Crew Skills for iPhone/Andriod?

Kierz

+1

As long as it's for both iPhone AND Android. God, the apple vs. google flamewars are already intolerable, I've turned off general chat two times in 3 days for that alone.

Jeez people, they're PHONES. :eek:

You have to justify that amount for the phone + monthly charges somehow :p Most people do it via device-specific elitism.

Oh, and I also enjoyed the comment regarding server load. At first I discounted the idea, but thinking about it - it would help with the server queues, as there would be less people 'afk leveling' their skills.

Definitely a fantastic idea.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats wrong with you guys?

If that happens, we will have an inflation.

Everybody will craft the whole day via smartphone and will make a lot of items/money.

Everybody will be rich (except the people who can´t craft via smartphone because of work or they may dont have a smartphone)

Prices will raise....

SO: No difference to the market without crafting app. You will have the same purchasing power and some players will lose it complete....

BUT: You will lose real money (some people said they are ready to pay $5 each months extra) and you will spent a lot of time for crafting.... and thats without any reason: You won´t be richer then without app.

Guys live your life when you are not on the PC... A smartphone app would only steal your time/money without any advantage in game.

Edited by BurDo

Whats wrong with you guys?

If that happens, we will have an inflation.

Everybody will craft the whole day via smartphone and will make a lot of items/money.

Everybody will be rich (except the people who can´t craft via smartphone because of work or they may dont have a smartphone)

Prices will raise....

SO: No difference to the market without crafting app. You will have the same purchasing power and some players will lose it complete....

BUT: You will lose real money (some people said they are ready to pay $5 each months extra) and you will spent a lot of time for crafting.... and thats without any reason: You won´t be richer then without app.

Guys live your life when you are not on the PC... A smartphone app would only steal your time/money without any advantage in game.

Law of Supply and Demand. When the supply is high the prices are lower. People crafting all day will help keep inflation down.

Just a thought but they would be subject to Queue times on such an app??

Why? You're sending 10 bytes of data every 5 minutes a low levels. As your skills increase missions and crafting will take longer, much longer. There's no need for a queue on this one.

This is a good idea, however to stop people getting to 400 crafting and flooding the market whilst at work maybe increase the length of time it takes from the app.

6 Minutes for a mission is a long time when running round questing in game however when sitting at work 6 minutes is nothing and everyone would be sitting with their phones checking it every 5 minutes.

Maybe when using the app only one crew skill can be used at a time with one character and instead of 6 minutes to complete it takes about 40-50 minutes.

This is a good idea, however to stop people getting to 400 crafting and flooding the market whilst at work maybe increase the length of time it takes from the app.

6 Minutes for a mission is a long time when running round questing in game however when sitting at work 6 minutes is nothing and everyone would be sitting with their phones checking it every 5 minutes.

Maybe when using the app only one crew skill can be used at a time with one character and instead of 6 minutes to complete it takes about 40-50 minutes.

As you level up your skills you will find it can take up to hours to complete a mission.

There's no issue here, and the times do not need to be adjusted.

I would be concerned for the potential abuse of having 7 alts on a server running slicing missions. I agree with the person who said that if such a thing is created, it would need to be well thought out and regulated. Only one character running missions at a time.

This.

Law of Supply and Demand. When the supply is high the prices are lower. People crafting all day will help keep inflation down.

Not exactly. We have some unflexible things:

- Price for missions to get material for crafting = You can´t drop your companions "salaries" and they dont use that money to buy goods in the market. You have costs, so you need to sell your goods above that price.

- Earnings from loots, quests, flashpoints, etc. = People do craft when they earn better then in that way

- Prices at NPC Shops (if you sell items) = People can sell their Items for a good Price

and Slicing brings you dircetly credits... = Tons of money....

But if we assume that the market will affected by the law of S/D it also the same.

My point is: Nobody will have a purchase power growth but you are wasting time by crafting goods 7/24 with your smartphone

Edited by BurDo

I'm gonna give +2 to that idea. +1 from me, and +1 from my gf that is tired to see me run to the computer every 5 minutes to send a crew on mission.

On the other game they charged 3$ a month if I remember correctly. I think that'd be reasonnable. 5$ seems a little greedy.