Coming Soon to STAR WARS: The Old Republic

I really like SWTOR and Bioware. I currently have 6 toons with the min valor of 28 and the max 74. When ranked wz weren't in 1.2 it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was still excited with the new wz. Sadly there is nothing in 1.3 that is getting me excited. I can see how augments will extend crafting in end game but mostly it just more money and resources to spend. The new skins for armor will be nice but not worth a sub fee. I bought a 6 month sub and it will end in Aug so I'm hoping for something big soon to extend the life of SWTOR.

There are three things I like about legacy. One you can send mail across faction. Two you get buffs and heroic moment abilities. Three you can buy those droid parts that make your crew skills much better.

Otherwise - "Luke I am your father . . . and I'm not giving you 4.5 million cr for rocket boots."

"Noooooooo. How about 5mil for the gtn?"

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i don't understand is how the company EA(bioware) lets you guys create a decent game with soooo much money and then as soon as subs start falling off. let you guys continue to work slowly on the updates for most things that should have been implemented in the first place. You have a game already out that did all the homework for you. Just like WoW did with EQ. Its just so disappointing to see such potential fail. you had everything at the start and you let it slip through your hands. Let it come under a different directive team so that another starwars game wont fail.

i have taken the time and read many of the posts in here, i believe those with critical analysis of the issues, such as the LFG and PVP 'not enough players' are the main features.

I would urge BIOWARE to start reading these posts as well but separate them from the ones that are just lashing out beacuse they cant one shot people or they are just angry as they see this wonderful game going down the tube faster than speedy Gonzalez ever was.

Mainly BIOWARE, YOU and only YOU can save this game. How? READ THE POSTS!!!

Merge servers - it will solve most of the players happy meter when they log in and see many in the fleet. LFG - cross server is a nice idea and keep it, it will help expand the community and be easier for all even with server merging.

Character Transfer - this shouldnt be an issue when servers ARE merged and there are more people to play with.

PVP - this is a delicate matter as there are many different opinions, pvp should be cross server first of all, this would solve the issue of '5 hour wait for a lousy loss' type of players, yes bioware thats whats going on.

Balancing - im just going to post what i feel - classes must remain seperate from PVE and PVP, cant mix and match, BIG error. In my opinion you should give expertise the 'defence' ability, meaning that the more expertise you have the more you can endure, rather than being able to be more effective in combat. As far as nerfs/buffs goes these will happen wether people like it or not. Another pvp issue is with hacking/cheating etc, those who accuse bear the burden of proof and they can report with names, screen shots etc.

LEGACY - great feature - 'daddy can you open the bank so i can buy them?' easy to farm with dailies, easy to get for some, not all. All im suggesting is minimising the costs in credits and legacy a bit, not to make too easy just not to burden people who want to aquire them.

This post is one of the many that express players thoughts from their experience in this game, BIOWARE its time to READ them!!!!

God, no one is ever happy.

Players: OMG I have to wait 5 whole minutes to play my game I pay a whole whopping $15 a month for! More servers!

Bioware: *makes more servers*

Players: OMG too many servers now I have no one to roflstomp in pvp.

Bioware: *sigh*

Bioware: We're gonna do server transfers.

Players: We want it NOW!

Bioware: *sigh*

Players: I want this this and some of this! This isn't WoW, how come it isn't WoW???

Bioware: *adds a few things like WoW*

Players: OMG, why are you making this into a SW version of WoW??

Bioware: *headdesk*

Guys, you're supposed to play the game for fun. Not to be uber. Not to kill other people only. Not to rush to end game. Not to threaten leaving because they didn't add the special sparkly wizard hats and tinkerbell lightsabers.

I'm not saying things should be crappy and we have to live with them. But all I ever hear from these forums is whine, whine, whine. Complain, complain, complain. Give them time. Let them add whatever they want to add. I don't care if there was an entire patch dedicated to navel gazing. At least they're doing something!

Argh.

How about giving anybody that unsubs the opportunity to be refunded pro rata for the game time they have left on their subscription and they are immediately deactivated from the game and forum?

That would get rid of a lot of people like me that are only posting on the forums because we dont want to play the game in its current state but still have game time left.

Pretty nice stuff, but still leaves a lot of questions on air... I'm not native English speaker so leave your comments about my English to your own mind, please.

1# Character transfer

Looks like it will be just single transfer, WE (community) are NOT looking for only this feature. We want to transfer all our characters and even whole guilds to different server without losing our link or position in guild. Example can be found from the Rift-game, where guild leader moves the guild and it will automatically inform the players who are in that guild to move to a new server or they can stay on old one as guildless.

2# Legacy levels

Already asked this from one GM, but missed one question. Many of us have rerolled to another server which is more populated than three people online on prime time. Lets say we have legacy level 30+ on an old server and we have rerolled to another. There we have new legacy level 15. GM already told me that higher legacy wins, but will the lower legacy experience merge with higher one? This is one big question? If this does not happen, it will enrage many players.

3# Player vs. player

Highly embraced PVP-system was failure at start. Everything were instancelized (not really a word, but maybe you catch my point), no open world pvp or reward system. Killing a player in Corellia or any other planet should give valor if level difference is not too high. This is pretty hard to balance out, because of gankers, but you can look for solution from Age of Conan criminal/murderer system to avoid high level ones ganking lowbies.

As PvPer myself, we need more action and more dynamic / living content on different planets too. Beautiful worlds are empty after leveling them. I hate when Balmorra is different instance to imperial and republic. Why not to add different planets player control points which will boost your character damage or other stats for pvp or pve. This makes the planets live more.

4# Last words

When I rerolled to another server I also switched side to republic and I finally saw the horrible lore story and unpolished worlds for them. All planets worked better for imperial than republic somehow some of them looks unfinished or easier. Example Balmorra Droid factory is nice Area4 for imperials, but for republic its one man area without challenge.

Also lore wise Death star weapon was like first "planet destroyer"-weapon now 3000 years before I hated Jedi Knight lore that on every planet I tried to stop a planet destroyer-weapon. Fastly counted you had to stop 5 different planet destroyer to save the world. So after 2 weapons I got bored. Only nice thing was beating an emperor, but then Illum lore quests still npcs like Malgus talked about "sleeping emperor" same speech what he says for imperials, even on republic side the emperor is already killed by you and noticed in Sith world.

Again, gosh darn, prioritize your patch changes to those what community wants and do not waste time for legacy boosts which are useless anyway (requires heroic action with 20min cooldown)

----

No Ranked Warzones.

No Cross Server PVP.

No 8 man pre-made PVP teams.

Yes mate, but we have legacy which was a great success!! ??

I would like them to not mention legacy anymore, it was such a bad thing to put there energy into so early. Does anyone really care about legacy? Its an add on thing to me, thats it. But they have focussed on it so much. With 1.2 it was legacy, legacy, legacy. No focus on the story with Denova or the new WZ, which are both great by the way, they focus and get excited about the meaningless stuff and hardly touch on the successes of 1.2 which was the new content (These were the only successes IMO BTW).

Your post was succint and to the point so I will re-emphasize, the community wants:

Cross Server PVP.

8 man pre-made PVP teams.

New content.

Fix class balance.

Fix bugs.

Also, re-initiate the guild finder tool on the website. Was such a good tool, why did you remove it?

Thats it, we dont want to grind the monotonous dailies forever to buy meaningless legacy perks. Please dont make me sick and mention this again.

To be positive, I think the game is great, but please get your act together and focus on what the community wants.

Edited by earsrgood

I laughed hard at whiners b*tching about a particular part of the video (the server selection screen).

You guys will throw potshots at literally anything to have something to complain about.

Ontopic: I'm disappointed that Ranked Warzones aren't up yet, but I'm sure that's because they are gonna pull up some balances for PVP in 1.3 :cool:

this is a very sad update, i doesnt even have a date of when will launch

it have nothing new

it do not fix the real issues we have now, server transfers, sorry but that is much worse that server merges, also is this for get a bit more money from the already hurt and disappointed customers?

i know there is going to be free transfers, but Where? how? still know nothing, and people may not like the destination.

right now only fatman is really healthy.

a LFG that is server only, are you blind BW, dont you see it will do no good? even with server transfers it WONT DO FINE!

no ranked WZ, no 8 man premade, no denova nightmare mode. no small pvp or pve updates, but we get a lot of useless legacy crap,

For god sake someone wake up this guys, tell them WE ARE SICK OF REROLL AND ALTS

already have 6 toons max level, i do not want to alt any more crap, i want to do something with my 50, something that mean something and not the crap we have now, its just so terrible that still after premade 4 people for pvp when you finish the WZ you have to regroup everyone, Thats so bad...

this update is coming Late for what they say after 1.2, also they are doing layoffs? im sure that will make the game get more updates faster.. RIGHT? because less people can work on more faster, its so obvious..

also theres the silence they have had for a long time now..

sad, this update its just sad, it have elements that should have come with release, i start to think BW wants to kill this game now, probably that the goal now, since they know its impossible to save it now... a MMO that is based on alts.. wow lol, i cant believe i fall for this thing...

Hope is lost, lets all just move on, so BW can breath and move on as well, hopefully they never again try to do a MMO, oh and for suggestion, hire good writers , so we dont have more ends like the ME3 in your future games.

Firstly, there are many good points I read from both sides of this. What I will say is, nearly everyone in here really does love the game, else why would you spend time moaning if we didn’t want to play it so bad?

So on that note, well done bioware for making a great game, which I for one enjoy a lot.

On the other hand, I am enjoying it because I am in an active guild, else I think the low population would be an issue for me. I do feel server mergers should take place and not free char transfers. This allows bioware to see who the active players are on a server and do the math to match up 2 to X amount of servers into one thriving server. Do this on a few and close down dead servers, ensure there is a 10% capacity contingency on each server for people to join in, then as this get squeezed, then open new servers and continue to offer free transfers to spread this out in the future as new servers become needed when other servers get over populated.

I can’t see how anyone could moan at a server merge, as everyone your already with will be there, but with a shed load more people.

I like all the legacy stuf, but do wish I didn’t have to blow credits to get them, I want to use my legacy levels, hence the point of raising it, as at the moment, it really counts for not much at all, you still need credits galore.

All in all I am still very pleased with the game. I do wish it was a lot busier, but that I feel can still be fixed if they merge servers or sort out the free transfers in a good way, so that its like a merge, but I am worried about that. Can see it not working right, but time will tell.

What is worrying me is the people I play with have started to look at new MMO’s that are coming, and if they leave, regardless of mergers or free transfers, it ill pull friends away from this game, which will be a big shame!

LFG tool? I don't care. Social gear? Why bother? What I want is a date for character transfers because if it's later than the 19th of June which is when my free month is up, then I'm off to do man things in my shed!

This "Coming soon" BS is the sort of thing you use to pacify a toddler when they ask when Santa Claus is coming. Last night I logged on at 9 and queued for 4 hours and played a grand total of 2 WZs... 2 in 4 hours?!

So, if you don't mind giving a straight definitive answer rather than "soon" or "early summer" my question is;

When will we be able to transfer to a server with other players on it?

btw, I lolled when I saw the list of servers and they were ALL standard, heavy or full. Who are you trying to kid?

LFG tool? I don't care. Social gear? Why bother? What I want is a date for character transfers because if it's later than the 19th of June which is when my free month is up, then I'm off to do man things in my shed!

This "Coming soon" BS is the sort of thing you use to pacify a toddler when they ask when Santa Claus is coming. Last night I logged on at 9 and queued for 4 hours and played a grand total of 2 WZs... 2 in 4 hours?!

So, if you don't mind giving a straight definitive answer rather than "soon" or "early summer" my question is;

When will we be able to transfer to a server with other players on it?

btw, I lolled when I saw the list of servers and they were ALL standard, heavy or full. Who are you trying to kid?

You are not even paying to play this game and you are complaining? This is why I do not come onto these forums very often. Looks good BW. Excited about every item shown in this vid and hope to see more about the PvP soon. Keep it up.

You are not even paying to play this game and you are complaining? This is why I do not come onto these forums very often. Looks good BW. Excited about every item shown in this vid and hope to see more about the PvP soon. Keep it up.

How do I not pay to play this game? Care to ellaborate on how me BUYING 2 copies and PAYING 2 monthly subscriptions is not paying? I got the same free month that everyone else got if they met the requirements.

Only the name of game itself holds players semibounded to it.

EA lootwhores c only numbers.And i wouldnt be so eager for upcoming patch and its context...when i think of all the resubed plyrs who were so happy when theyve anounced rated WZs,and then pull out couple of hours before the patch smthn like..."Ups sorry...but it looks like there will not be any rated WZs whatsoever.Ty for resubin though"

P-LEASE!!!!

Looks good BUT ... where's the multi-spec? OMG this is most important! I want [NEED] to switch from my healing sage to my dps sage in the push of a button! Ok a couple buttons even for my armor and interface to switch with it. Please please please get the promised multi-spec going.

I am not saying that Server Transfers are a bad idea. Just keep in mind, they are not the be all end all magical cure for your problems. If you don't work at making friends it doesn't matter if there are 10 people or 1000 on a server. you'll still be standing alone. complaining about how the community sucks.

It may not be the magic cure however it will start recovery. You cant make friends if there is no one there to join up with.

The LFG Tool looks great! Very happy that it transports you to the FP.

Now, make it cross server!

I agree, i unsubed my account because my server had like 5 people in fleet. there was nothing helping us play with the rest of the community. Cross Server is the key in this LFG system. You are only wasing time by not doing it now and waiting for more feed back like this to do it later on when you will lose more people. I love this game but the energy isnt there anymore like it used too. My account will be frozen till i see it pick up again.

I can find my friends, but I can't play with them without taking penalties in experience because there is no level matching - because there are too many levels. The latter cannot be changed, but level matching could be introduced so that we can play together.

God, no one is ever happy.

Guys, you're supposed to play the game for fun. Not to be uber. Not to kill other people only. Not to rush to end game. Not to threaten leaving because they didn't add the special sparkly wizard hats and tinkerbell lightsabers.

I'm not saying things should be crappy and we have to live with them. But all I ever hear from these forums is whine, whine, whine. Complain, complain, complain. Give them time. Let them add whatever they want to add. I don't care if there was an entire patch dedicated to navel gazing. At least they're doing something!

Argh.

I agree that the game should be fun. Everyone has different tastes and wants of a game. I like the group play doing raids. I occasionally PVP . I don't mind waiting a reasonable amount of time and I will occupy my time by harvesting or dailies while I wait for group play. But you can't do that IF there is no-one around

New content would be nice BUT server transfers are needed first to prop up the declining user base. If you have no one to play the "new" content whats the point of creating it. MMO means group play. If I didn't want to play with others then I would play offline.

I'm not being funny people, but all I've heard is moan, b***h, and scream. Why does everybody see the negatives, and all the features that aren't in this patch? Why can't people be more positive. I'm really looking forward to this because I hate typing "LFG" Every half an hour. Plus I really think they're nailing the armour and what people want their armour to be like: different.

Keep it up Bioware!