Nerf

Budachxy

I feel like it's pretty damn balanced too... I think DPS Smugglers/Agents could use a small damage buff. (I see all classes excel in PvP except these 2), but then again I'm going on assumption as I haven't played those 2 classes yet.

I completely disagree with the 2 of same class and biochem being OP... especially since WZ adrenals are for sale to everyone and are actually more powerful than Rakata Adrenals. As far as the same classes working together... I think that's great. Promotes teamwork and that is something that can make or break a WZ win vs loss.

Just my opinion as well of course...

Operative and Scoundrels are perfectly fine the way they are. If you're going to give a damage buff to Smugglers/Agents, it should go to Gunslingers/Snipers only... Still won't save you from my ganking though. :p

Just my opinion.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nerf the the Squeeky Wheel ability. It's OP.

Seriously, people QQ on the forums and lo and behold, the L2P deficient toads get exactly what they wanted.

Nerf the Squeeky Wheel, Nerf the QQ, DON'T NERF ANYMORE CLASSES.

The game is balanced, let's just accept that some people need to L2P and move on.

Please don't nerf PvP and kill it entirely by doing so.

Operative and Scoundrels are perfectly fine the way they are. If you're going to give a damage buff to Smugglers/Agents, it should go to Gunslingers/Snipers only... Still won't save you from my ganking though. :p

Just my opinion.

Yeah, hard for me to say since I haven't played either yet, but i know the over all damage output of the damage based trees don't seem to be up to par with the rest of the DPS trees.

Yeah, hard for me to say since I haven't played either yet, but i know the over all damage output of the damage based trees don't seem to be up to par with the rest of the DPS trees.

You oughta make a Concealment Operative. Loads of fun, especially at 36 and 40 when you get Hidden Strike and Acid Blade. Plus the IA's story is (In my, and many people's opinions) the best in the game. :)

Edited by Ardim

You oughta make a Concealment Operative. Loads of fun, especially at 36 and 40 when you get Hidden Strike and Acid Blade. Plus the IA's story is (In my, and many people's opinions) the best in the game. :)

I've heard the story for the Operative story is the coolest of em all but I think I'm gonna go heals with her. Rolling one of each class for each empire so with my warrior and BH DPS classes, tank assassin and Op healers made the most sense. Looking forward to it too... the ranged gun wielding classes in this game are mad fun.

I've heard the story for the Operative story is the coolest of em all but I think I'm gonna go heals with her. Rolling one of each class for each empire so with my warrior and BH DPS classes, tank assassin and Op healers made the most sense. Looking forward to it too... the ranged gun wielding classes in this game are mad fun.

Heh okay.

Too much noise is being made over Mar/Assassins/PT.

Nerfs are coming on general principle. Ops got nerfed 3x and I truly believe the 3rd was just to make one last jab at the class before leaving it alone for good.

Too much noise is being made over Mar/Assassins/PT.

Nerfs are coming on general principle. Ops got nerfed 3x and I truly believe the 3rd was just to make one last jab at the class before leaving it alone for good.

Oh yea... the inevitable nerf...a few points. Since your spamming...

A. They looked at Mara/Sent metrics a long time ago and said it was fine, in fact people back then were calling for nerf then and said it should be hot fixed... nope didnt happen.

B. The latest PVP news, not ONE thing mentioned about the DPS classes doing too much damage. Hmmmm ok guess a nerf is still coming...

C. the 70 or so people posting here, it does not constitute you instantly as the majority of 1.3 million subs.

D. BW has their tools and metrics and yes they actually play the game too and are NOT fooled by care bears crying because they need to L2P.

E. BW mentioned 2 things for pvp... Merc being looked at and the USEFULNESS of other other classes... not one thing mentioned about DPS or DPS classes.

Edited by Blloodbane

I like how some of these "pro players" are saying that Marauder is so hard to play. It's not. I can play the class without even looking at the screen and still get top damage. For the simplicity of the ac and the amount of damage it does without any skill at all, that's OP. Marauders can go and eat da poo poo.

Also, don't marauders have a stealth? Just "pick your fight" that way lol. I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Edited by WaveRun

I like how some of these "pro players" are saying that Marauder is so hard to play. It's not. I can play the class without even looking at the screen and still get top damage. For the simplicity of the ac and the amount of damage it does without any skill at all, that's OP. Marauders can go and eat da poo poo.

Ok I am going to say your Marauder is sub level 40 then for sure... if not below level 20... if in fact you actually have Marauder at all... posters here crack me up sometimes... LMAO...

Ok I am going to say your Marauder is sub level 40 then for sure... if not below level 20... if in fact you actually have Marauder at all... posters here crack me up sometimes... LMAO...

rofl in fact, I have a level 50 marauder with recruit gear and a couple of BM pieces, just to get in on the FOTM. Top damage by at least 50k each time with only 1 death if any at all. It's nearly impossible to get low on hp and when I do I just heal back up to fully hp. If cds then I just stealth away. What are you trying to say?

Edited by WaveRun

rofl in fact, I have a level 50 marauder with recruit gear and a couple of BM pieces, just to get in on the FOTM. Top damage by at least 50k each time with only 1 death if any at all. It's nearly impossible to get low on hp and when I do I just heal back up to fully hp. If cds then I just stealth away. What are you trying to say?

Im calling shanigans then because I dont beleive you... 100 to 1 you KNOW someone who is a Marauder or just making a generalized claim.

Im calling shanigans then because I dont beleive you... 100 to 1 you KNOW someone who is a Marauder or just making a generalized claim.

lol...

Denial to admit that a class is op always cracks me up.

Edited by WaveRun

I hope Bloodbane is right... and he may in fact be just that.

I know in everything I've seen when the dev's talk about the classes they are over all happy with the numbers right now. They covered some of this in a vid I saw recently on the PC gamer site I believe. Guess what? Marauders ARE NOT putting out the highest damage on average. Over all the numbers for DPS are about even and the most likely solution is going to be to buff a few damage trees that are not staying competitive with the trees that are putting up slightly higher numbers. They track these numbers, they show averages, highs, lows, vs the number of these classes being rolled and what spec tree they are using (mostly in some cases) etc. It's all tracked, recorded and reviewed... and they're over all pretty happy with the numbers right now.

I think what most people are upset about is the survivability of the marauder... and the only difference is they aren't the utilities that people are used to. They don't have the knock backs and stuns that most classes have... of course this makes the marauder more difficult to play. Not hard by any means once you get the hang of it but def not a beginner class. I can put up better numbers with other classes (mainly PT) and with far fewer bindings and much less effort. But my PT has very little survivability... Give a little to get a little.

So, in the end my point being... true, they may nerf it just to keep the crying to a minimum. But it won't be by much. And what sounds even better than seeing Bloodbanes reaction if they do nerf it.... is seeing the couple hundred poor players reactions when they DON'T nerf it. It really is a L2P issue when it comes down to it. I do well in WZ's but I've been shut down in a 1v1 by nearly every class at one point or another. It's all about having the right game plan for each class and executing it.

If you really want to nerf a marauder... roll an assassin/shadow. Problem solved and it involves much less kleenex.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I hope Bloodbane is right... and he may in fact be just that.

I know in everything I've seen when the dev's talk about the classes they are over all happy with the numbers right now. They covered some of this in a vid I saw recently on the PC gamer site I believe. Guess what? Marauders ARE NOT putting out the highest damage on average. Over all the numbers for DPS are about even and the most likely solution is going to be to buff a few damage trees that are not staying competitive with the trees that are putting up slightly higher numbers. They track these numbers, they show averages, highs, lows, vs the number of these classes being rolled and what spec tree they are using (mostly in some cases) etc. It's all tracked, recorded and reviewed... and they're over all pretty happy with the numbers right now.

I think what most people are upset about is the survivability of the marauder... and the only difference is they aren't the utilities that people are used to. They don't have the knock backs and stuns that most classes have... of course this makes the marauder more difficult to play. Not hard by any means once you get the hang of it but def not a beginner class. I can put up better numbers with other classes (mainly PT) and with far fewer bindings and much less effort. But my PT has very little survivability... Give a little to get a little.

So, in the end my point being... true, they may nerf it just to keep the crying to a minimum. But it won't be by much. And what sounds even better than seeing Bloodbanes reaction if they do nerf it.... is seeing the couple hundred poor players reactions when they DON'T nerf it. It really is a L2P issue when it comes down to it. I do well in WZ's but I've been shut down in a 1v1 by nearly every class at one point or another. It's all about having the right game plan for each class and executing it.

If you really want to nerf a marauder... roll an assassin/shadow. Problem solved and it involves much less kleenex.

I dont care what they do in this game, nerf this buff that... I play the entire game and what is fun... I dont worry about the classes... wont be a reaction out of me... I do however remember the calls for nerfs to Mara/Sents almost as soon as as 1.2 went life (about 10 people QQ'ing) and saying it was overboard and broken and how Mara/Sent's days are number, and a hot fix... well its been almost 2 months and the last thing they said was, the classes metrics were fine... and still the same QQ, oh next patch you guys are getting nerfed...

Right now I am bringing up a sniper and he owns everything, hes not 50 though, but I I am always walking out of the matches with 12+ medals and my mara walks out with about 8 to 10 medals..... Oh I have a 50 healer Sorc too and a 50 Mara Carnage... and after the Sniper it will be a PT or a Jugg....

If they "nerf" anything, it will be expertise, but im not counting on it, because now the QQ has now encompassed that Powertechs/Vanguards, Sniper/Gunslingers, and Tankassins are all OP as well as Marauder and Sentinels. Oh... lookie... DPS classes that can do damage and kill things.. Whoa, what a concept...

I dont care what they do in this game, nerf this buff that... I play the entire game and what is fun... I dont worry about the classes... wont be a reaction out of me... I do however remember the calls for nerfs to Mara/Sents almost as soon as as 1.2 went life (about 10 people QQ'ing) and saying it was overboard and broken and how Mara/Sent's days are number, and a hot fix... well its been almost 2 months and the last thing they said was, the classes metrics were fine... and still the same QQ, oh next patch you guys are getting nerfed...

Right now I am bringing up a sniper and he owns everything, hes not 50 though, but I I am always walking out of the matches with 12+ medals and my mara walks out with about 8 to 10 medals..... Oh I have a 50 healer Sorc too and a 50 Mara Carnage... and after the Sniper it will be a PT or a Jugg....

If they "nerf" anything, it will be expertise, but im not counting on it, because now the QQ has now encompassed that Powertechs/Vanguards, Sniper/Gunslingers, and Tankassins are all OP as well as Marauder and Sentinels. Oh... lookie... DPS classes that can do damage and kill things.. Whoa, what a concept...

HHAHAHAHAHA! I completely agree with all of it... especially the last comment. Even funnier is roll a PT in the pyro tree for your next character and then tell me marauder is OP. :D I'm just trying to level one quick and not even gearing him properly. Even when I feel like I've had a bad game... top damage 4 of 5 games played and to top it off I'm an objective player... not a stat chaser. It cracks me up to see all the complaints about marauder because if anyone was paying attention... they are not the game makers and breakers of these WZ's.

Gotta love whine posts.

"Marauder is OP!"

Heck, there goes my main.

Well, I can play my gunslinger.

"Sniper is OP too!"

Ugh, all right, I have my trusted vanguard right here...

"And Vanguard is the same! OP!"

Bleh.

Gotta love whine posts.

"Marauder is OP!"

Heck, there goes my main.

Well, I can play my gunslinger.

"Sniper is OP too!"

Ugh, all right, I have my trusted vanguard right here...

"And Vanguard is the same! OP!"

Bleh.

The rules to crying are the following:

Everything is OP except the class I am currently playing.

The end.

HHAHAHAHAHA! I completely agree with all of it... especially the last comment. Even funnier is roll a PT in the pyro tree for your next character and then tell me marauder is OP. :D I'm just trying to level one quick and not even gearing him properly. Even when I feel like I've had a bad game... top damage 4 of 5 games played and to top it off I'm an objective player... not a stat chaser. It cracks me up to see all the complaints about marauder because if anyone was paying attention... they are not the game makers and breakers of these WZ's.

A good Marauder can swing a close game. There are 3 classes that need some serious adjustments, Marauders, Pyro PTs and Tankassins. I have a 50 Sentinel (valor rank 61) and 50 Assassin (valor rank in 40s) and I can safely say that they're both insanely easy to dominate PvP with. I also have a 50 Commando who is valor rank 70, so I know all about sub par pvp classes and using personal skill to make a poor pvp class excel. Going from a Commando to a Sentinel or Tankassin is like turning on a cheat code or something. Some adjustments should, and likely are, heading their way.

A good Marauder can swing a close game. There are 3 classes that need some serious adjustments, Marauders, Pyro PTs and Tankassins. I have a 50 Sentinel (valor rank 61) and 50 Assassin (valor rank in 40s) and I can safely say that they're both insanely easy to dominate PvP with. I also have a 50 Commando who is valor rank 70, so I know all about sub par pvp classes and using personal skill to make a poor pvp class excel. Going from a Commando to a Sentinel or Tankassin is like turning on a cheat code or something. Some adjustments should, and likely are, heading their way.

Marauders are not OP trololololo