A Friendly Warning (Creating Alts on High-Pop Servers)

InnerPieces

I deleted my 5 level 50s 2 months ago and just started again on the highest populated EU server.

This server (Even though it is the highest populated EU server) is still dead.

If you plan to play this game in Europe, don't. The population doesn't support it.

Edited by stephenjohnp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amongst everyone I have spoken to on Fatman ... not one expects to transfer their characters over for free once transfers come available. Nor should they. It was announced earlier that free transfers would be made available to select servers only, with an assumption that users could pay to transfer to other servers.

Its F2P... so you don't even have to worry about trail periods. ;) lol

Yeah, but most people know that a lot of F2P games are basically a test drive (trial) before they start asking for your cash...

I got on Star Trek Online and after busting my way through the tutorial and visiting Sol system, I found where a lot of our player-base probably went... (Whole fleets of player ships flying around doing things. It was even phased/instanced up to 6 sections...I was on the #6 phase.)

It was glorious just being able to see people in a game again...so much so that I lost 10 hours in it.

I know where I'm going if things don't liven up over here... (Yeah, I saw the dev tracker and that they finally started responding to stuff, which gives them some points in my book, but I'm just wondering if it's too little/too late now to salvage the game.)

Do you folks think a lot of those people that decided it wasn't worth crafting an alt who left the game are going to be willing to come back?

In the very least, they should allow you to move your other characters to your new populated server. I mean, it's not like you can play more than one on that server at a time. Also, they could restrict it to people with an 8 plus legacy level to prevent people from creating a lowbie too there just to say they already had someone on the server.

I re-rolled on Fatman and I'm glad I did because aside from the fact that its heavily populated, re-rolling gave me an excuse to try out a new class. but when transfers become available I see no reason why Fatman would be restricted from allowing me to transfer my other characters there because I'm already playing there. So having my other level 50s on Fatman isn't adding to the server population because if I didn't have all my characters on Fatman ... I'd still be playing on Fatman! crazy right?? I just wouldn't have the choice of playing my operative or my sorc when I log into Fatman. If they make me pay to transfer them, well i guess i'm a baller with too much money cuz I would pay it.