Team death match warzones

NeverRose

No from me.

Afraid of being steamrolled by competetive PvPers?

Yup, the tactic of "respawn, run in, random AoE, they can't capture the turret now, trololololol" won't work.

Also, I didn't say "remove current warzones".

There should be disparity.

Yup, the tactic of "respawn, run in, random AoE, they can't capture the turret now, trololololol" won't work.

i would remove the sidespeeders in Civil War.

Voidstar is flawed anyway.

There should be disparity.

I am all up for disparity.New objective based mechanics.

Edited by Sabredance

Yes, because spamming buttons and killing people takes skill in an MMO... nope. Huttball with nothing but autoattack and utility would be skill.

Otherwise its a WHO-CAN-DEEPS-FASTAR contest. Yes, I know you come with tanks and what not, but tanks and heals really shine at defense, which means they - as defenders - cannot fulfill their role to the fullest. And besides, taking an objective usually requires you to kill other people.

I vote no.

Yes, because spamming buttons and killing people takes skill in an MMO... nope. Huttball with nothing but autoattack and utility would be skill.

Otherwise its a WHO-CAN-DEEPS-FASTAR contest. Yes, I know you come with tanks and what not, but tanks and heals really shine at defense, which means they - as defenders - cannot fulfill their role to the fullest. And besides, taking an objective usually requires you to kill other people.

I vote no.

Spamming buttons? How ignorant.

Premade coordination, assisting target, swapping targets, tactical retreat, proper positioning is spamming buttons in your opinion. Oh I would love to face your group 4 vs 4 and prove how wrong you are.

Most of top PvP guild left this game because of the lack of Team Death Match Warzones btw. Objectives are boring and for some reason rewards are strictly tied to them.

However as I said, it's a matter of preference. I said "keep current warzones" sure, but add TDM aswell. Why the hell not? Let the true PvPers have some fun.

Arena style WZ's are just boring. Everything you mentioned about TDM WZ's playstyle is required in objective based WZ's. This will become obvious when ranked WZ's come out and at higher rankings. Those that can't FF targets effectively with assisting focus target (offensive leader) will not be able to hit the higher rankings.

Although it's a nice idea I don't really see the sense of it as a separate WZ. Take 8 players with you against 8 from another guild and go at it in an open world PvP game. Hopefully some incentives are introduced to make open world pvp come to light again.

Most of top PvP guild left this game because of the lack of Team Death Match Warzones btw.

Really? And here I thought it was lack of end game content, rated warzones, dying server populations, Diablo 3 etc that were the cause of it?

Dont make stupid baseless comments or no one is going to take you seriously, ever.

For the record, im all for variety, but the server populations absolutely cant handle splitting the PVP communities of servers right now without gimping the other side it. Even on the more populated servers.

No from me.

Actually, deathmatch warzones would the BEST thing that could happen, as long as you can specific queue for it and it's out of the random queue.

Why?

Because it would get all the idiot deathmatch Call of Duty kiddies out of my objective warzones permanently.

Addition by subtraction, people... addition by subtraction.

Edited by YanksfanJP

Premade coordination, assisting target, swapping targets, tactical retreat, proper positioning is spamming buttons in your opinion. Oh I would love to face your group 4 vs 4 and prove how wrong you are.

Most of top PvP guild left this game because of the lack of Team Death Match Warzones btw. Objectives are boring and for some reason rewards are strictly tied to them.

However as I said, it's a matter of preference. I said "keep current warzones" sure, but add TDM aswell. Why the hell not? Let the true PvPers have some fun.

TDM is not any measure of skill.

If it comes to TDM, you will see a huge class and build disparity. TDM takes away the whole concept of map and metagame awareness that objective-based PvP brings to the table. There is nothing special about focus firing, or chain stunning. When my server was active, any guild could execute these things flawlessly. The thing that set my guild apart from other guilds was the metagame sense and map awareness of objectives which put us in another league altogether.

Actually, deathmatch warzones would the BEST thing that could happen, as long as you can specific queue for it and it's out of the random queue.

Why?

Because it would get all the idiot deathmatch Call of Duty kiddies out of my objective warzones permanently.

Addition by subtraction, people... addition by subtraction.

Sir, you win a you-are-correct-cookie.

TDM in MMO's - No.

I kinda liked 2v2 and 3v3 in WoW, but with teams bigger than that, I don't like to play TDM styles.

Edited by iphobia

Really? And here I thought it was lack of end game content, rated warzones, dying server populations, Diablo 3 etc that were the cause of it?

That too.

Dont make stupid baseless comments or no one is going to take you seriously, ever.

Work on your anger management. Your comment is just as "stupid" as mine in this case.

For the record, im all for variety, but the server populations absolutely cant handle splitting the PVP communities of servers right now without gimping the other side it. Even on the more populated servers.

I know many people who would gladly return if TDM WZs were implemented.

TDM is not any measure of skill.

There is nothing special about focus firing, or chain stunning.

Suprisingly, not many premades are capable of these simple activities.

Bottom line - It's a word against word. This game is 70-80-90% PvE oriented so obviously it's filled with people who are afraid of real competition, I understand that.

In your eyes TDM is not the ultmate proof of skills, In mine it is. Any tard in def gear can sit on the objective and spam random AoE. Same argument as yours.

On ToFN, when we face better imp guilds, in for example Voidstar, it's usually a tie...I wonder why :rolleyes:

If one side is losing it's usually due to pug dependancy.

8 man queues will be the first step to blame/praise no one else but your own premade. TDM would be the second.

i would remove the sidespeeders in Civil War.

Voidstar is flawed anyway.

I am all up for disparity.New objective based mechanics.

The side speeders are a joke. Why allow the defending team to have the advantage? Everyone should run back from the middle.

Sir, you win a you-are-correct-cookie.

TDM in MMO's - No.

I kinda liked 2v2 and 3v3 in WoW, but with teams bigger than that, I don't like to play TDM styles.

Yea, because RMP wasn't hard to play at all right.

Premade coordination, assisting target (Hey, everyone focus ___), swapping targets (Hey, now let's all focus ___), tactical retreat (Kay, You all Guardian leap to me, then I'll Pull the last one to me, then we run two steps to the left to LoS), proper positioning (You melees just charge in because that's all you can do, you ranged sit over there --->) is spamming buttons in your opinion. Oh I would love to face your group 4 vs 4 and prove how wrong you are.

Objectives require killing and doing objectives.

Killing just requires killing.

TDM is a subset of objective based game. Youre saying objective based play is boring. You're probably playing the people who(m) ignore you and run for the huttball. You also think that's annoying because in your mind, you came to kill people, not win games.

Rewards are tied to the game objective. You are not rewarded for /dancing at the endzone, because that's not how you play huttball. The same applies to ignoring it and just DPSing. You will not - nor should you - get as fully as rewarded as someone who actually played the objective.

Objectives are boring to you because it's just not what you want to do. Others will think otherwise.

TDM can be introduced if we are allowed to choose our gametype... but then nobody will play Huttball >.<.

Sure, premades slightly raise the skillcap to allow you to coordinate, but there are very few creative applications of abilities in MMOS (What I mean is abilities aren't designed to have an obvious use, and then a use that, when coordinated correctly, give a huge advantage. And if there are indeed some, then I have missed them. Chain Pulling is technically strategy, yes, but it's so simple it's like calling this game skill).

EDIT: At least the OP seems to be at least intelligent (contrary to most people, seeing that it' word against word). Basically PvP in MMOs will never be competitive -in my eyes- without some sort of system that actually makes gear equal. Right now, Performance ingame = gear + strategy = time invested + strategy.

If PvP were to actually be competitivem performance ingame were to equal = strategy, which would take gear out of the equation... literally...

Edited by Zunayson

I'm sure if I ran with a premade that just runs around like idiots chasing kills down instead of doing objectives, I would also be in here asking for TDM matches.

TDM is the most boring and repetative form of gameplay, at least ask for arenas.

And I agree with the poster who called the OP stupid for saying people quit from a lack of TDM. It was definitely the funniest part of this post.

Go play an FPS if you want TDM.

Objectives require killing and doing objectives.

Killing just requires killing.

Mno, objectives require just doing the objectives. You don't need to kill ppl to cap nodes, you don't need to kill ppl to defend, hutball score... etc.

Objective play favors suicide runs (especially on defense), and not carrying if you live or die.

Arena, makes you value your life and that of your team mates. It teaches you how to better stay alive and kill your enemy. -> it teaches ppl how to play their class, and learn other classes abilities so they don't end up on the forum WHINING about crap they don't understand.

Objectives only teach you to complete objectives, without requiring you to know jack about pvp. -> which results in a lot of ppl WHINING on the forum because they don't understand crap about game mechanics and other classes, and can't properly play their own

Now, tell me which one is more about player vs player? Arena

Because WZ's are player vs player vs objectives.

Edited by Dmasterr

Objectives in warzones.

Make pvp complicated and out come the cry babies demanding TDM.

You want TDM because the objectives are to complicated for you. Lie to us and yourself all you want. Its the truth.

There is skill in killing players. You have to have some semblance of skill to kill people. In that same regard there is A LOT more skill in killing players and completing a competitive objective. If you think you can do one without the other you're going to lose most of your rated games. Assuming rated ever comes out.

This Crap about WZ being PvPvE is a joke. Quit being terribad. Its called Player Vs Player. If you're competing against other players its PvP. If you don't think so, well that's because you're bad.

The side speeders are a joke. Why allow the defending team to have the advantage? Everyone should run back from the middle.

They just have to give you another way out of spawn because to take the west turret you have to eithe drop in the middle when you can be farmed or go the long way and burn time.

Please make it happen.

Currently, every WZ is objective based. Why?

Team death match is the true tester of premade's skill and coordination.

Because that's totally not how objectives work?

Please make it happen.

Currently, every WZ is objective based. Why?

Team death match is the true tester of premade's skill and coordination.

This is what open world PVP is for. Unfortunately, the outlaw's den is a ghost town most of the time.

Mno, objectives require just doing the objectives. You don't need to kill ppl to cap nodes, you don't need to kill ppl to defend, hutball score... etc.

Objective play favors suicide runs (especially on defense), and not carrying if you live or die.

Arena, makes you value your life and that of your team mates. It teaches you how to better stay alive and kill your enemy. -> it teaches ppl how to play their class, and learn other classes abilities so they don't end up on the forum WHINING about crap they don't understand.

Objectives only teach you to complete objectives, without requiring you to know jack about pvp. -> which results in a lot of ppl WHINING on the forum because they don't understand crap about game mechanics and other classes, and can't properly play their own

Now, tell me which one is more about player vs player? Arena

Because WZ's are player vs player vs objectives.

You're arguement seems like it's strictly from a DPS perspective. Objective-based WZ's do teach players how to value their life and learn their classes abilities. Take Huttball for example, a tank is going to want to guard his ball carrier and the use taunts on the attackers to try and keep his buddy alive long enough to score or make a pass. A healer is going to want to heal the tank and the ball carrier to keep them alive long enough to score or make a pass. DPS are going to want to to use their stuns, snares, and of course damage to clear the path so that the ball carrier can score or make a pass. You need to know how to play your class to do these things, especially when resource management becomes an issue.