Daniel Erickson reveals plan to merge into super-servers!

Pahomi

BW and "SUPER-SERVERS"

they gonna change that one value from 1000 to 1000000 a server can keep;)

then they say: "but guys, we told you SUPER-SERVERS are teh ****, we can handle 1mio per server!"

and there ain't a handfull of ppl logging in ;)

but them BW guys provided the tech and you aint using it?!

they don't need to fix bugs, they gonna make "SUPER-SERVERS"!

dude, SUPER-SERVERS!

you want your sound fixed? go-****-yourself: we gonna make SUPER-SERVERS!

rated what? yeah, look at our SUPER-SERVERS!

you don't have enough players on your server?

np, we gonna make SUPER-SERVERS!

with every SUPER-SERVER you make a char and get to legacy lvl1,

you gonna get a SUPER-SERVER-PET!

i am so pissed...

thank you...

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW and "SUPER-SERVERS"

then they say: "but guys, we told you SUPER-SERVERS are teh ****, we can handle 1mio per server!"

dude, SUPER-SERVERS!

i am so pissed...

thank you...

Huh?

Let me put this in perspective for you:

I am a member of the LGBT community, ever since back in 2009, I have scraped and fought (Even travelled to Germany from the UK) for just information on SGRA content, eventually we got some real idea of when to expect them.... this year, at the Guild Summit and I am still waiting to see the content implemented.

Difference between me and those with such grievances, I have gone through their own issues and my own with this game, yet I remain patient and will continue to be loyal to it, because I can see the potential, I have awaited a game like this for years, a combination of Warhammer Online and KotOR, I got it.

There are things that need to be fixed and features that would make this game amazing, so I am patient and know that for a fact the waiting will be worth it.

Now I have stated that, I would like to state that I agree completely, this game was not ready last December, in-fact the game would have been much better releasing this December instead.

See, the thing about most people is that loyalty has to be earned at the best of times. I can’t say I’ve ever felt loyalty to a company that has the (understandable) goal of making money off me. If BE/EA can’t deliver then I feel no obligation to keep paying them. I’m currently decided whether or not to cancel my sub. The lack of content and low server population is starting to get to me. I can’t honestly say that I’d never check back and give it another go if I do cancel. But at the same time it would have been nice if 6 months into the game (after a 4 month break) I still felt like playing.

BW and "SUPER-SERVERS"

dude, SUPER-SERVERS!

i am so pissed...

thank you...

i.... what....? ummm ok..... you're welcome?

Edited by jarjarloves

BW and "SUPER-SERVERS"

dude, SUPER-SERVERS!

i am so pissed...

thank you...

I see your unintelligible post, and raise you gibberish!

Reh ni urubunuz likoc eten go era enicedeg! Nirox quv tohagu anakar atiet. Rorusod faga curi elay eneco asobo, ahonel nazela net tener peso ri oce: Iwiyelat onumito siti. Gelaboh bep ifa do koc rewor ru. Iwi cateni adaciexac lemey. Rono lanub conahi nacire more calir? Ratareb opirie ierisisic sabivit rasaho odat kilerur edie linosit! Nitor ret teso umuce hagar ietacitiy no anutocow oce. Oke ereriper ce runon ecu bo arutidey.

Icatagab ki cac punate tarare leworeb digog. Riyen onuhil arerarac alafu. Ecuw pe pelo te. Turere xerek aridetes conasam iko mobora los. Sosenal lec sasovi pan yitero nice radeven se ategotet da. Sigari tusesuc caciev netone dipirur radi nutul. Bemil cor koco liedat tilerin! Tas rare pecate. Guri xopu de cinoti dixice obata adodom voy uladara geratih. Ecicata sed se sa miec cu erup rano tir apuhe. Pi ogaha tiluc lisa nid ilonuna tafol pogetet. Sietipel duduge let ipudet borana sunur nisig teruc do; ticice kirari yanol tunita pag. Rerurun su aga giy povetol cu tisiret cano lidad ye. Rinaruc garu gurol lab seh. Leso semadoh odih anate itetev cigew na oha.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/23/the-old-republics-daniel-erickson-talks-legacy-system-update-group-finder-and-adaptive-gear/

Group-finder tool

PCG: Is the group finder available for Hard Mode Operations, or just Story Mode?

DE: Just Story. Pick-up groups for Hard Mode would be more frustration than anything else.

PCG: Will they be cross-server at launch? Is that planned for the future?

DE: They will not be cross-server as we are coming up on a huge move to servers with massively higher population caps than we have today.

Community: What's going on Bioware?

DE: ...

Community: What's happening with the servers, any dates?

Community: Rated warzones?

Community: What about player transfers?

Community: Ilum?

Lol. Just goes to show you that BW is more interested in how it looks to the media and investors than it's paying customers.

I see your unintelligible post, and raise you gibberish!

Reh ni urubunuz likoc eten go era enicedeg! Nirox quv tohagu anakar atiet. Rorusod faga curi elay eneco asobo, ahonel nazela net tener peso ri oce: Iwiyelat onumito siti. Gelaboh bep ifa do koc rewor ru. Iwi cateni adaciexac lemey. Rono lanub conahi nacire more calir? Ratareb opirie ierisisic sabivit rasaho odat kilerur edie linosit! Nitor ret teso umuce hagar ietacitiy no anutocow oce. Oke ereriper ce runon ecu bo arutidey.

Icatagab ki cac punate tarare leworeb digog. Riyen onuhil arerarac alafu. Ecuw pe pelo te. Turere xerek aridetes conasam iko mobora los. Sosenal lec sasovi pan yitero nice radeven se ategotet da. Sigari tusesuc caciev netone dipirur radi nutul. Bemil cor koco liedat tilerin! Tas rare pecate. Guri xopu de cinoti dixice obata adodom voy uladara geratih. Ecicata sed se sa miec cu erup rano tir apuhe. Pi ogaha tiluc lisa nid ilonuna tafol pogetet. Sietipel duduge let ipudet borana sunur nisig teruc do; ticice kirari yanol tunita pag. Rerurun su aga giy povetol cu tisiret cano lidad ye. Rinaruc garu gurol lab seh. Leso semadoh odih anate itetev cigew na oha.

Great move, Sherlock. Thanks to this post, you just summoned C'thulhu into our world.

According to the "I miss Georg Zoeller" thread, rumors are that more key people of the BW team

have the plan or already did, in fact, merge into super-servers.

I have the theory that the news release of "lay-offs at Bioware" was in fact a cover up for cutting edge technological experiments and the first step of further merges into super-servers.

Seems like there are some

More exciting news coming soon™, stay tuned!

Please god tell me this will quieten down the immense whining in these forums.

I must say this idea intrigues me,

If by whining you mean a desperate plea for something called Multiplayer (...not even asking for Massively Multiplayer), then you would be talking about me and about 90% of the other folks stuck on a servers with no population to speak of.

If more information about this plan comes out (i.e. not just rumors here) they will have saved 3 subs from my family alone.

GET ON IT BIOWARE, and it is about freaking time.

BW and "SUPER-SERVERS"

dude, SUPER-SERVERS!

i am so pissed...

thank you...

No, thank you... lol :jawa_confused:

From the interview:

That's actually an excellent idea imo. That's even better than merging the servers. I mean yeah, it is a server merge in a way but super servers with a much higher player cap? Hell Yes! But WHEN??

dcuo has had this for a while..except for the game going f2p --and all the limits they added with it-- the mega servers are an awesome idea.

imo bioware should be working on mega servers NOW before ppl stop caring.

Merging to the fatman(super).... And why its okay.

1. Chances are you have a toon there, played or idle right now. Additional toons will not add actual population per se, just another toon, population increase has all ready been applied.

2. Only one toon can be logged in anyway. Don't hate on refugees.

3. You loose your name, get a new one. (Ya it sucks but it is an inevitably, ill miss my names too but original holder or first in line is just the straw)

4. Forcing you community to starting from total scratch is bad policy. (You'll loose on that one, contrary to legacy idea )

5. Community game needs community, limits of population is a sure way to bite you, people will eventually play casually anyway as long as they is a community to return to, it makes return appealing.

6. Humans make new friends easy, especially when you have to.

7. Why not 12 or 16 toons on one server, grinding new toons on this game is actually fun....(only one on at a time anyway)

There are some negatives with a giant server. During really high peak times can cause problems, even with different instances.

Bottom line. Endgame material is what keeps subscriptions. It's the glue. Getting new players only keeps them till 50... then you'll loose them. I didn't start DCUO until the massive server and its a better idea than this lots of servers idea. Even making more than one server, is delaying another inevitability of another merge. Not too sure wouldn't just merge pve and pvp servers and make the flag an on off option like swg used to have to keep gankers at bay.

Anyway Erickson seems to the one guy that gets the P.R. idea and I thank you Dan for the hope you've created and if you read the forums.... I think you got a little re-enforcement from the community about your idea..... Now make it happen yesterday!

I have been saying it since they announced transfers. Mergers are the only real way to solve the population problem. If you can solve that problem (and it doesn't seem that hard to solve to me....but then again I am not a programmer or anything) then all the other problems will work themselves out. And by other problems, I mean problems that are not bugs or lack of content or anything of that nature.

Some of the major problems people have with this game seem to be the inability to find groups for heroics, FP's, warzones, operations, pvp and open world pvp. Transfers will only evenly spread out an already thin layer of population across entirely too many servers. To me this means that instead of one or two high populated servers and 400 low populated servers there will be maybe 10 standard poplulated servers. And as a player who has already switched servers twice I can tell you that if your main issue with the game is low populations like mine was Standard populated servers IS NOT the way to go. In my experience Standard populated servers are still not populated enough to ensure groups always forming.

I have abandoned four high level characters spread out on two different servers because it was so hard to find groups for anything even though these servers were "Standard". I have been playing this game since Day 2 of early access and I still haven't finished any classes story. But a couple of weeks ago I abandoned two high level chars and went to the server called Jedi Covenant. During the times I play the game this server is always at HEAVY to VERY HEAVY. In fact, other than Fatman, Jedi Covenant is the highest populated server in North America. Even though I left all my legacy points and all my gear and all my character and credits (which effectively guarenteed that I WOULD NOT get a free month like everyone else who has played the game as much as me...they really should have added up everyones legacy levels across all servers they had characters on...but thats a different argument.) switching to Jedi Covenant was the best decision I have ever made. I swear to yall every night I play it is like playing through Early Access again. There are people everywhere and on every planet. It is EASY to find a group for anything you want. We don't NEED a LFG tool on Jedi covenant. You can find a group for every 2 or 4 man heroic quest on any planet. when you que up for a battleground it takes no longer than 10 to 15 mins tops. Sometimes I swear as soon and you OK for the que, you are already being transported. Sometimes it is instant.

The moral of my long, blocky post is this.........Super Servers is the best idea BW has come up with yet. If the reason all those people got laid off is because they were AGAINST this idea, then thank God they were finally let go. Whatever the reason for not doing this sooner is irrelevant now. What IS relevant is getting these super server merges instituted AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Although I am happy with where I am now on Jedi Covenant, it would be nice to have my others characters on Jedi Covenant as well. But if thats not possible, I don't mind re-rolling them because as I said....finding groups is a breeze. But if they don't put these super servers in game soon, then I foresee more and more subs leaving.

you have to make this number 1 priority BW. You need to get your programmers doing what they have to do in shifts 24/7. Merge the servers by next week. do it. do it.

and while you're at it, give us plaid lightsabers.

A server merge does not help those that cant find groups. The reason why they cant form a group is their own fault, as they dont want to look for others and refuse participating in the community.

The LFG demand is strong in those people and even if they would have 6000 people on their server, they would still not go into any fp.

My server is just standard and you find a group whenever you want and the open world is full of players. In our LFG channel are going groups every 5-10 minutes to every dungeon that is in the game.

Merges will just piss off people that lose their name, legacy etc. and make them quit. You should not underestimate this, the name is for many very important especially if they played with that char for 6 months. To give this up is like starting to play from scratch again.

In the end BW would not have any benefit of it, those that leave due a lost name will be as big in numbers or even bigger as those that come back.

A server merge does not help those that cant find groups. The reason why they cant form a group is their own fault, as they dont want to look for others and refuse participating in the community.

The LFG demand is strong in those people and even if they would have 6000 people on their server, they would still not go into any fp.

My server is just standard and you find a group whenever you want and the open world is full of players. In our LFG channel are going groups every 5-10 minutes to every dungeon that is in the game.

Merges will just piss off people that lose their name, legacy etc. and make them quit. You should not underestimate this, the name is for many very important especially if they played with that char for 6 months. To give this up is like starting to play from scratch again.

In the end BW would not have any benefit of it, those that leave due a lost name will be as big in numbers or even bigger as those that come back.

Disagree

I have spent HOURS in fleet going. LFG healer or Tank. While getting trolled by other players to stop spamming fleet with with lfg recruitment messages.

Edited by Lt_Latency

Disagree

I have spent HOURS in fleet going. LFG healer or Tank. While getting trolled by other players to stop spamming fleet with with lfg recruitment messages.

And this would not change if they do happen to go x-server and some people still try to group in server....

And this would not change if they do happen to go x-server and some people still try to group in server....

Then the game is doomed until the add LFG tools that pick from a huge pool of players. The average gamer doesn't want to put up with sitting around doing nothing for 2 or 3 hours

Edited by Lt_Latency

You make sense for your situation, kind of? On other servers, where there are only 4 to 10 people at a fleet, looking for a group is a different situation as 75% of those people at fleet are not level 50, and the other 50 players are all dps due to having to solo everything that you can actually play. However, with an influx of population the greater chance of Flashes, ops, and such. Not having a merge, makes no sense to me at all.

Well played with the 'my server is just fine' card. Never heard that before. How do you suggest that we will form groups currently when there isn't even 4 people on the fleet at peak times anymore on my server.

Consider yourself very lucky, there is only handful of standard servers anymore, most are light 24/7.

Edited by Helistin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.