If 1.3 Does not Come With ...

siegedeluxe

LFD without Cross Server is going to be hilarious.

I agree a LFG tool that isn't cross server is broken already. Rift tried it and it failed. Why not take some of the experience other game shave had and use it. Wow cross server works, Rift tried server only(fail), Cross server (works).

What I would like to see is a cross server LFG tool the try's to match you based first off your server, if not enough people are queued then it will try to fill the group from other servers. I just logged into Rift today for the first time since swtor came out hoped on a level 35 toon I was leveling and had a group in less then 5 minutes. That's awesome!

While server mergers can help, they also creates their own unique problems, people will lose character names and legacy names and it creates a pretty disgruntled player base. Nothing worse then being forced to move to a new server and seeing your name with a X at the end or your Legacy. It might seem silly but some of us take a lot of pride in the names we have chosen and the reputation we have built. Server merges while necessary sometimes sure can lead to a lot of upset players.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree a LFG tool that isn't cross server is broken already. Rift tried it and it failed. Why not take some of the experience other game shave had and use it. Wow cross server works, Rift tried server only(fail), Cross server (works).

Since we've all had different experiences with x-server or same-server, both of which you'll find claims of both being successful and both failing, all of which is completely anecdotal, why not just join up and ask for an LFG tool with an X-server toggle? Both sides are served, both get what they want.

Problem solved.

Since we've all had different experiences with x-server or same-server, both of which you'll find claims of both being successful and both failing, all of which is completely anecdotal, why not just join up and ask for an LFG tool with an X-server toggle? Both sides are served, both get what they want.

Problem solved.

Please, id love to hear about the time that a cross server lfg tool failed to do what it was meant to do, get people into groups faster than a same server lfg tool.

And im not sure you grasp the meaning of the word Anecdotal. It is not my or any other person here point of view that a same server tool failed to do what it was made to do and was replaced in other games. it just did, or they wouldnt have bothered to change it.

And stating that because this game has a smaller server population cap, less spots for dps in groups and no dual specs it will be harder for a same server tool to work here is not anecdotal either, if you dont agree that those things will negatively effect a same server lfg tool then youre just not equiped to have this conversation.

And yes i saw what you said about the toggle, thats fine keep trying to get the same server crazies to agree to it, but quit saying dumb things before you bring it up.

Please, id love to hear about the time that a cross server lfg tool failed to do what it was meant to do, get people into groups faster than a same server lfg tool.

And im not sure you grasp the meaning of the word Anecdotal. It is not my or any other person here point of view that a same server tool failed to do what it was made to do and was replaced in other games. it just did, or they wouldnt have bothered to change it.

And stating that because this game has a smaller server population cap, less spots for dps in groups and no dual specs it will be harder for a same server tool to work here is not anecdotal either, if you dont agree that those things will negatively effect a same server lfg tool then youre just not equiped to have this conversation.

And yes i saw what you said about the toggle, thats fine keep trying to get the same server crazies to agree to it, but quit saying dumb things before you bring it up.

:rolleyes:

I personally would go across the road to the other gas station, but apparently not everyone would. With all the posts from players refusing to reroll, or transfer servers when that becomes available, it sure seems that a lot of people would rather sit in their car and demand that the gas station add more nozzles.

Or they are wanting access to group content quicker which a cross server LFG ( more nosels= larger pool to form grps from ) would give them that. :)

What I would like to see is a cross server LFG tool the try's to match you based first off your server, if not enough people are queued then it will try to fill the group from other servers. I just logged into Rift today for the first time since swtor came out hoped on a level 35 toon I was leveling and had a group in less then 5 minutes. That's awesome!

While server mergers can help, they also creates their own unique problems, people will lose character names and legacy names and it creates a pretty disgruntled player base. Nothing worse then being forced to move to a new server and seeing your name with a X at the end or your Legacy. It might seem silly but some of us take a lot of pride in the names we have chosen and the reputation we have built. Server merges while necessary sometimes sure can lead to a lot of upset players.

I absolutely do take pride in my char's names and not just that...they are a very important part of my immersion into the lore of the game. If I am ever forced to change my char's names from a server merge/transfer, I will unsub. It means that much to me.

Or they are wanting access to group content quicker which a cross server LFG ( more nosels= larger pool to form grps from ) would give them that. :)

But rerolling now, or transferring servers when it becomes available(going across the street to the gas station with more nozzles), would give them quicker access to group content even with a single server LFG.

Here is a great little article by Force Junkies!

http://www.forcejunkies.com/2012/05/16/1-3-a-stepping-stone-to-x-server-group-finder/

Check it out.

Great article and right on the subject of this thread and why the pros of a cross server LFG tool are better than the cons of one. His idea of BioWare adding a Real ID friend;s list like Blizzard does for it's games is a super idea. Thanks for sharing this with us. :)

But rerolling now, or transferring servers when it becomes available(going across the street to the gas station with more nozzles), would give them quicker access to group content even with a single server LFG.

Time will tell. But I am not rerolling and read my post right above yours on how I feel about a name and legacy change.

Time will tell. But I am not rerolling and read my post right above yours on how I feel about a name and legacy change.

Same man, rerolled twice. My first toon was a jedi guardian on peragus mining facility, this server is dead now. my second server is now starting to drop in activity as well.

Except the incentives didn't start until it went cross server and you missed the other one;

WoW still has deserted servers even with x-server, and guess what 'blues' say "We are working on it", sound similar huh.

ya but poeple in wow have absolutely no problem finding a grp for a dungeon, bg or even a ****in raid.

Same server lfg is a damn joke it whoever says its gonna be funny is right. Whats the difference between the server wide lfd and spamming in the lfg channel people made .. Its honeslty thre stupidest thing i ever heard in my whole exp with mmo's.

In the end its not gonna matter because if they wait to do server merges until 1.3 cause god knows when the hell that will be but i'm assuming months. This game will officialy be dead. After diablo came out it killed what was left of the already dead servers. I cant even get a pvp que anymore and on a sat night there is 25 peeps on my fleet.

You will be playing D3 regardless. It's easy to point out the players who want dungeon running type games when they come to forums and whine about not having a cross server LFD

So what do u do in game when u play swtor if u have no players to group with because there are no players on ur server? Except leveling everything in game is dungeon or instanced unless u like hanging in the fleet.

Lfd and cross server que are mandatory for 99% of mmo players now. Its not a decade ago. I like carburated 69 camaros but guess what now adays everything is fuel injected and thats what 99% of people drive. Its fun and seems like times were better when gams didnt have it but its not. All swtor did by not having launched with lfd and cross server is prove that games dont succeed without them. I for one realized how much i hated vanilla wow since playing swtor because its necessary to connect players across realms and pointless to have content people cant play because theres no one to play with. Every player should be able to find a group to do content at all times of the day there id no excuse when someone logs in and there are onl 10 people on an entire server and is paying for a mmo.

I absolutely do take pride in my char's names and not just that...they are a very important part of my immersion into the lore of the game. If I am ever forced to change my char's names from a server merge/transfer, I will unsub. It means that much to me.

This is exactly what I'm concerned about with these transfers and possible merges. To me, it's not right to have people who have been playing since day 1 to lose their character/legacy names just because they picked the wrong needle in the haystack. I feel the reason BW is going with transfers and not merges off the bat is so that people can't really complain about losing their names. After all, if your server is still open, no one is forcing you to change, even though not doing so greatly reduces the amount of entertainment you can get out of the game.

I'm also worried because, while my republic server is beyond dead, my imp server is reasonably populated right now, especially on the imp side (just over 200 people server-wide when I logged in around 4pm server time today). I'm worried that this server will die out too when transfers become available because it's not one of the top 5 most populated servers and everyone will leave for fatman or one of the other consistently "standard" servers.

Even though, as people have pointed out, cross-server warzones and lfg are only treating symptoms of a bigger problem, I think it will at least help fix the problem without creating much bigger problems.

Cross server anything is not needed.

Why? Look at a populated server like Fatman. A local server only LFG/PvP would have no issue with finding groups. It would have no need for cross server because it has the population for it.

The best solution is to CLOSE DOWN at least half of the current servers. Close most of the ones that are "Light" at prime time, and move those players to "Standard" servers. Those standard servers would now have a much larger population base, and thus any PvP or LFG would have a much larger pool on the server to pull from.

Cross server is simply a way to get around closing down servers. It does not in any way fix the real issue, which is low server population. Fix the population first. After that, one can look at doing cross server, if there is still a problem.

Man I hope you're right. Edited by GalacticKegger

So what do u do in game when u play swtor if u have no players to group with because there are no players on ur server?

He's on the forums calling everyone who wants X-server LFD immature impatient children.

I'm with you bro. We're in the modern age of gaming. More gamers want more bang for their buck. Sitting in fleet spamming "LFG" isn't exactly the "Star Wars" adventure I was hoping for.

He's on the forums calling everyone who wants X-server LFD immature impatient children.

I'm with you bro. We're in the modern age of gaming. More gamers want more bang for their buck. Sitting in fleet spamming "LFG" isn't exactly the "Star Wars" adventure I was hoping for.

Spamming LFG in the chat is very heroic, mr. james ohlen told me so.

I remember being on these forums during Beta. Even the mention of a cross server LFG too/Duel spec would drive posters crazy with protest. They would describe it as cancer for an MMO, Lazy Buttons, Community Destroyers. The problem is Bioware listened to that nonsense and now countless people have unsubbed because BW decided nonsensical paranoia made more sense than standard MMO features. That decision obviously did not work out. Let's just hope they can fix their mistake before its too late...

I remember being on these forums during Beta. Even the mention of a cross server LFG too/Duel spec would drive posters crazy with protest. They would describe it as cancer for an MMO, Lazy Buttons, Community Destroyers. The problem is Bioware listened to that nonsense and now countless people have unsubbed because BW decided nonsensical paranoia made more sense than standard MMO features. That decision obviously did not work out. Let's just hope they can fix their mistake before its too late...

I dont think i ever came to the forums much in beta, but that would explain all these really off the wall ideas bioware had when they released this game.

Who else would think it was a good idea to release vanilla wow with lightsabers to compete with current wow but that small yet very vocal group of players who's first mmo was wow and think vanilla wow was the golden age of mmos.

Edited by Mallorik

Well they are still not making the 1.3 LFD tool cross-server. And there will be no dual spec either in the next patch. So I don't know why you are trying to pass blame on to the forum posters.

Well they are still not making the 1.3 LFD tool cross-server. And there will be no dual spec either in the next patch. So I don't know why you are trying to pass blame on to the forum posters.

I'm actually passing blame on BW for listening to forum posters rather than pay attention to other successful MMO and taking note that they added a cross server LFG tool and duel specs almost immediately. The fact that they still don't have the above features means they still don't get it. 1.2 had a bunch of things that didn't really help the game as subs dropped after it came out. My fear is by the time these modern feature are released, enough people will have left that the server population won't be sustainable. Some forum posters will always whine about cross server LFG, BW should have had the foresight to ignore them.