I Feel Cheated, I Cant Even Play the Game...

LordoftheDerps

Look im a first time complainer as the server's had never really bothered me until now.

I just recently took place in a lvl 50 PvP battle where the Rep had 4 players and the Imps had a full team. Not even that since the Rep cant get a team going or anything the Imperials always win, making them gain armor much MUCH faster than any Rep player can. So most of us are Battlemaster/Recruit armor and their whole team is Battlemaster and War Hero, with one guild pretty much ruining the fun for everyone. I cant even stand in a corner and heal for 3 medals its impossible to get anywhere! I no longer can advance in the game because of Biowares fault, and dont even get me started on PvE grouping. Server transfers should have happened last month as now, on a Sunday night at 8pm there is 4 people PvPing on Zaalbarr and I know its worse on other servers. Im not one to complain often but I actually feel like Ive been robbed of what I was promised. The game is not playable in its current state and whenever 1.3 comes out, which will be in probably a month, it will be WAY to late. While this thread probably will get locked for stupid reasons I just want to voice my own opinion in a problem that is much larger than is perceived.

No amount of defending Bioware can make up for this blunder, they need to come out and admit they were late.

So...just because you are on the low population side on a specific server, it's Bioware's fault you get creamed in PvP?

Create a new toon on a new server.

It doesn't take that long to get to 50, especially if you've already done it once, and then you can once again enjoy the game. Whining about lack of transfers isn't going to magically make the design and implementation of such a system happen faster.

Bioware didn't force you on to your current server and Bioware didn't force you to chose the low population side, so stop blaming Bioware for a problem you can easily fix by rolling on a new server.

I hear Fatman is hopping these days...even has a queue to log in tonight.

Look im a first time complainer as the server's had never really bothered me until now.

I just recently took place in a lvl 50 PvP battle where the Rep had 4 players and the Imps had a full team. Not even that since the Rep cant get a team going or anything the Imperials always win, making them gain armor much MUCH faster than any Rep player can. So most of us are Battlemaster/Recruit armor and their whole team is Battlemaster and War Hero, with one guild pretty much ruining the fun for everyone. I cant even stand in a corner and heal for 3 medals its impossible to get anywhere! I no longer can advance in the game because of Biowares fault, and dont even get me started on PvE grouping. Server transfers should have happened last month as now, on a Sunday night at 8pm there is 4 people PvPing on Zaalbarr and I know its worse on other servers. Im not one to complain often but I actually feel like Ive been robbed of what I was promised. The game is not playable in its current state and whenever 1.3 comes out, which will be in probably a month, it will be WAY to late. While this thread probably will get locked for stupid reasons I just want to voice my own opinion in a problem that is much larger than is perceived.

No amount of defending Bioware can make up for this blunder, they need to come out and admit they were late.

(In before they delete.)

They don't really care dude. Don't bother...imo.

It's your own fault for rolling on a low pop server, not Bioware's.

So...just because you are on the low population side on a specific server, it's Bioware's fault you get creamed in PvP?

It doesn't take that long to get to 50, especially if you've already done it once, and then you can once again enjoy the game. Whining about lack of transfers isn't going to magically make the design and implementation of such a system happen faster.

Bioware didn't force you on to your current server and Bioware didn't force you to chose the low population side, so stop blaming Bioware for a problem you can easily fix by rolling on a new server.

So...when your server dies....and you complain on the forums....can we point and laugh? :rak_01:

Btw, I don't wish that on anyone, but I sure hope people tell you to reroll.

The idea of rerolling and starting a new character defeats the point, I was "forced" onto this server simply because at launch they didnt have enough servers i did not want to wait for a queue and Zaalbarr has been standard and up and till a few months ago. Why should I have to put in another 80 hours to level another toon when its Biowares fault I cant play on my main? I hope the mods dont look this as I want to discuss why this is such a huge deal thats been thrown under the rug by a lot of community members.

I love how noobs say "just reroll."

That is like saying, "Bioware should randomly delete 1 out of every 3 characters in game. And for those who get unlucky, they can just reroll. Working as intended -- it's good design, I swear!"

Failure = a game that forces you to abandon a thousand hours of work due to a lack of fundamental coding (e.g. xfer framework).

just re-roll on another server or do us all a favour and quit.

just re-roll on another server or do us all a favour and quit.

What will you say if you get all you toons and legasy resetted to lvl 1 (situation when you reroll)?

Would you do this communtiy a favor and quit or you will be puking with **** on forums?

Edited by Maxkardinal

The options sadly, are to re roll and re grind another toon to 50, on a better server as things are at the moment. I did this too on another server, and my progress on that server has been smooth really. I much rather play on my level 50 War Hero though, but is impossible, other than playing dailies and general pve content. I am a PVP player, on a PVP server, where PVP no longer exists.

I really do sympathise with the OP, I understand that sort of thing happened a lot on the server I am on, and yeah the imps got geared much faster than any of us Repubs. I am saying don't leave and give up, just re roll another character, for now, and see how things go.

it amazes me, how no action is ever taken against accounts who are being rude to people telling them to 'quit' I have had infractions on here for less.

Edited by dronepilot

It's your own fault for rolling on a low pop server, not Bioware's.

Have you ever thought that like me he was placed on his server by EA/BW when folks were registering guilds? It's not his fault that his server is now dead Rep side and it's not his fault that he's losing if the other team have four extra players.

It's also not fair to tell him to reroll on another server because of something that EA/BW should have foreseen when they created all these servers to accomodate the initials SWTOR rush, there would have been an inevitable drop off and community managers should have planned for that.

It's not fair to say "Reroll" when the player in question will have already spent time getting his character to 50 and then griding for Battlemaster and other gear...

we had a 4 vs 4 game a while back in voidstar. that was actually fun.

but 4 vs 8 sounds a bit meh.

though I kind of doubt it happens a lot, since the game mechanics behind the warzones is that it only starts when 5 people on both teams are in queue (so if you are only 4 people, blame the 5th person that didn't take the pop!)

and while it's pretty damn hard to win with 5 people, it should be enough to at least get some medals.

I know that doesn't really help you, but maybe for a short time the solution could be to ask people on your server to log in at a specific time so you can warzone?

(I don't know .how. bad the population on your server is, but you should be able to find about 10 people willing to warzone, it's worth a shot)

Hey guys. YES IT IS BIOWARE'S FAULT THAT WE HAVE A TON OF SERVERS WITH ONLY 50 PEOPLE ON THEM.

Character transfer tech should have been implemented shortly after launch. It wasn't implemented because Bioware has no idea what they are doing. Every MMO goes through a sharp contraction in population after launch. It is like a rule. Bioware should have anticipated this and planned accordingly.

They didn't. Thus we have a ton of servers with low populations. We aren't even getting cross server queues in 1.3

I would like BW to immediately institute a new feature that takes every person who ever said 're-roll' or 'quit' on the forum in response to BW's huge mistake with creating the environment at launch that created the low population servers in the first place and transfer them to a low population server....that should help the balance immensely

oh wait...then we would have to play with them..... yuck

its BW fault that ppl play a game or not? reroll or uninstall.

Don't say crap like this. Some people spend months to get to level 50 and all you could say is "REROLL"? That's just stupid.

In a way it is BW's fault but of course not entirely, the reason why people don't play or leave servers is and is also possibly BW's fault.

Think before you speak and enough with the non-sense of "rerolling". It's actually one of the major causes of dwindling population in various servers.