Dead Server and I'm not transfering?

Ignobull

If your on a dead server and you do not transfer what happens? The way I see it the population is already small, if people start getting free transfers off of the server the population is only going to get smaller. Will they merge servers? Will they force me to transfer?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually they would bring in the wrecking ball and evict you just like the little old lady in the old twilight zone episode. She didn't leave and decided to delete her character instead at the suggestion of Robert Redford (death). A cool episode. Edited by Pcolapat

Eventually they would bring in the wrecking ball and evict you just like the little old lady in the old twilight zone episode. She didn't leave and decided to delete her character instead at the suggestion of Robert Redford (death). A cool episode.

Eventually you'll be the last person on the server and you'll finally have time to read all the books in the Sith Library.

You have been given a chance to move to a server that will have more population than your current server. And you will not take that chance for some reason (pride? laziness? fear of losing your "unique" name? etc.)

Of course you will be left in a "dead-er than dead" server.

Make your choice.

Edited by Denki_

I'm more worried about my friends that I hope will come back one day then myself, if I leave with a free transfer, and they resub 6 months from now, will I have to reroll on their server... yet again...

I dunno, I've thought of leaving an alt on my dead server just so I can actually have the satisfaction of having the server all to myself. It's a weird thought that we might have dozens of completely empty servers still online but that seems to be where its heading.

Kinda like being allowed to wander about an empty theme park all alone at 2 am.

Edited by Amorl

Pretty sure they are basically merging without saying it for PR purposes.

The way they are doing it suggests that they are taking servers with the lightest pop and making xfers, then they will add more and more to the list, keeping the ones on that are the lightest, and quietly merging what's left at some point.

I'm more worried about my friends that I hope will come back one day then myself, if I leave with a free transfer, and they resub 6 months from now, will I have to reroll on their server... yet again...

If they are really your friends, why not give them a call and say, "Hey, they are letting us transfer off of our dead server and putting us into a more populated one."

If they are really your friends, why not give them a call and say, "Hey, they are letting us transfer off of our dead server and putting us into a more populated one."

this would be too easy... TOR trolls must make it as hard for themselves as possible so they can claim an legitimate issue

you'd eventually quit the game or transfer. if you were the one and only person on your server there'd be no pvp or groups and no GTN. you could do the solo quests and pve dailies, but if you seriously just want a first person shooter or a fantasy rpg, you're much better off going with a console game like skyrim or reckoning. heck even force unleashed if you want to stay in the SW universe or get yourself an original old-school xbox and go with KOTOR 1 and 2.

I have settled on Fatman, and that's the only server I care to transfer my characters to(on 2 different servers). So I have no plans of going through the transfer process when the free transfers are available. If they decide to merge servers so be it. . .but I wont be going through the hassle until I can transfer to fatman(i dont mind a small fee)

I know my main on a dead PvE server will not be able to FREE transfer to the RP-PvP server where i have 2 alts (lvl 45 and 11). So i plan on keeping him there on the dead server and molesting costumer service until they give in or ban me. Balls in your court BW. I've already been disappointed in ME3, dont let me down again.........but you will..... :confused:

The main reason someone might not do it is to wait for the ability to transfer to a sever of their choice, rather than be assigned (some folks want to move to/from a different type of server than theyare on now). But even then, Id take the transfer now and do it again later

I wondered this, seems a bit silly. Why not just merge the servers? KInda get the feeling this will happen in the end but I guess if you get a free tarnsfer and then have to rename chars and legacy you wont be so upset but if they just more you you will be?

There really are no limits to the ridiculous troll posts in this forum. This is beyond silly. I could reroll tomorrow and have fun on one of the transfer server destinations. This is a FUN game after all.

There are 8 classes and 16 specs so pic one on a destination server. Think of all the new complaining you could do! :eek:

if your friends are silly enough to not return before the transfers and take advantage of the free transfers being offered they can always pay for a transfer later on ...consider it a perk of being subbed at the times of transfers..

i know i for one will not feel bad for anyone who returns 6 months from now and cries that they cant get a transfer for free..

I'd be tempted to leave an alt or two on a dead server when I transfer my mains, if we'd get cross-server mail and I can scavenge and slice and collect unusual eggs without competition and send the spoils to my mains :p

You have been given a chance to move to a server that will have more population than your current server. And you will not take that chance for some reason (pride? laziness? fear of losing your "unique" name? etc.)

Of course you will be left in a "dead-er than dead" server.

Make your choice.

Some people have small guilds on those servers and have no reason to move. You might want to consider those possibilities, also BioWare needs to look at the ramifications that other developers had by forcing people to move.

I'm on a well populated server but I understand those on a quiet server that don't want to move.

If your on a dead server and you do not transfer what happens? The way I see it the population is already small, if people start getting free transfers off of the server the population is only going to get smaller. Will they merge servers? Will they force me to transfer?

You get a server all to yourself, meaning you can do whatever you want and go crazy. Your friends will become the vendors at the fleet, who end up having to help you in operations because they lose all the business from players. After a few weeks the entire republic fleet joins you in order to complete all 3 operations on nightmare mode before invading the opposing faction's fleet to combine them together, as your legacy ends up ruling the galaxy.

But by the time you hit 50 on your 8th character and have complete control of the galaxy, a CS rep comes onto your server and tells you it is being closed down, in a rage your entire legacy attacks him at once, you kill him but his death is sensed by bioware's secret fleet, which invades the galaxy destroying your combined republic and imperial fleets before shutting down the server forever.

There really are no limits to the ridiculous troll posts in this forum. This is beyond silly. I could reroll tomorrow and have fun on one of the transfer server destinations. This is a FUN game after all.

There are 4 classes and 12 specs so pic one on a destination server. Think of all the new complaining you could do! :eek:

fixed

I'd be tempted to leave an alt or two on a dead server when I transfer my mains, if we'd get cross-server mail and I can scavenge and slice and collect unusual eggs without competition and send the spoils to my mains :p

Eggsactly!!!! Good idea!!!! But also think of all the players you can knock out of the orokeet nest :-) it's so much fun tee hee.