Mergers top priority?

Robbydog

Hi all, please don't flame but I wanted to get everyones opinions on what they consider to be the top priority for new patch features?

There is a reason for me asking, my server (Sith-Ari) has an average of 4-6 people online in the fleet during the weekends.

Flash points haven't happened for months, PVP has really died in the last 3 weeks (6 hours in queue so far, no PVP).

Guildies are getting fewer day by day (3x 16 man ops teams 2 months ago is now 2 8 mans - and other than ops time they often don't login...).

I'm not moaning, great things are incoming and I will continue to subscribe until the tranfers/mergers happen.

But on my server no one cares about ANY of the features up-coming, other than the server transfers. I just wondered if other people felt the same.

They said (the dev's) there was a chance of bringing it in before 1.3, I say stop 1.3 until this is done (don't care about 1.3 but being on a dying server is a massive issue).

/lettheflamesbegin

Hi all, please don't flame but I wanted to get everyones opinions on what they consider to be the top priority for new patch features?

There is a reason for me asking, my server (Sith-Ari) has an average of 4-6 people online in the fleet during the weekends.

Flash points haven't happened for months, PVP has really died in the last 3 weeks (6 hours in queue so far, no PVP).

Guildies are getting fewer day by day (3x 16 man ops teams 2 months ago is now 2 8 mans - and other than ops time they often don't login...).

I'm not moaning, great things are incoming and I will continue to subscribe until the tranfers/mergers happen.

But on my server no one cares about ANY of the features up-coming, other than the server transfers. I just wondered if other people felt the same.

They said (the dev's) there was a chance of bringing it in before 1.3, I say stop 1.3 until this is done (don't care about 1.3 but being on a dying server is a massive issue).

/lettheflamesbegin

Except for the fact plenty of people have posted about this, you shouldn't expect flames. Mergers/transfers/miracles are what many people want. I went ahead and rerolled last night, abandoning two 50's, a 31, a 27, a 23, etc... etc..., since my server was so dead.

Sure, rerolling sucks, but it beats waiting out the next 26 days of my sub being active just leveling up characters that may, or may not, be eligible for a transfer, losing my legacy in the process.

As far as BioWare has stated, they will not be doing server merges. However with 1.3 patch they will allow people to transfer their characters to another server, so you can move yourself onto a more populated server.

they never said transfers were coming out with 1.3, link or it didn't happen.

Transfer info is being held, they haven't told us squat past "soon" and "early summer", the fact that they mention all 1.3 perks and changes but not transfers at all in their ads and news sources, tells me it will be well after 1.3 is released. If it was going to be a REAL "soon" we would already have more info, we don't so they are stalling for some reason.

I am a programmer by profession, BW needs to hire me because transferring data is easy and it would be super easy to create a mass import/export tool in no time. The time it's taking makes zero sense, it's not technical problems that are causing these delays, I blame EA nuff said.

Edited by krisknife

Go look at Community Q&A.

CompassRose: Many players are concerned about the upcoming character transfer feature. One question frequently being voiced in the forums is that of retaining their legacy surname. Is there a mechanic in the transfer feature that will notify a player if the destination server they choose already has their surname locked by another player?

"Daniel Erickson: We’re not quite (almost!) ready to talk about the specifics but rest assured we are doing everything we can to make the process as easy and low-impact to the greatest majority of players as possible. We should have better specifics soon."

Go look at Community Q&A.

exactly you are inferring an awful allot out of hardly any information at all, "soon" is the best we get. No one said 1.3 would include transfers. Nothing in the Q and A makes me feel any better , they have been saying the same line for months now.

With a sea of green light servers and a handfull of yellow standards, here's to hoping I get lucky! I'm sure they'll let people go to another server of their choosing eventually, but it'll be paid and longer than I care to wait. I'll drop out for a bit and come back when it's in place if it comes to that. Hopefully it won't though. May the force be with you., but not you...you I don't like.

Chances are, many servers will see a flux in population and we all know that means FATMANG. It would be amazing to know if the forum community has any target servers they want to transfer to to raise the populus to equate to fat man or freedon nadd.

LvL 47 legacy here. If they don't merge, transfer whatever in the next two weeks I won't be back so I would say that is my top priority if they want my money. I already unsubbed and with my 6 month sub (silly me I know) being up in August I thought I would stick it out but after two weeks of going through this single player game and waiting for a wz to pop I won't last that long.

exactly you are inferring an awful allot out of hardly any information at all, "soon" is the best we get. No one said 1.3 would include transfers. Nothing in the Q and A makes me feel any better , they have been saying the same line for months now.

"This week’s Q&A, as promised, is focused on questions about Game Update 1.3."

"CompassRose: Many players are concerned about the upcoming character transfer feature. One question frequently being voiced in the forums is that of retaining their legacy surname. Is there a mechanic in the transfer feature that will notify a player if the destination server they choose already has their surname locked by another player?

Daniel: We’re not quite (almost!) ready to talk about the specifics but rest assured we are doing everything we can to make the process as easy and low-impact to the greatest majority of players as possible. We should have better specifics soon."

But like you said we can only hope there won't be problems and they have to delay.