STS World PVP - Hoth - Accounts threatened by GM

kiroshei

So you camp low level players in their base and the surrounding area and don't see that as disruptive behavior (which applies to all servers, not just pve ones)? Questing in this game is idiotically linear. Many probably didn't even have an alternative to keep grinding. You were given a warning to leave the area. No further action was taken. I don't see anything wrong with that.

You obviously don't see anything wrong with not comprehending the OP. It was a group of level 50s versus a group of level 50s. Where the hell are you getting "lowbies" from?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you camp low level players in their base and the surrounding area and don't see that as disruptive behavior (which applies to all servers, not just pve ones)? Questing in this game is idiotically linear. Many probably didn't even have an alternative to keep grinding. You were given a warning to leave the area. No further action was taken. I don't see anything wrong with that.

It may not be nice, but is is considered fairplay in most MMORPGs (unless someone is camping a respawn point - which isn't the case here).

It's quite important as much OPvP in games without RvR zones is kicked off by a guild going looking for trouble (and ganking inevitably becomes some part of this).

That's just life on a PvP server.

If SWTOR is different they need to clearly state that.

I dare Bio to threaten my account over world PvP. If I didn't play on The Fatman and if I didn't spend many nights in WZ's with STS I probably wouldn't even believe this post it is so outlandish. I can see some GM over-stepping their bounds in response to a ticket they got from some pub but Bio should clarify if this was the case or not.

It may not be nice, but is is considered fairplay in most MMORPGs (unless someone is camping a respawn point - which isn't the case here).

It's quite important as much OPvP in games without RvR zones is kicked off by a guild going looking for trouble (and ganking inevitably becomes some part of this).

This poster gets it.... is it that hard to understand when rolling your toon... you make the choice you live with that choice or re-roll elsewhere....

Hell I roll PvE, I am not regarded as a liker of PvP but I know if run through Smugglers Den on Tattoine on my PvE server, I do so at my own risk... I have 10 seconds to remove that target on my back, otherwise I absolutely expect to get ganked no matter what lvl I am.. on a PvP server its a gimme before you even get started!

If that is improper behavior then make it official.. no camping bases, no ganking, no calling out to incite PvP, no ... PVP!

Edited by Bloodstealer

so no response from BW? WHy do these big companies crap on customers? Your not "king"! you spite us we leave and you never get us back. one by one might not seem so bad to you, but say that 6 months from now when you have no population.

you should listen to your player base. Other companies have failed...read up on them.

ultimately, the players have the last say.

I dare Bio to threaten my account over world PvP. If I didn't play on The Fatman and if I didn't spend many nights in WZ's with STS I probably wouldn't even believe this post it is so outlandish. I can see some GM over-stepping their bounds in response to a ticket they got from some pub but Bio should clarify if this was the case or not.

inorite

Makes me want to get the boys together and start open world PvPing in the oppositions base on Taris, just to see how quick the GM's are.

Artthen

Since you are in this thread now, any input

to offer regarding the issue of open world pvp

and GM's involving themselves with ban threats?

I sent Artthen a PM about 2.5 hours ago on this issue. They are ignoring it.

But you are missing the point... many people have asked BW to respond and lay this to rest... until they do there is no reason to not think that the OP has a genuine point...

You are quick to defend BW behind your wall of "I need facts" but not so quick to consider the alternative based on a few facts presented without any answer from the gaming gods above - that to me is taking sides even though you fein neutrality in it all

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just not condemning anyone either. But if you cannot comprehend what I have posted without turning into some "you are defending" bioware post then that is in you. I'm not on any ones "side", I just don't rush to conclusions.

We took over a base. We got in an imperial vs republic lvl 50 fight. We regrouped, came back immediately & this GM threatened us not even 5 mins after entering the base.

Ah so the truth comes out. The GM was 100% right. You cannot take over the base then camp the respawn.

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just not condemning anyone either. But if you cannot comprehend what I have posted without turning into some "you are defending" bioware post then that is in you. I'm not on any ones "side", I just don't rush to conclusions.

Ok I will agree to disagree with you and just blame it on the wind pushing you off balance on that fence... for now.

Edited by Bloodstealer

I sent Artthen a PM about 2.5 hours ago on this issue. They are ignoring it.

Hes not ignoring you. He just doesn't have the authority to post on this issue. Due to the truth of the issue & the community involved this is now a PR problem. This will take them a few days to officially respond to.

Ah so the truth comes out. The GM was 100% right. You cannot take over the base then camp the respawn.

The respawn is OUTSIDE the base. How about you go over there and see how its set up before you make your claims....Thanks though it was good effort to derail it for the 3rd time with the same claim.

Srsly... reading comprehension fail alert.

Where they were PvPing was not the respawn point.

People that have never been there just dont get it. The freaking HANGAR to the base where you shuttle in is a PVP FLAGGED ZONE! lol

Swear, some people are just lost and want to prove everything against bioware wrong.

Nice doesn't have anything to do with it if it's behavior that's deemed disruptive. And I've spent years of my life playing on pvp servers in various games. Ganking lowbies where absolutely no level 50's are going to hang out does not inevitably become a part of it unless you simply enjoy griefing lowbies. You could have hit up Belsavis, Illum, and Corelia daily areas (which you ultimately did after getting tossed out) if you were looking for 50's. You weren't. As an aside, I've played games where killing people was acceptable, camping them at all was not. They had to be given an opportunity to leave the area without further killing them. If they chose to stay they would become a target again. I've also played games where it was accepted. Different companies have different policies. You were told to leave. You left. Asking why is reasonable. But the TOS is intentionally vague. Behavior that they don't want people engaging in, or they feel is excessive, they have a right to put a stop to.

The respawn is OUTSIDE the base. How about you go over there and see how its set up before you make your claims....Thanks though it was good effort to derail it for the 3rd time with the same claim.

They already posted you cannot sit and camp the base. Why cant you move away from the base? Ill tell you because you want to gank people at the respawn. The GM again was 100% right. Just because its a pvp server doesnt allow you to grief other players and call it pvp.

To fix this they need to do like LOTRO does and put one shotters around the base. By one shotters I mean if you approach the base you instantly die in one shot. Problem solved no more griefers.

Edited by Leggomy

Nice doesn't have anything to do with it if it's behavior that's deemed disruptive. And I've spent years of my life playing on pvp servers in various games. Ganking lowbies where absolutely no level 50's are going to hang out does not inevitably become a part of it unless you simply enjoy griefing lowbies. You could have hit up Belsavis, Illum, and Corelia daily areas (which you ultimately did after getting tossed out) if you were looking for 50's. You weren't. As an aside, I've played games where killing people was acceptable, camping them at all was not. They had to be given an opportunity to leave the area without further killing them. If they chose to stay they would become a target again. I've also played games where it was accepted. Different companies have different policies. You were told to leave. You left. Asking why is reasonable. But the TOS is intentionally vague. Behavior that they don't want people engaging in, or they feel is excessive, they have a right to put a stop to.

And we as customers have a right to know why.

Errm so you musta skipped the part where it said they re-grouped and ran back to the base... where is that camping the base.. cos i am sure if I was camping it I wouldn't re-group and run back to it... I would stay there and wait ... and where does it state that they camped a respawn area, where doed it state they camped a respawning chest etc etc... they regrouped and run back to the base... there you get that finally - stop making assumptions dude and read first!

But for those sitting on the fence, that could be walking, running or maybe they never really left... without those facts and a statement from above.. its all just heresay with only one side prepared to put it out there for us...

Edited by Bloodstealer

Errm so you musta skipped the part where it said they re-grouped and ran back to the base... where is that camping the base.. cos i am sure if I was camping it I would re-group and run back to it... I would stay there and wait ... and where does it state that they camped a respawn area, where doed it state they camped a respawning chest etc etc... they regrouped and run back to the base... there you get that finally ...

But for those sitting on the fence, that could be walking, running or maybe they never really left... without those facts and a statement from above.. its all just heresay with only one side prepared to put it out there for us...

Again they cannot make a statement. It is against the terms of service and privacy agreement between them and us to comment on this kind of thing. Normal people who are in the right go about complaining the proper way through emails. This guy brought this argument here because he KNOWS the GM cannot defend himself here. So its all lop sided and people like you who already dont like BW jump on this and assume its all 100% fact without any kind of independent thought. You are being played by the OP.

I guess you missed the part where 10 to 40 vs 10 to 40 player versus player pvp has happened in this exact hangar since launch. Ask guilds like Axis, Fight, VoD, Supertroopers. They have all gotten into immense battles in this base. One thing that never happened to them was a GM appearing as a droid threatening action on their accounts. This is a first. If Bioware really wanted this to be a "no pvp" zone they would make it so when they redesigned the guards, etc. They didn't though. So there is a "if i dont like it today you cant do it today" attitude going on. That is not how to do things properly. There are rules that need clarification.

Just because its a pvp server doesnt allow you to grief other players and call it pvp.

I gotta tell ya... in that sense ALL open world pvp is griefing.

Case and point: I'm on my lvl 49 Sorc, running through the world story arc on Ilum by myself. I'm in the middle of killing a mob, when I get jumped by 20 lvl 50 Pubes. <---This griefed my leveling and questing and PvE experience.

Why don't I complain about that? CAUSE IT's A PVP SERVER

Edited by Ignicity

They already posted you cannot sit and camp the base.
Where? Where is this post you speak of? I know. It doesn't exist because they never said it. If you couldnt sit and pvp in the hangar then the hangar wouldn't automatically flag the opposing faction for pvp. Derp.