Give me 1 reason why we can't talk with other faction

Drom

I know, we can talk with other faction via /say, but why can't we use /tell, mail etc? What's the point? We all talk basic (SW language)

I really don't see any point in this game.

Please tell me why?

EDIT:

ok, to address some of the responses:

"people would cheat" - that doesn't make any sense, you can use 3rd party communication to cheat (teamspeak etc.) it's faster and most people use it anyway

"people would trashtalk each other" - only encounter where this could happen is via Warzone matches, cos open world pvp is DEAD. And at least 50% of all warzones are same faction matches, where's trashtalking on daily bases

Edited by Drom

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, we can talk with other faction via /say, but why can't we use /tell, mail etc? What's the point? We all talk basic (SW language)

Please tell me why?

Because WoW doesn't let you do it....nuff said ;)

Please tell me why?

The old reason? to prevent cheating in PvP.

You can easily have a mole/spy using in-game system to cheat. BUT people will say "I have vent! I can use outside chat" true, but that takes MORE work to cheat in PvP than in-game which is easy to use :)

Other than that? create illusion that we are not suppose to talk in secret with other factions ;)

Because WoW doesn't let you do it....nuff said ;)

but why? do they speak different languages?

however if that's the case, than the development team is worse than I thought

but why? do they speak different languages?

however if that's the case, than the development team is worse than I thought

Historically it was always to stop the insults, flames and (most importantly as far as an MMO company is concerned) infinte CSR reports (which clog the CSR system to death) generated by ganking/PvP.

Although with SWTOR this does seem a little irrelevent in several different ways.

Edited by Goretzu

The old reason? to prevent cheating in PvP.

You can easily have a mole/spy using in-game system to cheat. BUT people will say "I have vent! I can use outside chat" true, but that takes MORE work to cheat in PvP than in-game which is easy to use :)

Other than that? create illusion that we are not suppose to talk in secret with other factions ;)

are you kidding me? 90% of my warzones are against the same faction, sometimes even against my guildies! I can talk all they long with them... and "cheat" if you can call it that. There's trashtalking all over the place and that's apparently fine, but NO trashtalking between factions, whitch would at least make sense

Please tell me why?

Because Bioware didn't implement it.

This game probably wouldn't have two factions if it weren't for WoW.

Yes because clearly there was only ever one faction in the Star Wars universe... Bioware completely made up the whole "Republic" thing just to copy WoW...

Please tell me why?

Let me put it in an example: If you, one of the bounty hunters working for the Empire, would send a mail or private message to a Republic citizen, the Imperial Intelligence would kidnap you and interrogate you until you would confess everything (even the things you never heard about). Same goes for the Republic SiS. Since you are not a suspect in any of the current investigations, you are not under constant surveillance and so the personal meeting with a member of the opposing faction is still a possibility.

I however agree with you that on non-RP servers, it should be allowed to send in game mail between the factions as long as they are part of your legacy. Role-playing factor is important but if you cannot help out your alts with the gear, there is no point in having any other professions except for Biochem.

Edited by Jedlosson

Roleplay reason: Your comm technology is different, like Macs and PCs.

Real reason: It ruins the game if you can talk to the other faction. You will get spammed with tellls saying "you suck" after warzones. You will have your sexual orientation questioned. You will have your intelligence insulted. In beta, there was a time we could talk to the other side. We tried it. It was terrible. They fixed it.

You can! :)

Sorry m8. I have tried it today. I cannot mail crafted items to my alts on opposing faction. Always says that the player/character was not found.

Only thing that works are the special "legacy-bound items" which you can trade in the capital city.

Edited by Jedlosson

Let me put it in an example: If you, one of the bounty hunters working for the Empire, would send a mail or private message to a Republic citizen, the Imperial Intelligence would kidnap you and interrogate you until you would confess everything (even the things you never heard about). Same goes for the Republic SiS. Since you are not a suspect in any of the current investigations, you are not under constant surveillance and so the personal meeting with a member of the opposing faction is still a possibility.

that would be great feature in the game. :))) too bad, it's way too sandboxy for Bioware.

Historically it was always to stop the insults, flames and (most importantly as far as an MMO company is concerned) infinte CSR reports (which clog the CSR system to death) generated by ganking/PvP.

Although with SWTOR this does seem a little irrelevent in several different ways.

This is the correct answer.

In Beta, you were allowed to talk to members of the opposing faction freely, but there was too much griefing.

Imagine The Barrens and Goldshire chat being one in the same, where you could say the most horrible things about opposing players and then proceed to kill them.

Please tell me why?

/s

And you can tell them all you want!

This is the correct answer.

In Beta, you were allowed to talk to members of the opposing faction freely, but there was too much griefing.

Imagine The Barrens and Goldshire chat being one in the same, where you could say the most horrible things about opposing players and then proceed to kill them.

as I've already said. 90% of my warzones are against the same faction. Trashtalking all the way.

Sorry m8. I have tried it today. I cannot mail crafted items to my alts on opposing faction. Always says that the player/character was not found.

Only thing that works are the special "legacy-bound items" which you can trade in the capital city.

i just bought stuff from imperial fleet and sended it to my main on republic side per mail.

I made tons of credits that way. Buy cheap imperial, sell expensive republic, but both characters must be connected via legacy.

Wokrs since weeks, dont tell me you guys didnt know... or this wasnt intended.