Character Transfer, Server Populations and You

Patience seems to be a lost virtue these days. :confused:

Oh I absolutely know that. But I dont care. If they don't think DWC isn't qualified to be on the TOP of their list. Or by proxy, myself, then they don't get my money. They want me to wait, I wont. Never seen such blatant disregard of customer service, and I used to play WoW....

it's over. If youre on DWC ill be putting all my stuff on GTN for 1c each.

EDIT: meant to quote Shirv

Edited by Stridar

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I absolutely know that. But I dont care. If they don't think DWC isn't qualified to be on the TOP of their list. Or by proxy, myself, then they don't get my money. They want me to wait, I wont. Never seen such blatant disregard of customer service, and I used to play WoW....

You're ridiculous. You can't wait a week? They can't have every single server transferring at once. that would cause a huge frenzy and God only knows what kind of crashes would come in to play. They need to make sure each person is getting through smoothly otherwise if they had every single toon xfer at once and hypothetically they all lost their pvp gear... Would you want all those submitted tickets on your front door step?

You need to be patient and quit whining. You spoke of the ADHD gamers that want-want-want well guess who you are contibuting to?

So you personally are more important than the millions of other players? Just so we're clear.

God I hope Iron Citadel is a transfer OFF and not a destination server...

It could be good for Iron Citadel either way. We're like the 40th most populated out of 200+ servers. If we become a destination we may be able to grab 2 servers or something and have a pop like fatman. either way I think Iron Citadel is safe. ish. lol

So let me get this straight. You are throwing this self-entitled, egocentric rant because your server wasn't the FIRST wave of servers to be offered transfers, when you know for a fact that BW isn't done the transfer process yet, and in fact, BW just STARTED the process early this morning.

Grow up. The transfers await. If you can't hang tight for the remaining two or three days max to get transferred, then you have some serious problems which BW can't address.

You're ridiculous. You can't wait a week? They can't have every single server transferring at once. that would cause a huge frenzy and God only knows what kind of crashes would come in to play. They need to make sure each person is getting through smoothly otherwise if they had every single toon xfer at once and hypothetically they all lost their pvp gear... Would you want all those submitted tickets on your front door step?

You need to be patient and quit whining. You spoke of the ADHD gamers that want-want-want well guess who you are contibuting to?

Oh, he probably agrees that it can't happen all at once, but his majesty's server MUST come first.

So you personally are more important than the millions of other players? Just so we're clear.

Have you ever read The Giver or 1984? Just saying...

I'm not complacent to eat the cake no matter who gives it to me or what's in it, very different from being ADHD.

Edit: gosh darn it the reply button is completely wrong on this site, PorcelainDoll : REPLY TO YOU.

....did it just replace my words?! I cant say swear words? ie- ****, damn, etc

YEP it did. Im done. bye everyone. BW youll miss my $14.99, prob more so lately that no one plays this POS game.

Edited by Stridar

What about adding more character slots? I am really enjoying this game but seem not to have enough slots to try all of the things I'd like to try. Will there be an opportunity to earn/buy additional character slots later?

What about adding more character slots? I am really enjoying this game but seem not to have enough slots to try all of the things I'd like to try. Will there be an opportunity to earn/buy additional character slots later?

It is in the works. Although they haven't clarified what they are thinking of raising it to.

I'm glad all posts are being redirected to this steaming pile of poo of a forum thread so that we pretty much can't talk about server transfers and if we dare to will be buried within seconds!

You're talking about server transfers right now, and we are ALL reading it. So what is being "buried"?

Good to know BioWare has abandoned Death Wind Corridor. Resubbed last week for transfer, didn't come. Now I can stay on a sever with 2 people in RF, ~20 IF, 0 in most lvling areas at 6PM every night. Think I'll just not resub.

BioWare: Listen to this post. You had me, a fan boy of all your work and star wars, since late 2008. I waited and followed your game and blindly defended it. I listened to hundreds of hours of videos and podcasts, I pre-ordered CE 6 hours after you announced it, I played on Dec 13 (day -7) in the first wave at 7AM, I missed a week of work to play, I ran my own guild (with private vent, .com) with over 200 active users, and I finished all your PvP/PvE content.

Your arrogance and greed was too great. You saw this massive project culminating in 100s of full servers down the road. Instead of waiting for the demand of more servers (AND SAVING MONEY), you bought into the ADHD desires of today's gamer generation: No lines to enjoy the ride, well sometimes you have to wait for the good things in life. Waiting in a 5 min queue relates directly to me some of the best times I've had playing video games: Blackrock in World of Warcraft and waiting to play on D1 of Everquest, but to you it meant a failed launch.

Well congrats, you put way too many servers online, and when people left in droves, you left us last few loyal players alone, in an abandoned single player game that connected to the internet. Once my guild and everyone in my server left, I decided I'd come back when BW would obviously xfer everyone out. Instead I just got duped into $14.99 I will not spend again.

Why don't I just start over on another server you ask? Because I have thousands of hours invested and all my preferred player names, not to mention my Legacy. IMO Bioware dug itself in a bigger hole by adding Legacy and a whole new set of usernames you'll have to change when you HAVE to move from the server BioWare assigned me.

I truly never thought this would ever happen. But, sadly, you lost a fan boy today.

Why can't you just wait a couple of days until your server gets its turn? All low pop servers will have transfers available to them during this process. But it's pure ignorance to think that just because you're not first means that it's not happening at all. I just can't understand you people. Take a chill pill, breathe in to a paper bag, go take a walk outside... jesus christ.

What are people's problem? Do none of you understand that their goal is to make it so EVERYONE gets to play on a high pop server? If you are on a low pop server and are not on the list yet, THEN WAIT. You will be on the list. You will get to go to a higher pop server. Some servers will get their turn today, some tomorrow, some the day after, etc. Not everyone can be first.

You're talking about server transfers right now, and we are ALL reading it. So what is being "buried"?

It has been 6 minutes, try finding the post again in an hour. I wouldn't be surprised if this reponce even pushes it to the next page. Regardless this is the way to get the least dicussion on a topic possible.

So let's see... 15 or 20 servers a day and there are 400ish servers. Within 3 weeks everyone should be transferred. If they double the number of servers/day then this will only take about a week and a half, a bit less actually.

So anywhere from 10-20 days (give or take) from and including today is too long for folks to wait?

The pacing of the transfers seems designed to ensure the most servers have the best overall populations without any of them dipping too far into "the queue zone". Sounds like a decent approach.

It has been 6 minutes, try finding the post again in an hour. I wouldn't be surprised if this reponce even pushes it to the next page. Regardless this is the way to get the least dicussion on a topic possible.

So the problem isn't that Bioware is "burying" your post. It's that Bioware is giving EVERYONE their own say and now YOUR post isn't "standing out" in the forum?

How is Bioware suppressing discussion by keeping it all in one place? This way, if you have a concern that gets addressed, they don't have to repost the same answer in eighteen different threads.

The reason your post gets pushed back is because of multiple pages of "discussion" going on.

You HAVE to be kidding me with this...

Edited by Jaavik