Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Frankt

They did. They were introduced in Warcraft III:

"Perhaps the most interesting thing about the pandaren is the origins of the race. Of all the races in Azeroth, the pandaren are the least well known but one of the most beloved of many players of the original Warcraft games. The pandaren first showed up in Warcraft III, and from there, the loveable race of humanoid pandas grew exponentially in popularity. Though the original Warcraft and all subsequent games were carefully planned out, the enigmatic panderan began with an April Fools joke that spread like wildfire."

I meant in the game. Sorry for any confusion my post may have caused. :p

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Long before KotOR. The first appearance of a Cathar was in 1994 in the Tales of the Jedi comic by Dark Horse.

Source

By the way, still confident about that "total revamp" of space combat? I ask because I'm curious why they would spend development resources on a new on-rails map if they were planning to scrap the whole thing and start over?

Edited by Dezzi

I meant in the game. Sorry for any confusion my post may have caused. :p

Lol, the responses in this thread come faster than I can come up with witty retorts :cool:

Edited by Sauska

By the way, still confident about that "total revamp" of space combat? I ask because I'm curious why they would spend development resources on a new on-rails map if they were planning to scrap the whole thing and start over?

Yes, I noticed that. So then, maybe they really are building something to go in tandem with the current rail-shooter instead of replacing it. Bottom line is, 3D multiplayer free-flight space content is on its way.

Seemed like quite the "recognizable form" in that comic to me. *shrugs*

In the sense that people gave a crap...

For example, when people think of chiss, they certainly remember the first example of them in the lore. Who forgets Grand Admiral Thrawn?

When people think of cathar, they--sadly--think of Juhani. This makes them most visible to fans post KOTOR.

Edited by Dezzi

Yes, I noticed that. So then, maybe they really are building something to go in tandem with the current rail-shooter instead of replacing it. Bottom line is, 3D multiplayer free-flight space content is on its way.

Where are you getting this "3D multiplayer free-flight space content is on its way" mumbo-jumbo from?

Edited by Dezzi

In the sense that people gave a crap. For example, when people think of chiss, they certainly remember the first example of them in the lore. Who forgets Grand Admiral Thrawn?

When people think of cathar, they--sadly--think of Juhani. This makes them most visible to fans post KOTOR.

*shrugs*

I think of Rasi Tuum, personally. But yes, I agree that more people will probably think of Juhani, which wasn't a bad character, either.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Where are you getting this "3d multiplayer free-flight space content is on its way" mumbo-jumbo from?

Y'know, the massive hints by the Devs, the poll about Space Combat and the Devs practically stating multiple times that this is what they'll be doing, do some research, you may be surprised.

Free to play to level 15 (starting in July)

New warzone: Ancient Hypergates (This year)

Level cap increase and new combat abilities (This year)

New companion: HK-51 Droid (This Year)

New playable species: Cathar (This Year)

Nightmare mode (This Year)

New Operation: Terror from Beyond (This Year)

New World to Explore: Makeb (This Year)

New space mission: Space Station Assault (This Year)

free to play to level 15.awesome,i always wanted the "asdjashdaj"random gold farmers to come in the game and bug me 24 hours of the day

new warzone,wow thats awesome.now i can get bored in a day from lolbattlegroundpvp

new level cap and combat skills.meh,whatever

new companion.yay,another companion to add to list to ones i never even use

new playable species.i guess if your species actually mattered outside of apperance this would be cool

nightmare mode,meh.i dont pve

new operation.same as above

new world to explore.meh,probably going to be fun for a week.then the same old same old

new space mission.everytime i tried these,i got mad cuz i kept failing them

Y'know, the massive hints by the Devs, the poll about Space Combat and the Devs practically stating multiple times that this is what they'll be doing, do some research, you may be surprised.

And this. James Ohlen did a focus poll on what type of space content people want, and the overwhelming winner of the poll was free-flight combat.

We've covered this already. Space PvP is coming, which necessitates a separation from rails.

No, it doesn't. It could easily be a situation where the rails converge at key moments during the mission, providing players an opportunity to take the other guy out.

It probably is, as they've hinted a number of times about a rather large space project being in the works, and I'm absolutely certain they didn't mean one more mission added to the current system. That said, I'm glad they're adding more on-rails space combat, since I personally like it. Doing the same maps over and over again is the only problem with it right now.

free to play to level 15.awesome,i always wanted the "asdjashdaj"random gold farmers to come in the game and bug me 24 hours of the day

new warzone,wow thats awesome.now i can get bored in a day from lolbattlegroundpvp

new level cap and combat skills.meh,whatever

new companion.yay,another companion to add to list to ones i never even use

new playable species.i guess if your species actually mattered outside of apperance this would be cool

nightmare mode,meh.i dont pve

new operation.same as above

new world to explore.meh,probably going to be fun for a week.then the same old same old

new space mission.everytime i tried these,i got mad cuz i kept failing them

Since everything is so boring, why do you even bother posting... Or playing game even...

Hints by developers? Really that's your evidence it's coming? Prepare for disappointment.

Community polls? Yes, that bastion of truthiness that dictates future content. Prepare for disappointment.

"Practically stating" is another way of saying, "I interpreted it to mean what I wanted it to."

Oh and the classic "do some research because I can't be bothered to provide supporting evidence for my statements" routine. Classic.

Edited by Dezzi

Hints by developers? Prepare for disappointment.

Community polls? Prepare for disappointment.

"Practically stating" is another way of saying, "I interpreted it to mean what I wanted it to."

Oh and the classic "do some research because I can't be bothered to provide supporting evidence for my statements" routine. Classic.

LOL!! In other words, you've made your mind up, and all the evidence in the world and even God himself won't change it until you see with your own eyes.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

LOL!! In other words, you've made your mind up, and all the evidence in the world and even God himself won't change it until you see with your own eyes.

No. Just that what she listed as evidence isn't evidence. ;)

Hints by developers? Really that's your evidence it's coming? Prepare for disappointment.

Community polls? Yes, that bastion of truthiness that dictates future content. Prepare for disappointment.

You really don't keep in the loop at all do you?

Between PAX East, the Q&A and the dev posts themselves, where exactly do you want me to start.

I think it's a real case of: 'I can't be bothered to actually go and find out for myself.' rather than me not providing the sources.

You really don't keep in the loop at all do you?

Between PAX East, the Q&A and the dev posts themselves, where exactly do you want me to start.

I think it's a real case of: 'I can't be bothered to actually go and find out for myself.' rather than me not providing the sources.

You could have used the time it took to make this post to instead provide me a link to these mythical statements that epic super duper 3D off-rails space flight was coming.

Edited by Dezzi