accident with advanced class

keshaikol

i have a lvl 50 sorceror. decided i wanted an assassin to lvl on the side. wo got to lvl 11 went to fleet to choose my class and accidently chose sorceror again. when a gm replied they said to just suggest it to the developers. so it looks like i have to delete and reroll if i want to change advanced class. which is pretty ****. gettin to 10 doesnt take a long time but it still takes time. time that i hav now wasted

condolances but thats why they point out several times to be careful about your choice....

dont you , y'know want to try another class?....you know assassin gets exactly the same story you just went through right?...

Greetings,

There are no plans to allow switching between Advanced Classes at this time, however we do plan to allow dual spec in a future update. Here is what Lead Game Designer Daniel Erickson had to say in a recent Weekly Q&A:

Lovarboy: Will we get dual spec with Game Update 1.3?

Daniel: Unfortunately, no. Game Update 1.3 is being kept a bit leaner to get the Group Finder and the next stage of Legacy in the game as fast as possible. After that we’ll be returning to some bigger updates and we’re hoping dual spec makes it for the next one.

We know this doesn't necessarily help your character's situation at this moment, but it might help you plan for the future of other characters.

Thank you for your feedback!

I agree. The advanced trainer needs to verify that you are making the right choice. I suggest they put in more checks. Like:

Are you sure?

Are you really sure?

Are you really REALLY sure?

You know you're about to make the wrong choice. Right?

Last chance to change your mind...

I mean it.

Seriously this time.

Are you absolutely positive?

And then the person can be assigned the advanced class they choose.

i have a lvl 50 sorceror. decided i wanted an assassin to lvl on the side. wo got to lvl 11 went to fleet to choose my class and accidently chose sorceror again. when a gm replied they said to just suggest it to the developers. so it looks like i have to delete and reroll if i want to change advanced class. which is pretty ****. gettin to 10 doesnt take a long time but it still takes time. time that i hav now wasted

Time that you have now wasted because you weren't paying attention to what you were doing. Chalk it up to you learning how to pay attention, delete the new Sorc and make a new toon. You are in this situation due to your own lack of care, not anything anyone else did. Suck it up and roll a new one.

If we can't switch any time we want, why not have a grace period for switching?

By this, I mean you can change between the advanced classes at a charge for as long as you are level 10, so that way players can get a small taste of what each of the advanced classes does before deciding to stick with one.

If we can't switch any time we want, why not have a grace period for switching?

By this, I mean you can change between the advanced classes at a charge for as long as you are level 10, so that way players can get a small taste of what each of the advanced classes does before deciding to stick with one.

Or, I would think, 10-12.

This is why we inevitably end up with kettles that have "Warning - boiling water, do not put your hands inside!" on them. :)

It's also why I'm very careful when choosing my advanced class - although in fairness if there isn't an "are you sure?" pop-up (I can't remember if there is) maybe there should be.

so your saying duel spec will allow you to switch between advanced classes.

No, it's just a Community Rep who has no idea what the OP is actually complaining about trying to smooth things over by just posting something even though it's completely irrelevant.

This is why we inevitably end up with kettles that have "Warning - boiling water, do not put your hands inside!" on them. :)

I bet it went something like this:

"Ok, I already have a Sorcerer, pick Assassin, pick Assassin, pick Assassin, pick Assassin, pick Assassin..."

"Which do you choose? Sorcerer or Assassin?"

"I HAVE A SORCERER, THEY MUST MEAN THAT!"

click

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Edited by YanksfanJP

congrats, you have encountered one of BW's design flaws where they couldn't be arsed to design eight unique classes and story lines from level 1.

The OP's lack of ability to select the proper AC is BioWare's design flaw?

It's also why I'm very careful when choosing my advanced class - although in fairness if there isn't an "are you sure?" pop-up (I can't remember if there is) maybe there should be.

There is a pop up that explains the basics of each AC, tells you what armor type and weapons each AC uses, and lets you look at the skill trees. If a person isn't paying attention to that, then a "Are you sure?" pop up isn't going to help him or her out.