Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Any Way to Completely Avoid PvP on a PvP Server?

Celestial_Lord

I have very little interest in Star Wars: The Old Republic. However, a few close friends in my guild pre-ordered the game a few months ago, so I did so as well. Recently however, my guild decided to play on a PvP server.

I'm a carebear. I admit it. I intensely dislike PvP, and that's putting it mildly.

So, is there a way to completely avoid PvP on a PvP server? Or did I just waste $80?

No, because that's what PvP servers are for: to experience PvP in the open world.

They can not account for every individual situation.

That said, it will take a rather long time for you to encounter anyone else.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

Hey there!

You're welcome to create a new character on a PVE server, which would probably benefit you a bit more. This way you can play without fear of being killed by other players and still enjoy the rich story within Star Wars: The Old Republic!

Hope this helps,

Tenneth

Hey there!

You're welcome to create a new character on a PVE server, which would probably benefit you a bit more. This way you can play without fear of being killed by other players and still enjoy the rich story within Star Wars: The Old Republic!

Hope this helps,

Tenneth

Congratulations on completely missing the point of this thread, and pretending to be a CSR...

No! plain and simple. I still don't think you wasted your money. You can always switch to a PvE server. Yeah you'll have to leave your guild, but there are others out there. Personally I hate getting ganked too. But still I think it makes for a much more challenging game. But I recommend you play on a PvE server and get used to the game then run on a PvP server.

Edit: your in a guild man. You guys should be grouping up and causing havoc to the other side.

Edited by Ldogg

Lets set this out first.

All 3 types of servers have Warzones, Flashpoints and operations.

PVP Server type.

This is when your character has PVP enabled and Cannot disable it.

This means you can be attacked by anyone, anywhere, anytime by the opposite faction.

PVE Server type.

This is When your character CAN choose to be PVP Enabled or PVP disabled (disabled by default).

This means you can level in peace, and attack other people when it suits you, this also means that you cant attack people at random unless they want to also.

RP Server Type.

Same as PVE except this server type is meant for people who like to pretend or act out there character like they was playing a role in a movie. Its make believe, if your character is a sith then you pretend to talk like a sith would.

Its not for everyone, thats what PVE is for!

So if people talk funny to you, its because they roleplaying.

So there you have it, what the actual differences are, and let me just stress again...

All 3 types of servers have Warzones, Flashpoints and operations.

Did I say I was? They are clearly marked with a yellow border around their forum avatar for future reference.

Regards,

Tenneth

The coloring of your text and the "Hey there!" opening and signed off closing were, as you well know, designed to give the false impression that it was an official reply.

Of course, they gave everyone who read the post a very different impression altogether! Surely there are better ways of building your self-esteem?

As to the OP, there isn't really an obvious solution except to say that if you don't like the game and don't like your guild's choice of playstyle then don't play. Whilst you probably could avoid PvP for a while on that server the chances are that sooner rather than later your guild will call on you to support your guildmates and you'll be found wanting. Better to recognise that this isn't the game for you, I would have thought.

Congratulations on completely missing the point of this thread, and pretending to be a CSR...

Tenneth is an NPH like I am. We choose to color our texts to make them stand out a little bit more. He is not impersonating a CSR, nor trying too. It is far better to be cordial and opening/closing a response, then trolling a thread.

Surely there are better ways of building your self-esteem?

Uncalled for. Tenneth is helping others. Who is gaining more self-esteem? The person helping others, or the person trying to rip on those helping others?

Edited by Frigidman

Hey everyone,

Just a quick reminder here - the topic for this thread is for suggestions to assist Celestial_Lord with not encountering PVP battles on a PVP focused server. This thread is not about other community members. Please, let's get the topic back on track! Take a moment to review the Rules of Conduct. For everyone responding with replies that are on-topic, constructive and respectful, please keep it up!

Thank you!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.