Skilled players

Dozoku

Every time i log on the site, i see a thread about Mara/sent being overpowered. seriously they are not overpowered and here why.

First of all if you're crying that you can't do anything against them well you're just soft because obviously its the player who is on the char fighting you that is well experiences. That being said go learn how to play because you can't win them all, i bet half of you are crying only because you keep going after the same guy in pvp and got own as a result so you come here saying "omg overpowered , plz Nerf Nerf Nerf" You can't win them all.

At the moment i am on the fatman leveling up another shadow and i am level 33 right non, i seen countless numbers of marauders/sent and i own them all and lost to some. (NO BIG DEAL THAT'S HOW IT WORKS YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL) seeing how i don't have my main skill at being level 33, simple thing i do all the time, i mod out my gears with Power/endurance/willpower.........i see a marauder while i am in stealth i mind stun him, then i do my other mind skill which is a dot effect, then i go in attack mode with simple rotations to build up my burst and i never use back stab until i get the proc. (project is your friend, force wave combo with tele is your friend------Make sure slow is always used.)

Its no big deal to fight them, many of you lose to them simply because you never use your procs at the right time. I always tell people this and they think i am joking, once you master "strafe" movement you're almost guarantee a win.

If you're a sorc healing spec or a sage, why the heck are you fighting a mara/sent? obviously you're spec healing so you have no place to complain about can't kill them or can't heal your friends. (umm if you can't heal your friends point fingers at them for failing to guard, point fingers at your self for being such a fail to be spotted. I can tell you this since most of you seem to forget, in any pvp a healer is always mark to focus fire on which is why you die fast. (simple strad of the opposite them, so stop point fingers at the one class when their doing their role.)

I love you you guys point fingers at sent/mara, when flipping snipers/gunslingers/power tech running around with 6k to 7k damage a shot.

Tips

Learn the diff between cloud of pain and undying rage so you don't stun them at the wrong moment/

save your skill for breaking out of stealth, you don't want them choking you.

if you're a melee class----strafe movement is req which i believe is "Q" and "E" mind is rebind though.

Gun class- you have the advantage, keep moving and spamming your shots.

Healers--just stay away or stun them to get away, and complain to your team how much of a fail they are.

And plz for god sake remember this at least.-------> Its not the class that's over powered, its the dam player who's controlling it.

Edited by Parali
"retarded"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people are upset about sents/maras and their own class, but you really shouldn't let it bother you.

At least you are enjoying your class right? :D

;) Not even, but it seems no matter what class you play, once you own a person 90% of the time when they trying their hardest to kill you, they come here and say "Nerf" which is stupid because i'm the one pushing the buttons which makes me--->overpowered.

Is it my fault you press your keys like a slow poke?:p

;) Not even, but it seems no matter what class you play, once you own a person 90% of the time when they trying their hardest to kill you, they come here and say "Nerf" which is stupid because i'm the one pushing the buttons which makes me--->overpowered.

I think you have misunderstood me. I'm just saying you shouldn't let the opinions of others bother you. All that matters is that you enjoy the game. Don't let the forums make you blue. :cool:

Edited by Awayy

I think you misunderstood me. I'm just saying you shouldn't let the opinions of others bother you. All that matters is that you enjoy the game. Don't let the forums make you blue. :cool:

I don't think he was directing that at you. Rather, he was just using your response for some further venting.

Wow, yes because picking another OP class (powertech) and mentioning pre 50 bracket, allows you to fully grasp what it's like to face a skilled WH geared mara.

I get it, your powers of extrapolation are that good, props to you.

*sigh*

Every time i log on the site, i see a thread about Mara/sent being overpowered. seriously they are not overpowered and here why.

First of all if you're crying that you can't do anything against them well you're just soft because obviously its the player who is on the char fighting you that is well experiences. That being said go learn how to play because you can't win them all, i bet half of you are crying only because you keep going after the same guy in pvp and got own as a result so you come here saying "omg overpowered , plz Nerf Nerf Nerf" You can't win them all.

At the moment i am on the fatman leveling up another shadow and i am level 33 right non, i seen countless numbers of marauders/sent and i own them all and lost to some. (NO BIG DEAL THAT'S HOW IT WORKS YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL) seeing how i don't have my main skill at being level 33, simple thing i do all the time, i mod out my gears with Power/endurance/willpower.........i see a marauder while i am in stealth i mind stun him, then i do my other mind skill which is a dot effect, then i go in attack mode with simple rotations to build up my burst and i never use back stab until i get the proc. (project is your friend, force wave combo with tele is your friend------Make sure slow is always used.)

Its no big deal to fight them, many of you lose to them simply because you never use your procs at the right time. I always tell people this and they think i am joking, once you master "strafe" movement you're almost guarantee a win.

If you're a sorc healing spec or a sage, why the heck are you fighting a mara/sent? obviously you're spec healing so you have no place to complain about can't kill them or can't heal your friends. (umm if you can't heal your friends point fingers at them for failing to guard, point fingers at your self for being such a fail to be spotted. I can tell you this since most of you seem to forget, in any pvp a healer is always mark to focus fire on which is why you die fast. (simple strad of the opposite them, so stop point fingers at the one class when their doing their role.)

I love you you guys point fingers at sent/mara, when flipping snipers/gunslingers/power tech running around with 6k to 7k damage a shot.

Tips

Learn the diff between cloud of pain and undying rage so you don't stun them at the wrong moment/

save your skill for breaking out of stealth, you don't want them choking you.

if you're a melee class----strafe movement is req which i believe is "Q" and "E" mind is rebind though.

Gun class- you have the advantage, keep moving and spamming your shots.

Healers--just stay away or stun them to get away, and complain to your team how much of a fail they are.

And plz for god sake remember this at least.-------> Its not the class that's over powered, its the dam player who's controlling it.

someone obviously hasn't tried fighting a mara as a commando. >_<

... or anything as a commando for that matter :\

Edited by Parali
bad quote

I actually think Juggs good players are way more dangerous than Maras xD Still, I've rerolled a Mara for my 4th alt.... It's incredibly easy compared to Sorc / Oper... I haven't reached lvl 20 still but spammable slow for 50% that remains for 15 secs? ****.... And I wondered why all my purges couldn't do anything against them and had so many problems kitting in my Sorc Healer. I wouldn't say they are Op, but they require a lot less skill to play than other classes since you could't care less about resource management (everything you do builds it).

Anyway, you're also playing FOTM class yourself.... :rolleyes:

Lvl 33 shadow reroll sure showed you guys. Props to you OP, props to you.

Props for:

1) Not playing one of the classes people are actually complaining about.

2) Rerolling the same "overpowered" toon on a different server.

3) Modding out your gear, while people are your level can't be asked to do that, giving you a substancial advantage.

4) Picking on new players, especially those with the weekend pass.

5) Beating scrubs with the knowledge you've built playing the previous toon and the gear you've modded.

Edited by Orangerascal

Well, there you have it, a level 33 shadow (which is the next class after mara to get the nerf attention of the forum btw) can beat sents in low level pvp.

The debate is over- there is just no way to top that. Everyone knows sentinels are best in low gear, low level WZs, and all the best players are in that bracket.

I feel as though the facts and expertise of the OP facing the best sent/mara in the game on the classes that are currently the ones having the hardest time dealing with marauders has really opened my eyes to how the game should be played.

Is that the response you were looking for OP?

It's more like class> gear > skill. If you don't believe that then when rated comes around be sure not to go heavy with any of the stronger classes and rest your hopes on great teamwork and skill to beat other equally determined teams with the stronger classes.

See how that works out for you and come back to this thread and tell us.

It's more like class> gear > skill. If you don't believe that then when rated comes around be sure not to go heavy with any of the stronger classes and rest your hopes on great teamwork and skill to beat other equally determined teams with the stronger classes.

See how that works out for you and come back to this thread and tell us.

its gear > class/comp > skill.

Proof: Play a maruder in recruit gear vs anyone in BM gear.

When everyone is geared it becomes:

class/comp > skill

Edited by Orangerascal

"Marauders aren't overpowered, I kill them on my overpowered class all the time"

I think if you look at 10-49 on your server you can see the classes that are easy and effective being leveled by players . Certainly there are a ton of Marauders and Assassins being levelled on mine, pre-1.2 patch notes there were tons of Sorc, and at the start of the game there were tons of non-healing operatives.

Problem with DPS in warzone PvP is that Bioware has a tendency to try to make popular classes more skilful and harder to play in PvP. But the problem is the peeps prefer whatever easy mode classes are left in SWTOR , preferring the "slugger" PvP classes over the technical butterfly punching ones that are complicated to play in warzones.

In reality to balance PvP we need all the easier classes to be made "skilful" finally.

Edited by Ewgal

Actually this is the fourth thread on the frontpage about how marauders are not OP.

Like the other ones it has no arguments and wild numbers (Yes those PTs and snipers critting for 6k all the time... lets ignore relics/adrenals and cds needed for that).

Edited by Parali
bad quote

But there are classes which dont have enough buttons to press. What should players do in that case?

Edited by Maxkardinal

So far in this thread I've seen that Marauders, Powertech B.H.'s, Sorcerers, Juggernauts, healers (pick one), Snipers, and the Republic version of the Mercenary are all Overpowered depending on who is writing the post at the time. Amazing...

Here is what I have found out in just the short amount of time I have spent PvPing. Gear helps. If you are complaining about geared PvP players then maybe you should ohhh you know play a little more and cry a little less so you can get some gear. Which leads into the next part...

Geared PvP players are better PvP players than those who are not geared. You want to know why? Because they have played their character enough to actually understand when to use their skills and when not to. They also understand how their skills work in PvP and have probably developed friends who will group with them to help cover some of those weaknesses... Which leads into the third part...

P.U.G.'s will almost never beat pre-made groups. The reason is the pre-made team members usually play together and talk to one another vs the P.U.G.'s who don't.

This thread seems to be made of people who want to go into a PvP event and be as good as a Geared PvP player without having to put in the time and investment to do so. The truth is that the player who put's in the time and investment to learn their characters strength and weaknesses will always be overpowered to the player who hasn't.

The only characters who have left a lasting impression on me has been Snipers. They are dangerous if left alone. They are also like tissue paper when they are not. Their have also been some characters I have ran into that have torn me apart but those were skilled players and I was not. Marauders can be dangerous to some but to the character I currently play they are not. I can pretty much ignore them...

Seems to me that all the classes are pretty balanced after reading the threads that have been presented here.

Lvl 33 shadow reroll sure showed you guys. Props to you OP, props to you.

Props for:

1) Not playing one of the classes people are actually complaining about.

2) Rerolling the same "overpowered" toon on a different server.

3) Modding out your gear, while people are your level can't be asked to do that, giving you a substancial advantage.

4) Picking on new players, especially those with the weekend pass.

5) Beating scrubs with the knowledge you've built playing the previous toon and the gear you've modded.

i got a level 50 assassin, mara operative , commando and on another server a shadow, whats your point lol? i know mara skills well, and i am telling you its a hard class to play. The button rations you have to go through is ridiculous and in a 1v1 fight if you miss a sequences it will cost you the fight.

1.3 clearly stated commando/merc getting buff.

Honestly when i am on my marauder pvping, well geared commando's own me time to time just by backing me back and shooting then stunning me. when i am vsing a marauder on my operative i can tank their damage.

I just did a wz and a Bounty hunter out damage me by 800k and you telling me we over powered?

Edited by Parali
rude, already warned

The OP must be very good at mathematics because he knows how to simplify things. He tells you do this, do that, and it is done. If you don't beat them, then 'l2p noob'. Nowhere in his post he states that marauders come in all shapes and sizes. Some even like to take 4k chunks of your hp with dots. They can stack up to 3 + 1 of these dots and the renewal of the dots is faster than your self cleanse if you are not a healer.

What the OP, yet again, fails to point out is that there are only a few ways of keeping the marauder off you and the cooldown is quite long. His post is not overly simplistic but also neglects other classes which suffer badly against a marauder. I, myself, have no complaint against marauders as I am a kinetic shadow with almost 1300 expertise but I see other classes simply having no chance against their attacks.

Just a few minutes ago, in alderaan, I pulled a marauder off someone whilst he was leaping to attack a squishy sage dps in my guild. The guy probably said *** when i caught him with my force pull halfway through his jump. With this move he picked someone on his own size and in a few seconds he popped his 'invisibility'. What he forgot is that I have it too with blackout and I found him. Then I stunned him in his undying rage and I killed him. Marauders are not OP, they are over arrogant and bullies. I got the bully whacker right here :D

Edited by Leafy_Bug

The OP must be very good at mathematics because he knows how to simplify things. He tells you do this, do that, and it is done. If you don't beat them, then 'l2p noob'. Nowhere in his post he states that marauders come in all shapes and sizes. Some even like to take 4k chunks of your hp with dots. They can stack up to 3 + 1 of these dots and the renewal of the dots is faster than your self cleanse if you are not a healer.

What the OP, yet again, fails to point out is that there are only a few ways of keeping the marauder off you and the cooldown is quite long. His post is not overly simplistic but also neglects other classes which suffer badly against a marauder. I, myself, have no complaint against marauders as I am a kinetick shadow with almost 1300 expertise but I see other classes simply having no chance against their attacks.

:pOh really? ummm.....if you're talking about other class like commander/merc that goes for all class, but bio has made it clear they getting buff. if you're talking about healers umm correct me if i am wrong, when you spec for healing why in gods name should you put out high dps? and yet i've seen sage spec in balances own a marauder simply because their tele puts out 800-1000 er hit.

These are the following skills for a marauder which is their clutch moves.

Rapture--spec Anii slows target moment speed(wow the same as force slow big deal)

Ravage-(can be interrupted, your just noob to allow it to hit you.) (sure in carnage spec it wont let you move, and yet you can still stop it from finishing.

Choke ( wow can be break-obviously if your on cd its not their fault, it only means you had a fight before that which cost you in your fight with the marauder. (isn't that the whole point of pvp?)

Anni(wow ya it hits for alot,----2k to 2.8( Full BM) ( with war hero i am sure its in the 3k)<-----is this any diff than any other skill you have that hits for those numbers if not greater? ( you say your a shadow lol, should i say Spinning strike that hits a person for 3k to 4k....5k??? force breach....)

the final skill for carnage is much weaker than anni but can be effective if you use the gore skill which also has a good cd on it.

No point speaking about rage spec because juggs have it too.

Snipers > Marauder

Gun slinger > Marauder

Sorce madness spec> Marauder ( if you don't know sorc puts out crazy amount of damage then you have no place trying to hate on any class for that matter.

Shadows tanks> Marauder

the only bloody class you have an argument with is a Commander and a merc which bio ware clearly stated they fixing the class. 1,3 But like i said if you are spec for healing you shouldn't even be complaining or trying to 1v1 them. as for the healing like i said blame it on your teammates and yourself for not using knock backs.

Edited by Dozoku