1.3 EXP perks - 30% not enough!

celldoom

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they give us way to much exp to start why would you want more exp all that does is level you faster and when you do that you will not enjoy the game so to me this is a bad idea

You cant have 1 char past lvl 35 ! game is a unrewarding grind from hell after 35/40.

It's ok Bioware, theres nothing wrong with your game.

None of us have experienced *ANY* problems with bugs, errors, crashes, performance, or finding groups or having new content to explore. We don't need any of those things, anyone that has left your game was just a hater and didn't know what a gem in the rough we had. Of course, with the coming of 1.2, they all missed your smashing success with the Legacy system, most of them are probably scrambling as we speak to resubscribe if they haven't already.

Theres been a boon in population on all servers, making most of them really look like the short clip of scrolling through pages of standard and heavy servers in your 1.3 preview video, which totally wasn't taken from 4 months ago. So please, ignore the forum whiners, none of us have any possible clue as to how to improve this game, nor whether there is actually a problem at all, judging by your full list of standard servers at off-peak times, I'd have to assume that most of the whining is simple propaganda staged by a vocal minority of saboteurs hired by other MMOs.

/end strawman

have you ever seen a bug/crash ect because im not sure if you and most have a clue to see what a bug is. and for you saying the people who left are haters are ones who loved the game but why people are leaving is bugs,crashes ect and also bioware keeps on lieing to us and will not listen to the people

Warzones: Not enough, needs to be at least 100% so each match gives double exp than it currently gives. I would realistly take 50% per rank up to 250%. This may seem like alot but it's not - warzones don't give that much exp. Aditional idea: Let us buy experience with commendations on top of the above.

Questing: 30% is, again, not enough. Needs to be at least 50%. Players taking these perks are obviously not interested in doing the planet but to level as fast as possible and get it over with.

Aditional idea: Increase exp gained from CLASS quests by up to 1000% (200% each rank), i don't know the math exactly but it would be nice to be able to level up by doing class quests alone with the ocasional flashpoint of warzone inbetween.

Flashpoint: 30% is somewhat OK, but perhaps let us buy boosters with planet comendations that increase exp gained in flashpoints.

Make these perks more expencive if you want, i realy cba leveling alts through the same planets over and over, its very dull. Warzones give too little exp to matter most of the times. 30% is not enough.

/sarcasm on

I agree with the OP, but that is not enough. I want to unlock a legacy ability that allows me to create a new character and he is already level 50.

I don't want to have to do all those FP hard modes to get gear, just give me the best gear possible with the creation of the character.

Load of credits to start with would be nice also.

Bioware this game sucks there is nothing to do.

/sarcasm off

Really it is enough, because if you do all those things(pvp, space, FP, etc) while you level it adds up.

So 30 + 30+ 30+ 30= 120% increase total in doing it all. Or however big if you add it all up.

Uh...no.

What's really scary is when you realize that these kinds of people vote.

Sometimes I think they are the only ones who do :9.

(PvP XP * 1.3) + (Space XP * 1.3) + (FP Bosses XP * 1.3) + (all other forms of XP * 1.0) </= (Total XPx1.3)

If you do ONLY do PvP, Space and FP bosses, you would have a 30% increase, every other single bit of XP you gain that is unbonused dilutes this increase.

You can't just add percentages together. Percentages modify a base value into a new value, then you can compare the total of the base values against the total of the new values. If some forms of XP are boosted by 30%, then 30% is the maximum boost and can only be reached by strictly limiting yourself to those activities.

Edited by Syylara

Uh...no.

What's really scary is when you realize that these kinds of people vote.

Sometimes I think they are the only ones who do :9.

(PvP XP * 1.3) + (Space XP * 1.3) + (FP Bosses XP * 1.3) + (all other forms of XP * 1.0) </= (Total XPx1.3)

If you do ONLY do PvP, Space and FP bosses, you would have a 30% increase, every other single bit of XP you gain that is unbonused dilutes this increase.

You can't just add percentages together. Percentages modify a base value into a new value, then you can compare the total of the base values against the total of the new values. If some forms of XP are boosted by 30%, then 30% is the maximum boost and can only be reached by strictly limiting yourself to those activities.

Hey no need to jump down my throat and be rude, was never good with math so was just adding if the max increase is 30% for each thing. But if the max xp increase for a specific thing is 30%, then that would make sense. It wouldn't make sense if you needed to do everything for the full 30% because then some people who don't like to do certain things wouldn't get the full benefit.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I tend to agree with people wishing for a bonus that would enable one to lvl up more via class quests only.

I get that BW is proud of their story and I love it too. I came here from kotor and I'd have TOR no other way than story heavy. And I absolutely adore the class stories. However schleping through planet arcs for the 4th time on my smuggler (last pub toon I have yet to get to 50) atm is painfull. I'm desperate to see the class story that is so far the best of all four, but at the same time I cant be arsed to go through balmorra *again* so the toon is in semi hibernation of me doing pvp dailies and space combat till I level it up the upper lvl range of a planet and then visit it just fot the class story. It's tedious but atlest I'm putting it in in installments, whenever I sit down to take a crack at a planet arch again I soon loose will and log over to my main instead.

At the same time I'm also in the process of doing my first imperial toon. Doing every quest and sidequest I can find and it's wonderfull. But I dread the day when I get it to 50 and want to check out the IA or SW POV of the events. 2nd time through, not so bad perhpas, but 3rd and 4th, ugh. I mean I don't really have an intrest to pvp on these imp alts nor to do bucketloads of space combat every day... and 30% bonus to 2x 5k (induvidual space missions) + 16k daily is really nothing to write home about when I have a 400k-450k exp bar to fill 4 times to be able to do a planets class story.

I really wish they'd put in a huge class story xp buff at some seriously prohibitive price for those of us with multiple toons that just want to enjoy the fresh class stories without 90% repeats we're forced into to get to the good part. Price it at 5mil, heck even 10mil or something. I'll save it up somehow. Just throw me a bone. Even watching a good move gets tedious if you do it too often in a short time span.

Edited by aeterno

I keep saying Legacy is useless, but nobody is listening.

Oh.. and for the Legacy orange = you need to buy the set for each toon (because it is limited to class), then send it to the "main", which will install the mods, then send it back.

So, at a minimum you get 750k for set + 500k for pulling mods out to install in said set, PER ALT. (columi / rakata lose gear bonus, of course)

It is surely more convenient than to share the actual gear to Legacy (ingame gear that is = bm / WH, columi+), or at the very least the comms. Quality of Life ... roll an alt AND spend the time to gear it up again.. forget the useless comms or gear on main ...

Edited by Styxx

• 1 month later...

Tested it with my new juggy and honestly i felt no difference. With story, exploration and space mission bonus at 5/5 i could skip, at most 2-3 quests per planet than the usual. So yeah - don't bother with these bonuses as they are useless. Warzones don't matter at level 10-49 because you can't buy anything for level 50. You can't buy Battlemaster to wear at 50, you can't dump your comendations into Rated comms to use later so the exp gained is not good enough.

I've said before - either these peks stay as they are and become legacy-wise, drop the cost considerably or boost the % up into the hundreds (vary depending on bonuses).

Edited by celldoom

I have 1 toon with all but the space mission perks and i kinda agree that 30% is a bit poor of a boost.

Perhaps 30%-100% boost at higher legacy levels and the 2-30% at lvl5?

The release of these perks gave me hope of re-leveling 2 classes just for the fun of having a Chiss jedi and SP smuggler, but after reaching level 20 i now realize that the "30% off" on the grind is not worth it, and i barely feel the difference when leveling 40-50 with my consular, i am stuck at 43 and have way less credits than before 1.3 :)

Ill just level the last class to 50 for the awesome class story and then take a long breather until the next batch of awesome content arrives.

want to state my desire for a system that allows me to gear and level up by only doing class quests. the added immersion i get from not being angry at doing a quest for the third time will increase my enjoyment considerably and provide me with much more focus on character development.

want to state my desire for a system that allows me to gear and level up by only doing class quests. the added immersion i get from not being angry at doing a quest for the third time will increase my enjoyment considerably and provide me with much more focus on character development.
This. This. This. This. I would've level every single class to 50 if this was possible (wtb more char slots).

Gotta face the fact that leveling gameplay at the moment isnt fun enough to spend hundreds of hours on. Dont get me wrong i like the story, even the side quest story but the gameplay on those side quest story is getting boring fast. So id like them to either add more on the leveling aspect or just make it faster for me to see what i want to see ( class quest story). Id want the first one better but it would take lots of time and money and i dont see it happening.

The 30% xp that only covers class missions and not even side missions sucks, the fact that you need a level 25 legacy to get it sucks even more. I have a 50, 35 and a few others and my legacy level is 11. They must have nerfed the crap out of legacy xp gains after I stopped playing for a few months because my original main on a different server is level 23 and it wasn't that hard.

Stop being foolish and enable your fanbase that has already leveled one 50, to level easier than this.

I find it funny that they nerf WZ xp just to make it so we have to buy it back through Legacy. Just like they took away Unity and Sacrifice and made us have to earn it back through Legacy lol. I wonder what other things in this game they are going to take away and make us buy it back under the guise of "new" content.

LOL, war zones dont give enough xp?

Really?

Really?

Really?

My BH is level 25 already and all he does is 1-10 matchs a day of warzones

turns in daily PVP mission

hes just over a week old now and I barely play him.

If anything it should be less xp

I been PVPing alot lately but Ill never change stance that PVP shouldnt be about gear and xp, thats PVE game.

PVP is about ego and bragging rights when its done properly!

And if there has to be a gain of some sort it should be done ala DAoC where its a bonus to the entire faction for defending or stealing yours or others relics.

PVP done right should develop community and promote interact to a common goal!

what?!? screw that!!!

Bioware, the entire game is a ghost town. it went from 8 instances of the fleet on off peak time to 2 people at peak time in a matter of days. If you know whats good for this game or its player base, you'll give us a legacy perk that will allow us to instantly be level 50. I don't wanna play the game at all, I just wanna be max level when I start. that way I don't even have to see any content before I get to complain about having nothing to do!!!

make this happen NOW. If you do not implement this by the end of June, or at least announce this feature at E3, I and the 8 other people playing your game will unsub!!!!!!

What server are you on?!! Last night there was over 250 people on the republic fleet! Which is ALOT compared to like a month ago haha

It should have been a 3% increase, across the board, for every legacy level you've earned.

It would make more sense since a high legacy level usually means that the player has played on several chars and might not be all that interested in running every side-quest yet another time. It would give us the option to pick. The current boosts, which we on top of all have to pay a crapload credits for, are too specific and not changing much so I still find myself doing side quests yet another time. If I had recieved a boost on those too I might have been able to skip perhaps one or two zones on every planet.

Edited by MidichIorian

Can I have a legacy perk that slows down the rate at which I gain exp?

I'm 29 with my sage and just now entering Nar Shaddaa, everything is gray and it's stomped in a second. I'd like to do content at level and not have to skip WZ/SM/FP because I am afraid to outlevel the content.

While I like having xp bonus on 1 or 2 alts, I would love a "perk" to slow down or stop xp on other alts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.