What time will the PTS come online Today

Hmille

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Bioware cant give us a rough time is beyond me?, they know what time the PTS will be up

More suspense and guessing, though i wouldn't expect anything else really, as this sums up BW.

There commutation and letting there players know information has been like since day 1 and this has been one of the reasons why this game has struggled, you cant grasp that BW can you?

This is not being impatient, this is ppl simply wanting to know what time roughly the PTS will be avaliable

Edited by kmufc

Why Bioware cant give us a rough time is beyond me?, they know what time the PTS will be up

More suspense and guessing, though i wouldn't expect anything else really as this sums up BW.

well lets see, when they give an eta people take the eta as a set in stone time or date and not an estimated time of arrival as eta states and then scream like hell thats its not come at the suggested time. So its soon and tough and we can only blame us the playerbase for these new actions bioware are taking.

cos lets say for example they had said 12 gmt is the eta, 12 came and it wasnt up the milisecond after 12 gmt had hit the forums would be flooded with why isnt the pts up, you said 12.

Edited by Shingara

well lets see, when they give an eta people take the eta as a set in stone time or date and not an estimated time of arrival as eta states and then scream like hell thats its not come at the suggested time. So its soon and tough and we can only blame us the playerbase for these new actions bioware are taking.

cos lets say for example they had said 12 gmt is the eta, 12 came and it wasnt up the milisecond after 12 gmt had hit the forums would be flooded with why isnt the pts up, you said 12.

I'm not sure there are enough people excited about this that there would be a "flood" on the forums.

No the smartest thing to do would be to actually give a time frame in this case so that people could actually plan around the testing.

People who care enough about the game to actually download and test on a PTS are also more likely to understand when said server has issues in the opening hours of testing. Well one would like to think so anyway.

sadly this is very true.. the players of this game in general do not seem to understand the acronym ETA means estimated time of arrival.

which is the approximate time it will get there... sadly the truth of the matter is..they want it they want it now, and because they do not understand HOW it goes from development to release, they assume the process is as fast as microwaving a slice of yummy yummy bacon...

it happens alot in the world a day world too.. eta., etc, etd they are all estimates, and they are all pretty much ignored as rough times and taken as set in stone times...

bioware cant give estimates for fear of people freakign out and rage quitting the game, they say soon , and very soon, becuase it is safer to have people waiting and angry, than leaving and angry because the game is 10 minutes later than 12.

I'm not sure there are enough people excited about this that there would be a "flood" on the forums.

No the smartest thing to do would be to actually give a time frame in this case so that people could actually plan around the testing.

People who care enough about the game to actually download and test on a PTS are also more likely to understand when said server has issues in the opening hours of testing. Well one would like to think so anyway.

well there is the crux of the situation, they did give an estimate, today :cool: but its not the people who are wanting to test that are the problem, its the hipster crowd who want to flame away and just want the tiniest excuse to flame on.

Edited by Shingara

well there is the crux of the situation, they did give an estimate, today :cool: but its not the people who are wanting to test that are the problem, its the hipster crowd who want to flame away and just want the tiniest excuse to flame on.

Oh sure I'm not arguing there won't be the random assortment of idiots that will cry about anything and then there are those that are just looking for something to complain about or to bash Bioware with. We have tons of those in this community...cough...Goretsu...cough.

My point is, even if they did everything perfectly to schedule, those people will still continue to behave that way, regardless.

Saying something like "we're gonna try and get them going by x time" would still have been nice for those of us that like to schedule our time wisely. For example, should I go to the gym this morning, or wait until the evening, etc.

I'm not complaining and I understand why they don't engrave things in stone. Just saying this is sort of a different case because I'd like to think the majority of people who actually care about the success of the game enough to test new patches are intelligent and reasonable enough to handle any delay or server issue that might spring up in the early hours of testing.

I'm an optimist, what can I say?

Oh sure I'm not arguing there won't be the random assortment of idiots that will cry about anything and then there are those that are just looking for something to complain about or to bash Bioware with. We have tons of those in this community...cough...Goretsu...cough.

My point is, even if they did everything perfectly to schedule, those people will still continue to behave that way, regardless.

Saying something like "we're gonna try and get them going by x time" would still have been nice for those of us that like to schedule our time wisely. For example, should I go to the gym this morning, or wait until the evening, etc.

I'm not complaining and I understand why they don't engrave things in stone. Just saying this is sort of a different case because I'd like to think the majority of people who actually care about the success of the game enough to test new patches are intelligent and reasonable enough to handle any delay or server issue that might spring up in the early hours of testing.

I'm an optimist, what can I say?

i and i bet the other guy agree with you completely. timings would be ideal, and a few people would accept them as being estimates.. but until the majority of people on the forums accepts eta as estimate i really dont realistically see it happening..and that makes me a sad panda.