Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

I've (temporarily) solved the lack of SGRs with two of my characters. My male trooper would view "fraternization" against regulations, so he wouldn't pursue romance at all with his squadmates. And instead of making a male BH, I rolled a female one because really, Mako and Fem BH make the best duo ever. I'll roll a male one when SGRs come out though.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to bench my Imperial Agent until SGRA's came out (of the closet), but I caved and played him anyway. And I love him. He's amazing.

Don't think I could pair him up with Vector though, I'm not sure he would be as interesting as I'd like.

My Juggernaut, however, has been played up to level 17 so far, but has been sitting at the path to the Dark Temple for a few months because I don't want to waste my time on the thought of having to re-roll. I'm hoping it will be retroactive because that Juggy is one of the toons that got 20 black hole comms as part of the "I made a toon on an origin server" bonus from BioWare.

I guess it depends on who you hope to romance with the Juggernaut.

I'm guessing Vette? If so, you might be fine as you aren't that far along in her quest path.

I guess it depends on who you hope to romance with the Juggernaut.

I'm guessing Vette? If so, you might be fine as you aren't that far along in her quest path.

Aye, Vette is correct. Female Twi'lek Juggy. As a Star Wars fan, I feel obligated to live out this fantasy of lesbian Twi'leks.

My concern isn't in how far I've gotten. Just in the thought that if they somehow don't apply the SGRA availability to existing characters, this toon is getting shafted simply by already existing. In this case, I'd complain to BioWare to get my Blackhole comms back on the re-made toon. And yes, I would legitimately expect them to compensate that specific toon.

Edited by Noremacv

Aye, Vette is correct. Female Twi'lek Juggy. As a Star Wars fan, I feel obligated to live out this fantasy of lesbian Twi'leks.

My concern isn't in how far I've gotten. Just in the thought that if they somehow don't apply the SGRA availability to existing characters, this toon is getting shafted simply by already existing. In this case, I'd complain to BioWare to get my Blackhole comms back on the re-made toon. And yes, I would legitimately expect them to compensate that specific toon.

In reference to this, I sent Ms. Berryman another (another, another) PM:

Hello Mr. Berryman,

With the advent of Free2Play looming somewhere unspecific on the horizon, we've been wondering in the SGRA thread about how the romances will be implemented. Specifically we have been wondering about whether or not the romances will be implemented with existing companions (we presume so, given what Mr. Amatangelo said about SGRA's being made available with Makeb) and how existing characters would have access to those conversation options.

That is, my Imperial Agent is level 50 and has completed all the conversations with his companions. If Vector becomes a male romance option, will my Agent have access to those conversations or will he be locked out? If the latter is the case, will there be any allowances made for those individuals who will have to re-roll their characters in order to have access to the content that was not implemented at release (as Bioware admits it should have been) or will they, for lack of a a better word, be sod out of luck?

This is another set of questions you can add to the ever growing list that still have yet to be acknowledged, let alone answered.

Thank you.

Taa daa.

I imagine that list is fairly long now.

Quote:

Hello Mr. Berryman,

With the advent of Free2Play looming somewhere unspecific on the horizon, we've been wondering in the SGRA thread about how the romances will be implemented. Specifically we have been wondering about whether or not the romances will be implemented with existing companions (we presume so, given what Mr. Amatangelo said about SGRA's being made available with Makeb) and how existing characters would have access to those conversation options.

That is, my Imperial Agent is level 50 and has completed all the conversations with his companions. If Vector becomes a male romance option, will my Agent have access to those conversations or will he be locked out? If the latter is the case, will there be any allowances made for those individuals who will have to re-roll their characters in order to have access to the content that was not implemented at release (as Bioware admits it should have been) or will they, for lack of a a better word, be sod out of luck?

This is another set of questions you can add to the ever growing list that still have yet to be acknowledged, let alone answered.

Thank you.

Excellently worded, and sums up exactly what I have been thinking for a couple of months :)

Unfortunately it's unlikely that we'll hear anything about SGRA's until the day before they hit the PTS, as a continuation of their ham-fisted attempt to avoid "controversy". Even then we're more likely to get all of our information from people on the PTS server (if there are any testers left by then), in spite of what Mr. Gonzalez has previously promised us.

Unfortunately it's unlikely that we'll hear anything about SGRA's until the day before they hit the PTS, as a continuation of their ham-fisted attempt to avoid "controversy". Even then we're more likely to get all of our information from people on the PTS server (if there are any testers left by then), in spite of what Mr. Gonzalez has previously promised us.

Perhaps. I feel like the people who have stuck with TOR the whole way through, despite all the hating, doom-and-gloomers, impatient quitters, and entitled ranters (ironic that this post is turning me into one), deserve at least some snippet of information more than what we've gotten on this topic. Considering it relates to story in a manner, and devs have even said it should have made launch, I'd say it's a rather large component of the game that's not in yet. No reason why we shouldn't have gotten more info by now.

Considering it relates to story in a manner, and devs have even said it should have made launch, I'd say it's a rather large component of the game that's not in yet. No reason why we shouldn't have gotten more info by now.

Yeah, and I also wouldn't consider this info spoilery since companion romance is in the game already...so yeah, not sure why we can't have some basic information.

If companion romance in general was a whole new feature or the SGRA's would be with new characters, then I could understand keeping silent on the details due to spoilers and what not.

They don't even need to give us the names of the companions, simply say:

They will be with existing companions - Yes/No

Existing characters which have completed conversations will be allowed access to romance conversations: Yes/No

It just strikes me as so simple that I have to agree with Uluain that there is a gag order in place. There's no other reason I can think of for this being so... argh... stupid.

23 Easy Ways To Instantly Make Your Day Better

I returned my angers.

Yeah, and I also wouldn't consider this info spoilery since companion romance is in the game already...so yeah, not sure why we can't have some basic information.

If companion romance in general was a whole new feature or the SGRA's would be with new characters, then I could understand keeping silent on the details due to spoilers and what not.

Exactly. Yet even then, companion romance in a BioWare game has pretty much become mandatory, since it's been available in any of their games I've played (which only extends to KotOR, DA:O, DA2, and some of ME1 - just can't get into it).

Sadly even those will likely get deleted as were posts early on about the cost of the armorings on the PTS. Simple posts telling how many BH comms each armoring would cost.

And ham fisted doesn't even come close to how absurdly byzantine his whole subject has become. It's more of a controversy how its been handled than any supposed fallout from just answering a few questions about a standard story element of Bioware games would have been, not to mention it has lost them customers.

Really, are they this dense or fearful? Dumb is fixable. You are harming yourselves (monetarily) more by your silence than anything some "group" could possibly do to this game. The only people who would raise a stink about SGRA's are the same people that got all pissy about Teletubbies. You honestly live in fear of calling attention to yourselves from those jokers?

Stop listening to whoever is holding your collective leashes. They have done more damage to your game's success than anything. Bugs can be fixed, poor decisions can be altered (Well except using the alpha of the Hero Engine and turning it into some Frankencode monster you hardly control from patch to patch, you're just gonna have to eat that one.), course can be changed. But utter silence not just on SGRA's but many other aspects of the game alongside arrogant sounding statements from devs on how they know better than we do (cause they got all the "metrics" :rolleyes:) has done more harm to the game and led to more unsubs than any other thing. At least IMO.

Just answer the freaking questions already.

Just answer the freaking questions already.

Yeah, but they scrapped the weekly Q&A because they (deliberately) misunderstood why people hated it and no longer read this thread, nor many of the other threads on this forum (unless it's something that exploded overnight), so our only course of action is to keep bloody pestering them about it.

And you're right. They probably will delete all PTS threads about SGRA's when(if) they get released, in an attempt to avoid "controversy".

Controversy

Meaning: We get to be discriminatory by hiding behind an illusion of caring and wanting to protect whatever minority we don't feel like engaging with.

Oh my god. I am deciphering political speak. I can hear them coming through the walls.

Exactly. Yet even then, companion romance in a BioWare game has pretty much become mandatory, since it's been available in any of their games I've played (which only extends to KotOR, DA:O, DA2, and some of ME1 - just can't get into it).

Don't forget Jade Empire, where they actually had SGRs.

I doubt it's so a much a gag order on SGRs so much as it is a gag order on all upcoming story elements. It's probably a blanket "if it's not DATE and directly related to the upcoming patch you can't talk about it".

Uluain was the one who came up with the theory. Given what happened to Mr. Hood's twitter post confirming what Mr. Amatangelo had said (it was removed) when compared with Bioware's willingness to share story details on other projects (HK-51 had no release, yet we were told about him; Makeb has no release, yet we know it to be a third faction planet which the Republic and Empire will fight over; etc.), it would be fair to say that SGRA's and the details thereof are being treated differently to other story content* and that if there is a gag order it is being applied with greater concern to SGRA's than other aspects of story content.

Please do also bear in mind that until recently any threads which contained even the vaguest hinting towards same-sex content in SWTOR where either locked and redirected to this one (ignoring whether or not this thread was actually relevant or referenced) or they were out-right deleted. Yes, this was apparently under Bioware's guise of protecting us from homophobes and their troll allies, but given that this is supposedly the repository of all information on this subject ever (and all of that having to be collected by us through long hours of screaming at the internet) and actually contains.. well, nothing but speculation, you can probably take a guess as to how that made people feel. Particularly when Bioware never did state that their deletion of same-sex query threads was to protect users from bigotry.

*Although that was pretty much a given when they decided it wasn't important enough to get same-sex content ready for release.

This is from the Guild Summit in March, with Daniel Erickson. Although he has left the company, several posters(including myself)have been writing the community team. They said that these statements still hold true. If you ever want any way to get a hold of Bioware employees respectfully and politely, please ask some of the members of this thread. We're getting a lot of practice. ;)

Since I understand why some posters are asking for proof about our ideas of SGRs with current companions, this is a video from the Guild Summit. It goes into a little more detail.

Here's

as requested.

So, with this in mind, that is why players currently have every reason to believe that at least some of the companions will be available for same gender romance content.

You beat me to it. I had to work this past weekend. Thanks for having my back. :)

Uluain was the one who came up with the theory.

Well, I think there likely is an over-arching policy of focussing on what is next in the roster. And while we have a whole slew of questions that have not been answered, we have had some information doled out regarding SGRs. I don't know that SGRs are in a particular category of not-to-be-discussed on account of controversy. I have simply observed what has not been said, and not been confirmed.

I read the new character blog for Kira and the romance part was gender neutral this time*.

I find that kind of funny considering what happened with the Kaliyo one.

*not that this means anything b/c it probably doesn't.

Oh, no - I think that they read this thread and our collective microanalysis of Kaliyo was noted. Also, this one is by Hall Hood. He has indicated his sympathy to the demand for same-gender romance before by tapdancing around an NDA to get us at least a little information.

So my money says it was deliberate. ;)