STS World PVP - Hoth - Accounts threatened by GM

kiroshei

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Disruptive Behavior - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Report Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

How about giving us some freaken answers...

I sent you a PM about 2 hours ago regarding this issue, and you failed to reply to it.

All of this could easily be controlled if you and your fellow BioWare employees would actually have a conversation with us, be it private or in public.

Edited by Ignicity

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you missed the part where they cannot discuss actions against other players in a public place like the forums? Do you not think its odd this is the first time something like this has happened? Are you that gullible to believe anything you read on the internet as 100% factual?

Asking for clarification on what is considered a crime against Carebearism... is not asking one to discuss player actions.... you need to try to think before you leap in....

If the OP was lieing then a statement from BW re-iterating the rules of fairplay when engaging a toon in such a harsh environment would speak volumes without discussing the GM's actions against the player or group.... learn to take pauses in betwen blindposting... tends to help clear the haze a little :D

Edited by Bloodstealer

How about giving us some freaken answers...

He can't answer you. This will go from customer service emailed to the TOS department where that GM was from(i'm sure of it). Then it will be escalated from the TOS department to the PR department so they can figure out what they are and are not allowed to say. Then some developer will post on here with some type of legal response that doesnt incriminate any of them....or something along those lines. Perhaps they will fix the TOS to include "unless on a pvp server" to stop the TOS team from abusing their authority on this matter.

He can't answer you. This will go from customer service emailed to the TOS department where that GM was from(i'm sure of it). Then it will be escalated from the TOS department to the PR department so they can figure out what they are and are not allowed to say. Then some developer will post on here with some type of legal response that doesnt incriminate any of them....or something along those lines. Perhaps they will fix the TOS to include "unless on a pvp server" to stop the TOS team from abusing their authority on this matter.

Or add the "Carebears Stay Away!" into the Server descriptions, when rolling any new toon on such an unfair, harsh and utterly dispicable playing environment :D

Edited by Bloodstealer

What a one sided description of events - sole evidence of one gm saying the "matter is not up for discussion". What is not up for discussion? So many of you are ready to believe that a gm was stopping people pvp because of one screenshot..

so why did he appear? No one actually knows the answer but I would hazard a guess someone complained, or more than one person complained which means there are parts to this story missing, and I won't harass a person because of a screenshot.

They could well be griefing and that is not "real pvp" anyway, it's ganking people that cannot fight back and it's lame, and anyone who does it is lame. But pvp servers attract those type of people I'm afraid, people who like to ruin other people's progress 10 or 20 levels below themselves. Not all of them usually the ones who can't cut it against equally skilled opponents.

So I'm not gonna get on the kick bioware bandwagon in this case because the "evidence" is very skewed and I'm not stupid enough to believe such a one sided account with such scant evidence/one-sided accounts.

Edited by PloGreen

What a one sided description of events - sole evidence of one gm saying the "matter is not up for discussion". What is not up for discussion? So many of you are ready to believe that a gm was stopping people pvp because of one screenshot..

so why did he appear? No one actually knows the answer but I would hazard a guess someone complained, or more than one person complained which means there are parts to this story missing, and I won't harass a person because of a screenshot.

They could well be griefing and that is not "real pvp" anyway, it's ganking people that cannot fight back and it's lame, and anyone who does it is lame. But pvp servers attract those type of people I'm afraid, people who like to ruin other people's progress 10 or 20 levels below themselves. Not all of them usually the ones who can't cut it against equally skilled opponents.

So I'm not gonna get on the kick bioware bandwagon in this case because the "evidence" is very skewed and I'm not stupid enough to believe such a one sided account with such scant evidence/one-sided.

Doooh... of course someone complained... and that's why many people here have asked for something from Bw to clear this up, what is allowed, what isnt .. if the OP was hiding some untruth then its in their interest to say something in order to re-iterate the do's and dont's.... without it.. its just one word against the other without any grounds to criticise or correct.. ie its a shambles waiting to happen again and again and again!

Heck with Illum pulled, RWz pulled 24hrs before 1.2 was due to go live and no official response as to when they are gunna go live and now warnings from GM's for trying to invoke a PvP event on a PvP server (regardless of the facts being qualified) - its not looking such a great game for PvP'er in IMO.. certainly not the adverts I would like to put out to try and entice players in with....

Edited by Bloodstealer

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Disruptive Behavior - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Report Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

The straw that broke the camels back.

This is how i feel about this. Every dumb issue & problem with the game i have handled, until now. I will be unsubscribing and recommending to my dozen or so friends to also unsubscribe for this incident. Fun fact: They're all PvP'ers so i wonder what they'll make of this. That is unless the playerbase gets a Public apology for this ignorant GM's actions.

Thanks.

So I'm not gonna get on the kick bioware bandwagon in this case because the "evidence" is very skewed and I'm not stupid enough to believe such a one sided account with such scant evidence/one-sided accounts.

I'm not going to call you a carebear, even though I'd like to, because I respect and value other peoples point of views.

Edited by Ignicity

Doooh... of course someone complained... and that's why many people here have asked for something from Bw to clear this up, what is allowed, what isnt .. if the OP was hiding some untruth then its in their interest to say something in order to re-iterate the do's and dont's.... without it.. its just one word against the other without any grounds to criticise or correct.. ie its a shambles waiting to happen again and again and again!

But still you people rush to conclusions based on one screenshot, and some random dude on a forums version of what took place. More evidence is needed and more clarification from people who were involved. The gm may well be in the wrong, but I have seen no evidence to support that at all - have you?

But still you people rush to conclusions based on one screenshot, and some random dude on a forums version of what took place. More evidence is needed and more clarification from people who were involved. The gm may well be in the wrong, but I have seen no evidence to support that at all - have you?

Without a complaint there would be no investigation.

Don't you think this accusation deserves investigation?

I'm not going to call you a carebear, even though I'd like to, because I respect and value other peoples point of views.

Go ahead and call me a care bear lol. I just prefer to base any judgements on facts and evidence, if that makes me a carebear so be it.

This.

Two bits of a chatlog pasted together does not prove your story. And is all too reminiscent of the made up claims of getting banned for arbitrary stuff on the forums around launch to me.

I haven't seen any evidence to support that the GM was right..... HAVE YOU!

You can butter it up all you like but simple fact is when you roll on a PvP server you do so on the understanding you become a target.... until otherwise quashed my point still stands.. its a shambles waiting to happen again and again!

Edited by Bloodstealer

Ok. These types of reactions are to be expected. It does seem that you did skip from the first page to the last and didnt get the full story. What i will tell you is this....I am in Seal Team Sith. There isn't a single player that does pvp on The Fatman that doesn't dread playing against us in a warzone. That is not ego. That is fact. We are a force to be reckoned with in the pvp community on that server and we all respect each other and have great times(well some more then others). You won't find one single pvper that will come in here and say we are bad as a guild.

We took over a base. We got in an imperial vs republic lvl 50 fight. We regrouped, came back immediately & this GM threatened us not even 5 mins after entering the base. Think what you will since you don't know us. The first page of this thread is already responded to by some of the top pvpers in this server. You just don't know us because you're on some no name pvp server. Not your fault but now its you making the assumptions.

Edited by kiroshei

I haven't seen any evidence to support that the GM was right..... HAVE YOU!

In which case my point stands.. its a shambles waiting to happen.

But yet people are quick to jump on the bioware gms ruin pvp bandwagon without knowing a damn thing about what happened.

I'm not taking sides which is what you seem to be inferring, just pointing out there is a distinct lack of evidence to confirm what is being claimed other than one screenshot and a guys version of

But yet people are quick to jump on the bioware gms ruin pvp bandwagon without knowing a damn thing about what happened.

I'm not taking sides which is what you seem to be inferring, just pointing out there is a distinct lack of evidence to confirm what is being claimed other than one screenshot and a guys version of

Silence from the other party isn't helping, and certainly shouldn't be used as a defence to these kind of accusations

From what I understand what the were doing was clearly within the rules of PvP server, if it is not then it needs to be clarified and rhe TOS ammended to clearly state this.

So you camp low level players in their base and the surrounding area and don't see that as disruptive behavior (which applies to all servers, not just pve ones)? Questing in this game is idiotically linear. Many probably didn't even have an alternative to keep grinding. You were given a warning to leave the area. No further action was taken. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Its not one one guys version. Its 12 members of a straight pvp guild's version. Which some have responded and confirmed in this thread. Do you think i'd make this up and post a screenshot for lols? As I said if Bioware wants to prove it all wrong they can check the logs themself. And believe me they will be checking the logs. They will see this is all truth and have to explain what happened. This thread won't be closed because its a serious problem for our pvp community.

I could do 50 warzones a day and NONE of them felt more Star Wars then our open world pvp fight in that Hoth base. That is the true nature of real pvp. No rewards. No omg where is my credits. Just straight up pvp for the sake of pvp. And it was shat on by some uppity GM that didnt like it. Not only did he not like it he gave attitude about it.

So you camp low level players in their base and the surrounding area and don't see that as disruptive behavior (which applies to all servers, not just pve ones)? Questing in this game is idiotically linear. Many probably didn't even have an alternative to keep grinding. You were given a warning to leave the area. No further action was taken. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Learn to read a whole thread and not the first page. Noone stopped any low level from leaving. If you knew anything about Hoth's republic base the medcenter is located outside where you can spawn and be on your merry way. If you knew anything about this thread you would know that the republic sent 20 lvl 50s there to attack us just prior to this GM threatening us. Thank you come again.

Edited by kiroshei

A clarification of "this is fine" or "this is against TOS on a PvP server" would let everyone know where they stand. :)

But you are missing the point... many people have asked BW to respond and lay this to rest... until they do there is no reason to not think that the OP has a genuine point...

You are quick to defend BW behind your wall of "I need facts" but not so quick to consider the alternative based on a few facts presented without any answer from the gaming gods above - that to me is taking sides even though you fein neutrality in it all

Ok. These types of reactions are to be expected. It does seem that you did skip from the first page to the last and didnt get the full story. What i will tell you is this....I am in Seal Team Sith. There isn't a single player that does pvp on The Fatman that doesn't dread playing against us in a warzone. That is not ego. That is fact. We are a force to be reckoned with in the pvp community on that server and we all respect each other and have great times(well some more then others). You won't find one single pvper that will come in here and say we are bad as a guild.

We took over a base. We got in an imperial vs republic lvl 50 fight. We regrouped, came back immediately & this GM threatened us not even 5 mins after entering the base. Think what you will since you don't know us. The first page of this thread is already responded to by some of the top pvpers in this server. You just don't know us because you're on some no name pvp server. Not your fault but now its you making the assumptions.

Alot of assumptions are being made in this thread and I have made none.

Only pointing out what should be obvious.