Advice Needed (400 Treasure & Slicing, 97 Scavenging)

jonathius

I need advice on my crew skill situation. I picked Treasure Hunting, Slicing and Scavenging with the intention of just having crew skills to generate money. However, I fell behind on Scavenging and was wondering a good replacement for it or should I change something else? Any advice is greatly appreciated :) (lvl 50 Sniper btw).

Thanks,

Kyeran

Not sure where you went wrong, but scavenging is easy to raise while leveling if you take some extra time and scavenge. if you pick up scavenging later, then your options are either missions, or going back to the lower level areas and working your way up. I do not think gathering skills are any slower to level through missions than other skills, but i have never tested it. really if your just looking for cash you might be better off dropping scavenging for one of the mission skills like underworld trading, and going that route. if you want to stick with scavenging then you could just tear through lower level flashpoints and scavenge all the droids. Edited by jmnormand

Tearing through low level flashpoints is a possibility . . . but on my server i think just sending your companions out on missions would be profitable or at least break-even given the current GTN prices of low level scavenging materials. Check your own GTN and do the math for a 50% undercut . . . I bet even at that level you can break even.

I actually found that Scavenging is the best of the gathering skills. The reasons are that there always seems to be a great deal of mats to gather, the mats go for a good price on the GTN and sell well, the skill provides mats essentil to other crafting.

I actually had an alt stall out because of Scavaging. Whle leveling, I came across an area on a low level planet that had so many nodes to hit and droids to kill and skin that I kept coming back. Everything gathered sold for a decent price and I soon found that my low level alt had more credits than my level 50 main. At level 50, I am finding that the dailies provide a great deal of mats (again through nodes and skinning) and that I have had to extend my cargo hold areas to store them and that is after selling off most of what I collect. My wife and I craft and love having an unending pool of mats to draw upon.

So my advice would be to go back and pound the scavaging to bring the level up and sell off what you gather. If you do that and have your companions run missions (very cheap at all but the highes levels), you should be at 400 in no time and have a valuable skill that will serve you well.

my tip is, drop scavenging take biochem, buy of the ah bioanalysis materials to power level it and enjoy using the reusable medpacks :)

Medpacs aren't that expensive though. And the Rakata stims you make via Biochem are inferior to the Exotech ones. Biochem seems to be much better skill for PvP, as a PvE player I find it rather underwhelming. Like a soggy pizza.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.