Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz

No kidding, lol.

I remember shortly after release when I was scouring the game for one and quickly realized I was out on a snipe hunt.

My gear is actually at the point that I am considering experimenting. My first "project" will be to make a full alacrity-enhanced suit and spec AP for the lols... nothing funnier than a two-second full channel FT.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTB Level 61 Expertise/Crit/Power enhancement.

What I wouldnt give for one of those, its even worse on a class that has almost no use for accuracy. I have 5% accuracy to cancel out the 5% accuracy debuff on smash that juggs get. After that however I get a choice between stacking surge or more surge.

So true, yea because the WZs these days are all packed with PTs by people who are looking for easymode dominance. I guess I was still dreaming where 80% of a team is still force users, half of which are maraud/Sent/Assassins.

Give Bio a few more patches and it will be at that point... Everything holding a lightsaber jumping, speeding all over the place.

Can't have glowsticks feeling a dime-a-dozen ... although, swtor plays in the time of the dime-a-dozen time period (relative).

... can't have you feeling vulnerable to fire and having to focus a dps now... after already getting Bio to castrate healers. Imagine having to focus on the glass cannon / healer in a group oriented way.

Seriously, do you people complainging about Pyros ever consider the fact that you are talking about a class that has only one real defensive CD... (and a small hot, really really small, I shouldn't even be bringing it up...)

You are ************ about class that needs to run into melee range to do their stuff for longer then 10seconds optimally. They melt people when you ignore them... here is the kicker... they also don't jump across 30m towards you...

You the people ... who ignore them ... while they stroll towards your healer/tank... Stroll yeah, because they can't jump or "speed" their way over there. They only have one real defensive cooldown on a 2min cooldown and scream glass cannon... all the way they are running past you.

Of all things... you start about the class you can lock down and kill in seconds... compared to speeding, vanishing murder machines that can popup from anywhere...

Maybe... notice the guy walking up to you next time ... (or pulling you once every 45seconds... (jumps btw, are only 15secs)..

So true, yea because the WZs these days are all packed with PTs by people who are looking for easymode dominance. I guess I was still dreaming where 80% of a team is still force users, half of which are maraud/Sent/Assassins.

I think Ive seen alot more slinger/sniper sent/mara then PTS, usually its just 2, me and my guildie.

Vanguard was the least played class. You then seperate the least played class into tanks or dps. It's very rare you run into them. It's one reason they've flown under the radar. Low level queues have quite a few of dps speced vanguards so you will start to see quite a few more.

I don't think the class needs to be nerfed but in my opinon they have the highest damage in the game. They are one of the 5 classes I play.

Vanguard was the least played class. You then seperate the least played class into tanks or dps. It's very rare you run into them. It's one reason they've flown under the radar. Low level queues have quite a few of dps speced vanguards so you will start to see quite a few more.

I don't think the class needs to be nerfed but in my opinon they have the highest damage in the game. They are one of the 5 classes I play.

no as in the last few weeks as i am the only 50 online on kai-kani republic side i grinded another toon thru pvp on legion.

so i know the 10-49 and I saw alot of sent/maras sniper/gunsling and very few pts. apart from the guy i pvped with.

Infact i think i still have the screenie of an 8 man sith warrior team. which i will try to find. (ofc we lost)

Edited by Oscibi

I think Ive seen alot more slinger/sniper sent/mara then PTS, usually its just 2, me and my guildie.

Obviously I was being sarcastic. Yes for every 1 person rolling a PT there are currently 10 rolling marauders/Sent. lol

Pyro PTs are just the results of a lazy developer who tied like 4 things into two abilities (Flame burst and Rail Shot) and then made those two abilities instant cast, low cooldown (one of them no cooldown), one 30m range, and both basically unmitigatable by armor. It's like the developer designed two abilities, made them godlike, and then said "ok i'm done, that's all they need. Next spec." Edited by DimeStax

Pyro PTs are just the results of a lazy developer who tied like 4 things into two abilities (Flame burst and Rail Shot) and then made those two abilities instant cast, low cooldown (one of them no cooldown), one 30m range, and both basically unmitigatable by armor. It's like the developer designed two abilities, made them godlike, and then said "ok i'm done, that's all they need. Next spec."

Flame burst = godlike *snicker* :rak_02:

Pyro PTs are just the results of a lazy developer who tied like 4 things into two abilities (Flame burst and Rail Shot) and then made those two abilities instant cast, low cooldown (one of them no cooldown), one 30m range, and both basically unmitigatable by armor. It's like the developer designed two abilities, made them godlike, and then said "ok i'm done, that's all they need. Next spec."

...and then some player, you, decided to ignore the fact that they only have one real defensive cd and that the magic only happens when they are in melee range.

Ofcourse... thats only allowed if they are carrying a glowstick... can't have people walking up to you .. and hurting you with little or no escape themselves. Right... it's only "ok" if they get to jump on your face very 15secs. It's only ok if they do so from long range.

Can't have people actually noticing the fact that they can do what they do from -10 meters (4m really) ... having 0 escapes and only one defensive CD they share with their other AC.

Ignore the walking glass canon... it will be ok. You really just need to kill that one guy at 13% health first. He's the real problem...

Edited by SinnedQWERTY

...and then some player, you, decided to ignore the fact that they only have one real defensive cd and that the magic only happens when they are in melee range.

Ofcourse... thats only allowed if they are carrying a glowstick... can't have people walking up to you .. and hurting you with little or no escape themselves. Right...

Hence why I said they made TWO abilities and then quit. Don't complain to me that you don't have good defensive cooldowns, I have worse ones than you as a sniper. 100% dodge for 3 seconds and absorb 1.5k damage lol. And once again 10m is not melee range, it's closer than 30m, but definitely not melee range.

Flame burst = godlike *snicker* :rak_02:

Flame burst is pretty godlike when you consider everything it does for 2 heat cost with all the talents put into it and that it's instant cast, ELEMENTAL DAMAGE, and no cooldown. 10m range hardly balances this ability at all. Even if it was true melee range (4m) it still would be beastly.

Edited by DimeStax

Ofcourse... thats only allowed if they are carrying a glowstick... can't have people walking up to you .. and hurting you with little or no escape themselves. Right...

You don't need 100 defensive cooldowns when you 2 shot every1, because there is noone to defend against :D.:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, stop comparing yourself with the other 2 op classes, marauders and tanksins, to justify your class.

Its not helping your cause.

Cuz basically what you are saying is : sure i can faceroll 5 out of 8 classes, but what about the other 2, sometimes they kill me first. / lol.

You don't need 100 defensive cooldowns when you 2 shot every1, because there is noone to defend against :D.:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, stop comparing yourself with the other 2 op classes, marauders and tanksins, to justify your class.

Cuz basically what you are saying is : sure i can faceroll 5 out of 8 classes, but what about the other 2, sometimes they kill me first. / lol.

I still have yet to see a fight in which a pyro has 2-shot anyone of equal gear in PVP.

on a more serious note, seeing snipers QQ about powertechs is hilarious. snipers can tear pyrotechs apart, just root us. we can't grapple you, have no speed boost, and it comes down to a reflex fight of whether I can hit electro dart-grapple before you hit escape-cover. I get mine done first? you still have a flash bang and short range stun to fall back on to force me to either burn my determination or let you get away with you rooting me by a reduced CD legshot. you get yours first? enjoy melting through me with a nice damage rotation while I get to sit there and pick away at you with my high-heat low damage rotation (Incendiary, railshot, TD, rapid shots).

this is, of course, in a 1v1 situation. in any situation in which there's a teamfight you always focus pyros first, then operative healers, then other healers. in the team fight tanks and dps with tnak OS AC's trade taunts reducing overall group damage by a big margin, but its still a burn fight. since the game is almost exlusively teamfights, there's no reason a pyro should be tearing you apart unless you're dumb and lone wolfing it, or you're puggin and your team doesn't know how to FF.

Are you talking about PT? Cuz I don't know any PT's 2 shotting ANYONE... Maybe I'm missing something magical that happens between level 33 and 50. But when I put up 400k+ damage... my biggest his is usually only around 2200-2500 TOPS!

I could of swore that we were talking about the pyro tree here... no one is 2 shotting anyone with the pyro tree from my experience.

I still have yet to see a fight in which a pyro has 2-shot anyone of equal gear in PVP.

on a more serious note, seeing snipers QQ about powertechs is hilarious. snipers can tear pyrotechs apart, just root us. we can't grapple you, have no speed boost, and it comes down to a reflex fight of whether I can hit electro dart-grapple before you hit escape-cover. I get mine done first? you still have a flash bang and short range stun to fall back on to force me to either burn my determination or let you get away with you rooting me by a reduced CD legshot. you get yours first? enjoy melting through me with a nice damage rotation while I get to sit there and pick away at you with my high-heat low damage rotation (Incendiary, railshot, TD, rapid shots).

this is, of course, in a 1v1 situation. in any situation in which there's a teamfight you always focus pyros first, then operative healers, then other healers. in the team fight tanks and dps with tnak OS AC's trade taunts reducing overall group damage by a big margin, but its still a burn fight. since the game is almost exlusively teamfights, there's no reason a pyro should be tearing you apart unless you're dumb and lone wolfing it, or you're puggin and your team doesn't know how to FF.

And why do we need to focus fire Pyro's first? Oh yeah, cause their damage is OP. Then followed by operative healers? You realize you made this kill list based on which classes were OP and are unbalanced right now. You basically just proved the point that these classes on your "kill first" list are OP and need to be rebalanced with the other classes.

And why do we need to focus fire Pyro's first? Oh yeah, cause their damage is OP. Then followed by operative healers? You realize you made this kill list based on which classes were OP and are unbalanced right now. You basically just proved the point that these classes on your "kill first" list are OP and need to be rebalanced with the other classes.

Actually you're looking at this from the wrong perspective...

I agree cuz I normally focus pyros too, but because they are exactly what they should be and not because I feel they are OP. Hit the glass cannon first unless of course there is a healer. I know the pyrotech is capable of a lot of damage but I also know he will drop FAST!

So it has nothing to do with taking out the "godly" pyro like you make it sound. It's more of a strategy to focus on easy targets first. Which from my experience, most pyrotechs are pretty soft and drop quickly without a pocket healer. Going for a quicker kill is just sound strategy... putting the numbers in my favor.

Flame burst is pretty godlike when you consider everything it does for 2 heat cost with all the talents put into it and that it's instant cast, ELEMENTAL DAMAGE, and no cooldown. 10m range hardly balances this ability at all. Even if it was true melee range (4m) it still would be beastly.

Yeah, if it cost 2 heat it would be pretty good.

Yeah, if it cost 2 heat it would be pretty good.

2 heat flame burst? no way, I wanna know what talent tree does this, I would totally spec into it and be OP as *****. till then im stuck with the 16 heat cost from the pyro tree.

2 heat flame burst? no way, I wanna know what talent tree does this, I would totally spec into it and be OP as *****. till then im stuck with the 16 heat cost from the pyro tree.

Maybe we do need to L2P. Maybe I do know as little about my own tree as they say :eek:

Hence why I said they made TWO abilities and then quit. Don't complain to me that you don't have good defensive cooldowns, I have worse ones than you as a sniper. 100% dodge for 3 seconds and absorb 1.5k damage lol. And once again 10m is not melee range, it's closer than 30m, but definitely not melee range.

Why are you still there... when they don't have any gap closers...

The only thing I'm reading here is .. every 45 seconds I get pulled by a Pyro, when running out of cover .. and I was lucky that time .. because the second I stepped from cover the next time 3 bunnies jumped at me. Ripping me apart.

You are complaining about a class otherwise who can only "walk" up to you while in cover. If you allow that ... well..

With one mediocre CD that gives an 25% (yeah, your read that right) dmg reduction. Long CD (unless specced)