Do ppl not honestly know?

Stavroz

PPl are desperate, for good reason, for char transfers we all know this.

Endless threads have been posted and no eta has been given for when it will be ready.

BW has been tight lipped about when it will be ready which implies that they have not quite got the mechanics ready.

This is not true however.

Oceanic players were offered transfers 1 week after 1.2 from ANY server to one of the 3 Oceanic servers. And the transfers went ahead smoothly and quickly. This was almost a month ago.

The mechanic exists for server transfers and it just boggles me why BW/EA is risking further loss in subscriptions for something that they already have the ability to do?

Edited by Stavroz

Endless threads have been posted and no eta has been given for when it will be ready.

BW has been tight lipped about when it will be ready which implies that they have not quite got the mechanics ready.

Oceanic players were offered transfers 1 week after 1.2 from ANY server to one of the 3 Oceanic servers. And the transfers went ahead smoothly and quickly. This was almost a month ago.

The mechanic exists for server transfers and it just boggles me why BW/EA is risking further loss in subscriptions for something that they already have the ability to do?

Yeah, its pretty sad.

Edited by Koskilicious

It's a strange company that appears quite noobish as it relates to community health regarding dysfunctional game play. SWTOR doesn't socially engineer relationships well enough (Like WoW and EverQuest) to delay game-health issues before losing subscribers. I love the game, but they sure make a lot of mistakes and their time to respond and fix issues takes catastrophically too long. Edited by Blasphemerr

I was under the assumption that it had something to do with the scale of the transfers being that most subs are in America. Tbh at this point xfers are the least of my concern merges should be priority #1 not endgame content. I crave a community not more crap that I cannot do unless my entire guild is on (rarely happens).

I posted this in the other thread but in case you missed it.

The Oceanic transfers all had to be done by hand which would not be feasable for a mass tranfer across multiple servers with possibly hundreds of thousands of people requesting transfers.

Manual worked because it was a much smaller number. They are trying to automate that process for the final transfers. Hopefully it will be sooner rather then later.

It could also be that they hope people will resub when the server transfer news is released so they want it to be right before June 30th so their 2nd quarter financials show a large number of subscribers. At least to be in June where these subscriptions won't lapse till July.

Ideally they should be done late next week so casual people reaching for Swtor or purchasing swtor will find busy servers over the Memorial Day weekend. I think the best case scenario would be to start transfers next week while simultaneously offering an additional free week subscription to anyone that resubscribes next week this way their subscriptions also look good on the June 30th close.

Edited by LancelotOC