Coming Soon to STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Okay, gotta be honest from the new player perspective(or at least mine): I'm still not entirely sold on the game, and am not sure if I'm going to maintain a subscription after my first month is up. However, knowing this is in the pipe does add some weight to sticking around. In context, I've been a player of Eve Online since some of its earliest days, and what has kept me interested in that game, is the ability to play how/whatever I want to, pretty much any way I want to do it. If SWTOR can provide a similarly stimulating way to create that feeling of freedom in play, it will also wind up having my subscription for a long time to come. :ph_use_the_force:

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope I'm wrong, but I see nothing about the LFG tool allowing you to find a group for heroic quests, as only flashpoints and operations are mentioned.

It'll still be a very nice tool nonetheless, but I was really hoping for an easier way to team for the heroics.

I don't know if it is too late. I started with Diablo 3 and i'm having a blast with it that i don't know I will revive my SWTOR account after the free month expires, but if GW2 comes before the 1.4 "big" path i think it would be game over for SWTOR as i wont came back, "maybe if BW gives a week resurrection to test the new content?" Ya I know, you don't care if I log or not, but i'm not the only one thinking like this.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I see nothing about the LFG tool allowing you to find a group for heroic quests, as only flashpoints and operations are mentioned.

It'll still be a very nice tool nonetheless, but I was really hoping for an easier way to team for the heroics.

it shows planets and quests in the video if you spot it really fast. Think thats where your heroic quest queue kicks in. I'm more worried about the groups I'm going to be placed in with LFG. Not to sound elitest, but they should have a function that filters or checks for a certain gear level so you don't get put into groups with people wearing green gear expecting to do hard mode explosive conflict.

I hope to god it doesn't become cross server

Must be new here.... Of course it's cross server. How else do you think they're going to get people to find groups down from 'a couple of hours' to 'just a few minutes'....

Pretty amazing how impatient this community has become.

Complaints about how long it took to get the game out, then they roll it out missing some features (with the knowledge that those features would be added) and BW is not given time to impliment them properly.

Complain about having wait times at launch, so BW adds servers to make sure people can play. Server populations level out and complaints about how its BW fault that server populations are low on certain servers. So, BW decides to impliment server transfers to make everyone happy and they complain about it being to late.

There are so many of these situations I could write about but i don't have the energy.

I am looking forward to all of the new features as well as what is coming in the near future. This game has just begun and has so much more coming that I honestly cannot see the justification for griping. FLAME AWAY.

Okay, gotta be honest from the new player perspective(or at least mine): I'm still not entirely sold on the game, and am not sure if I'm going to maintain a subscription after my first month is up. However, knowing this is in the pipe does add some weight to sticking around. In context, I've been a player of Eve Online since some of its earliest days, and what has kept me interested in that game, is the ability to play how/whatever I want to, pretty much any way I want to do it. If SWTOR can provide a similarly stimulating way to create that feeling of freedom in play, it will also wind up having my subscription for a long time to come. :ph_use_the_force:

Bro you are looking for a sandbox type game. This is not and never has been marketed as such. Sorry but this game may not be for you.

Complaints about how long it took to get the game out, then they roll it out missing some features (with the knowledge that those features would be added) and BW is not given time to impliment them properly.

Complain about having wait times at launch, so BW adds servers to make sure people can play. Server populations level out and complaints about how its BW fault that server populations are low on certain servers. So, BW decides to impliment server transfers to make everyone happy and they complain about it being to late.

There are so many of these situations I could write about but i don't have the energy.

I am looking forward to all of the new features as well as what is coming in the near future. This game has just begun and has so much more coming that I honestly cannot see the justification for griping. FLAME AWAY.

so when i log in during prime time to see 20+/- people on the fleet, wait 30-60 minutes or longer for warzone ques

or if i go do dailies on besalvis or the black hole but find i am the only person on either of those zones i should blame myself and the rest of the player base?

you say i am impatient, i think i have waited aloooooooooonnnng time this past month trying to do things in this game, I sadly have 30 ish days left on my account and when those days dwindle down and I find myself possibly being the only one standing on my server, what do I achieve for being so patient?

Few things:

LFG

--------UI doesn't look that great. Too much text and not enough infos nor enough filters.

--------Players should not have to mouse over to know the zone level.

--------Then It look like a bit messy there are many things around but not neatly arranged.

--------Hint: check Rift, WoW for a better idea and if you really want to do it well lean towards DDO.

--------In short: hopefully a placeholder.

--------It was mentioned some time ago cross sever warzones would be in 1.3, true?

Character transfer

--------Hope you will be promoting server and faction balance.

--------You need to identify servers that will be merged.

Augment slot system even the dev had a hard time explaining it in simple terms. So from start you have an issue.

--------As mentioned by others DPS is already too high in PvP, this will make things even worse.

--------It was mentioned the Mods UI would get some polishing. I seriously hope so because for now they are a click fest to manage.

--------BTW mods are a huge credit sink and I can't find any on my level range on one of the top 7 servers, so pretty much useless to me while leveling.

--------Unless I'm wrong augment slots aren't for weapons. Still need confirmation on this.

--------So far appearance tabs owns SWTOR mod system.

Legacy system

--------Already a too big money sink

--------Still missing Legacy name edit

--------Not even separate last name from legacy tites

All in all we both know this patch won't make players come back and might certainly make more leave.

Edited by Deewe

Well spoken and basically true.

You could lend weigh to the argument that seeing what other MMO's have had to do in order to make a happy customer base, BW might have had some of these features ready at or closer to launch. I don't, but I'm very satisfied with the rate of updates rolling out.

1.3 will make or break the game, hope for BW's sake it is a good one. If it turns out good I just might come back, but with all the long outstanding bugs that have been around since beta and the lack of PvP class balance I'm not going to bet on it.

so when i log in during prime time to see 20+/- people on the fleet, wait 30-60 minutes or longer for warzone ques

or if i go do dailies on besalvis or the black hole but find i am the only person on either of those zones i should blame myself and the rest of the player base?

you say i am impatient, i think i have waited aloooooooooonnnng time this past month trying to do things in this game, I sadly have 30 ish days left on my account and when those days dwindle down and I find myself possibly being the only one standing on my server, what do I achieve for being so patient?

Roll on another server. Its not that difficult. When they impliment the server transfer you move your main. This bandwagon exodus is what caused some of the servers to be so barren and there is no way for BW to have predicted that. My server is the same but I enjoy the game enough for its content that I rolled other toons on more populated servers so I can continue to play. Sorry but for a companies first try at an MMO I think they are doing a great job and can see fit to allow them time to fix/correct things to make the game more enjoyable.

Roll on another server. Its not that difficult. When they impliment the server transfer you move your main. This bandwagon exodus is what caused some of the servers to be so barren and there is no way for BW to have predicted that. My server is the same but I enjoy the game enough for its content that I rolled other toons on more populated servers so I can continue to play. Sorry but for a companies first try at an MMO I think they are doing a great job and can see fit to allow them time to fix/correct things to make the game more enjoyable.

I have a feeling that everyone will be trying to transfer to Fatman~

Edited by Phlem

I remember 6-7 months ago, you guys were saying '' Every game has it's flaws, but we will stick around cause this will be AMAZING '' (that is an acctual post from one of the complainers in this discussion, not gonna mention name) so how about you stop complaining and just stick to it ? there is PLENTY of things to do when you reach 50, bored ? ah well how about trying out a new class ? go to an Role-playing server and live your character an hour or two daily ? i'm on Shaltin-Tunnels and im having a blast with the RP, we have Warzone matches every 5-10 minutes.

Stop crying over low populated servers when you're leaving aswell, you're not making it better ?

Every game has it flaws when released, if you're intrested in what potential this game has, and if you guys ( ALL OF YOU ) want this to be a success, join a guild, have some fun, and help BW populate your server :)

I have a feeling that everyone will be trying to transfer to Fatman~

I honestly hope BW consolidates the servers themselves so they know the exact population of the servers. Then allow people to move individually later. That way they can control the server population better. Otherwise I think you are right. :)

I remember 6-7 months ago, you guys were saying '' Every game has it's flaws, but we will stick around cause this will be AMAZING '' (that is an acctual post from one of the complainers in this discussion, not gonna mention name) so how about you stop complaining and just stick to it ? there is PLENTY of things to do when you reach 50, bored ? ah well how about trying out a new class ? go to an Role-playing server and live your character an hour or two daily ? i'm on Shaltin-Tunnels and im having a blast with the RP, we have Warzone matches every 5-10 minutes.

Stop crying over low populated servers when you're leaving aswell, you're not making it better ?

Every game has it flaws when released, if you're intrested in what potential this game has, and if you guys ( ALL OF YOU ) want this to be a success, join a guild, have some fun, and help BW populate your server :)

Well said and NUFFSED

Please, Bioware, do NOT make the LFG tool cross server!

From my experience playing WoW, and from what I have heard from several dozen other people that I played with, cross server is a BAD idea.

It allows people to ninja loot without fear of reprisal. Also, people will be more likely to drop out of a group that makes a couple mistakes, instead of continuing to forge ahead and try.

Cross server anything (except for warzones), is a bad idea, in my opinion.

In fact, I am so against it, I actually had to post something. Something I rarely do.

And once again a myth. People doesn't ninja cause of LFG tool, they ninja cause they're ninjas. How many times some players from my server ninjaed stuff from me, for their companions. Blame the user not the tool.

I like the game, refreshing, star wars thingy etc... but, but, but how can i appreciate the game if i can't play it ???

If you like playing swtor to stay at fleet, well grats on you.

Well done, guys on getting ready to add new features. While I'm with some of the others and needed merges or transfers (please make it ALL your toons and ALL of the Legacy or it's worthless to people like me), are we going to get more interaction with our companions? I'll let the others who voice their concerns about the more important stuff and say I want more companion interaction. I've married 6 characters off and they don't talk to me anymore except when doing class stories and of those 6 people, 4 have finished their class quests, so my companions say NOTHING to me. *sigh*

More companion interaction PLEASE!!

so your solution is for me to act "impatient" and play on another server leaving everything i have worked on behind...continuing my progress is what i am interested in, not starting NEW

Nice video, liked it very much.

You guys asked so much for a LFG tool, it is not yet implemented and you are already whining about it? Wow.

Thanks Bioware for making it same server only at least. That and the server transfers should fix the issues some of you are having to find a group.

Now, move along.

Edited by Aelrail

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.