Star Wars 1313- the new star wars game!

Saseav

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially since the Legacy era is in danger of being retconned. Luke is dead in it, so we'll have to wait and see. We all know how George is about his Big Three being alive in Star Wars. lol

They could get around it by not including Luke in anymore novels and then go back and kill him off 1000 years down the line when it is ok. (Lol, 1000 years. It will probably be at least until George Lucas passes away.)

Especially since the Legacy era is in danger of being retconned. Luke is dead in it, so we'll have to wait and see. We all know how George is about his Big Three being alive in Star Wars. lol

Somehow, I doubt they'll actually make a game in that time frame, since not everyone knows about it. To make it appeal to the larger audience, I'm guessing either something set just after the OT or something set back a ways before the Prequels.

how can you retcon something that well, takes place a 130 years after IV. Even with Star Wars techs most humans died at most 10-15 years prior no?

Nothing to apologize for, I think the majority of us are fed up with games being set during the Clone Wars. It always seems to be the Clone Wars this, the Clone Wars that. Hell.. for a war that only lasts 3 years we sure have spent a lot of time covering it.

This is true. I really hope that they have a game that takes place during the 19 year gap between Episode III and Episode IV(but not near the end of it like TFU) or a game that takes place during the Late Sith Wars or another era entirely.

Edited by Aitix

how can you retcon something that well, takes place a 130 years after IV. Even with Star Wars techs most humans died at most 10-15 years prior no?

Because of the Canon system, and George's love of messing with it from time to time. Right now, the Legacy comics are C-Canon, but that could change if George says so. He's already retconned Wookiee Jedi with Lowbacca being the only exception to the rule, and left standing orders for there to be no more Wookiee Jedi added. He also had the Tales of the Jedi writers rewrite the Jedi Code to make it more restrictive. And of course, his standing orders for Luke, Leia, and Han to NOT be killed. Legacy is already skating on thin ice by having all three of them deceased, even so far into the future. I am fully expecting George to get a wild hair up his 4th point of contact and go off with another retcon spree. It'll probably stay as a comics series, but under the Infinities label if or when George sticks his nose in again.

Seriously, if George hates an idea that much, he's going to retcon to his heart's content. I'm just wondering what's taking him so long to get around to it. lol

Nothing to apologize for, I think the majority of us are fed up with games being set during the Clone Wars. It always seems to be the Clone Wars this, the Clone Wars that. Hell.. for a war that only lasts 3 years we sure have spent a lot of time covering it.

I'm just hoping TCW doesn't try to be M*A*S*H. ONLY M*A*S*H could make a war last 8 years longer than it really did. :p

Because of the Canon system, and George's love of messing with it from time to time. Right now, the Legacy comics are C-Canon, but that could change if George says so. He's already retconned Wookiee Jedi with Lowbacca being the only exception to the rule, and left standing orders for there to be no more Wookiee Jedi added. He also had the Tales of the Jedi writers rewrite the Jedi Code to make it more restrictive. And of course, his standing orders for Luke, Leia, and Han to NOT be killed. Legacy is already skating on thin ice by having all three of them deceased, even so far into the future. I am fully expecting George to get a wild hair up his 4th point of contact and go off with another retcon spree. It'll probably stay as a comics series, but under the Infinities label if or when George sticks his nose in again.

Seriously, if George hates an idea that much, he's going to retcon to his heart's content. I'm just wondering what's taking him so long to get around to it. lol

Well yeah, but still takes place long after any could be alive....

If the Lucasarts big wigs knew what they were doing they would make a sequel to Republic Commando or BF3. This is probably the only way they are going to get the big bucks. Can we all agre that RC and BF3 are two of the greatest games ever. A new KOTOR wouldn't hurt either :)

If the Lucasarts big wigs knew what they were doing they would make a sequel to Republic Commando or BF3. This is probably the only way they are going to get the big bucks. Can we all agre that RC and BF3 are two of the greatest games ever. A new KOTOR wouldn't hurt either :)

^This except add in a Jedi Knight and X-wing vs Tie Fighter. I hope the new franchise is spectacular and the best Star Wars experience of all time...

^This except add in a Jedi Knight and X-wing vs Tie Fighter. I hope the new franchise is spectacular and the best Star Wars experience of all time...

Yes. Make new games for JK and X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter as well. they need to ask the fans what games they want to see. i think game devs forget who they are making the games for.

They need to ask the fans what games they want to see. i think game devs forget who they are making the games for.

I agree with this statement so much, people have been screaming for certain game sequels for years and yet we get ignored. Their revenue would probably double or triple if they listened. The newer games are somewhat bland and have low replayability as well.

I agree with this statement so much, people have been screaming for certain game sequels for years and yet we get ignored. Their revenue would probably double or triple if they listened. The newer games are somewhat bland and have low replayability as well.

EAW sequel?

I would like another massive RTS similar to EAW. I got real addicted to the Space combat in that game.

I could care less for an RPG from Star Wars unless Bioware is involved which I highly doubt they will be. (seeing what they did with ME and then apply it to a SW game.....would be awesome)

And since we know its a brand new franchise, any hopes for a BF3 are out to. So im all for RTS

(also why are there so many people sound all anti-Vong on here, i enjoyed them in NJO)

(EDIT) and after reading a bunch of previous post

Anything Post RoTJ would be pretty cool except for a few things I guess. I'm a big fan of NJO timeline (really why all the vong hate?) Thrawns era would not be to bad either. I personally would not wanting it taking place during Palpatines return, Jedi Academy Novels, or immediately after RoTJ.

I would also be disappointed if its a Boba Fett game taking place in the Galactic Civil War, post GCW im down though.

And as much as Lego Star Wars was fun, It would be refreshing to have something more serious and fitting in the EU (no force unleashed BS) (preferably single player)

Edited by Stephenjdoug

I would like another massive RTS similar to EAW. I got real addicted to the Space combat in that game.

I could care less for an RPG from Star Wars unless Bioware is involved which I highly doubt they will be. (seeing what they did with ME and then apply it to a SW game.....would be awesome)

And since we know its a brand new franchise, any hopes for a BF3 are out to. So im all for RTS

(also why are there so many people sound all anti-Vong on here, i enjoyed them in NJO)

Personally, don't see how a game could be made arouund them. I liked them, just don't think they work in games

Vong don't seem all that hard? An all out war against a massive army that uses organic weapons, reforming once beloved worlds.

That be a fun game, could put you in as some random bounty hunter maybe at first working for the Peace Bridage then realizing how worthless they are, Defecting and helping out the New Republic. (Im picturing this all in some Mass Effect Format)

Vong don't seem all that hard? An all out war against a massive army that uses organic weapons, reforming once beloved worlds.

That be a fun game, could put you in as some random bounty hunter maybe at first working for the Peace Bridage then realizing how worthless they are, Defecting and helping out the New Republic. (Im picturing this all in some Mass Effect Format)

Well I mean the Series is pretty much 14 books of getting their asses kicked, then one or 2 books as the Jedi, and han get their heads out of their asses. and then slowly regaining ground. and winning in the last 3.

It would not have to span all the books that be to much, the story told in the game could be something small, like I said in my last post. Maybe your Jedi or some Ace Pilot flying around with Kyp doing his crazy missions because he doesn't know how to sit still. Maybe some elite Commando unit, that do some crazy suicide missions on Vong Controlled planets, rescuing senators or maybe captured Jedi on world ships ... I obviously have not thought this through, all i'm saying its definitely possible.

EDIT: and honestly i'm biased I love the NJO series, and would love to see a decent game take place in that timeline showing some vong off and some cameo appearances from, the Solo Twins (well actually Jaina be fine Jacen is whiny and a traitor), or maybe your escaping Sernpidal as Chewie dies.

Edited by Stephenjdoug