The Grind, The Grind...Aion 1.0

Cempa

Doing the War Hero optimization grind feels like a Korean game! I already have the War Hero set now try optimizing it for 75% Surge 3x% crit and rest power....Its pure madness.....

Couldn't the Korean game designers at BW give us mods and enhancements sold separately? :rak_01:

Edited by Cempa

I feel there's not enough grind in the game. . .not enough to keep the player playing for 'just a little bit longer'. It does make sense that this should be/feel like a grind though, it's all about optimizations. Yes, it's 100% optimized. . .but if you went without, it's not gonna make or break your performance I dont think(unless you were huge in 1v1 fights then you'd see the difference over time)

Doing the War Hero optimization grind feels like a Korean game! I already have the War Hero set now try optimizing it for 75% Surge 3x% crit and rest power....Its pure madness.....

Couldn't the Korean game designers at BW give us mods and enhancements sold separately? :rak_01:

Yeh, the 1% difference from optimizing your gear is totally game breaking and it is the reason you are losing in pvp. That 1% prevents you from being competitive. :rolleyes:

Don't you like being able to make minor tweaks by getting more comms after you get all the WH gear?

I mean without that, you're looking at either making an offset for a spec you might not even play in pvp...or gear companions. Not much fun in progression there.

Its far from 1%, a non optimized set sits at 6x% Surge and about 3x% to 4x% less Power!

In overall performance on average it could be as high as 50% and higher.

As for enjoyment of course I do but would it be so bad if they sold the individual Mods and Enhancements separately? Buying 6 boots and 6 chests feels like such a waste!

Even if we had rated we would not buy the rated gear, instead buy the crafted Augmented set which means we still need to:

1) Grind full WH Set.

2) Grind x10 or x12 of another piece or two just for one mod x5 and one enhancement x5 and throw the rest away.

:mad:

Edited by Cempa

You really compare swtor's ezmode to Aion?

Liek you get 100-300AP for a kill and you need 1 200 000 AP just to buy a mainhand? And you get even less if your rank is higher then your enemy's? And you lose AP if you get killed in PVP. Liek you lose 15 000 AP if a Rank XX warrior kills you when you're a General. And you get around 20AP from him.

Its far from 1%, a non optimized set sits at 6x% Surge and about 3x% to 4x% less Power!

As for enjoyment of course I do but would it be so bad if they sold the individual Mods and Enhancements separately? Buying 6 boots and 6 chests feels like such a waste!

Even if we had rated we would not buy the rated gear, instead buy the crafted Augmented set which means we still need to:

1) Grind full WH Set.

2) Grind x10 or x12 of another piece or two just for one mod x5 and one enhancement x5 and throw the rest away.

First of all i was talking about using BM mods/enhancements to optimize your gear. And that they have 2-3 stat points difference compared to their WH counterparts.

They are also CONSIDERABLE faster to acquire.

Second of all, please post the math that lead you to

I In overall performance on average it could be as high as 50% and higher. difference
. Because you are full of bull, if you think that taking 2-3 days to optimize your gear with BM mods, vs taking 1 month to optimize it with WH, you are going to achieve more than 1% difference.

1) Grind full WH Set.

You and me think a lot alike Cempa. I completely agree. I have two get two x the +39 Power MODS to put into two of my pieces still and I am also contemplating putting one +39 Power / one +39 Crit into my Orange Belt and Bracer (Already have Advanced 25 Armoring in there). Already did all the enhancements :p. Yeah its not a 1% difference if you properly optimize your gear which practically requires the same amount of comms as a second WH set.

Yeah its not a 1% difference

Please show math.

Like i said before 2-3 points difference in stats from BM mods to WH mods.

And if you think those 2-3 points from using BM gear mods, are gamebreaking lol @ you

Edited by Dmasterr

Are their any BM stuff that doesn't have Acc/Alacrity in the enhance slot? I thought when I was checking that out (as Vindicator BM is stupid heavy on Acc) I couldn't find anything suitable to buy.

While all that acc is a little less than great for my Jugg, I bet it's just horrible for Ops who have close to 0 need for it. At least alacrity, while worthless in PvE, has a little use in Pvp, though still, I bet most healers would rather that be another stat.

Although I cannot argue that the gring is annoyingly and unnecessarily long, I should mention War Hero gear seems to have been implemented as a ludicrous carrot on a stick while they fix their dysfunctional Rated Warzone play. War Hero was not meant to be grinded through regular Warzones but through Rated play. Unfortunately Bioware did not properly address this when they failed to provide Rated play. Edited by LeonHawkeye

Although I cannot argue that the gring is annoyingly and unnecessarily long, I should mention War Hero gear seems to have been implemented as a ludicrous carrot on a stick while they fix their dysfunctional Rated Warzone play. War Hero was not meant to be grinded through regular Warzones but through Rated play. Unfortunately Bioware did not properly address this when they failed to provide Rated play.

At least the carrot on the stick is working. It keeps ppl who got full WH gear playing for that 1% instead of afk-ing on the fleet, or stop logging.

At least the carrot on the stick is working. It keeps ppl who got full WH gear playing for that 1% instead of afk-ing on the fleet, or stop logging.

For a very few select. For most, including myself it merely enforces a broken and un-enjoyable setup. Something should have been offered in the meantime, it has been nearly 1 month and change yet nothing significant has happened to alleviate gross population issues, Warzone queues dying or properly address dropping populations game wide. While I admit to have enjoyed the War Hero Grind for 1 armor piece, I soon grew fed up and straight up quit, those wise and sensible enough to come to terms with the dysfunctional play will soon find themselves logging on less and less. :(

Please show math.

Like i said before 2-3 points difference in stats from BM mods to WH mods.

And if you think those 2-3 points from using BM gear mods, are gamebreaking lol @ you

Sith Assasins Stalker WH gear gives

crit surge power

stock 399 159 283

optimised 358 265 435

%diff -11.5 60 65

You can clearly see it's much more then 1%

Edited by Abukko

Sith Assasins Stalker WH gear gives

crit surge power

stock 399 159 283

optimised 358 265 435

%diff -11.5 60 65

You can clearly see it's much more then 1%

You need to read again what i said. I never compared it to stock gear.

And second, you need the whole picture, how much the difference is when all gear pieces are in play. You are not running around with only the set items.

The 5 piece set items, is not 100% of your performance capability.

Edited by Dmasterr

Did you play Aion before 2.6? God, let's just say I'm glad they made the grind easier, it was a massive grindfest before that. Nothing in this game even remotely compares to that, not even the War Hero grind, you can still achieve War Hero gear by losing matches.

You need to read again what i said. I never compared it to stock gear.

And second, you need the whole picture, how much the difference is when all gear pieces are in play. You are not running around with only the set items.

The 5 piece set items, is not 100% of your performance capability.

Those are the numbers for all wh stalker gear pieces. You want this compared to battlemaster gear which is worse? The difrence will only get bigger so your point is moot.

Stock BM vs stock WH isn't that big of a gap, it's when you start reslotting the unwanted mods and move them to augmented gear that will widen the gap. Players I know in full augmented WH gear outplay BM's often, hell they outplay some well geared Columi/Rakata players in operations sometimes. If they allowed Rakata sets to be moved, there'd be better options but only Campaign gear can have their set bonsues moved, and I don't know anyone with Campaign gear yet. Edited by Sookster

Those are the numbers for all wh stalker gear pieces. You want this compared to battlemaster gear which is worse? The difrence will only get bigger so your point is moot.

LoL

Compare it to WH gear customized with BM mods/enhancements. There is 3 point difference in stats between BM mods and WH mods.

(set+weapon) 6*3=18 stat point difference. Running 1800+ willpower how much is that? HMMMM?

Edited by Dmasterr

1) Grind full WH Set.

50 % is huge, by that measure you should be stomping everyone in NO TIME just with insightfull itemization changes !!! Damn that is so exciting.

This conclusion is based on the frequent post that you make stating you are already good at PvP and all those times you get crushed repeatedly by class X are an anomaly caused entirely by class imbalance. Yes those same events that trigger the overwhelming urge to rush to forums and make those nerf X post.

Edited by Stovokor

Not talking about willpower, it is stated those are only crit, surge, power ratings, because u only optimise gear for those stats not for willpower.

There is a 3 point difference in endurance, and 2 point difference in power/surge/alacrity/acuracy (between BM mods of your choice vs WH mods of your choice)

Here, in total.

all *6 = 18 wilpower

..........= 36 endurance (360 hp)

...........=36 power (or crit rating)

............=12 surge (or alacrity/acuracy)

............=60 expertise

Minus the mods/enhancements you already have from stock gear.

Are you telling me that those differences are GAME BREAKING? give me a break. You have in full gear 1800+willpower, 19k HP, 700 points split between power/crit rating

Edited by Dmasterr

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.