Is JK storyline worth forsaking my IA?

timefortea

I'm looking for a 2nd "main" character to play. I've heard awesome things about the IA story line, and I like it so far. However, my main, a 35 SWarrior has made me TOTALLY not look forward to playing the imperial regular quests so soon after. Hence, should I switch over to a JK or consular to get a fresh feel of things? Are the story lines deep, in that similar to the SW, you can be all opposite to your generic cast?

Apart from the end of the JK storyline, the rest of the actual story for the class is so poorly written you will actually

get sleepy from it (my opinion) i think most STAR WARS novels have far better stories.And JC is beyong bad, atleast first 20 lvls,have not played the rest.Actually the trooper one up intil 3 act is pretty good.And dont even get me started on the smuggler story :rolleyes: SW one is pretty good,actually i'm pretty sure the best stories in the game belong to SW and SI.BH was pretty fun at times i must say,have the best VO hands down.If only the stories in the game would be half as good as the stories sorounding the game in the Novels that would be something.But sadly there is very little story in this game,on starter worlds is just anough to be good,after that it's most doing sidequests and killing mobs until a 2 minute VO before some end fight on a planet against an elite.So if you like IA story stick with it.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I havent played a jedi knight yet, but Ive been working on Imperial character, then a republic, switching back and forth once i get each to 50. Ive found overall its enough that I dont feel like the world quests are repetitive, since I dont remember all the details when i switch sides for abit.

The JK Story is apart from two climaxes where the first one shines but still lacks potential and the second one which ends rather strangely (come on BW, really????) kind of underwhelming (sb wrote boring...).

The consular story is coherent and more "political" but as I didn't get along with how my shadow played, I switched to the IA and was not disappointed:

The IA Story is very well written (esp. later on), your decisions seem do have worth and impact, the atmosphere is great - From the 4 I played it's the best so far (Having played it as a sniper, I will replay it as an operative in the future - this would be the closest you come to an Imperial 007 ;) ).

The smuggler story isn't very unique/epic but at least it's really funny and you get around in the galaxy (and some hot chicks if you like :D ).

If I were you, I'd probably play a smuggler: You go republic and get "off" the force - So the stories (incl. side-quests) and the style of playing would be kind of opposite to the SW (hey, I totally like my scoundrel ;) ).

For the story - when enough time has passed, that you aren't too bored by the same side quests - return to the IA - it's definitely worth it!!

(So, I will now start my SI...)

Edited by ConnorSalak

I haven't played the Knight, just the Consular. I enjoyed the JC story very much, but how much you like it will depend a lot on how you want to play your character. I wanted a kind, diplomatic, self-sacrificing Jedi, and so played light side the JC story was perfect for me. If you want to play a classic do-gooder Jedi, you will probably enjoy it. Besides, leveling alts on different factions really helps keep things interesting!

And no reason to abandon your Agent, you could always come back and level that class later. :) I am sick of the Republic quests now after leveling my JC and Smuggler, but will probably play a Trooper or a Knight eventually.

Though in terms of companions, well, IMHO if you are expecting ones as good as the SW has you may be disappointed with the JC's. You'll probably find at least one to your liking, but if that one is your romance option, then it will be one of the last ones you get.

I'm looking for a 2nd "main" character to play. I've heard awesome things about the IA story line, and I like it so far. However, my main, a 35 SWarrior has made me TOTALLY not look forward to playing the imperial regular quests so soon after. Hence, should I switch over to a JK or consular to get a fresh feel of things? Are the story lines deep, in that similar to the SW, you can be all opposite to your generic cast?

All I have to say is that, as a player who loves everything about the Imperials, virtually every single quest/story I did on the Republic-side (and between live and beta, I have done probably 90% of the Republic quests/story) to be boring, boring, boring. Much like dating the clever, somewhat distant girl who also happens to be hot in bed, and then dating a wholesome southern baptist who drags you along to church every Sunday-not out of a sense of guilt inborn of being raised that way, but because they actually believe. And, that's even if you choose every Dark Side option you can, while playing Republic.

TL;DR: I may have a bunch of Republic characters, but it's not because I enjoyed their quests/stories (even their voice acting is inferior to the Imps; plus, you have all those aliens who don't know how to speak Basic, making it even more annoying).

Edited by revial

All I have to say is that, as a player who loves everything about the Imperials, virtually every single quest/story I did on the Republic-side (and between live and beta, I have done probably 90% of the Republic quests/story) to be boring, boring, boring. Much like dating the clever, somewhat distant girl who also happens to be hot in bed, and then dating a wholesome southern baptist who drags you along to church every Sunday-not out of a sense of guilt inborn of being raised that way, but because they actually believe. And, that's even if you choose every Dark Side option you can, while playing Republic.

TL;DR: I may have a bunch of Republic characters, but it's not because I enjoyed their quests/stories (even their voice acting is inferior to the Imps; plus, you have all those aliens who don't know how to speak Basic, making it even more annoying).

LOL perfect analogy. And I agree about the voices, I get so tired of hearing the same Twi'lek phrases repeated over and over ("me lay wah antah HOOMPA!").

I think you should do the knight first and come back to the agent later. While I am doing all other classes before the Knight to unlock all the legacy stuff and end up with a Sith pureblood Knight with a high presence rating you can still do the knight first because its very heroic like

You save Tython, you save Coruscant, turn a Sith to the light side, and even DEFEAT THE EMPEROR

I played the IA story first, and would give it a 10 out of 10. Then I started a BH, and got to about level 40 before I decided to make JK. I would give the JK story a 9 out of 10. I lost all interest in my BH because of my Knight. Eventually I beat the BH story, and I would give it a 7 out of 10.

IA story has a lot more surprises and twists. But the Jedi Knight story is just cool. I would say both are better stories if you don't stick to pure ls/ds, though. Part of the reason my Jedi was fun is because I played her as a good person, but who thought the Jedi Order was too strict. She gave into emotion and passion a fair amount, and then had to deal with the inner turmoil of slowly falling to the Dark Side and making her way back.

Also, Jedi Knight has the best companions, IMO.

JK story = Luke Skywalker fantasy.

you know how that ends.

But:

You fail in what you set out to do, which was to capture the emperor, h e l l, you didn't even manage to kill the guy. And no, he doesn't die, a letter from the Emperor's hand to the Sith warrior at the end of the story confirms this

SW would be the enforcer's perspective?

the sad thing with playing Empire is that you mostly kill your own. Especially the sith classes. But thats the way of the Sith I suppose.

What I like best about the empire non force users classes was that:

only read if you played BH and IA story or if you dont care, because this is a major spoiler:

you have an option to defect to the republic, if you choose. That said, you will always be an empire player, but not in your story.

the Moderator is right, there is a topic about what story is the best from the poster's POV, my opinion is in there too, so not gonna say anything here.

OP, I recommend playing through most of the other storylines before IA. Not just to save the best for last, but because the IA storyline has some HUGE spoilers for most of the other stories. Some of them had me doing the :eek: expression with jaw on floor and eyes bugging out. Now I honestly can't look at some characters the same way again.

In terms of suspense, mystery, involvement and general awesomeness, the IA story is the best of those that I've played. And it's the class where I felt that my dark/light decisions actually had an impact on the game (Just look at the major spoiler above)!