HELP! re The Avatar of Sal-Makor (Voss)

wairuakaha

I just got wiped all over the floor multiple times (coz i kept going back for punishment) by this Elite. :o

I was using Mako and spammed the usual Tracer Missle against this boss. That usually works but not in this instance.

Ive read elsewhere that the environment needs to be utilised to overcome this boss.

Can anyone who has overcome this Elite let me know what strategy you employed and which companion you used?

Thank you very much

Edited by wairuakaha

This boss uses a lot of AOE, one of which will heal him for a LOT, and casts a lot of force magic at you.

What I've done each time I've fought him is - kite around the pillars of the room and use them to break LOS. I used Torian both times (once as arsenal and once as bodyguard). Every time the target was under his feet, I would passive him and pull him out.

He did die eventually, so I spent the rest of the time running around the room out of range of the boss to make him chase me and to not allow him to heal himself, while spamming rapid shots and stopping when I could to cast a TM as arsenal or a power shot as bodyguard.

The big trick to this fight is just to NOT ALLOW HIM to cast Force in Balance if possible (knock him back), and when you can't avoid it make sure you aren't standing in the effect. Expect this fight to take a while.

This boss uses a lot of AOE, one of which will heal him for a LOT, and casts a lot of force magic at you.

What I've done each time I've fought him is - kite around the pillars of the room and use them to break LOS. I used Torian both times (once as arsenal and once as bodyguard). Every time the target was under his feet, I would passive him and pull him out.

He did die eventually, so I spent the rest of the time running around the room out of range of the boss to make him chase me and to not allow him to heal himself, while spamming rapid shots and stopping when I could to cast a TM as arsenal or a power shot as bodyguard.

The big trick to this fight is just to NOT ALLOW HIM to cast Force in Balance if possible (knock him back), and when you can't avoid it make sure you aren't standing in the effect. Expect this fight to take a while.

pretty much everything he said, plus don't forget to use your heroic moment thingy :p

i used mako and had no problems..but, i kept my dude in all purples...kite, LoS...

^ this

As well while leveling I liked rocket punch knockback effect. So 2 interupts and a stun. Otherwise keep LoS and keep yourself above 70% or choke + aoe will kill you.

The problem I had with him was he would instagib my companion. He'd force choke them and almost kill them in one go. If he followed that up with another force choke or they even so much as clipped any of his aoe they'd keel over. I did this recently on another alt and it seems like they toned it back a bit but not much. Without an actual interrupt on a short cooldown, your best bet is to find someone to do it with you. If you choose not to go that route, clear the entire cave and use los and take the 10 mins or so that's needed to kite him out.

Thanks y'all .... after being wiped five times - maybe i just suck - who knows ... it was the only thing left hanging over at Voss so despite having only 3 other players on Voss at the time (The Swiftsure server) I managed to get a lower level Sith Jugg to join me since he had this left over as well and we wiped this ******* under 2 min. Was glad it was over and done tho Im certain there wouldve been the satisfaction of completing this on my own which Id missed but ... oh well

• 1 month later...
I'm not looking forward to this fight - this has given me some much needed advice for when I get there. Didn't have problems on my warrior, but solo on my agent was another thing. Duoing on my agent it was almost like it was no big deal.

It was a rough fight when I completed it several months ago but I certainly would not say its impossible to solo it. As someone earlier stated just be smart with your knockbacks and your stun. Be overgeared. Goto the GTN and buy all purple gear for your companion and you'll be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
Everyone needs to keep in mind that this boss battle was not meant to be fun or playable. It's meant to weed out the casual player from the truly die hard fans.

Actually it's meant to weed out the Merc dps from the real subclasses. You know, the ones with a future. Sal-Makor uses long cast time abilities that are extremely powerful. Like human players do. You must interrupt these. Multiple times. As a Merc, you can't do that. You are the only subclass that can not do that. Now you see what it will be like in level 50 pvp.