million more people playing.

"TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF EA SERVICES, EA SOFTWARE, AND THE INTERNET IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. EA SERVICES, EA SOFTWARE, EA PRODUCTS AND THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, UNLESS SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION. NO WARRANTY IS GIVEN ABOUT THE QUALITY, FUNCTIONALITY, AVAILABILITY OR PERFORMANCE OF EA SOFTWARE OR EA SERVICES. EA DOES NOT ASSUME LIABILITY FOR INABILITY TO OBTAIN OR USE ANY CONTENT, ENTITLEMENTS, GOODS OR SERVICES. EA PROVIDES EA SERVICES ON A COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE BASIS AND DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE EA SERVICES AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING, OR THAT EA WILL HAVE ADEQUATE CAPACITY FOR EA SERVICES AS A WHOLE OR IN ANY SPECIFIC GEOGRAPHIC AREA. "

"We do not guarantee that any Content or Entitlement will be available at all times, in all countries and/or geographic locations, or at any given time or that we will continue to offer particular Content or Entitlements for any particular length of time. We reserve the right to change and update Content and Entitlements without notice to you. Once you have redeemed your Entitlements, that content is not returnable, exchangeable, or refundable for other Entitlements or for cash, or other goods or services. "

Yes they are covered agains any sues. But what EULA will cover them from player frustriation and situation when players simply...stop playing one day?

Yes please fix this. You can lease more equipment on a short term basis and then do mergers if needed at a later time. Having more equipment for your first 3-6 months will not effect your over all profitability as much as a damaged reputation. Don't let this be your Achilles. It's crazy not to put up more servers for the official launch. Make your case to management and don't be afraid to say look we under estimated our equipment needs. Thanks.

I want my cdkey back, i want sell it i dont want pay 13euro/month for 2h of queue at 15:30 in work day and of course, BW NO WILL MAKE ANY. Ok, return my money

And will say to EVERYONE NO join that *********** crap of service

I really hope the game be a absolutely fail and in 1 month will have less a 1M of active players

Thanks for your great job BW

With that, you could get 1 minutes year and still be fine

Is it still bad today? I was thinking of maybe trying to play. I haven't been able to play since the 3rd day of early access, and that was only in the middle of the night (EU). Tried to play other times but queues were between 45mins and 2hrs so I gave up.

Should I bother even opening the launcher?