HK-51: Minimum of 1 Empire and 1 Republic Toon On Same Server to Unlock

Well thats flat out crap. I have a Republic server and a Imperial server, simply because whats the point of cluttering up a server with alts that can't help each other in terms of crafting/items/money?

Um you know you can mail any BOE/Credits/BtL item to both factions. I do it all the time.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know, the alternative method probably won't be as cheap as 5 million credits... Nor should it be, I think. HK-51 is a companion. And I, for one, am very glad that this might mean that not everyone and their grandma will have one first week of whenever it's available.

It should be hard to get, it should take effort.

P.S. - My guild and I keep in touch cross-faction very well. It's called "Vent". ;)

but I don't wanna put in any effort ... I just want BW to hand me everything I want when I want it and ignore everyone else's wishes for the game

Just so you know, the alternative method probably won't be as cheap as 5 million credits... Nor should it be, I think. HK-51 is a companion. And I, for one, am very glad that this might mean that not everyone and their grandma will have one first week of whenever it's available.

It should be hard to get, it should take effort.

P.S. - My guild and I keep in touch cross-faction very well. It's called "Vent". ;)

Yes, but Vent is not developed by Bioware :) . IF they ask us to cross-faction, then THEY have to provide the necessary tools to have at least comms.

And you`re prolly right... 10-25-50 mils might be.. more like 25 ... or roll the said alt ...

Oh well... it`ll take me 7 days to level that darn lvl 33, so.... whatever. But it`s still cheap, for the reasons stated above. Pay money that statistically only 1% of the population has it, or, like... do what we want you to do = level at least one more alt to 50, on the other side no less... IF you haven`t already that is.

but I don't wanna put in any effort ... I just want BW to hand me everything I want when I want it and ignore everyone else's wishes for the game

I almost clapped... I said it is wrong to force cross-faction (edit : ty JeramieCrowe ). I NEVER said it should be easy. Feel free to prove me wrong, though. Or, you know... troll somewhere else.

Edited by Styxx

Yes, but Vent is not developed by Bioware :) . IF they ask us to cross-faction, then THEY have to provide the necessary tools to have at least comms.

And you`re prolly right... 10-25-50 mils might be.. more like 25 ... or roll the said alt ...

Oh well... it`ll take me 7 days to level that darn lvl 33, so.... whatever. But it`s still cheap, for the reasons stated above. Pay money that statistically only 1% of the population has it, or, like... do what we want you to do = level at least one more alt to 50, on the other side no less... IF you haven`t already that is.

Statistics are crap on that. I can tell you, I don't have 1 million credits on any character. However, as in the case of the Legacy level 20 Trooper armor that costs 1.2 million, I did dailies for 4 days, got 1.2 million, spent it. So, statistically, I still don't have 1 million credits.

I work it up as I need it. I don't stockpile credits. That doesn't mean it's too expensive because the credits are easy to get. And since I have 2 50s now, it'd only take me 2 days to get 1.2 million.

HK will get to equip droid cores

Making him a hugely important companion

Bioware needs to not give him any crafting bonuses or take out the double faction requirement.

I'm sure it will never make it that far anway.

I almost clapped... I said it is wrong to force cross-faction (edit : ty JeramieCrowe ). I NEVER said it should be easy. Feel free to prove me wrong, though. Or, you know... troll somewhere else.

so? there will always be 'hard' stuff that other people just not like.

imagine the uproar of pve-only people if there was some companion only joining you if you had a certain valor rank?

I bet there will already be enough complains about the normal quest to get him, I BET.

so, this time it's something .you. don't like. next time it will be something someone else doesn't like.

Statistics are crap on that. I can tell you, I don't have 1 million credits on any character. However, as in the case of the Legacy level 20 Trooper armor that costs 1.2 million, I did dailies for 4 days, got 1.2 million, spent it. So, statistically, I still don't have 1 million credits.

I work it up as I need it. I don't stockpile credits. That doesn't mean it's too expensive because the credits are easy to get. And since I have 2 50s now, it'd only take me 2 days to get 1.2 million.

Well... it will come down to paying money that you don`t have, or do what their intention is. Which would not be SUCH a bad thing, but there can be complications.

And by being so open about it, makes me think he didn`t think about them, which makes this a half-assed solution.

Now, if you`ll excuse me, I`ll go buy a crash helmet and wait for the actual companion and how it can be found.

Bioware needs to not give him any crafting bonuses or take out the double faction requirement.

You are right they should just scrap the whole HK-51 companion and give us carebear companions. With rainbows and sunshine.

I can say what others say to. If they don't leave it as double faction requirement. I will unsub! :p

Well thats flat out crap. I have a Republic server and a Imperial server, simply because whats the point of cluttering up a server with alts that can't help each other in terms of crafting/items/money?

You realize that you can mail anything (that's not bound) between all characters in the same Legacy regardless of faction, right?

Legacy is single-server. That's why when they bind stuff to your legacy, it means it's bound to one server.

so? there will always be 'hard' stuff that other people just not like.

imagine the uproar of pve-only people if there was some companion only joining you if you had a certain valor rank?

I bet there will already be enough complains about the normal quest to get him, I BET.

so, this time it's something .you. don't like. next time it will be something someone else doesn't like.

I`ll have a blast running that quest, regardless of how hard or easy it will be. Just that it is a VERY hard game to play by yourself, especially among those kitten lovers PJ wearing .... people. :p

why would equipping droid cores make him hugely important?.. there are already a bunch of companions that can and they are no more important than the ones who wear normal armor... if anything they are less important because it's more of a pain in the *** to get them proper gear

I'm sure at the end of the day the only advantage HK-51 will have is the coolness factor of him being an HK droid... other than that he will just be another run of the mill companion

Edited by Liquidacid

Well unless your one of those people who goes out and hits nodes all day missions critting is how you make your money.

Like i said this wont happen. Two faction requirement is ridiculous in a game with such horrible faction balance.

I`ll have a blast running that quest, regardless of how hard or easy it will be. Just that it is a VERY hard game to play by yourself, especially among those kitten lovers PJ wearing .... people. :p

as I said pages ago... play a smuggler.

If the requirement is "have one of each faction to UNLOCK". Hold a slot to "roll" an oposite to your main faction toon. Do the quest and unlock HK-51 ... then delete toon you don't want. I can't imagine that you would have to keep the toon for the companion to remain unlocked. Having to deal with all the complaints about "locking up at least 2 slots" in a already low slot list per server would be overwhelming to say the least.

If they grant extra character slots it wont be an issue... otherwise there will be a lot of angry people. Requiring people to delete characters to make new ones for new content would be incredibly stupid.

I highly doubt they will do that, I think by now they got the 'tiny little hints' that lots of people want more char slots. especially with a new playable species on the doormat it would be super silly of them to not give us at least 1-2 new slots :mad:

I highly doubt they will do that, I think by now they got the 'tiny little hints' that lots of people want more char slots. especially with a new playable species on the doormat it would be super silly of them to not give us at least 1-2 new slots :mad:

Well, since they actually came out and said in a Q&A on this site that providing more character slots are on the way, pretty sure you can say they got the "hint". ;)