Undying Rage is Fine the problem is...

TexasJediKnight

Made up numbers, or your looking at a horrendous marauader, or one with 2% expertise.

Melee die more than ranged -usually- The primary reason marauders die is because everyone recognizes them as the strongest melee class and focuses them. Just like operatives were KOS back when they were 3 shotting people. its not to that degree, but focus fire leads to high death totals. Even on ranged classes, after a couple 400k-600k damage games in a row, people start to run past healers for me to shut me down. It's based on threat in pvp. If someone is deemed as wrecking **** for your teams chances of winning, they are focused. Usually its healing. But the strongest DPS threat is usually next in line. And if he just so happens to be in the front overextended. Guess who's first?

No, I was looking at what a Marauder "would" do if we died twice as much as we do now. But thank you for illustrating my point, the class would be horrendous, I agree.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd start with nerfing Force Camo to 3 minute CD to standardize it with other Vanish-type effects and see if this works. Of course if this works, then my class (Tankasin) is probably next to be nerfed, but I'm almost done with my WH armor!

Please don't. Force Camo is a threat drop power, and for Combat Sentinels, the weaker, less-used version, a snare breaker. I see Watchman Sentinels use it to close the distance on my Sniper without getting pegged, and it's pretty much fine. But you put a 3 minute cooldown on it, and PVE becomes a hell of a lot harder for sentinels, because they lose their critical threat drop. Are you going to put a three minute cooldown on Surrender and Countermeasures? Of course not. It's just another mistake in the Sent/Marauder design, that shows up because everyone plays them now.

I love going on my tank vanguard, and taunting a sentinel/marauder while guarding my healer and applying the accuracy debuff. It's like watching that star wars kid hit nothing.

And the cloak of pain saved him from attacking the tank that's getting healed with high defenses or doing 20% of normal damage on the healer right?

Lemme guess, since the sent/mar's main damage is internal he wrecked you guys

Wait ***, your healer can dispel those dots off?

That cloak of pain/UR sure played into his role of dps well...contributed to the team like no other class.

Edited by Gomex

Ok Vigilance Guardian, can we take away your ability to taunt?

No, make smash a 1 min cd in rage tree is a valid trade off....maybe throw in a talent to make it 45 sec cd to be generous.

What CoP? When I go 1v1 against another Sentinel/Marauder and they pop that I daze them and force camo and wait for it to go away. I don't pop my own rebuke immediately because of this. Boy that was hard. You're a Jugg right? you realize you have taunt/AOE taunt that reduces an enemies outgoing damage by 30% to others right? Both of which can be spammed no matter what stance you are in. Why should a DPS spec have that? Hmm? Juggs are awesome, a Jugg complaining about a Marauder makes me lol.

While you dont have CoP you have useless things like CC immunity on force charge. Don't act like Juggs are some victim class. Competent juggs are just as intimidating as an equally competent sentinel/marauder.

Could care less if BW changes all tanks in this game so that they can only use taunts while being in tank stance. I play my guardian in tank stance for the surv most of the time anyways because otherwise he gets instant *****.

Unremitting (cc imm on leap) is a talent for one tree. It's not like ALL guardians have it so comparing rebuke to unremitting is dumb.

And please show me one post or thread where someone was more scared to fight a guardian over a sent lols.

And the cloak of pain saved him from attacking the tank that's getting healed with high defenses or doing 80% of normal damage on the healer right?

Lemme guess, since the sent/mar's main damage is internal he wrecked you guys

Wait ***, your healer can dispel those dots off?

That cloak of pain/UR sure played into his role of dps well...contributed to the team like no other class.

actually it's a lot less than 80% if guard is applied.

If guard is up 5% right off the top, then the damage is spread between two targets, healers only taking 50% now, and then with a taunt that's 30% less damage...

2k hit = 1900 = 950 = 665 to a single target... 665 to both the healer and tank... kinda sad damage.

People forget that mara's not have CC.

This is called BALANCE.

If some class needs a nerf, it will be hybrid Shadows/Sins. But we know if Bioware nerf this class, river of tears will happen.

Sent's have force stasis and awe. Every class in this game has a stun, and most if not all have a mez too.

Tank shadows for sure need to be nerfed too, but that doesn't mean sents shouldn't be nerfed. Pyro powertech's burst dam also needs to be nerfed to make them do less burst and more consistent dam.

Ok Vigilance Guardian, can we take away your ability to taunt?

*shrug* fine with me but they would definitely have to give my class a buff or two if they did, Marauders are perfectly viable without rebuke

The main topic is a defensive CD, a defensive CD allowed a class BECAUSE they do not have heavy armor, healing, or the ability to deal damage from range.

And people say "armor doesn't really mean much". (not even getting into the fact that the people wearing it also have a sheild typically) Trade it in for some medium, see what happens.

Say it only gives you 10% reduction over medium, and the only two people in a WZ are you and a Marauder, hypothetically of course.

We hit you for 400k damage in a 10 minute match or 666 dps (I realize this is after mitigation but for the sake of the simplicity of math we will calculate both that way, since it is in fact mitigation we are talking about) We'll be liberal with the damage type and say 50k of that is bleeds so your armor alone saves you 35k more than our armor. Plus you also have defensive CDs, maybe not as good, but we are comparing our armor + our best defensive CD, against just your armor.

We also get hit for 400k damage say we can pop UR 8 times in a match that is 40 seconds of 99% mitigation, at 659/sec saving us a total of 26k. So heavy armor all by itself gives an extra 9k protection over UR our best defensive CD. .

So yes, armor means something.

Heavy armor = Best defensive ability in the game. Nerf it.

So he should have one every 30 secs ya makes sense...not.

Frankly that is ridiculous. What good would either one be then? The only way I can see that 99% healing reduction on UR is if UR makes you totally immune to all forms of CC. If they do anything(which I truly doubt since UR isn't OP) it would probably a CD increase which would be fine really. Make the CD 3 min and it won't affect PvE and won't pop often enough for you to rage out about it.

Using either and then popping a pack or being healed is what's ridiculous. There is a reason it takes 50% HP to activate and that reason isn't so you come out of it with more health when you used it.

Killing a guy or two finally get taken down to 500 HP, pop UR, use a medpack and boom your at over 5k again with your ticks. And still have two other CDs you can pop and highest dps in the game to boot.

Ret paladins during their short moment of glory were the same way - noone cared about Bubble until their damage got buffed enought to matter - then boom - record time nerf patch. This is the same, except revs are slow and mostly clueless.

Using either and then popping a pack or being healed is what's ridiculous. There is a reason it takes 50% HP to activate and that reason isn't so you come out of it with more health when you used it.

Killing a guy or two finally get taken down to 500 HP, pop UR, use a medpack and boom your at over 5k again with your ticks. And still have two other CDs you can pop and highest dps in the game to boot.

Ret paladins during their short moment of glory were the same way - noone cared about Bubble until their damage got buffed enought to matter - then boom - record time nerf patch. This is the same, except revs are slow and mostly clueless.

You do know it most situations the other guy is low also and he's already popped his medpack...

By this logic is a "wah marauders can use medpacks when it's most valuable to them!" Sorry we have a better window or a better idea of when to pop it, probably what everyone should do anyways. Rakata with a defensive CD.

This isn't WoW and we're not ret paladins. Also we can't pop our bubble at the start of the fight like they could and burst someone down as well right off the bat. Marauders don't have the front load dps or the damage mitigation ret paladins had at that time period.

This isn't WoW. Bubble makes you immune to cc, UR does not.

Paladins also can't use BoP and Bubble back to back and it reduces their damage by 50% AND it can be dispelled. My point and analogy stands. It's close enough

Edited by Bpotux

Paladins also can't use BoP and Bubble back to back and it reduces their damage by 50% AND it can be dispelled. My point and analogy stands. It's close enough

you're comparing apples and guavas!!!

Rebuke/CoP is on a shorter cooldown than Saber Ward because it isnt guarenteed to last for its full duration, whereas Saber Ward always lasts its full duration. If you CC, stun, or simply dont attack Rebuke, it simply fizzles away. So, if its cooldown is increased to match Saber Ward, it should also not have to be refreshed to stay active and always last its full duration like Saber Ward.

you're comparing apples and guavas!!!

I just don't know how else you want it sliced so that you get it.

Pre 1.2 maraders did okay damage, not enough to gib anyone sub-medium armor in under 10-15 seconds with them using everything they've got, so having Undying Rage didn't tick anyone off.

Now with the combination of all the changes to Expertise, Marauders themselves and nerfs to other classes the aftermath is this:

1. Marauders are now the top DPS out of very single AC, and by a wide margin.

2. Marauders have higher survivabilitty then every singles class in the game including pure tanks

3. Maraders have utility on par with classes that depend on being healed or guarded to play effectively yet don't require support to be effective at the same time

4. Marauders have a way to circumvent the downside of UR by using it when the health cost is less the what a pack will restore and no penalty for camo, unlike even sins who's Vanish cuts healing by 100%.

Combine 1 through 5 and you get something that no semi-balanced MMO should have - independent highest dps with highest survivabilitty at virtually no cost and support to boot.

Assssins Tanks - have less survivabilitty and less dps and slightly higher utility through being able to guard.

Pyrotechs - same thing, Marauder makes them look like Sages in their paper armor.

Everyone else is just waiting to see how this plays out while cringing.

Edited by Bpotux

Pre 1.2 maraders did okay damage, not enough to gib anyone sub-medium armor in under 10-15 seconds with them using everything they've got, so having Undying Rage didn't tick anyone off.

Now with the combination of all the changes to Expertise, Marauders themselves and nerfs to other classes the aftermath is this:

2. Marauders have higher survivabilitty then every singles class in the game including pure tanks

3. Maraders have utility on par with classes that depend on being healed or guarded to play effectively yet don't require support to be effective at the same time

4. Marauders have a way to circumvent the downside of UR by using it when the health cost is less the what a pack will restore and no penalty for camo, unlike even sins who's Vanish cuts healing by 100%.

Combine 1 through 5 and you get something that no semi-balanced MMO should have - independent highest dps with highest survivabilitty at virtually no cost and support to boot.

Assssins Tanks - have less survivabilitty and less dps and slightly higher utility through being able to guard.

Pyrotechs - same thing, Marauder makes them look like Sages in their paper armor.

Thanks for the correction Xerain, I edited to show what I meant ><

Answer me this,

Would you rather have a guardian carrying a ball or a marauder? And why?

Would you rather have a sin or op solo defending a cap or a marauder? And why?

Have you actually played against a good pyro?

They have undispellable damage along with grip+non stop interrupts and aoe cc that doesn't break on damage...that alone destroys momentum of the other team.

Also did you seriously mention assassin tanks have less dps compared to a marauder who is a pure dps class? What were you trying to prove there?

Did you know assassins/TANK EVEN can heal THEMSELVES to full after popping out of stealth and using seethe or whatever their version is called?

There is a penalty for using camo, it's called losing stealth so we die faster which results more time in respawns...which results prevention of caps...which results in dps loss, which results game losses.

Give me a stealth I can stay in/get out of combat and I'll take the healing reduc any day.

You make it sound like marauders are the only class that benefited from expertise...why is that?

Give me one valid answer to my questions please

otherwise "I just don't know how you want it sliced so that you get it."

Edited by Gomex

Answer me this,

They have undispellable damage along with grip+non stop interrupts and aoe cc that doesn't break on damage...that alone destroys momentum of the other team.

Also did you seriously mention assassin tanks have less dps compared to a marauder who is a pure dps class? What were you trying to prove there?

Did you know assassins/TANK EVEN can heal THEMSELVES to full after popping out of stealth and using seethe or whatever their version is called?

There is a penalty for using camo, it's called losing stealth so we die faster which results more time in respawns...which results prevention of caps...which results in dps loss, which results game losses.

Give me a stealth I can stay in/get out of combat and I'll take the healing reduc any day.

You make it sound like marauders are the only class that benefited from expertise...why is that?

...I don't even know what to say here, couldn't understand any of that really.

Answer me this,

Marauder, they can leap just the same but also have UR that lets them run through fire like its nothing and a speed boost, already covered that tanks have less survivabilitty then Maras - so I'd pick a Mara.

Either one will do the job, again marauder is capable of lasting as long if not longer while waiting for help. Higher DR CDs and a mini vanish.

yes

They never go immune to damage or invisible and can be focused easily and are interruptible themselves - point being with all their burst, they die just as easily as they kill.

I said Marauders do highest dps in the game, so yes, by extension that includes assassin tanks and Dec / Inf spec which is a glass cannon - unlike marauderss

Lol ***, everyone can do it, as long as you're not in combat. Assassin has to use two long CD - longer then UR to 100% gt out of combat and not repop due to a dot. What's your point?

You're not a stealth class, you shouldn't even have that to begin with, and you're contradicting your previous question about assassin vanish.

Play OP or sin if you think it's that awesome, though I will warn you - stealth in ToR doesn't matter from closer then 20m.

Look at coefficients exp gives to Damage and the to dr and healing, if you have to ask again, you need to go read a book or 100.

Anything else?

Snipers and Pyros are right there with us on burst (PvP isn't about 5+minute parses), and if we're using one of the two competitive ST DPS trees, our AOE damage is below laughable.

False. Tanksins can survive far better than we can short of anything smaller than a 5v1, and only way the Marauder survives better than them in a 5v1 is if they've got a 75-90s cooldown available.

Far less CC, especially when you consider that Force Choke/Stasis is interruptible and stuns both parties. The Utility is only there when you're in combat, as the 50% run speed is good, but in Annihilation, using it sacrifices survivability for a short time by not healing. Even traited it's nothing compared to taunts or meaningful off-heals.

Except for when it's traited and that part where it lasts longer than 4-6 seconds.

If that described a class in competitive PvP, I'd agree. However, Marauders only fit that description in pugstomps, which means that the stompees are incompetent by definition. Just food for thought.

Any good assassin tank walks all over marauder survivability.

Except that part where Pyros are going to deliver far more damage in 10s than a marauder, but hey, keep the blinders on.

Ever heard the phrase "A person is smart, people are dumb"? It's scientifically proven routinely in MMO nerf threads. Operatives got nerfed (repeatedly) because they had the poor design of an executioner playstyle that's plagued MMO forums for a decade, and rather than getting a proper redesign to move away from this playstyle and into a role that's both fun to play as and against, they're now nerfed into mediocrity. Sages had (and technically still do) the strongest AOE ability of any class, making medals and therefore valor bleed into them, allowing them to outgear everyone and appear far stronger than they were, rather than allowing the playing field to balance out, they're now nerfed into mediocrity. Commandos were horribly designed in a playstyle that requires their opponents to be incompetent, once people stopped being incompetent, they buffed their damage to provide them the ability to do something against competent players, and then their damage against incompetents was ungodly, therefore rather than a proper redesign, they're nerfed into oblivion.

These witch hunts don't help game balance- They destroy it. The balance is far tighter on the high end, with PTs, Maras, Juggs, Healing Ops, Snipers, Healing Sorcs, and Assassins being far closer together than they are from DPS Operatives, Sorcs and both Mercenary specs. Bring the outliers to the group, don't bring the group to the outliers.

Edited by Apocalypse-

Sorry but no, i'm putting up the same numbers i have since always. What bad marauder do you know that did ok damage?

Proof please? Seriously proof.

No they do not. Just because we have some nice defensive CD's to make up for the medium armor and always being out in the open does not make us more tankier then a tank.

A heal debuff and a 50% run speed?

I require plenty of support to do as well as everyone else who gets support. Put a marauder, who is probably one of if not the best healer killers in this game, and whoever you think is the best healer in the game against a healer of the same type and a class with guard like a tankasin and see what team wins...

So every other class gets to pop medpacks whenever they want, why can't i pop mine with a defensive CD? That's probably the best time for anyone to pop one anyways.

Sins can spec to have that removed and it really shouldn't be there anyways, also they get to drop combat completely and stay vanished.

We do not have the highest survivability and we do need support, our 250 hot's that only tick with berserk or DOT crits aren't anything amazing. Normal warzone i'll heal like 25k maybe.

Assassin tanks do not have less survivability and do not have less DPS... I have one they're tanky as hell and can put out some DPS and burst with 100% crit shocks and chain shocks.

Pyrotechs have insane amounts of burst and run around in heavy armor ALWAYS. 100% of the time heavy armor.

"medium armor isn't that good because it only offers like 5% more mitigation then light" <See that, doesn't it just look stupid? Yeah i don't get hit as hard as sages do in their light armor and i know i don't hit heavies as hard as as i hit medium armored people so GG.

Answer me this,

Guradian, they can switch to their tanking form and have better mobility and i have no problem popping off Predation for the group in the huttballs. Also i'm probably a much better support. Oh i forgot about the charge push charge combo too... 60m in 3 globals right after i pop predation.. yeah that can make for win.

Probably the tankasin because believe it or not they are a great 1v1 class, they have awesome survivability ALWAYS, their self healing pretty great, plus they can revanish and use their sap to kick caps while support arrives. It shouldn't take that long for support to get there but i do know assassins live far longer then me.

**** their burst it's a scary thing.

Pyro has the best interrupt potential in the game.

150% crit damage on their most spammed move, 100% crit chance on their biggest hitter,9% melee crit buff when they force crit, 75% more damage on lightning, recklessness, assassins can pump out some damage if needed.

i wish i could drop combat and heal up.

Camo's best use is a focus fire drop and escape.

Warrior with pure stealth...

Because people see a change they don't understand they cry that some one else got better when nothing has changed for marauder since like 2 months before beta ended.

There's my answers, good?

Marauder, they can leap just the same but also have UR that lets them run through fire like its nothing and a speed boost, already covered that tanks have less survivabilitty then Maras - so I'd pick a Mara.

www.torhead.com <go read jugg and marauder abilities and see the differences in them and how they work. The speed boost EFFECTS THE WHOLE RAID. No tanks do not have less survivability then maras.

Either one will do the job, again marauder is capable of lasting as long if not longer while waiting for help. Higher DR CDs and a mini vanish.

yes

Actually no. Our mini vanish is nothing compared to the sin/op true vanish.

They never go immune to damage or invisible and can be focused easily and are interruptible themselves - point being with all their burst, they die just as easily as they kill.

Um assassins go immune to all tech/force damage which includes all forms of CC and most snares. Ops evasion wipes hostile effects off of them everytime they dodge and have stupid burst

I said Marauders do highest dps in the game, so yes, by extension that includes assassin tanks and Dec / Inf spec which is a glass cannon - unlike marauderss

I guess you don't know about snipers or powertechs amazing burst potential huh?

Lol ***, everyone can do it, as long as you're not in combat. Assassin has to use two long CD - longer then UR to 100% gt out of combat and not repop due to a dot. What's your point?

One is 45 seconds and the other is 2 mins.... they can do that and run away and hide and not be found the whole match if wanted.

You're not a stealth class, you shouldn't even have that to begin with, and you're contradicting your previous question about assassin vanish.

It's an aggro drop as stated before, that's what it's used for, it's like counter measures for sniper.

Play OP or sin if you think it's that awesome, though I will warn you - stealth in ToR doesn't matter from closer then 20m.

I have a 50 assassin and you have to be a lot closer then 20m to be seen, it's like 10 and even less if you have the talents to buff stealth.

Look at coefficients exp gives to Damage and the to dr and healing, if you have to ask again, you need to go read a book or 100.

Anything else?

I just want you people to learn to play and how to counter other people and their abilities. Is that so bad?