Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Frankt

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't stick with a game the bumps up the level cap every 6 months (especially without expansion level content), the industry standard 12-18 months WITH expansion level content is enough for me.

Having to totally regrind PvE and PvP gear every 6 months........ I may as well be playing a F2P/P2W MMO.

I thought you already quit, like 10 weeks ago? El oh el.

This is a story-based game, and more class story can't have 18 months in between. We will probably be looking at 9-12 months for the first gap, but the rest will probably come around the 6-month mark. So, are you saying that you would be fine with another entire chapter to your story that does not provide increased rewards? A level cap increase should be expected with new class story content, especially considering:

Ch .1 = 30-odd levels

Ch. 2 = 8 or so levels

Ch. 3 = 10 or so levels

Ch. 4 = ? - could be 5 levels, but it may be more like 2 or 3

Now, this is predicated upon the assumption that the new class story content will be Chapter 4 in its entirety, but I feel pretty safe in said assumption. It also would not surprise me if the level cap increase wasn't 5 levels, or some other convenient number like it. If we do start getting story every 6 months or so, then only increasing the cap by 1-3 levels each time would be a good idea, and would largely negate the problems of balance, and trivializing content. Increase by 3, increase by 2, expansion increases by 5...looks like it would work nicely indeed. Except perhaps, to those OCD folks who seem to think that level cap increases can only come in multiples of 5.

More story. Another new Warzone, which may also be a new type. Another Operation. I am not sure, but I thought I heard Nightmare modes for Flashpoints, too? A new space mission that looks to be more epic (and perhaps has multiplayer or PvP ramifications). More story. A new planet that probably has more codex, exploration, and datacrons. Mega Servers (which WoW is also moving to, btw). Group Finder. More Story. Rated Warzones. All of this, on top of what we have already gotten this year...for free.

On a different note, I think it was a good announcement (thanks for the video links), but it was delivered poorly - he sounded like he was having an anxiety attack while he was talking.

Riôt

So? I still don't see what's wrong with Cathar. Perhaps they were just easier to implement than other species, I dunno. More playable species will be forthcoming -- no need to make a big deal about Cathar being the first.

Nah, it's simpler than that. WoW gets fuzzy bears aka pandas, we get cute kittens aka Cathar. And you guys think BW doesn't learn from other MMOs!

I am 100% against server transfers. They will make dying servers dead, and busy servers impossible to get into.

WE NEED MERGES NOT TRANSFERS

I don't care what they do....as long as I can do more in-game than just type "/dance" in Fleet. Literally, it's either that or grind trash mobs somewhere.

Merges. Transfers. Duplicate characters. Ima even run on the test server just so I can attack something player based.

Or actually do the smart thing and roll a new class on a populated server until you can transfer like i did instead of whining on the forums

But nah, **** that noise, that'd be too logical.

I work. I bite the bullet and grind 1 character for pvp. I'm not being forced to reroll.

Yeah...I did reroll. I've got one up to level 24. It took me 2 months to get to 50. Sorry I have a job. I'll see if I can quit to reroll a toon because Bioware release too many friggin servers and launch and botched their transfer capabilities. Totally my fault.

Or actually do the smart thing and roll a new class on a populated server until you can transfer like i did instead of whining on the forums

But nah, **** that noise, that'd be too logical.

That's a possible solution, provided you know the server you're moving to and the one you're leaving will be included in the list of those selected for server transfers.

I work. I bite the bullet and grind 1 character for pvp. I'm not being forced to reroll.

Yeah...I did reroll. I've got one up to level 24. It took me 2 months to get to 50. Sorry I have a job. I'll see if I can quit to reroll a toon because Bioware release too many friggin servers and launch and botched their transfer capabilities. Totally my fault.

Hmm , you seem to have all the time in the world to QQ here, strange.

I am 100% against server transfers. They will make dying servers dead, and busy servers impossible to get into.

WE NEED MERGES NOT TRANSFERS

The point is to make dying servers dead so they can be neutralized. Bioware made too many servers.

Nah, it's simpler than that. WoW gets fuzzy bears aka pandas, we get cute kittens aka Cathar. And you guys think BW doesn't learn from other MMOs!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "pandas" didn't exist in WoW until, you know, just recently. Cathar, on the other hand, have existed in the EU for quite some time, no?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "pandas" didn't exist in WoW until, you know, just recently. Cathar, on the other hand, have existed in the EU for quite some time, no?

Since KOTOR in any recognizable form.

Edited by Dezzi

If you know anything about the WoW lore, you'd know pandas have existed for quite some time as well, just not as rollable chars. Hence the comparison ;)

That's a possible solution, provided you know the server you're moving to and the one you're leaving will be included in the list of those selected for server transfers.

You assume I am suggesting that he should transfer those characters to the same one he re-rolls, considering he can transfer that time-filler as well, I don't see the problem.

Pandas didn't exist in WoW until EQ2 did it over a year ago. And yes, Cathar have existed for quite some time.

OK Server Merges/Transfers. If they block the heavily populated servers and left 3- 5 destination servers. Once everyone who needs to migrate has done so and then kill off the now empty servers then isn't the end result the same as a transfer? It's easier than merging as well - because it allows the indivdual to deal with the duplicate name problem when they choose to move as oppose to BioWare having to do it for the player.

Massive E3 Announcement

Firstly they didn't promote the fact that the game was goign free to play up to level 15. That'll get you to an advance level and part way through the second planet. That announcement, arguably the most significant indicator of a need to encourage new players sort of popped up at the end...

The rest of it left me underwhelmed. I mean I'm happy there is clear development, but it's much of the same and nothing I would categorise as "Massive" or even significant. I'd expect new planets, new species, new War Zone, new Operation from a standard patch like 1.4. I can't see them justifiably charging for this "Expansion" dangerous precedent IMO.

A little dissapointed that Space is still on rails.

Pandas have been in since Warcraft 3 and have been massively popular with fans of the series. Cathar were in KOTOR but I honestly forgot they were even in it, and KOTOR is one of my favorite games of all time. They weren't very memorable and they aren't as popular and the Pandas in WoW are.

Pandas didn't exist in WoW until EQ2 did it over a year ago. And yes, Cathar have existed for quite some time.

Its been forever since i played the old warcraft games but havent pandas been in the warcraft world for a very long time?

They did. They were introduced in Warcraft III:

"Perhaps the most interesting thing about the pandaren is the origins of the race. Of all the races in Azeroth, the pandaren are the least well known but one of the most beloved of many players of the original Warcraft games. The pandaren first showed up in Warcraft III, and from there, the loveable race of humanoid pandas grew exponentially in popularity. Though the original Warcraft and all subsequent games were carefully planned out, the enigmatic panderan began with an April Fools joke that spread like wildfire."