Suggestion for devs for Voidstar...

Baron_Samedi

Dear Devs,

no, I will not cry about marauders/shadows/whatever, I would just ask you to do a tiny whiny change that would make Voidstar easier:

COLOR THE BLOODY DOORS!

You see, dear devs, every time somebody yells "left" and "right" in heat of the battle, usually even pre-group has certain problems... Not to mention that Pugs are hopeless. Usually only Dear Lord and some calmer and IQ >110 players are keeping things out of destruction, when say, 4 peeps are waiting in storage compartment (after being killed). Specially when somebody calls for cavalry AFTER he was killed. Even then he has to check on minimap where was he killed, then write it down etc - its 3 seconds.

All know what is 3 seconds in Voidstar, not to mention pvp in general.

Usually, somebody yells "left!!!" on channel, then you have to check which left is that and even THEN you have 50:50 chance to do something. Why? Because, and that happened, specially at newbies dominated games (which there are more and more!), that he meant HIS left and it is ACTUALLY right on minimap.

And so on and so forth.

So, let's do all this easier - just color the damn door, one green and one red (or whatever is FOTM in color department) and lets move on.

Tx.

Edited by Baron_Samedi

I cannot help but agree with this wonderful idea.

Though it isn't a super high priority issue and the map is easily figured out, there is nothing wrong with a bit more ease of use. That and it stops the whole, "Which one is left?!?" and "Which one is east!?!" that I see often enough in Voidstar to assume that this actually is a slight issue.

Also I support almost any post that isn't filled with Sentinel/Marauder/Shadow/Assassin whining. :)

Good job OP!

i agree someones left could be someone elses right.

I LOL'd :D

This is a not bad idea, but...

On the minimap, both doors have a green dot. When someone set us up the bomb (+2 points of you get the reference) the door icon turns red. Mass confusion would ensue if the doors were thus color coded. Even if you color the doors purple and orange, now we're dealing with even more colors and the average PvPer would start to have eyeball spasms and begin to drool.

Edited by TheronFett

I LOL'd :D

This is a not bad idea, but...

On the minimap, both doors have a green dot. When someone set us up the bomb (+2 points of you get the reference) the door icon turns red. Mass confusion would ensue if the doors were thus color coded. Even if you color the doors purple and orange, now we're dealing with even more colors and the average PvPer would start to have eyeball spasms and begin to drool.

Good point about green and red, agree.

But PURPLE and ORANGE would be good.

And I am not just talking about minimap coloring, I would suggest that they make some, say, DOORPOST in orange and purple. So in this way they don't have to adjust the programing for existing door settings.

They actually did something similar in 1.2 - they added SIGNS over vendors on Fleet for knight/sage/trooper. Before you had to check their cloths to know who to buy from and they figured out its not enough. So they placed that signs.

Now I am suggesting the similar idea - just for pvp voidstar.

Novare... hm.

Alderaan... hm. When it is middle it is ok, but still there are Left and Right occasional problems. But, since people usually have ONLY 2 nodes, its not biggie.

Huttball does not need anything...

That's why it was about Alderaan.

The issue of co-ordination is a simple pre-emptive measure, I always type what is LEFT and RIGHT at the start of each round if the group looks full of ppl not often seen in a WZ. i.e LEFT and RIGHT based on our current exit viewpoint etc

The bigger is Voidstart in general, it can be pure stalemate based on design, as a healer heavy group with tanks can sit in the middle and heal both sides, door capping with a larger radius would be interesting, ala NC.

or do it like coast give them diffrent names like east and west

but yeah i also always refer to left and right from comming out of spawn point

and snow and grass for turrents for the turrent comment

Edited by mamosh

I never understood people's issue with this.

If someone has their monitor sideways and says North or South, I would know where to go.If my side has adequate numbers, I assume the other door needs help. If I am in the spawn, I look at the mini-map and if I see one side has one or zero people that is where I go. If both sides have 0-1 people, go where your spawned teammates do not go, this way both sides get help. I often go to the side with one just to peek if he is ok anyway from spawn, you need to know that your 6 teammates can handle the other side. You can also mouse over the minimap arrows and see your teammates health and name. If Blanco is East alone, watch Blanco's health in your op window.

The reason people generally lose at Voidstar is because they don't look at their own side. If you are fighting with a numbers advantage, 4v2 then leave and let your teammates finish the 2. If you are 4v2 you can assume you are not doing great on the other side. When your team is going on a nice rampage and you are about to get a bunch of kills, leave, they don't need you, the other side does.

Color coding the doors, which has been asked for many times before, is kind of pathetic. I realize the OP is asking because of others, not because he doesn't know R from L.

Edited by richardya

The big mistake was reversing the directions on the map for the defending team, who frequently have to call out for help in a hurry. If the map was just flipped, there would be no confusion.

I always used to wonder what the big deal was with Civil War. Left=West, RIght=East. Simple, interchangable. Then I played an imperial character. OM*G, what a pain in the butt it is for Imps to communicate on that map compared to the 'Pubs.

Novare is easy because of the triangular pattern and everyone seems to have been early adopters of NW, NE, South.

Not that left.. the other one. Famous words.

Most of the confusions in voidstar come from applying relativity. We just apply it different. The attackers left is the defenders right and vice versa while looking at each other. I've seen this confusion happen so many times and ironically it happened yesterday. It's the reason I started applying compass references now.

Still a good idea but can be easily worked around using different terminologies.

Voidstar is my least favorite

i suggest divide Voidstar in 2 different warzone

a) death match

b) revised voidstar with distance between door tht involve a litte more strategy then just run left run right and DPS/AOE the hell out of everything

they tried to mix a death match with an objective thing and it wasnt very sucessfull

deadth match need open space with lot of AOE and you can skip the objective other then kills

the voidstar concept is a sneak/cc control type of objective i would add some activable with control trap usable from both side keep the door but add way more distance or obstacole to go form one side to another maybe a trap... i donr know as it is it's just boring the only real strategy is when/if someone open the door the team had to try to pull/stun the opposite team and 1 runner has to try to rush end of strategy

Really?

Maybe our server isn't full of idiots but very few people have trouble with "East" and "west"

Colouring the doors would make it look silly.

Edited by Fracta

Really?

Maybe our server isn't full of idiots but very few people have trouble with "East" and "west"

Colouring the doors would make it look silly.

People apparently do. West/East should be automatic to anyone who went to public school.