Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Frankt

New space combat mission.

Why is someone not fired for thinking spending one second of resources on this monstrosity is a good idea?

All the things driving massive amounts of customers away that could perhaps keep them if fixed but no...lets release another 1992 space mission on rails!

/facepalm

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder how they're going to handle the current FPs and OPs when they're increasing the level cap.

Raise them up to the new cap? Or can we expect a whole bunch of new FPs instead.

The latter seems unlikely tbh, and BW's poor foresight up to this point makes me wonder if they've even though about the issue.

Yeah they better have the raids and FP at the new ll cap.And i'm afraid lvl cap will mess up pp gamealance ev en more.

- One more humanoid race? Ok... well.. same body size, same bodytypes, different head.

- Only ONE more warzones?

- A planet that looks almost the same like all others... I predict mobs standing around waiting plus corridor layout.

- One more railshooter mission (That wasn´t necessary...)

- A new companion, well, nice.

Errm.. sorry but I should be excited because of....?

New space combat mission.

Why is someone not fired for thinking spending one second of resources on this monstrosity is a good idea?

All the things driving massive amounts of customers away that could perhaps keep them if fixed but no...lets release another 1992 space mission on rails!

/facepalm

Same reason why DICE hasn't fired people for thinking Battlefield Premium is a good idea, or Maxis hasn't fired people for thinking Simcity Social is a good idea.

Same reason why DICE hasn't fired people for thinking Battlefield Premium is a good idea, or Maxis hasn't fired people for thinking Simcity Social is a good idea.

Because EA owns them? :rak_02: Only thing in common I can see,

- One more humanoid race? Ok... well.. same body size, same bodytypes, different head.

- Only ONE more warzones?

- A planet that looks almost the same like all others... I predict mobs standing around waiting plus corridor layout.

- One more railshooter mission (That wasn´t necessary...)

- A new companion, well, nice.

Errm.. sorry but I should be excited because of....?

It's not a requirement to be excited about the features above. If you're not, so be it. I thought it looked great.

So is this an expansion or a content patch?

Confused because of the raised level cap.

content patch with a pointless level capt what will ruin the game even more since making all that pvp gear and pve gear useless and all the FP's and Op's useless , a level cap should only come with content 5x the size they are putting out.

content patch with a pointless level capt what will ruin the game even more since making all that pvp gear and pve gear useless and all the FP's and Op's useless , a level cap should only come with content 5x the size they are putting out.

I believe that will be a good thing, especially with transfers (and server merges?) coming. It'll repopulate the worlds ;)

Raising the level cap seems like a really really really bad idea...

I mean new content is great, but it will compound the already horrendous problem we have at the current level cap. There is nothing to do at the cap. If you raise the cap even higher there will be even less level appropriate content to do.

Also there is no achievement system in place so there isn't even any incentive at all to revisit old content like there is in WoW. And honestly I don't know a single person in their right mind who would do it for the gear looks...

Not that I know off, a new planet is also pretty huge for just a content update. :D

Actually, I've heard of new locations being released via content patches before (IE Ruby Sanctum, ICC etc) :)

Edit: But yes. Very damn excited now.. But really? Who would have thought of Makeb as the new planet? I certainly didn't :)

Edited by Celwinn