Anyone else get an email survey from EA??

NDiggy

ROFL, I can imagine the mail :

1.Do you like SWTOR?

2. Will you pay for expansion packs?

3. Do you like the legacy system?

4.Do you like the idea of playing with wookies and hutts?

5.How can we improve the game?

6.Do you have an athenticathor key? (if the answer is yes thank you for your time)

7.Please provide us with your username and password of SWTOR

Thank you for your time.

ROFL, I can imagine the mail :

1.Do you like SWTOR?

2. Will you pay for expansion packs?

3. Do you like the legacy system?

4.Do you like the idea of playing with wookies and hutts?

5.How can we improve the game?

6.Do you have an athenticathor key? (if the answer is yes thank you for your time)

7.Please provide us with your username and password of SWTOR

Thank you for your time.

Thats got to be a fraud, they didn't ask for your DXDiag in spoiler tags.

Wow...most irrational community ever. :rolleyes:

Torwars.com was talking about it today on their podcast it's legit.

lol dont bother, they wont believe you.

I dont blame people for being wary of anything you get in your email about games, but the amount of spam people get from wow hackers seem to have made people just flat out paranoid. It doesnt matter that this survey is from a legit company or that it doesnt ask for any personal info, they will say its a keylogger or it implants a gps device through your monitor into your eye to help george bush blow up the statue of liberty.

Edited by Mallorik

lol dont bother, they wont believe you.

I dont blame people for being wary of anything you get in your email about games, but the amount of spam people get from wow hackers seem to have made people just flat out paranoid. It doesnt matter that this survey is from a legit company or that it doesnt ask for any personal info, they will say its a keylogger or it implants a gps device through your monitor into your eye to help george bush blow up the statue of liberty.

I'm skeptical because I have yet to see anything OTHER than the same document on Google docs. (Which, is what both Torwars and Reddit are looking at.)

If ANYONE has received an actual e-mail regarding this survey, I'd like to see the e-mail headers. That's the surest way to find out if it's actually from a survey firm, or somewhere else...

Digging thru Reddit... (no wonder I never go there...) finally found a few people that posted screenshots... may indeed be real... Just wish I could see the e-mail headers...

I got an email from these guys - http://www.magid.com/ acting as a third party for Bioware.

Did you check the e-mail headers? Is it indeed from that survey company?

Also, are you a current SWTOR sub, or have you unsubbed? (Since some are indicating they received it after unsubbing.)

Did you check the e-mail headers? Is it indeed from that survey company?

Also, are you a current SWTOR sub, or have you unsubbed? (Since some are indicating they received it after unsubbing.)

The email header was from swtor@d.surveysonline.com

According to Whois - http://who.stsoftware.biz/d-surveysonline-com.htm - d.surveysonline.com is registered to Frank N. Magid Associates.

As for my sub status, I had unsubbed, but re-subbed after 1.2 came out, and I also filled out the "we're sorry you're leaving" survey too, which I'm guessing might have been the real reason some peeps got surveys and others didn't - given I'd already demonstrated a willingness to fill out customer feedback surveys.

Edited by Cylux
Clarifying sub status

The email header was from swtor@d.surveysonline.com

According to Whois - http://who.stsoftware.biz/d-surveysonline-com.htm - d.surveysonline.com is registered to Frank N. Magid Associates.

:( This along with some of the more recent news coming out makes me a little sad... I've been talking a couple of friends into getting SWTOR, and have told them to hold off for a bit now... I certainly hope BioWare gets a new CRM soon (that will post via the forums) to let us know more of what's going on...

Edited by LupieZero