incompetence with extended notification

Suromir

crap happens...fine.

but you KNOW the servers won't be back up on time yet you wait to let us know AFTER the scheduled time to come up has come and passed.

fail more.

how can they tell us if the servers wont be back up, if they cant post on the forums because they are down too....

Silly rage post is still silly.

It's not silly, its a service we pay for. How would you feel if you paid to have your car put in the shop at 10AM, and they tell you to be back at noon to pick it up, you show up, and now they are telling you 4PM.

Its the same concept. We have the right to be upset.

It's not silly, its a service we pay for. How would you feel if you paid to have your car put in the shop at 10AM, and they tell you to be back at noon to pick it up, you show up, and now they are telling you 4PM.

Sith Happens, when they did an emergancy patch that broke 1.2 and ended up taking down the servers again to fix it they gave us a day of game time to compensate us.

Sith Happens, when they did an emergancy patch that broke 1.2 and ended up taking down the servers again to fix it they gave us a day of game time to compensate us.

Thats fair, and im sure if this turns into such a fiasco it will happen again. I was just stating, as paying customers we have the right to throw a sith fit.

BTW. Love the word play on "Sith" haha.

I would rather them finish the job at hand completely rather then rush it and forget to do one little thing that causes a crash.

^this all it takes is a: "hey steve pull up the page and type in we need to fix a few more things itll take us about 2 more hours, oh and get me a mocha latte frappachino because boy am I a thirsty programmer!"

Silly rage post is still silly.

They're following the circle-of-trust-galvanizing precedent they set when they yanked rated warzones at the last second, but long after they suspected they might not be in 1.2.

Nobody has a problem with extended maintenance, but waiting until after deadlines have passed to tell us that the deadline has been extended shows a blatant disregard for the time we budget to play.

The OP is not alone in his discontent.

~Sig

they have twitter, no updates until 4 or more minutes past their expected deadline, twice. they said it would take 4 hours then extended it by one hour, now its double the time they originally stated. They will lose subscribers and I am nearly one of them. It's poor work from a bunch of liars. They tell newspapers, tv programs and internet programs/sites that their fanbase is happy, we are far from happy as a whole

^This. They are constantly pushing back the maintenance hours. If Bioware says something is going to be done by a certain time it should be done by then, otherwise they need to give a time range or be more conservative with their maintenance time estimates.

^This. They are constantly pushing back the maintenance hours. If Bioware says something is going to be done by a certain time it should be done by then, otherwise they need to give a time range or be more conservative with their maintenance time estimates.

You mean like the "but could be extended" comment they put in their scheduled maintenance messages?

They should have done this several times on a test server, and had it rehearsed to the point where they would know EXACTLY how long it would take. The whole "Its taking longer than we thought" is crap. When you update something of this scale, you need to know exactly how long its going to take, not leave it to chance. :rak_04:

crap happens...fine.

but you KNOW the servers won't be back up on time yet you wait to let us know AFTER the scheduled time to come up has come and passed.

fail more.

They tweeted the first extension 6 minutes after 6. the second extension was tweeted 3 minutes after 7. That's really late notice. Go whine elsewhere.

They should have done this several times on a test server, and had it rehearsed to the point where they would know EXACTLY how long it would take. The whole "Its taking longer than we thought" is crap. When you update something of this scale, you need to know exactly how long its going to take, not leave it to chance. :rak_04:

And the voice of "I've never worked in an IT shop" speaks. *double facepalm*

Since we are all up right now- I think it goes without saying that most of us have been patiently waiting for the maint. to finish so we could start playing again.

Now- when you are waiting for something, then you see it's gonna be another hour (totally cool by me) and you wait said hour- and THEN after the alloted hour you've been waiting for- you find it's now been pushed ahead another THREE HOURS....

Um yeah, it just sucks for those of us who are waiting so we can play again.

Do we have no life? Is this going to be the predictable pat response to us who wait for the servers to come back up so we can play asap?

My opinion is that this situation sucks, and since this is the one freaking night I need to pull an all-nighter in a month, it's more irritating than it might otherwise be, lol.

they have twitter, no updates until 4 or more minutes past their expected deadline, twice. they said it would take 4 hours then extended it by one hour, now its double the time they originally stated. They will lose subscribers and I am nearly one of them. It's poor work from a bunch of liars. They tell newspapers, tv programs and internet programs/sites that their fanbase is happy, we are far from happy as a whole

Oh no, they took more than four minutes past the deadline to tweet that the deadline was extended. :rolleyes: How dare Bioware not have an employee standing by with a cell phone and a stopwatch.