PvP sucks if this continues.

Gastranomick

the only thing i care about is being able to play a smooth game. I'm not going to resub to this game until warzones run smoothly. idk if it's called glitchy, laggy, spiky, w/e. But when i can barely click-target a player because they tele-move around or can't shoot them because "oh look, in half a second the player just moved 20 feet away and around a corner" then as far as i'm concerned, i can't pvp.

If i can't PvP then I'm not going to play the game. I like the game. It's fun. But it's not working properly. The game HAS to play perfectly. I'm not putting up with that nonsense again. I've done it with every other new MMO that came out. Only i stuck around longer than i should have before anything got fixed. maybe i should come back in 5 months?

"don't even come back at all" -etc, etc, i expect some people to be rude. From what i've noticed the SWTOR community is worse than; dare i say it? -- WoW's forum community.

regardless, i just wanted to put it out there. If you're reading this post and are decided whether or not to buy the game; don't buy it if you're a PvPer until warzones are smoothed out. same thing as in beta (i thought it was just a beta thing) guess not. I suppose i'll just semi-afk the warzones for the tons of credits i get even from losing.

nah, i'll try. but i doubt i'll be very useful. if you see me in game-- sup homie..

/end QQ

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds more like it's a problem on your end with your computer/connection.

I don't seem to have the same issues you described.

Actually not.

Its general problem if only high end comps are able to run TOR smooth.

Its called crappy optimization.

I'm not going to resub to this game until warzones run smoothly.

So how long have you had a subscription, you must have paid many months of fees , so I understand because of all the money you have put into the game, because they have had many months of your money with no results.....I hear WOW calling you, they will listen to you, he11 they will listen to anyone who will stay....as for me, I will be here for a very long time....later bro.

It's definitely a problem. I'm able to run the PvE content perfectly fine on max settings, full shadows, and a 1920x1200 resolution. Everything runs without a hitch, even space combat.

The second I get into a PvP Warzone, not even into the actual fighting, my FPS just falls through the floor. If I turn everything off, and drop my resolution to around 1320 then it becomes playable. Not even completely smooth, but just serviceable.

If this were just engaging in combat this would make sense. But even in the loading area, the game hitches and lags if I don't go in graphicly barren. And none of that makes sense if I can run graphic intensive areas like Tython, and Taris with everything on and without a problem.

Edited by AranasLatrain

I experience laag in Huttball, players simply "speedhacking" and teleporting from one place to another, or they could be cheating. tho I doubt it.

I live in UK 30Mb connection (3.5MB) and playing on US servers with 105ping which is totally acceptable.

But could be just me ....

I have a self built computer with a dual core 2.2G CPU, 3 gigs of RAM, Nvidia Gforce GTX 460 SE vid card, and windows 7 Enterprise N and I run it just fine. The game has severe mem leak issues and I start to get choppy after hours and hours of gameplay, but other than that it runs around 35 to 50 fps which is fine. I would rate my computer probably about 3 years old. Most new store bought computers now could outperform mine.

So really, some of you need to reload windows, defrag, clear you hard drives or a combination of the three. Honestly defrag is really important especially on older computers, it makes a huge difference if you have not done it in a while. And if you got 280Gs filled of 300 Gs then it will run worse.

Have fun with the pandas.

well i expected more than just one response like this. I am a bit surprised that the comments are more civilized than recent experiences.

However, if there is a problem with my computer; then why are flash points and questing and space missions working just fine? That doesn't make sense. And if it were an issue with my computer, wouldn't i be seeing major FPS issues? When i'm experiencing isn't an issue with FPS. I'm familiar with how games play at 5 frames. The game itself isn't choppy. The players and player interaction is what is choppy.

There is only one possible reason that i can think of. I play on a west coast server and i live on the east coast. "Wow stupid why would you do that?" i didn't plan on it, but i wanted to play with family/friends which happened to be a west coast server.

But i don't see how that would cause such huge problems. In every other MMO i've played, that has never been an issue. Obviously i'm not the only person experiencing this. I'll keep an eye out for any kind of official word about it. At least hearing "we are aware and are working on it" would make me feel a little better and a bit more confident about my future with this game.

Same issue and client says I have around 40-90ms when it is happening so seems really strange. Hopefully Bioware at least addresses it saying what is causing it such a mem leak or something else that might just be client side or if it is server side then hopefully fix it.

yep i dont lag at all aside pvp

specially my smug shield is a joke in the laggy stun pvp zap world

press shield oh didnt fire off, press shield oh didnt fire off, press shield ohh started

nope didnt fire off, dead, starts to fire off rofl

have a gtx560ti , quad core, and more ram than i need and dsl,

no excuse to lag

i play way more grafic heavy games and dont lag at all

honestly pvp in tor needs a full review and remake in my opinion,

to me the pve is perfect but the pvp is far from it

Edited by ODTONE

Actually not.

Its general problem if only high end comps are able to run TOR smooth.

Its called crappy optimization.

I hate to say it, (or to sound like a troll), but just because you think you have a high end computer doesnt allieviate your side being to blame. For example, you have no control over how your ISP handles internet traffic. So, please dont be like everyone else, point the blame finger, and threaten to rage quit.

(-experience as IT/programmer)

The problem you described sounds like connection issue rather than hardware. In which case, there's 3 options that could be going wrong.

Option 1: PVP warzone servers are lagging.

Option 2: Your connection to the server is lagging.

Option 3: Other people are lagging.

It's likely to be the last one, most probably caused by people running in different national servers. I've seen Americans calling a UK PVP server, an east coast US server. Which is just wrong.

I was having these problems for a little while after I first ran the game. I noticed that if the screen resolution for the game didn't match the screen resolution on my OS i had choppy video and a seemingly lagging experience. i change the screen resolution in the game to match my OS resolution and the problem disappeared for me. I have a four year old computer and since i did this I don't have any of these problems anymore--I even set the the game to the highest graphics settings and works great my fps are 50-60 on highest and my ping about 35ms. Try this and see of it helps. In any case it sounds like the problem is on your end.

My computer is a newer decked out gaming rig. Dual gtx 570's, i7 2600K OC'd to 4ghz etc... and I can run this game on max settings and get 100fps+

However.... it still doesn't feel "smooth"

When you move your character it seems to "float" past where you wanted it to stop - Hitboxes seem incredibly inconsistant, rubber banding is common (I play with a 30ms ping) and abilities don't seem to have that crisp instant response I expect.

If you think SW:ToR flows and is as responsive as say... WoW PvP then you are either not being honest or are simply not a competitive PvP'r.

I'm sure (I hope) that as patches roll out and the developers fine tune this game things will get better... maybe. It's my feeling that PvP in this game isn't meant to be in any way truly competitive and is mostly geared towards making the casual feel they are on even footing with the Arena and FPS crowd.

Edited by Rasstavad

WoW the OP complains about the community and compares it to WoW's and then acts like a WoW QQer.

If you asking for help

then FAIL

but here it is anyways contact customer support it might a take awhile considering we are in early access and then launch which will be worse for true lag issues but if your is fixabel they will try to help you.

PS nerd rage will not get you anywhere.

WoW the OP complains about the community and compares it to WoW's and then acts like a WoW QQer.

If you asking for help

then FAIL

but here it is anyways contact customer support it might a take awhile considering we are in early access and then launch which will be worse for true lag issues but if your is fixabel they will try to help you.

and you are acting like one of the WoW General and Customer forums hall monitors. If you think that making comparisons to two very similar games is inappropriate - especially when the comparison is simply about issues that need to addressed to make this games PvP competitive (if that is even possible) - is bad then I don't know what to say. Take a look at the multiple threads about these issues below. They exist - it isn't relative to the power of ones machine or your ping... and it is a real bummer for those who want to primarily focus on the player vs. player aspect of this game.

I'm not sure why, on these forums and on the warcraft forums, people assume that you are only allowed to play ONE of these games and why they violently align themselves as loving one and hating the other... Many of us play both. I play WoW for its competitive PvP and I would also like to find a niche in this game doing the same. At this point I don't see it happening in the short-run until some very glaring issues are resolved.

If you asking for help

then FAIL

You need better reading comprehension skills.

I didn't complain about the community, i pointed out similarities with regret. And you are misinformed about what a "WoW QQ'er" is. That would be a person crying about something that is either illogical or untrue (pointless QQ). Whereas i am complaining about a game that isn't functioning properly. How do i know it's not functioning properly? Because I'm sure they didn't intend for the game to not run smoothly.

I'm not asking for help. That's pretty obvious from the post if you even bothered to read it. And even if I were to ask for help (?in the PvP forums for some strange reason?) do you take pride if belittling those who ask for it? Do you not see that by degrading people you make yourself look bitter and ignorant?

since you mentioned nerd rage; i'm going to explain something about yourself for you. Assuming you actually read the post; you did so with your own voice, your own tone.. You chose the tone of voice of which you used to read the post to yourself. If you think my post was hostile and invoking of anger then the tone you chose was from your own emotions. You most likely read the thread title and got mad (as per usual with any fan boy when confronted with negative feed back towards your title of worship) you then read my post with your projected feelings.

Doesn't make sense to you yet? What do i have to be angry about? Didn't i say the game was fun? I'm nerd raging for what possible reason? That PvP is functioning exactly like it did in the beta? Woah, big surprise for me, huh?

Also, the ending "/end QQ" was sarcastic. Though i guess that is a bit harder to deduce

Also; your reply just reinforces my previous statement of "From what i've noticed the SWTOR community is worse than; dare i say it? -- WoW's forum community." --that is; of ignorance.

I probably spent more time on this reply than needed, but i feel obligated to thoroughly explain and inform. /thug face