STS World PVP - Hoth - Accounts threatened by GM

kiroshei

This is just ........sad.....so sad. Another big black mark for BW and company. Was this type of behavior and conduct by the the gm actually condonned by BW 's team? If this is the type of attitude that BW is gonna give us regarding pvp (on a GODDAM pvp server) then this game deserves to go down in flames. Just sad.

meh i unsubbed months ago... i read the forums because this is where all the PvP really takes place... yes yes i know im posting and yes im unsubbed check my sig and note the date/time i can still post when ever i want kk thx bai... BW is such a cluster<four letter word>... my moneys going to maplestory untill this game dies and another dev picks it up... or is redone from scratch... no pvp allowed on Pvp server HA my sides hurt from laughing so hard. stick with it fanbois and "new to MMO's so i dont know better" IP only goes so far...

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not know what actually happened with the case. Usually GM will not show up for nothing not mention to give a warning for banning accts, unless it comes to hack, harassment, real-life threatening, etc. All we know here is only from one side (Imps).

As far as, i know pvp on pvp server, especially when a side with more people camps the weaker side, usually come together with insulting. Sometimes it is really bad, like gender discrimination, racist, sexual harassment, etc. And if a " warning for banning " was given out, it means campers had to do something seriously wrong.

So before jumping over the place like kids, wait until we hear the other side of the story. If GM was corrupted, he/she will lose the job (way easier than people think). :rak_02:

LOL

I play republic on Fatman and this does not surprise me at all.

On the republic side we have a ridiculous amount of carebears that don't understand the concept of PvP on a PvP server. I just brought my sage through Tattoine yesterday, and the amount of whining from people about being knocked off the balloon by a sorc is crazy.

Imps on this server just LOVE to camp us because they outnumber us 3 to 1. Some people can take it, most of them can't and I could imagine alot of tickets were probably sent in about this to get this kind of response.

i wish i could taste thier Carebear tears... "Carebear Tears™ it gives your Paladin Wings!"

That said, whoever the GM is should have been saying things more in line with this. The problem, of course, is that your screen shot obviously only covers a small portion of that conversation. What else did they say? What were the FIRST things this GM said to you, and did your team of 20 Imperials just tell them to screw off and leave you alone? Was the GM trying to get you to stop perpetually ganking players and letting them get out of the base into the world, or did they just show up demanding you all leave all of the sudden?

Youre not missing anything at all actually. He gave 2 warnings and then straight to a final warning. THat is the exact conversation flow of what was happening. We did have some nice words for him in ventrilo. But we showed nothing but respect in game and even left the area for him. It was the "there will be no discussion" attitude that was downright crazy.

I did not know what actually happened with the case. Usually GM will not show up for nothing not mention to give a warning for banning accts, unless it comes to hack, harassment, real-life threatening, etc. All we know here is only from one side (Imps).

As far as, i know pvp on pvp server, especially when a side with more people camps the weaker side, usually come together with insulting. Sometimes it is really bad, like gender discrimination, racist, sexual harassment, etc. And if a " warning for banning " was given out, it means campers had to do something seriously wrong.

So before jumping over the place like kids, wait until we hear the other side of the story. If GM was corrupted, he/she will lose the job (way easier than people think). :rak_02:

First of all, BW is manned by cowards and we never will hear the other side of the story lol.

Secondly, there is no viable other side of the story. Whether it was ganking or not, on a PvP server this behavior is supposed to happen. BW does not get PvP, or MMO development and game play for that matter, at all. This isn't something that there can be a discussion about, it's yet another pure fail moment by the people at Bioware.

If you would like to know my tactics to get the opposing faction to bring their lvl 50s and friends its

/say U BAD

/say LOL OWNED

/say Y SO BAD??!

Thats all we do to start guild fights. And it works like a charm. We dont curse or anything at other players. We just have fun. He stepped in because the whole base and all the guards were dead thanks to us.

Read the TOS. You are not allowed to impede with someones enjoyment of the game. If your pvp group was after simple pvp it would be no issue, but you were camped out of the base, probably killing every lowbie and quest doer you saw, until they reported you for griefing. I don't care if it is a PVP server, the GM was right to break up your posse. Stop ganking lowbies on Hoth of all places, and find some real pvp.

So we are camping Aurek base to start some World PVP. 20 level 50 repubs show up to fight and leave. Next thing ya know a GM comes on by the name of U4-T2 and threatens all our accounts unless we leave the area. This is The Fatman. A pvp server. Such things are allowed on a pvp server yet we arent even allowed to talk to the GM threatening us with it. He was using the skin of a CS-Droid just following us everywhere. Here is a screenshot of what he was saying. We also opened a customer service ticket and were told hes not allowed to do these things. So bioware likes to STOP world pvp on a pvp server? lol What a joke.

http://imageshack.us/f/26/gmstopsworldpvp.jpg/

If you can't fight on a PvP server then there is no point to having them. Bizzare behaviour by Bioware. :(

Isn't aurek base like a lvl 35ish to 40 area? Yeah it's a pvp server (I play on one too) but camping an area where most of the players flowing through will be 10 or so levels lower than you.......yeah you guys are bad*ss. But hey different strokes for different folks right? Edited by GweedoBane

Isn't aurek base like a lvl 35ish to 40 area? Yeah it's a pvp server (I play on one too) but camping an area where most of the players flowing through will be 10 or so levels lower than you.......yeah you guys are ******. But hey different strokes for different folks right?

my guild once camped a dumbchit in EQ until his body rotted.... that was a FUN week! be thankful MMO's nowadays come with pacifiers and a wet nurse willing to let you suckle.

my guild once camped a dumbchit in EQ until his body rotted.... that was a FUN week! be thankful MMO's nowadays come with pacifiers and a wet nurse willing to let you suckle.

Lol I feel sorry for you dude, like get a life. I guess you and your frands had a good pvp week huh?

So many freaken carebears posting about PvP when I'm not even sure they know what the letters "PvP" stand for.

Yea, you know who you are, you're the whinny little bishes complaining about griefing lowbies when it was reportedly level 50s vs level 50s.

Whats the use in having Open World PvP when your not allowed to PvP in the open world.

Seriously, you carebears (and you know who you are) need to re-roll on a RP-PvE or PvE server, 'cause by petitioning GM's to ban PvP players on a PvP server for PvPing is griefing my game experience.

Edited by Ignicity

You are wrong. 20 lvl 50 republic players attacked us in that exact base just before this. It wasn't for griefing low level players. If it was then how can they explain the 20 lvl 50's that just attacked us there? It was creating a world pvp event. Which is encouraged on a pvp server. So we thought.

As to those quoting the TOS i'll quote the Server Selection screen word for word. You may want to read the last sentence a few times before you defend this GM. Thanks.

PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER SERVER:

This environment allows players to attack other players in many areas of the game. If you are looking for a taste of direct intergalactic conflict against other players, this may be the type of server for you. Please be advised that interactions and activities that occur as part of player versus player combat on this type of server are not considered a form of harassment or actionable behavior by Customer Service.

Absafrigginglutely..... the GM was likely one of those who got their a** handed to them, likely several times and had to try and even the score in hi8s or her little world... lame a** GM/CS in this game is just another nail in an overhyped games coffin..... What next RP players getting warned for using /sitting in chairs without permission.. ooh wait you cant anyway can ya :)

Seriously though... dont expect any kind of official line on this thread excetpt.. "blah blah blah, this thread is now closed blah blah blah....... "

If you are camping a base and preventing others from playing the game, you are disrupting play which is against the ToS.

This is what PvE only players don't understand... Open world PvP such as described above is part of the game on PvP Servers. It's usually not meant to be mean either or to keep a person from experiencing the game but to bring about a retaliation by the opposing side. The GM who interfered with the camping of the base actually killed any possibility of an unscripted World PvP Event which is the reason why most people go to a PvP server to begin with.

If this is what Bioware condones from their GM's then they might as well go about the business of changing all their PvP servers to PvE only servers so that the PvP population can move on to a game that better suits their style.

Bioware has a problem and it isn't with the players who were camping the base but with the GM. The GM should have told the players making the complaint that they are on a PvP server and if they cannot handle being attacked then they should move to a PvE server.

Hand holding doesn't apply to PvP servers.

I would like an official reply from Bioware because if this GM's position is the company's position then I don't see the reason for me to continue my subscription.

Read the TOS. You are not allowed to impede with someones enjoyment of the game. If your pvp group was after simple pvp it would be no issue, but you were camped out of the base, probably killing every lowbie and quest doer you saw, until they reported you for griefing. I don't care if it is a PVP server, the GM was right to break up your posse. Stop ganking lowbies on Hoth of all places, and find some real pvp.

That's what you sign up for on a PvP server.

To suggest there is only "fair" PvP on PvP server is silly.

It is a harsh environment and certainly not for everyone........ but then that is what PvE servers are for! :eek:

Hand holding doesn't apply to PvP servers.

I would like an official reply from Bioware because if this GM's position is the company's position then I don't see the reason for me to continue my subscription.

I agree completely with this and i too would like an official statement from BW. There should be a petition presented by players to make sure Bw release somekind of official word on this situation. This is so ridiculous, really. I too will have no reason to continue my sub if pvp is treated/handled in this horrible manner. Pvp here as is, is one of the worst i've experienced in mmos, if not THE worst. My hats go off to the players who took the initative and TRIED to start somekind of exciting world pvp on that server, inlight of all the decaying communties across all servers. Stuff like this was/is needed to keep game this game alive, its a real shame they were shot down like that. Just incredibly sad for pvp when i hear **** like this.

I find the smug geek megalomania of the GM, as well as the carebear disregard for the reality of what PvP is disgusting. We have just seen how Bioware has decided to revitalize world pvp.

I signed up for six months in December, and I was willing to sign back up for another six to give this game a full year. Now I'm not sure I'm going to renew my sub at all.

I do wonder about the dynamics of what was happening though. Why take over Aurek and not one of the other bases on Hoth? Again, I understand the intent, and I had great fun evicting the Imperials that took over Pallas Spaceport on Alderaan, but if you're taking the starting base for a faction, you're essentially blocking the use of the entire planet. Instead of just giving you some extra benefits like a world PVP system might, you were essentially just blocking players from enjoying the game.

Now if you were letting players go through after hitting them once on their way in, that's a different story. But if you were literally camping the base and just wiping people out in perpetuity, never giving them a chance to get out of the base and out onto the planet to run missions, then I can see why that might be seen as something outside the normal intent of PVP.

That said, whoever the GM is should have been saying things more in line with this. The problem, of course, is that your screen shot obviously only covers a small portion of that conversation. What else did they say? What were the FIRST things this GM said to you, and did your team of 20 Imperials just tell them to screw off and leave you alone? Was the GM trying to get you to stop perpetually ganking players and letting them get out of the base into the world, or did they just show up demanding you all leave all of the sudden?

This looks bad on BioWare's part, but we're conveniently missing the rest of this conversation and what you and your team was doing. So I'm not really ready to assign the entire blame to BioWare.

Care to share the rest of the story?

So in other words the developers did a poor job when it came to placing guards inside the main spaceport on every system so players can actually get out.Thats what is sounds to me.And why the hell cant guards see players in stealth.

That's what you sign up for on a PvP server.

To suggest there is only "fair" PvP on PvP server is silly.

It is a harsh environment and certainly not for everyone........ but then that is what PvE servers are for! :eek:

Yip...

Its a PVP server and the discalimer they provide is by its own admission negates the harrassment asnd "NOT FAIR" parts of your ToS.. simples.. if players want to roll there.. expect the unexpected or enjoy the taste of your own tears!

I guess Bioware only wants us to pvp in the same 4 warzones over and over and over. Clearly the carebears in this thread have never leveled a toon through tarren mill back in vanilla days. You call yourselves pvpers. Play the "ganking lowbies" card all you want. Those lowbies have alts. The alts are 50. They come en masse to defend their bases. This feels way more star warsish then any random queue warzone. Obviously this GM made a bad call and now hes clearly going to pay for it. Customer service tickets were made. Investigations are being done and already this thread is going above the 1.3 rated warzone thread because its an issue. This is the problem. Customer Service has their rules. Clearly stated on the server selection screen. What most don't know is the TOS team(most likely who this GM was from) has their own marshall law rules when it comes to this game. There are loop holes the TOS team abuse and conflict with the Customer Service teams. These need to be redone. Not only that, if GM did ban our accounts, we would send disputes but the Customer Service team has no contact with the TOS team so those disputes go unheard of even though Customer Service claim that this type of PVP is acceptable. Which is WHY bioware need to give us an explanation.

So in other words the developers did a poor job when it came to placing guards inside the main spaceport on every system so players can actually get out.Thats what is sounds to me.And why the hell cant guards see players in stealth.

Players in stealth level 1 or 2 can be seen (quickly) but when you do your 6 second level 15 stealth (at least for Assassins/shadows; I'm not sure what it's called or if there is a move for the scoundrels/operatives), then you can pass the guards.

I mean sure people could complain that the guards should have a billion more HP and one shot everyone, but that doesn't really solve the problem per se.