Crew Skills for iPhone/Andriod?

Kierz

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a good idea with plus's and minuses. Personally i'd like it, but only if its fair for everyone.

Define fair. If you mean "Now I can build up my crafting when I'm working 3rd shift and have nothing to do so I can keep up with the unemployed, or students on vacation, or other people who can play 20 hrs a day" then yeah, I'm all over that.

If you mean "I don't have a smartphone so I can't do this, it's not fair!" then my response is "Let them make a Web app as well".

As it is, I'm going to be RDPing into my PC at home (which is how I write this since my work blocks this site) and sending my companions out on crew skill missions anyway. Just put the thing on my phone and be done with it.

1. Play the game IN THE GAME. Play other games on your phone.

If the devs build the app, I will for all extents and purposes be playing the game in the game with the app. Official clients are like that y'know.

2. How is it fair to people who do not have smart phones? Right now they have tried really hard to make sure all players have the same chance in the game. I think that is one of the reasons they don't want mods and such.

How is it fair that full time students can play for 20 hrs a day for months at a time? I don't get that much vacation at my work!

And they are adding mod scripting to the UI, thanks for playing.

3. People are already complaining about the potential of gold farmers. Can you imagine if they could use this as well?

You can still only be logged into one character at a time on a given account. Since the gold farmers will have a PC that is manned in shifts using a character to farm gold, this app does them no good at all. If all they want to do is crafting on a given character, well $500 PC or $500 phone, there's no difference to the gold farmer.

4. There is a reason they aren't allowing us to line up as many crew missions as we can crafting. I think it is because they want us to be in game and doing the missions while we play not turning the game into SWTORville. If you are only playing 10 hours a week but running missions from work or whatever for an added 20 hours a week what would that do to the economy?

Frankly? Not much.

The higher your crew skill gets the longer it takes to run a given mission. So it's not like you'll be lvl 400 Treasure Hunter and running missions every 90 seconds.

If anything it should help drive the cost of materials down, which will keep the cost of crafting down.

You people really need to think this stuff through before you post it. This discussion has been going on for over a year prior to the board wipe and I have yet to hear an objection that holds any weight.

Edited by ColonelKer-Nal

Pretty sure this is already in the works along with a mobile armory and other potential apps.

My theory behind this is based on the fact that when I use my iPhone SWTOR app to access my security key, it prompts me to "Please select an application:". Right now the only option is "Security Key", but they're obviously anticipating more options.

Not sure if we'll see it inside the first 6 months, and maybe that is a good thing considering the state of crafting in general and their need to focus attention elsewhere, but I'm betting a crew skill app is inevitable.